Options

Musicianship in this band...

jonposeyjonposey Posts: 138
edited November 2013 in The Porch
...is at an all time high!

I know that there have been shows that were more energetic than the shows on this tour. But just from pure performance, I believe that Pearl Jam is peaking as a live band.

I was at the OKC show last week with a childhood friend that had never been to a PJ show before and he was blown away! I really think the days of "Eddie is carrying the band" are LONG gone. McCready has evolved into an awesome lead guitarist, Ament has always been solid, Gossard may have always been the most talented musician of all of them, and Cameron is a drum god.

I also listened to the Pitt boot today and seriously this is the best Pearl Jam ever. I am a fan from Ten, but they just keep getting better! (Especially live.)
\m/ \m/
www.jonposey.us
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    edited November 2013
    I've converted a few "Non-Fans" by simply taking them to a live show. I have a relative that still doesn't own ONE PJ cd. But, if they are playing anywhere within 250 miles of her house?....she won't miss a show!
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I think getting people to see the shows is the best way to get them into the band and to see what they've been missing.
  • Options
    @pjradio and @Jamminonthe1 No doubt! Until you have been to a show, you really haven't experienced Pearl Jam!
    \m/ \m/
    www.jonposey.us
  • Options
    And just to be clear, I am listening to the Pitt boot again right now and if someone asked me to play "Why Go," I think I would play them the Pitt boot track. So tight, especially for a band that could be mailing it in at this point in their career.
    \m/ \m/
    www.jonposey.us
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I've only heard a few tunes, so I'll reserve final judgement for when I can listen to a few whole shows, but it'll be tough to top 98-03.
  • Options
    Mike is the only one getting better with age. Eddie is obviously the man as well as Matt but Mike is continually upping his game.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    I've only heard a few tunes, so I'll reserve final judgement for when I can listen to a few whole shows, but it'll be tough to top 98-03.

I think the Riot Act Tour is the dividing line. I remember going to that show in 2003 and getting punched in the gut 5 times before Vedder ever acknowledged the crowd. Since they have gone with more of a slow burn template to their shows everything is less frenetic and more controlled chaos. It's all subjective as always.
    \m/ \m/
    www.jonposey.us
  • Options
    I have only heard boots from that era but to me this tour is their best since at least '98. They are so much tighter than they used to be.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    I have only heard boots from that era but to me this tour is their best since at least '98. They are so much tighter than they used to be.

+1 Agreed.
    \m/ \m/
    www.jonposey.us