Options

Beware Sevens Flippers

ChuckhaintChuckhaint Posts: 76
edited November 2013 in The Porch
I heard through a credible source that one of if not the main reason there were so few sevens sets sold is 10c is closely tracking where they end up and will be revoking 10c memberships of those people they catch flipping. I noticed on one of the auction sites that there were bids as high as 550 for a 55 dollar set. I agree if that's what they are doing as one of the people who just missed out on getting a set and would have listened to them!
Pit 10/11/13
Philly 10/22/13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,931
    And if you believe they put a man on the moon...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    Those who create the limited supply create the over-demand.

If what you stated is the case, why wouldn't the 10c just have created more and made it an open order like they did with the vault 3? This would have been a better investment to save them hours of time watching ebay and tracking them
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    I heard through a credible source that one of if not the main reason there were so few sevens sets sold is 10c is closely tracking where they end up and will be revoking 10c memberships of those people they catch flipping. I noticed on one of the auction sites that there were bids as high as 550 for a 55 dollar set. I agree if that's what they are doing as one of the people who just missed out on getting a set and would have listened to them!
    Is this a test?
  • Options
    10c in entrapment scandal...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    I call Bullshit.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Spags wrote:
    10c in entrapment scandal...
    Sting operation! :lol:
  • Options
    Oh no...not again...listen all of y'all it's a SABOTAGE!!!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Anyone saying this is untrue is probably a sevens flipper. :nono:
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    my only question is, why would they waste their time?

people can discreetly sell these through a third party and no one would be any wiser, Tenc would have realised that these would be flipped as soon as they were labelled limited.

Im just relieved I wont have to entertain that secondary market ...phew.....cant wait to receive it
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Oooh oooh, I know this one, they wouldn't.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Chuckhaint wrote:

One would have to buy it to consider flipping it. I saved my $
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    pdalowsky wrote:

people can discreetly sell these through a third party and no one would be any wiser, Tenc would have realised that these would be flipped as soon as they were labelled limited.

Im just relieved I wont have to entertain that secondary market ...phew.....cant wait to receive it
    Excellent point, third party sale and no record of it.....eBay is simple to track. But why would they waste they're time, they have better things to do.

I wonder how many were pressed?? Seems like quite a few have been sold or listed on eBay
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Chuckhaint wrote:

So just to be clear... Pearl Jam sanctioned the creation of a product with the specific intent to find people that would flip it so that they could cancel their membership? They purposely kept it out of many hands that wanted it in order to pull off this sting op? Do I have this right?

I'm not going to say one way or another whether they are tracking these closely (quite frankly, I hope they are), but to suggest the main reason they created so few was to do some kind of weird sting op is just ludicrous IMO.
  • Options
    This sort of paranoia works with the government because you're meant to believe they are in control of shit - we all know Ten Club can't even get an unfucked record out to the UK in under 6 weeks so this just comes off as fantasy...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    This reminds me of the one Seinfeld episode where Kramer accuses a married couple in their 70's running an old shoe repair shop that they set up shop, had the business 50 years just to steal Jerry's sneakers and close up shop and run with them
    seinfeld-mom-and-pop-store.jpg?w=300&h=220
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    This sort of paranoia works with the government because you're meant to believe they are in control of shit - we all know Ten Club can't even get an unfucked record out to the UK in under 6 weeks so this just comes off as fantasy...

touché
    "Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." Charles De Mar.
  • Options
    "You mean Mom and Pop aren't even a Mom & Pop!?"
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Flipping or not flipping people are selling every LP, poster , whatever on Lost Dogs for 2,3,10 times up. 10C does care when flipping comes to ticket prices. I'm angry with people buying things only to flip them the next day but 10C has nothing to do with it. On the other hand i saw a lot of people who were bitching about Sevens, buying 2 copies of it from Amazon...
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    Spags wrote:

in fairness to the 10c though, they didn't actually press and deliver LB themselves, they got screwed just as bad if not more than we did. Think it's bad getting one badly pressed vinyl late - immagine having it happen to tens of thousands of your customers and then having to deal with it and cop all the blame/abuse that goes with it!
    "Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." Charles De Mar.
  • Options
    Hey. I'm just saying I heard this. I don't know if its true or not. But here's a thought. Why would anyone, knowing the fiasco that just occurred with pressing lightning bolt, even consider agreeing to pay upwards of 600 dollars on an auction site from somebody who hasn't even had the product shipped to them yet. What happens when your 600 dollars worth of plastic is better used as a desert tray set and you have no real way of getting that money back. Auction site seller sold product as new and has no obligation to give your money back to you if they sent it to you the way they received it from 10c. Just sayin.
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
  • Options
    What a great thread, thanks.
  • Options
    Spags wrote:

in fairness to the 10c though, they didn't actually press and deliver LB themselves, they got screwed just as bad if not more than we did. Think it's bad getting one badly pressed vinyl late - immagine having it happen to tens of thousands of your customers and then having to deal with it and cop all the blame/abuse that goes with it!

Yeah, I'm just pissed off still as I've not even had the messed up LB vinyl yet...I'm sure they can take a few knocks (they've had plenty of practice)...
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    Because only sevens flippers can smell bullshit?
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Hey wasn't there someone that use to flip posters that was sevens fan or something..
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    deftones wrote:
    Flipping or not flipping people are selling every LP, poster , whatever on Lost Dogs for 2,3,10 times up. 10C does care when flipping comes to ticket prices. I'm angry with people buying things only to flip them the next day but 10C has nothing to do with it. On the other hand i saw a lot of people who were bitching about Sevens, buying 2 copies of it from Amazon...
    Funny how that worked, first it was a cash grab, then after it sold out they were putting as many as they could in they're carts at amazon!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,430
    Mods.. Can we move this post to the fantasy/fiction section of the board?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    deftones wrote:
    true
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    juddboz80 wrote:
    deftones wrote:
    Funny how that worked, first it was a cash grab, then after it sold out they were putting as many as they could in they're carts at amazon!
    Exactly
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    the good part is there are amazing great fans and members that try to help others and always trying to do good at the community..il say more about some fuckin flippers when we are done with the latest holy grail..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote:
    deftones wrote:
    this too