Who the hell sits at a rock concert?
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    This guy sits.

SHOULDERS1-630x355.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Sit down? If people want to treat a (mostly) high energy concert like it's a movie theater, just direct their attention to either one of the huge screens hanging above the stage... There ya go, watch your rock & roll movie.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    I plan to line-up early in the GA line in Portland. Rush in to get the rail, and then sit the whole show. You can see through the rail right??? ;)
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    My daughter was yelled at for standing during Megadeath, so there's just no telling :roll:

I'm not going to tell anyone to stand up, but people who want to stand should be able to. Most people stand at shows - if you choose not, then you have to accept that you may not be able to see.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 399
    2000 Virginia Beach, my GF and I were behind the "luxury" boxes at the amphitheater - you know where there are tables and table service. Show started, we stood up, the people in front of the boxes stood up, the people in the boxes kept sitting, and all hell started to break loose - the people at the tables were yelling at the people in front to sit down, bottles were thrown at those standing, just rough stuff for the first few songs. Eventually, the box people gave up and stood, but that has always stuck out to me.

I don't stand for the entire shows anymore (really, Future Days? Do I need to stand during that?) but I don't begrudge anyone else who wants to. They paid for their seat like I did for mine.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i have only one answer to this

why now u dont standing??
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807

CJTpzbQ.jpg?1
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,453
    I stjll don't understand how people stand still, let alone sit. Its a rock concert. Dance mf'ers.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    jvoorheesjvoorhees Langley, BC Posts: 199
    HELL NO! Its a PJ concert!!! Stand and have fun... I myself sit down every few songs for a song cos Ive got a sh!tty back... but Im right back up after rocking out!!!!

Its nice to sit at a concert once in awhile I agree... was at the Eagles concert a couple months back and it was a sit down concert... Chris Cornell's concert everyone was sitting last month... but PJ... stand up and rock out!!!!!!
    05/11/2000, Vancouver, BC
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    I was at a Nine Inch Nails show in Detroit just over a month ago and my issue wasn't with people telling me to sit, it was with people talking over the music. This group of twats wanted to carry on a conversation so bad that they talked over the band. I couldn't believe it. These people paid upwards of $80 just to sit there and converse. It was distracting as hell and dumb as shit. Who does that?
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 399
    Eddie has something to say about it, of course:

http://youtu.be/fIaQrRM0Uww

Get up! Get up! I can see you! GET UP!!!!
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,314
    Pick your moments though.

At an ACDC concert back in 1991... fans rushed the floor and left a lot of the lower bowl empty.

The section to my right was barren, but there was a 'clump' of Hells Angels. They were all sitting together- some of them looking quite pleased that they could stretch their legs out over top of the seats in front of them.

A few songs later, scanning the crowd, I noticed some guy standing directly in front of the Angels. He had his shirt off- tucked into his jeans- and had his hands held high (clapping and waving). The Angels behind him didn't look too impressed.

Another song or two later I happened to look over and, wouldn't you know it, the Angels were shitcanning this guy who was trying to pull away, but was being held so that numerous shots could be thrown.

Bloodied, the guy managed to wrestle himself away and ran for the floor- running on top of the seats leading to it. As he jumped over the boards to get on the floor, multiple flashlights were running towards him. The flashlights went out for about 30 seconds. Then they came back on. The guy was dragged out- he seemed unconscious.

I think he took a second beating from security who were tired of losing the battle keeping people from storming the floor.

Bottom line: don't go to an ACDC concert.
    Fixed
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    I went to a TOOL show in Boston, Jan 2012. Nosebleed section. Hooker with a Penis opens the show, so I stand up and start rockin out. Until I notice nobody and I mean nobody else was standing, all sitting down. :-?

My entire section and the surrounding sections were all sitting down. During a fucking TOOL show.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great show, but the worst crowd of all time.
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Bant wrote:
    I went to a TOOL show in Boston, Jan 2012. Nosebleed section. Hooker with a Penis opens the show, so I stand up and start rockin out. Until I notice nobody and I mean nobody else was standing, all sitting down. :-?

My entire section and the surrounding sections were all sitting down. During a fucking TOOL show.

What was the Hooker with a Penis doing?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    Bant wrote:

Destroying my face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYVyNuaqGMs/
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

CJTpzbQ.jpg?1

Exactly! Thank you Demetrios!
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Bant wrote:
    pjradio wrote:
    Bant wrote:

Destroying my face.

Must have been easier with you now sitting down.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Must have been easier with you now sitting down.

It was definitely easier to soak it in.

:corn:
  • Options
    sit down! sit down! you're ruining it for everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq3tq6qfmj8

hqdefault.jpg
    "Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." Charles De Mar.
  • Options
    tumblr_l70hggd8QS1qzzos4o1_500.jpg
    "Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn." Charles De Mar.
  • Options
    I had this happen to me at the Tedeschi Trucks show a couple weeks ago. It was a GA event on a beach. Tickets said no chairs, but I guess on the first day of the mini fest people brought them, and they let it happen. So the next day more people brought chairs and set them up early to claim a spot. We got there about an hour before they hit the stage. There was a semi elderly couple sitting a little back from the rail, and the woman was the real problem. We grabbed a spot a little behind the rail, and she yells at me "are you going to stand there all night?" So, I just move to my left a little, and she gives me a snarly thank you. After that, she ends up moving her chair closer. Then about 25 minutes into the show, she yells at a couple on the rail who is standing there obstructing her view because she is sitting down. She goes and gets security to complain. Security comes and talks to the couple for awhile, and then eventually moves them into the VIP area. There were a few people cheering when they walked in there too that saw the whole thing go down, myself included.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I do get that there are times during a show where sitting would alright, campfire mode, but come on!
    Sitting is always alright if that's what you want to do... asking other people to sit is where the problem comes in. If you want to sit at a rock concert, you've got to expect that you might not be able to see anything other than the asses of the people in front of you. (but yeah, campfire mode is the perfect time to rest your back and your feet)
    Yeah! I have a jacked up hip, so I sit through most shows.. But I STILLL rock out in my seat.. I just can't stand for three hours in so tiny a space.. But seriously?!?!? Just cause I can't doesn't mean I'm going to tell, ask, or demand someone sit down.. Dude.. It's a concert!!!! That's how it goes!! You rock out with your cock out.. For me, that's mostly from a seated spot.. But had I not been crushed by a horse 17 years ago.. I'd be the notch being told to sit down!!!! I hate when people get like that.. Someone tells me to sit, I tell them, stand.. It's a concert! We're here to rock out.. Not veg out!
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    If asked, try this technique....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184#t=13

BUT, not if you're going to get your ass kicked.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    This happens at a lot of shows that I can not get GA for.

My answer :nono:

I've offered to switch seat with people behind me so they can sit...but then the obstacle are the people in front of me standing. If you want to sit at a concert, stick to Tony Bennet.
  • Options
    If you want to sit at a concert, stick to Tony Bennet.
    :lol:
    you know what - if I was at one of his shows i don't think i'd sit down even there!
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 816
    JV130312 wrote:
    People wanting to sit also paid good money to watch the concert.

I love your fast forwarded Bu$hleaguer montage, but if you sit, be prepared to see backs of heads.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    toridaniothtoridanioth West Seattle Posts: 130
    I get just as self righteous when I see people sitting.
    unless you are preg, gimp, or passed out. get your ass off that seat and give energy back to the band!
    and put your phone away- in fact kill your phone.
    Lolla Alpine Valley 8/29/92 ,Key Arena 11/5/00 , Key Arena 11/6/00, NOLAJazzfest 5/1/10, Wrigley 7/19(20)/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 11/24/13, Bridge School 2014, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16, Seattle 2018 both nights!
    EV Long Beach 7/6/11 , LA Wiltern (miracled in) 7/8/11
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 816
    I get just as self righteous when I see people sitting.
    unless you are preg, gimp, or passed out. get your ass off that seat and give energy back to the band!
    and put your phone away- in fact kill your phone.

I agree about the phones! ANNOYING!!! Who cares if you have video? Live for the moment!
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!