Oklahoma City.

2»

Comments

• dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    DewieCox wrote:
    Wow, some people go to pathetic lengths to defend PJ. Of there are people pissed about EV's comments he only has himself to blame. And people misunderstanding his sense of humor? Really? It's not like Eddie Vedder is known for being some hilarious front man, like Grohl or Homme. Doesn't seem like he was trying to be funny at all.

actually, i think Vedder is pretty damn funny.
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Is there a link or video of what EV said? I must have missed his comments/joke. Going to the OKC show traveling from Kansas City. Don't really care about what he said but I am curious. Gonna be a great show!
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    dr122931 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    Wow, some people go to pathetic lengths to defend PJ. Of there are people pissed about EV's comments he only has himself to blame. And people misunderstanding his sense of humor? Really? It's not like Eddie Vedder is known for being some hilarious front man, like Grohl or Homme. Doesn't seem like he was trying to be funny at all.

actually, i think Vedder is pretty damn funny.

I'm not saying he's not funny at times, but it's pretty much the opposite of the way he's perceived.
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    who gives a shit. the NBA blows anyway.
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Thunder UpThunder Up Denver, CO Posts: 6
    Umm....Ed should be mad at Oklahoma City. There should be a rivalry. I'm sure Baltimore hated Indy when the Colts moved to Indy in the middle of the night. All good rivalry fun.

Oh and OKC, you won. Act like it.
    Love Pearl Jam, love the Thunder. I will rock out to both. If I can forgive KD for going to Texas, I can forgive Ed for talking trash about my city. It just sports trash talk and it's all good.

Can't wait for Seattle to get a team - I am going there when they play the Thunder with a sign that says "Bet you go to you games now!"
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,490
    edited November 2013
    It was a joke. On a serious note OK has been through a lot lately and I hope people don't take their life so seriously that the OP's "theory" is even remotely possible. 20K people are gonna be that serious about that? Haha.

Plus Ed really wasn't a Sonics fan per se. And For the record Jeff has stated his supports the thunder. But whether thunder fans want to admit it the team was stolen away from Seattle. Not by OKC but by a sneaky owner. It was done swiftly and unfairly to Seattle fans. So they have a right to be bitter. There were many many Sonic fans and if this Thunder team was still in Seattle the arena would be just as full.

Look at Miami Heat attendance history pre-post Lebron and even Wade.
    Post edited by Daron Oshay on
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 407
    Is this really a topic on this thread?

I'm flying in from NYC so fuck the sonics and the thunder....Sup?
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
    PJ5a1 wrote:
    Is this really a topic on this thread?

I'm flying in from NYC so fuck the sonics and the thunder....Sup?

Haha
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    JB128716 wrote:
    I'd bet 40% of the crowd isn't even from OKC.
    Lots of people from Texas are going to OKC and lots of people are flying in from all over for a weekend double header.

There's nothing to see here folks.

Coming in from Ohio in the morning !!!
  • bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    Why would Vedder not be pissed? Clay Bennett ripped a team that was beloved in Seattle for 41 years, and his friend David Stern was just as guilty. The Zombie Sonics will go to shit and eventually end up moving once the players Seattle drafted are gone. I have nothing against OKC as a town, I lived in Edmond, OK from 2002-05, some of the nicest people I have met are from there. OKC has never experienced losing, with the exception of their inaugural season, when the team still had that new car smell. So when Durant and Westbrook are gone that will be it. No free agents will come there. I just hope OKC doesn't win a title with Seattle's players. If for some reason 10-20 years down the road, and the team hasn't moved, and they win something, that will be fine by me, because they would have won with their players, not with Seattle's.
    Thank you Eddie for speaking your mind. Here is to the NBA coming back to Seattle soon.
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    Why would Vedder not be pissed? Clay Bennett ripped a team that was beloved in Seattle for 41 years, and his friend David Stern was just as guilty. The Zombie Sonics will go to shit and eventually end up moving once the players Seattle drafted are gone. I have nothing against OKC as a town, I lived in Edmond, OK from 2002-05, some of the nicest people I have met are from there. OKC has never experienced losing, with the exception of their inaugural season, when the team still had that new car smell. So when Durant and Westbrook are gone that will be it. No free agents will come there. I just hope OKC doesn't win a title with Seattle's players. If for some reason 10-20 years down the road, and the team hasn't moved, and they win something, that will be fine by me, because they would have won with their players, not with Seattle's.
    Thank you Eddie for speaking your mind. Here is to the NBA coming back to Seattle soon.

B/c he's not from Seattle?

Russell Westbrook never played a game in Seattle, and Durant only played one year so he's really cemented his superstardom in OkC.

If OkC can get Durant or Westbrook to sign long term deal, why would it be impossible for them to do it again in the future. Is Seattle that much more of a draw for superstars?
  • Obviously not pissed enough to bypass the Thunder's home arena for Denver, KC or other Texas cities. Maybe only pissed enough to rant about it. Or is it the profit margin of playing OKC over these other cities. They are business men, just like Clay Bennett.
  • anotherpowneranotherpowner Colorado Posts: 33
    I sure hope no body boos tomorow night! We're all there for the same reason! Lets just show PJ we can enjoy an awesome show and sing as loud as the South American shows!! Anybody??
    Nov 2012 ED solo Tulsa, OK
    July 2013 WRIGLEY First PJ Show! 
    Nov 2013 OKC
    Oct 2014 ACL (weekend One)
    Oct 2014 Tulsa, OK
    The Ride Festival Telluride July 2016

• bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    DewieCox wrote:
    bosshogg18 wrote:

Russell Westbrook never played a game in Seattle, and Durant only played one year so he's really cemented his superstardom in OkC.

Vedder makes his home in West Seattle. Russell Westbrook never played a game in Seattle, but was drafted by Seattle. If former mayor Greg Nichols hadn't sold out the city we would have had the Sonics for at least two more years...he would have kept his job and we may possibly still have the Sonics...therefore Westbrook would have played in Seattle.
    I am not mad at the people of OKC just the politicians, Bennett, Stern, and Schultz. Good for you for getting a team, but just hurts it was the Sonics. We are in the same boat as you were in years past, unfortunately we don't have Stern/Silver on our side like Bennett did, in fact they sabotaged the deal with the Kings.

If OkC can get Durant or Westbrook to sign long term deal, why would it be impossible for them to do it again in the future. Is Seattle that much more of a draw for superstars?
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    bosshogg18 wrote:

Vedder makes his home in West Seattle. Russell Westbrook never played a game in Seattle, but was drafted by Seattle. If former mayor Greg Nichols hadn't sold out the city we would have had the Sonics for at least two more years...he would have kept his job and we may possibly still have the Sonics...therefore Westbrook would have played in Seattle.
    I am not mad at the people of OKC just the politicians, Bennett, Stern, and Schultz. Good for you for getting a team, but just hurts it was the Sonics. We are in the same boat as you were in years past, unfortunately we don't have Stern/Silver on our side like Bennett did, in fact they sabotaged the deal with the Kings.

Not from OkC, but used to be all about the Payton/Kemp years in Seattle. I'm sure it blows to lose a team, bit I can't really fault the any of the players or fans from the city that got the team.
  • Umm..these guys are grown-ass men, and they obviously have bigger issues to discuss ( i.e. The first half of LB). Albeit, I am driving from Wichita, KS and don't really understand the NBA. I am just pumped to see the show! I am a bit bumbed they sound checked Crown of Thorns in Dallas. OKC!
  • I have an extra friend coming and it looks like I need 1 GA (preferred) or 1 reserved. I plan to be downtown to pick up my 10c tix @ 2-3, then returning later in the evening.

Have ca$h or can trade 1 wheelchair accessible tic in sec 118 or 119.
    Nacogdoches `93 Dallas`98 BSB `01 OKC `03 Houston `03 Vic `07 OKC `13 Tulsa `14  EV Tulsa 1 `12
    So the sticker in Sonics colors? Is this gonna cause a riot by Thunder fans. Or are you people "OK" with this?
  • Umm..these guys are grown-ass men, and they obviously have bigger issues to discuss ( i.e. The first half of LB). Albeit, I am driving from Wichita, KS and don't really understand the NBA. I am just pumped to see the show! I am a bit bumbed they sound checked Crown of Thorns in Dallas. OKC!

Oh, they did more than just sound check that one in Dallas. Haha. It was amazing to finally hear it live.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,139
    klusterfuk wrote:
    who gives a shit. the NBA blows anyway.

+1

Oklahoma City has a basketball team?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Can someone give me the cliff notes on this?

Seattle had a basketball team and OKC bought it from them? Now Seattle has no team and OKC has one? Is this about right?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435