the best f-up

2»

Comments

• driowadriowa Wisconsin Posts: 115
    State College is so great!
  • narnianarnia Posts: 635
    narnia wrote:
    This was a technical f-up but pretty funny. I was listening to a concert on XM a few weeks ago (don't recall which one) where they were doing Crazy Mary. Before the song Ed says something about how it's a song about a crazy woman, and as he starts to sing there's really loud feedback. He stops singing and says that's the first time he called her crazy and he's totally freaked out and doesn't want to go on singing the song. After some back-and-forth he says Stone, who is very brave, has convinced him to go on, and the finish the song without any further disturbance from Mary.

Philly 2005 - this was great, for sure

Thanks! OMG it's even funnier when you see it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOPUBTVUOXQ
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • evacuation dc 08
    :D
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    I cannot find a video, but one of my favorites is Last Kiss from Las Vegas in 2003.

Go to PearlJamLive.com click on 2003, Go to the June 6 show, track 20.

Listen, you won't be disappointed, if you like fuck ups that is!
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • I've always liked this one, even though it's a newer one. Guess when you were there and heard it happen it really sticks as an awesome funny f up. Not my video, but Elderly Woman from ACL 2009.

http://youtu.be/6tWJImXLRmY
  • mr.macmr.mac Posts: 162
    narnia wrote:
    narnia wrote:
    This was a technical f-up but pretty funny. I was listening to a concert on XM a few weeks ago (don't recall which one) where they were doing Crazy Mary. Before the song Ed says something about how it's a song about a crazy woman, and as he starts to sing there's really loud feedback. He stops singing and says that's the first time he called her crazy and he's totally freaked out and doesn't want to go on singing the song. After some back-and-forth he says Stone, who is very brave, has convinced him to go on, and the finish the song without any further disturbance from Mary.

Philly 2005 - this was great, for sure

Thanks! OMG it's even funnier when you see it:

This is hilarious! Eddie looks seriously spooked. Thanks for sharing.
  • Was listening to Detroit '00 the other day...Ed fucks up NAIS pretty badly...After, says "It was me, the biggest fuck up of the whole tour, that was me"....Wasn't that bad, but it was a fuck up.

Also, GR '06. Epic show. Small town opening the show; Stone fucks up a little, Ed fucks up a little, they stare at each other. The CROWD totally carries the song, and they carry on, strong version the rest of the way. Crowd saved 'em.
    Then in Detroit, couple days later...Ed fucks up something; after the song talks about the GR version of Elderly and how a newspaper review blamed him for forgetting the words, when it was actually Stone's fault..But how this fuck up was all his...lol

Without a doubt, this is true: The band is so much tighter in the last five years then they were from '00 to '06. '06 was pretty good for the most part, '00 and '03 had tons of flubs. And the difference really was that back then a flub would take the whole band out of it for a minute. Now it seems like they just keep moving, no time for acknowledgment. They are really at a peak right now.

cheers
  • rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159
    Funny - I read this thread earlier this week, and then was listening to PJ radio - They were playing the Seattle 11/5/00 show. I could not find any video - but God's Dice gets pretty beat up lyrically, funny stuff.

The Crazy Mary from Philly '05 is still one of my favorites from a technical glitch side.
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Lightning Bolt vinyl

:lol::lol::lol:

I have always loved the messed up of Off He Goes at the George Show.
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • mr.macmr.mac Posts: 162
    The thing I enjoy most about the flubs is that they happen, and no one cares. The fans enjoy it, the band has a laugh, and the show goes on. I'm so glad that PJ is not a cookie cutter, play the same songs each night kind of band.
  • narnianarnia Posts: 635
    OMG it's even funnier when you see it:

This is hilarious! Eddie looks seriously spooked. Thanks for sharing.[/quote]

Did you see him crossing himself? :lol::lol::lol:
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • I haven't heard all of these, but the Alive '00 and Satan's Bed '03 are certainly classics I always like listening to.

I've always especially enjoyed how so many times during the '03 tour Eddie would mess up the first verse to DTE - I'm thinking Toronto and East Troy. He always passes it off like nothing happened - mumble some incoherent lyrics, add in a line about fucking it up, then back to the rest of the song.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    There's one with soon forget I think when the crowd fucks him up with clapping and he stops the song. 2000 Europe tour maybe?
  • I've always especially enjoyed how so many times during the '03 tour Eddie would mess up the first verse to DTE - I'm thinking Toronto and East Troy. He always passes it off like nothing happened - mumble some incoherent lyrics, add in a line about fucking it up, then back to the rest of the song.

West Palm '03 was similar. Granted he messed up lyrics on a slew of songs before they got to DTE, but by the time they got there (end of the first encore) he just embraced it and changed a line to something like "If I keep fucking up songs I'll soon be fired." I'm a little biased since it was my first show, but the whole thing was still amazing and all the little screw-ups added to it's charm.
  • http://pearljam.com/music/lyrics/all/al ... _saskatoon

Running Back to Saskatoon in 2011. Eddie started... Fucked up went into Why go and the fixer... then brought a dude up from the audience and ran it again!

cover... but none the less neat to see a cover played 3 times in two shows!
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • mylomylo Posts: 35
    Not a major screw up but when I saw them in Buffalo in 2010 they started playing fatal, Ed messes up the lyrics and says "Aw shit I fucked it up", hte band stops. Then after a pause says "Can I get another bottle of wine it might help my concentration". Pretty funny he's relying on wine to help his memory. they proceed to kill the song.
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    There's one with soon forget I think when the crowd fucks him up with clapping and he stops the song. 2000 Europe tour maybe?
    One of the early 2003 Australia shows. I think it was Brisbane but I forgot which night.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river