ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
edited November 2013 in The Porch
I'm just sayin...
Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ahr MannAhr Mann Posts: 141
    Why? Does owning it make you feel special/superior to other people? Genuinely curious as to your motivation for starting this thread.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    you feel better?
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,143
    Things wouldn't be very limited quantity collectors items if everyone had them. We've been lucky before and unlucky other times. Demand is a good thing. Just sayin'.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I didn't buy the 45s, no. I already have 2 LPs. Why would I want the 45s?
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    :corn:
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote:
    EXACTLY...
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    I will have the sevens box set and that makes me a bigger and better PJ fan than you. it will totally make up for my lack of posts on this board, my tiny collection of guitar picks and my not having gone to 100 shows to bring a sign to the show with me saying its my 100th show.
  • Options
    juddboz80 wrote:
    EXACTLY...

OK, so you started the thread to get a little attention. That clarifies things.

Man this forum has gotten weird lately...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I started it just to be put in my place by you.
    You're obviously WAY smarter and WAY cooler than I am.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    I'd like to stop seeing petitions. But hey, that's me.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Yeah how about a petition to stop petitions!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    Yeah how about a petition to stop petitions!

now that, I would gladly sign. :lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

I'm neither smart nor cool. If I was, why would I be responding to this thread, right?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    mfc2006 wrote:

+1000

me, me, me. everyone here thinks they are entitled to what they want when they want it. missed out the first time around? i'll start a petition demanding 10C restocks these!

people missed out. sorry they did. you win some and you lose some.

carry on.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    mfc2006 wrote:
    +1
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Rod Stewart - Some Guys Have All The Luck

http://youtu.be/xK8beW6dGVM
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    There needs to be a rarity/collectibility factor IMO for collecting to be worth it and fun IMO. Some things are common, some are scarce.

I just recently obtained the Yield Firehouse Promo poster and was thrilled to get it after a 7 year chase. It was all a great ride.

I still desire a great deal of the catalog in vinyl. I would not want 10c to just re-release them all. I enjoy the search/chase/enjoyment of finally obtaining a rare item.

Look at Avocado Vinyl vs Regular Backspacer Vinyl
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    How the fuck can you restock a pre-order anyway?
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

+1000

me, me, me. everyone here thinks they are entitled to what they want when they want it. missed out the first time around? i'll start a petition demanding 10C restocks these!

carry on.

Wouldn't quite say that people "missed out." I think people are upset they weren't really given an honest chance. It's like tickets. Why should anyone from 10C be shut out of something?
  • Options
    signed
  • Options
    Ahr Mann wrote:

I'm neither smart nor cool. If I was, why would I be responding to this thread, right?

Touche, my friend...touche.
  • Options
    Wouldn't quite say that people "missed out." I think people are upset they weren't really given an honest chance. It's like tickets. Why should anyone from 10C be shut out of something?
    that's the thing. a little heads-up on the sale would have been nice. the newsletter came in at a time when I didn't have the ability to check my email.

But whatever. I've been fortunate to get other limited things when they went up here so I'm not going to lose any sleep over this one.

Easy come and easy go. You know the rest.
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    rival. wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

+1000

carry on.

Actually, our entire society is like this, about damn near everything! We here in the 10C are just a microcosm of the world we live in today!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I dont think I would rather it be F5'd or lotteried

both would be a disaster and much more condusive for people intending to flip them.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    There needs to be a rarity/collectibility factor IMO for collecting to be worth it and fun IMO. Some things are common, some are scarce.

I just recently obtained the Yield Firehouse Promo poster and was thrilled to get it after a 7 year chase. It was all a great ride.

I still desire a great deal of the catalog in vinyl. I would not want 10c to just re-release them all. I enjoy the search/chase/enjoyment of finally obtaining a rare item.

Look at Avocado Vinyl vs Regular Backspacer Vinyl

I've never understood the point of things being limited, but that being said, not everyone collects things for the "chase". They collect things, like vinyl, because they genuinely prefer the sound and experience of vinyl (myself not included-unless you can listen to vinyl in your car, which I haven't yet figured out how to do :lol: ).

This particular item, however, seems like nothing more than a collector's item, since all those tracks are available on vinyl already.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    Ahr Mann wrote:
    Why? Does owning it make you feel special/superior to other people? Genuinely curious as to your motivation for starting this thread.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s me thinks :?:
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,024
    JTH wrote:
    that's the thing. a little heads-up on the sale would have been nice. the newsletter came in at a time when I didn't have the ability to check my email.

The newsletter came in just after 10am PST on the 10th day of the month, like it always comes. That's more than enough heads-up. Next month be prepared.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mrk2 wrote:
    The newsletter came in just after 10am PST on the 10th day of the month, like it always comes. That's more than enough heads-up. Next month be prepared.
    Uh. OK. thanks for the advice. I'll make sure I have absolutely no other conflicts at 10 am Pacific Time every single month in perpetuity.

But hey, guess what. my newsletter NEVER comes at exactly that time. It's always late.
  • Options
    "the things you own end up owning you."
    -tyler durden
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    What ya need is what they selling
    Make you think that buying is rebelling