Issue of Pearl Jam To Play Indonesia & other Asian countries

farryfarry Jakarta, Indonesia Posts: 31
edited December 2013 in The Porch
Dear all,

The Indonesian Pearl Jam fans club (https://www.facebook.com/groups/pearljamindonesia/) has deployed a campaign to bring Pearl Jam to play show in Indonesia. We are in close co-operation with local concert promoter to make it happen.

https://www.facebook.com/PearlJamJKT14

Currently it is under talks between local concert promoter & booking agent/Pearl Jam management and we are still waiting for another country's decision for a "Pearl Jam Asian Tour." If that country is a go then "Pearl Jam Asian Tour" is on. It is so that they can cover some countries in Asia in one tour.

The plan is to continue "Pearl Jam Asian Tour" from Big Day Out in Australia to do 'stand-alone' shows in Indonesia and some countries in Asian region.

Should that happen, will you guys be coming to Indonesia (and other Asian countries) to attend the shows? Currently we are aiming for Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. If there's (also) a show in Bali, would you guys come? I believe you guys know Bali more, right?

This is just a test case of whether international fans of Pearl Jam will come to a tropical country which haven't seen Pearl Jam live for 23 years now (24 years in 2014.) It would be awesome for us all to dance to "Lightning Bolt" live under the tropical sun (or moon.) :D

PJJKT14-S_zpsfa28b88f.jpg
Farry Aprianto
Jakarta, Indonesia
BDO 2014 Melbourne + Sydney

#BringPearlJamToIndonesia
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I'm in! surfs up!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    My wife has family in The Philippines so maybe I would try to see a show there if it happened :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    Good luck with that one..
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    I would never be able to afford this but if I could I would defiantly go, I have a feeling that the shows/setlists would be some of the best in PJ history. Good luck to you guys, hope you get some shows!
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I would make every effort to go, especially if they hit Japan!!!
  • PU38569PU38569 Posts: 260
    If they play Thailand I will order Massaman, I mean Mamasan curry, and read the setlist relay thread with extra fervor
    This is a birthday pony
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    This is awesome. I was cheering in my head while reading it. I think Indonesia is absolutely beautiful. I wrote a university research project on Jakarta and was blown away by what I learned of the people, the food, the geography and everything that encompasses the culture. An Asian tour would be epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • CocoyrCocoyr Manila, Philippines Posts: 114
    I support this. I am not sure if I can afford travelling to Indonesia but if they come back in Manila, I'll make sure to see them again. I hope your negotiations will push thru. Good Luck!
  • stratmadstratmad Posts: 208
    Bump and big thumbs up. This has been on my mind for the past few weeks.

Last time they toured Asia it was 2005. The band doesn't owe us anything of course but for the fans, that's seriously way too long between drinks. I am sure there are plenty of fans not only in Indonesia, but other nearby places what would love to see them head out here to play.

Being based in Asia nowadays my only realistic hope of seeing them is to when I travel back home to Australia but for myself there's always too many moving parts and alignment of the stars to make it happen. For the past 10 years I haven't been able to swing it so an Asian tour would be just fantastic.
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    I support this. I hope it happens for you. And if there will be something in February, I can even consider coming. I'll be on that side of the world at that time.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Good luck. That would be cool but no chance I could make it. I'll buy the boot though
  • Last time they played Japan was 2003 WE ARE READY and WAITING for another Asian TOUR !!!!!
    PLEASE ,PLEASE ,PLEASE Tour ASIA especially JAPAN again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SOOOOOOOON!!!!! :D
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Singapore too!
  • I am excited by this prospect. I dont wanna be negative but am not that confident it will happen, hopefully im wrong.
    If it happens I may have to cancel some of my bdo plans to make way for the tour of Asia. Hmmm decisions
    Singapore too!

And Hong Kong
  • Singapore too!

Conveniently, Big Night Out 2014 is taking place at Fort Canning Park in Singapore on 11th January - the weekend before Big Day Out starts in Auckland.

Having moved to Singapore earlier this year I'd be delighted if they headlined this.
  • Bump
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    lina319 wrote:
    Good luck with that one..

Hahahaha, I know right? I was hoping they'd play at my house, I guess I'll just get in contact with the band's managers. Kelly, let's do this!

:shock:
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • farry wrote:
    Dear all,

The Indonesian Pearl Jam fans club (https://www.facebook.com/groups/pearljamindonesia/) has deployed a campaign to bring Pearl Jam to play show in Indonesia. We are in close co-operation with local concert promoter to make it happen.

https://www.facebook.com/PearlJamJKT14

Currently it is under talks between local concert promoter & booking agent/Pearl Jam management and we are still waiting for another country's decision for a "Pearl Jam Asian Tour." If that country is a go then "Pearl Jam Asian Tour" is on. It is so that they can cover some countries in Asia in one tour.

The plan is to continue "Pearl Jam Asian Tour" from Big Day Out in Australia to do 'stand-alone' shows in Indonesia and some countries in Asian region.

Should that happen, will you guys be coming to Indonesia (and other Asian countries) to attend the shows? Currently we are aiming for Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. If there's (also) a show in Bali, would you guys come? I believe you guys know Bali more, right?

This is just a test case of whether international fans of Pearl Jam will come to a tropical country which haven't seen Pearl Jam live for 23 years now (24 years in 2014.) It would be awesome for us all to dance to "Lightning Bolt" live under the tropical sun (or moon.) :D

PJJKT14-S_zpsfa28b88f.jpg
    i dont go to countries where they kill you for smoking a joint, indonesia has backwards laws
  • pj played indonesia long time ago anyway. if they want to hit a new market in asia, they should play new delhi or mumbai that would be sick, they have to get the venue right though metallica tried mumbai and i think the show resulted in a riot
  • stratmad wrote:
    Singapore too!

And Hong Kong
    hong kong is more realistic because they get some heavy usa bands go there sometimes. even manila philippines i could see, but not indonesia. they played jakarta in 95?
  • Lets keep this up on the front page!!!
    PLEASE Come to Asia!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOON!!!!!!!
    Bump
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Singapore too!

Conveniently, Big Night Out 2014 is taking place at Fort Canning Park in Singapore on 11th January - the weekend before Big Day Out starts in Auckland.

Having moved to Singapore earlier this year I'd be delighted if they headlined this.

Surprised they haven't announced the line-up yet. If it's Fort Canning, I'm not sure if Pearl Jam will be one of the bands. They are too big to play there. Arcade Fire perhaps? I hope PJ plays the Indoor Stadium.

P.S. Good to know there's another 10 clubber residing in sunny Singapore!
  • pijepije Posts: 74
    pj played indonesia long time ago anyway. if they want to hit a new market in asia, they should play new delhi or mumbai that would be sick, they have to get the venue right though metallica tried mumbai and i think the show resulted in a riot

Pearl Jam has never been played in Indonesia yet, they even skip Indoensia in 95 dont know why but back then PJ was huge in Indonesia. Today, Indonesia may not be the biggest market for PJ, but nonetheless still far bigger than Singapore or Malaysia. A show in Jakarta and/or Bali will attract other fans from Singapore, Malaysia and even Australia. I will surely try to catch them as well if the play in Singapore or Malaysia though.
    I agree with you that India is another big market that PJ need to try, they also have a loyal PJ fanbase there. And for the record, last August the same promoter that has been in contact with us Indonesian PJ fans do happen very successful on bringing Metallica to Jakarta, the show was peaceful and epic, i was there along with another 70,000 metheads :)
    it makes more sense...
    to live in a present tense...
  • Bump
  • Sure I hope this one big wish will come true in the end :)

If Pearl Jam is deciding to do Asian Tour in Singapore, Manila, and Jakarta (or Bali), then I'm in! Right now I'm already saving a significant amount of my monthly salary as a preparation for this upcoming God-only-knows event (a positive mindset won't hurt, right?)
    Dear Pearl Jam, please come & play Jakarta, Indonesia
  • Sure I hope this one big wish will come true in the end :)

If Pearl Jam is deciding to do Asian Tour in Singapore, Manila, and Jakarta (or Bali), then I'm in! Right now I'm already saving a significant amount of my monthly salary as a preparation for this upcoming God-only-knows event (a positive mindset won't hurt, right?)
    RIGHT!!!!!!
  • pijepije Posts: 74
    Off I Go. wrote:
    Sure I hope this one big wish will come true in the end :)

RIGHT!!!!!!

I third that RIGHT!....
    it makes more sense...
    to live in a present tense...
  • Bump