SchmaktSchmakt Charlotte Posts: 207
    Finally got mine yesterday in NC

Pre-ordered from 10C but later during the pre-sale

No postcard
    stickers, download card, jacket, sleeve, and booklet all look great
    vinyl looks fine...
    - one minor pop in My Father's Son
    - Lighting Bolt gets stuck on repeat near the end of the song
    - I feel like there were some minor pops on Side B, but I had lost interest in listening to side B anyway b/c it bored me, so whatever

I'm probably fine with this... hopefully with a little more thorough cleaning I can get Lightning Bolt to work

Most annoying thing about this is that I held off listening to the album at all b/c I wanted to hear it on vinyl first.
    Weak.

But only 8 more days til the show, so I'm going to concentrate on that instead and give the mp3's a listen.
    2003-04-15: Raleigh, NC
    2003-04-16: Charlotte, NC
    2004-10-06: Asheville, NC
    2006-05-30: Washington, DC
    2006-08-29: Arnhem, The Netherlands
    2006-12-02: Honolulu, Hawaii
    2012-06-26: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    2012-09-22: Atlanta, GA
    2013-10-30: Charlotte, NC
    2014-01-19: Gold Coast, Australia
    2014-06-28: Stockholm, Sweden
    2014-06-29: Oslo, Norway
    2016-04-18: Hampton, VA
    2016-04-20: Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21: Columbia, SC
    2018-07-01: Prague, Czech Republic
    2018-07-03: Krakow, Poland
    2018-09-04: Boston, MA
    2020-07-15: Budapest, Hungary
    2020-07-17: Zurich, Switzerland
    2023-09-19: Austin, TX
  • Options
    RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 295
    rival. wrote:
    PH20 wrote:
    RansomPTD wrote:
    Got mine today in Rock Island, IL.

Place purchased...Ten Club

Jacket/sleeve condition...Perfect

Vinyl condition (play grade preferrably)...Good. Some pops in MYM and Swallowed Hole but not bad. Enjoyed the album very much. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. That doesn't mean I won't pick up another one somewhere.

Question: Is it normal that the vinyl looks like it is wobbling while playing/spinning?

Thanks and good luck to everyone else with the vinyl.

This is not a knock on RansomPTD, but....

This post frustrates me...that someone can receive an LP in "good" condition with pops, ticks and warped, and think they are lucky.

That simply shouldn't be the case.

this.

i expect pops, ticks, crack and warped vinyl from purchases i pulled from the $.99 used bin at my local record shop. not from a brand new, sealed vinyl that is touching my needle for the first time.

Let me clarify by the term "lucky". I meant that it sounded better than most of the vinyl ten club members have received. Make no mistake that I am happy about the popping and warped vinyl I received. I just felt that the vinyl I did get was not as bad as some others.
  • Options
    RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 295
    rival. wrote:
    PH20 wrote:
    RansomPTD wrote:
    Got mine today in Rock Island, IL.

Place purchased...Ten Club

Jacket/sleeve condition...Perfect

Vinyl condition (play grade preferrably)...Good. Some pops in MYM and Swallowed Hole but not bad. Enjoyed the album very much. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. That doesn't mean I won't pick up another one somewhere.

Question: Is it normal that the vinyl looks like it is wobbling while playing/spinning?

Thanks and good luck to everyone else with the vinyl.

This is not a knock on RansomPTD, but....

This post frustrates me...that someone can receive an LP in "good" condition with pops, ticks and warped, and think they are lucky.

That simply shouldn't be the case.

this.

i expect pops, ticks, crack and warped vinyl from purchases i pulled from the $.99 used bin at my local record shop. not from a brand new, sealed vinyl that is touching my needle for the first time.

Let me clarify by the term "lucky". I meant that it sounded better than most of the vinyl ten club members have received. Make no mistake that I am happy about the popping and warped vinyl I received. I just felt that the vinyl I did get was not as bad as some others.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Got mine in Buffalo/Niagara Falls area today

Packaging/Jacket were fine. A couple minor flaws in the cover, but nothing I would probably notice otherwise...

Vinyl itself was a little dirty. Was able to wipe it down for the most part (carefully with a very soft cloth).

There was, however in 2 spots, there were some sort of specks of glue or something attached to the Vinyl. I carefully removed them, but I cant imagine that will sound smooth at those points... :(

Will update on 1st listen after work
  • Options
    I don't post anything at the forum, but I'm a litle worried about vinyl condition if it arrives here at my door in Brazil, I've Pre ordered the ten club vinyl (two copies, one for me and one for a friend, who even had pre-paid me for his copy, I'm making no profit with this copy he will get, I pre ordered them in the first day they were available for pre order). If a got a crappy copy of the vinyl (like you guys in the USA say you're getting) I'll probably have to give the money back to my friend and be with 2 crappy copies of the vinyl...
    Torn edges of the cover are common when vynils are not send in big boxes wrapped in bubble plastic, so that is (unwanted) but expected with the "poor guys" brazilian mail, who is unable to translate "fragile" to portuguese, even sounding almost the same thing (in portuguese it should read "Frágil"), And, they might throw it against a wall just for fun if they do understand what "fragile" means. No complaints will be accepted at the post ofice, closed or opened package.
    10c already screwed me up with the constitution hall vault Vinyl, it took a life to arrive and now I know why, 10c simply skip to put the house number on the adress, and thanks to living on a very small town, the guys at the post office remembered frequent delivers of "strange square boxes or envelopes" to my adress and they did find me with their crystal ball.
    10c mistake on the adress is unacceptable, because they already sent me lots of stuff with the correct adress and it hasn't ever changed.
    11/4/2011 São Paulo - Brazil (amazing, best friends together on it)
    3/31/2113 Lollapalooza Festival - São Paulo - Brazil - (Did it in the midle of the crowd with a broken and immobilized arm due to a motorcicle accident)
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Schmakt wrote:
    Finally got mine yesterday in NC

Pre-ordered from 10C but later during the pre-sale

No postcard
    stickers, download card, jacket, sleeve, and booklet all look great
    vinyl looks fine...
    - one minor pop in My Father's Son
    - Lighting Bolt gets stuck on repeat near the end of the song
    - I feel like there were some minor pops on Side B, but I had lost interest in listening to side B anyway b/c it bored me, so whatever

I'm probably fine with this... hopefully with a little more thorough cleaning I can get Lightning Bolt to work

Most annoying thing about this is that I held off listening to the album at all b/c I wanted to hear it on vinyl first.
    Weak.

But only 8 more days til the show, so I'm going to concentrate on that instead and give the mp3's a listen.

I think the mp3's sound a lot better. I couldn't even hear / make out some of the guitar parts on the record that are very clear on the mp3s/cd. I only listened to side A and the quality was so bad I put on another record.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
    evenflow wrote:
    Record - Seems to be in good condition and plays through just fine, but it appears someone spilt red paint or something all over it and covered the whole thing. This is on both sides. I don't know what to think about that. :lol:

LightningBoltRed.jpg

Sweet score man! :)
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Has anyone who has e-mailed 10C gotten a response yet? I just e-mailed them this morning.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    demetrios wrote:
    evenflow wrote:
    Record - Seems to be in good condition and plays through just fine, but it appears someone spilt red paint or something all over it and covered the whole thing. This is on both sides. I don't know what to think about that. :lol:

LightningBoltRed.jpg

Where did the red vinyl come from??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Finally got mine today. Chillicothe Ohio

Ordered from 10c

Packaging is great no dents, rips or anything.

A lot of pops on side A. Couple of songs sounds like the vinyl wants to slow down. The vinyl it self was filthy gave it a good cleaning before I spun it. Edges are smooth but the over all sound is not that good.

I've got records from Feedbands that are far superior to this. Heck I got records that are over 40 years old that sound better than this.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Oh side B has a few pops at the start then sounds okay after that.

No postcards but more stickers just what a 6 year old wants. Black vinyl as well no big deal about that.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Better Dan wrote:
    Has anyone who has e-mailed 10C gotten a response yet? I just e-mailed them this morning.

nothing other than an automated e-mail saying that i will get a reply in the order in which my e-mail was received.

great out of office message. should have said, "we are out touring with the band, we will deal with your shitty vinyls between the first and second legs of this tour."
  • Options
    evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    evenflow wrote:

LightningBoltRed.jpg

Just a regular pre-order from 10club. I guess they're randomly sending some out.

First time I've ever "won" something, and it feels pretty good.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,827
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    evenflow wrote:

LightningBoltRed.jpg

Dude received it from the 10club store. Few others over @ the Lost Dog's forum also received a copy, from the 10club store.
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    mt tracking finally is working with USPS.. its in Springfield MA as of today.. hopefully i get it tomorrow
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited October 2013
    Unsealed mine and took a look but have yet to drop the needle today. Although it seems flat enough and thick enough, the LP surface looks paper scuffed and fingerprinted and will probably play very dirty. My Ukulele Songs LP was in just as bad shape when I got that.

If I brought it in to a record store, they'd surely ask me what I did to it.

With a decent setup, Analog can be AMAZING (I was more of a tape man back in the day...) but this record dont look so hot.

The digital files (FLACs WAVs and MP3s) sounded great, although I don't think they sounded 35 dollars worth of great. The "bonus digital content" just made me mad.

The jacket was fine, no bumps or bruises, although the uncoated printing and the paper seem like they will last about 8 months before disintegrating into dust. I would have preferred a Future Days postcard to the seemingly taunting Let The Records Play postcard I got.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 280
    edited October 2013
    Received mine today.

Swallowed Whole postcard, stickers, and all that jazz. Jacket is a little creased at the edges.

Side A: Skipped at Getaway. Pops at Sirens.

Side B: Minor pops before Swallowed whole. Skipped and popped at Future Days.
    Post edited by tylerj on
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    evenflow wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Just a regular pre-order from 10club. I guess they're randomly sending some out.

First time I've ever "won" something, and it feels pretty good.
    Cool! :thumbup:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LandojamLandojam Posts: 163
    Got mine today after it went on this tour

Date/Time Event Name Location
    22 Oct 2013 05:47 Received by the local post office SEATTLE, WA
    21 Oct 2013 19:54 Package processed by local post office FEDERAL WAY, WA
    21 Oct 2013 19:41 Package processed by local post office FEDERAL WAY, WA
    18 Oct 2013 21:15 Shipment Acceptance at PO BELL GARDENS, CA
    18 Oct 2013 16:49 Shipment Info Received by Post Office PHOENIX, AZ
    Date Description Location
    Oct 18 2013 Package transferred to Post Office LOS ANGELES, CA
    Oct 18 2013 Ready for post office entry Fontana, CA
    Oct 18 2013 Package received by dest MI facility Fontana, CA
    Oct 16 2013 Package transferred to dest MI facility Auburn, WA
    Oct 15 2013 Package processed by Mail Innovations Auburn, WA
    Oct 15 2013 Package received for processing Auburn, WA

And its warped! :(
    07/22/92 -Bremerton, WA (Lollapalooza) 09/05/93 - George, WA
    12/08/93 - Seattle Center Arena: Seattle, WA 09/16/96 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    07/21/98 07/22/98- Memorial Stadium: Seattle, WA 11/05/00 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    10/22/01 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA (Groundwork 2001 Benefit)
    12/09/02 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA 03/18/05 – Paramount Theater, Seattle, WA
    07/22/06 –George, WA,
    09/21/09 09/22/09 - Key Arena, Seattle, WA
    09/03/11 09/04/11 Alpine Valley
    12/6/2013 Key Arena, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    TP80932TP80932 Flagstaff, AZ Posts: 45
    got mine yesterday.

the cover is in good enough shape, though the inner sleeve is torn (like many other people's). there's some sort of sticky substance splattered on side A - it makes my father's son unplayable. a few other pops and skips. but the splatter alone is enough to make me return it. i'm disappointed to say the least.

and as other's have noted, it's quiet. not sure what that's about. though I wouldn't say that's a big enough issue to return the album over. the torn sleeves and foreign substances on the record are another matter entirely.
    I still can't figure out how to change my username...
  • Options
    TP80932 wrote:
    got mine yesterday.

the cover is in good enough shape, though the inner sleeve is torn (like many other people's). there's some sort of sticky substance splattered on side A - it makes my father's son unplayable. a few other pops and skips. but the splatter alone is enough to make me return it. i'm disappointed to say the least.

and as other's have noted, it's quiet. not sure what that's about. though I wouldn't say that's a big enough issue to return the album over. the torn sleeves and foreign substances on the record are another matter entirely.
    That sucks. :(

I would say that a record being quiet is definitely a good enough reason to return it.
  • Options
    ldatspjldatspj Posts: 91
    mikerl wrote:
    mt tracking finally is working with USPS.. its in Springfield MA as of today.. hopefully i get it tomorrow
    What part of mass? Im in montgomry, and trackin hasnt changed since thr 15 th.thanks
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Just got mine in IL.

Packaging is ace, though I didn't get the postcard.

Record was perfect except for 2 small pieces of goop that was a little stubborn, but came off with a couple cleaning sessions.

It is quiet compared to some records but I don't think that's a real issue. I have plenty of other records that I have to turn up just as much.
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    Got my vinyl yesterday....sleeve and all are in fine shape...slid the vinyl out and it looked like a piece of hair or something hanging off the vinyl so I tried to wipe it...here its the wax...a nice vinyl with a string of wax hanging from it.... :fp:
  • Options
    First day 10c pre-order received 10/21.
    The outside jacket is in very good (or better) condition. Very minor whitening (can't think of what else to call it) in the top right corner. Inside vinyl sleeve has a two inch tear where the vinyl punched through. Booklet is perfect. Stickers were a nice touch. No post card like others have reported. Would have like to have gotten a Pendulum one but oh well.
    Now to the vinyl itself. Spun Side A and so far so good. Volume seems in line with other records I've listened to lately (Vault #3, She & Him, Live on Ten Legs). One piece of dried vinyl around the outside perimeter but doesn't effect playback. No pops, skips or crackles. No chip crumbs or oily finger prints.
    Side B had a minor pop on one track (Sleeping By Myself). One smudge crossing multiple tracks but also didn't effect playback. No chip crumbs or oily finger prints.
    I feel for everybody who has received faulty/defective records. I hope you all get some satisfaction from 10c on this for sure.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    with all these complaints going on...I'm beginning to think this could possibly be some sort of Scott Stapp revenge conspiracy! Did he have access to the pressing plant?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    I keep picturing this scene:

10C staff member: "Hey boss, we're getting flooded with complaints about how fucked up the vinyl is! Seems like almost the entire batch is ruined! All the fans are getting pretty frustrated, and a lot of them don't even have the vinyl at all yet!! What's up with Mail Innovations?? .... So what do we do now?"

Boss: "Fuck 'em."
  • Options
    thebrigthebrig Posts: 394
    Got mine today - in Everett, WA (1/2 hour north of Seattle). Ordered the 10club presale on first day it was available.

Postcard Included - Sirens
    Jacket - about a 1" split at the top (likely in transit) but otherwise pristine
    Sleeve - about a 1" split on the side (again, likely in transit) but otherwise fine
    Vinyl - Black vinyl, straight with no warps. Smudgy in places, like there was a residue or something on the press. Not sure if it'll clean up or not, but I'll give that a shot because it looks like it needs it. Small glob of glue on Pendulum. I won't play in on my turntable until its been professionally cleaned but from the looks of it, it'll likely play fine once it's cleaned up a bit.

If they re-send a new one I certainly won't complain, but I consider myself lucky that it's a decent enough copy compared to what I've seen on the board.
    Mantis-2.gif
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I keep picturing this scene:

10C staff member: "Hey boss, we're getting flooded with complaints about how fucked up the vinyl is! Seems like almost the entire batch is ruined! All the fans are getting pretty frustrated, and a lot of them don't even have the vinyl at all yet!! What's up with Mail Innovations?? .... So what do we do now?"

Boss: "Fuck 'em. Mail innovations DOES Suck!"

agree, but have to hope that Boss would have added that^....hopefully
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    Got mine from the Volcom store in NYC while I was there for the shows.

Gatefold/sleeve/booklet and stickers (no postcard or download card) are in excellent condition.

The vinyl doesn't have any excess wax along the edges or any smears/scratches. I haven't been able to play it yet, but at least it appears that it doesn't have the same issues as the majority of the 10C versions.
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)