Options

Bringing 8 Year Old to show...

2»

Comments

• Options
    MD196505MD196505 CT Posts: 3
    This is a great topic, glad to see people with the same question I was going to ask. I have similar circumstances, my daughter was too young last tour and I promised her when she turned 10, I'd take her to a PJ show. She turned 10 a few months ago, so when the tour was announced I was stoked. Went 0 for 4 with the lottery (HFD, WOR BK 1,2) but managed to get a pair of seats behind the stage for Hartford on TM. I was hoping her first experience would be in some 10c seats, but anywhere in the building will be great time for us. Still a small chance to score in the lottery for the added Worcester show, but none the less excited to bring her to her first and hopefully second PJ show(s)!! Appreciate all the advise, Earplugs, Games for the IPOD/Phone and extra sugar/snacks :corn: at the concert will all be definites.
    2006 - Arnhem, Vienna
    2008 - Hartford
    2009 -Philadelphia 3
    2010 - Hartford, Newark,
    2012 - MIA
    2013 - Hartford, Worcester 2
    2016 - MSG 2, Fenway 1
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    This was my experience, it worked out pretty well:

http://www.guerrillacandy.com/2009/09/2 ... er-forget/

Very cool story!!

Congrats on that!
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    My kids are only 2 and 3 so not yet. But I was at the Missoula show last year. Someone brought their son Jeremy and was in reserved seats close to stage. Eddie saw him and briefly talked to him at the end of show. You can hear it on the bootleg. Eddie gave him a tambourine. He was prob like 5-6 years old. He was all smiles after the show. He might not remember exact details but he will have the tambourine handed to him directly by EV. Pretty damn cool.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Tonight's the night!! Can't wait!!! :)
    if nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    Brought my oldest (9 at the time) to the Philly 10/30/2009 show. He was very excited to go but quickly became overwhelmed and fell asleep about an hour into the show. Based on that experience, I decided to wait before brinning his younger brother to his first show; it finally happens this Friday in Hartford. At 12, I think he is much better equipped to truly enjoy the show and appreciate the moment. My older son was just a little too young at 9, although every kid is different.
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    My son is 2 1/2 and we took him to Towson's homecoming show (AWOLNATION) because he loves their one album. He wore the big earplug things the whole time and made it through the first 7 songs, fell asleep, and woke up for the 2 song encore. That said, the show was small and we had tons of room to let him sleep. I've contemplated letting him do PJ in Bmore with us, but think a 10,000 person show that goes 2-3 hours as opposed to a 1500 person show that's 75 minutes will be too long. Having done it myself though I see no problem with others doing it.
  • Options
    LLFleaBag wrote:
    Brought my oldest (9 at the time) to the Philly 10/30/2009 show. He was very excited to go but quickly became overwhelmed and fell asleep about an hour into the show. Based on that experience, I decided to wait before brinning his younger brother to his first show; it finally happens this Friday in Hartford. At 12, I think he is much better equipped to truly enjoy the show and appreciate the moment. My older son was just a little too young at 9, although every kid is different.

Well, I just brought him to Philly 1 and he acted about the same as your son! He was excited to hear the songs he knew, but was quickly losing steam. By 10 we agreed to go home and I assured him that I wouldn't hold it against him. I figure I'll get the bootleg and pretend I was there for "1/2 Full" and "Indifference".... As much as I love PJ I love my son more and just wanted him to be home and comfy. Plus my car had issues on way there and I was slightly freaked it'd return during mass exodus at parking lot! When we got out to lot all was still and my son said "finally it's quiet!" Yeah, probably not super ready at (almost) 9... but it was fun and memorable for him. Fortunately for me I got to go again last night w/ my brother and we had a freaking blast! Much different experience to go w/ your child~ but no regrets. :D
  • Options
    Oh, also- I had a kinda crappy section... I'm kinda the ringleader w/ all the clapping etc when specific songs come on and no one around me was participating-- not as if that'd stop me. ;) My section wasn't the best (way up there and on Eddie side) ~ I wondered if I was a buzzkill to those around me b/c I brought my son-- no one smoked and I'm not sure if that was deliberate or coincidental. In that case I felt badly that my son's presence might've caused them to not partake if they had originally wanted to, but I did appreciate not having to explain what "that smell" was to him. :) Seeing them the 2nd night w/ 10club tix was incredible, to be in 102 w/ great view of stage and the buzz of everyone seriously enjoying themselves was awesome! :) So, if you bring your child, make sure you go another night so you can appreciate PJ w/o worrying about your kid! :D
  • Options
    marklmarkl Posts: 58
    sometimes it can work out in your favor. check this out - my brother and 8yr old nephew from Tuesday night in Philly.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/tren ... -ever.html
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    markl wrote:
    sometimes it can work out in your favor. check this out - my brother and 8yr old nephew from Tuesday night in Philly.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/tren ... -ever.html

Cool little write up!
    and nice video clips.
    Thanks for sharing
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    That is awesome!! Wish Eddie could've seen my son! We were in nosebleeds. What a cool story!! Lucky boy! :D