*** Worcester 2 Fanviews Here 10/16/13 ***

Comments

• Ed had a pile of tissues and a big mug of what I assume was tea, and I bet one of the bottles he had up there had gatorade or something in it and not wine. Saw him cough a couple times, so he definitely seemed a little under the weather. Or maybe just really hungover. I will say though he gave 110% as usual and toughed it out. Felt like they played a lot of the big sing-a-longs so that he had plenty of crowd help. Lots of Stone solos which was good to see.

Other Side was awesome. Part of the sit down portion. Black was done sit down as well and they stood at the end.

Noticed that Mike plays Pendulum with his big white guitar (I am not a tech guy, no clue what it is) and a bow (like what you play a violin with). Really fun to see!!
  • mkdevomkdevo Posts: 33
    Oh, and to the dude who decided to rush the stage and tackle Ed during Yellow Ledbetter -- not cool, dude, not cool. :nono:

While I certainly don't condone fans jumping on stage, no one was tackled at all. He hugged Ed and said "thank you", followed by something else (have vid).
  • Varzinczak wrote:
    Nice set. Almost mamasan was played. I couldn't believe when I listened it in Curitiba (Brazil) 2011.
    My friend was in the crowd and sent me a text by 2 am here in Brazil to tell me that Eddie cheered with him and his fiance sharing some wine. (They decided to spent their honeymoon watching 5 PJ shows in USA) : :D

Here a pic of some wine (I cannot upload the image because it's too large). http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9kXhjn9qHVA/U ... 000131.jpg

I was right next to your friends and got some wine as well. Nice couple and I great way to spend your honeymoon! If anyone happens to have a picture of Ed giving out wine in the corner, I would love a copy...
  • reedrothchildreedrothchild Posts: 538
    edited October 2013
    Solid show tonight, but nothing spectacular. I really dug the main set. It flowed really well and the Yield trifecta to start was nice. Nothing too rare in the first set, but everything was played well which is all that really matters, It was cool to see Cropduster since i hadn't seen it in 10 years, but it's definitely one of the weaker songs from the album. Ed's voice was pretty rough most of the night which meant there wasn't much banter (a good thing if you ask me). Otherside was a nice surprise, but it was pretty rough. It started off a little out of key and Ed's vocals were shaky throughout. I appreciate the effort though. The rest of the encores were pretty standard ten and vs. songs. Ed and Stone got into a little bit of a squabble about what to play before daughter and Stone looked pissed. Whatever Ed wanted to audible to Stone was not feeling. This led to a pretty meh Daughter. Smile and Baba in the second encore was cool, but there was nothing too memorable about this one. A fun time as always, but nothing mind blowing. The previous night's setlist was looked much mroe thought out even if it didn't always flow well. Looking forward to Hartford next week.
    Post edited by reedrothchild on
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Mrs_Eddie_VedderMrs_Eddie_Vedder Boston, MA Posts: 75
    Awesome show, the band sounded great. Matt was killing it all night, particularly on SOLAT and Mike as usual was masterful. Eddie sounded pretty damn good from where I was standing; he cracked /strained a couple of times that I noticed, but I don't think it was anything out of the ordinary.
    "My Father's son" sounded sick, the bass was loud & heavy as f*@&. That song translates really well live, and is my favorite off the new album.
    "Baba O'Reilly" was also a personal favorite from tonight as that's my first time hearing it live in 10 shows. And "Smile" is always a treat; while it wasn't the first time I heard it live, that's one of my all time favorites.

Great night in GA (1st time ever with GA floor tickets!); I had to move because of a few drunk a-holes getting / dancing too obnoxiously close, but it's a small complaint, the night was overall awesome (glad I'm not a 3 year old!).

Bring on Brooklyn 2!

(I'll be happy to have reserved seats for Brooklyn 2 & Hartford, my legs & feet couldn't take another 2-1/2 hour show like that!)

Agreed- after two nights in the pit my seats for Brooklyn 2 are looking pretty good! I was three rows from the barricade in front of Stone both nights but I gotta say night 2 didn't hold a candle to night one. Eddie was struggling with a cold (and/or hangover?) and just didn't have the energy as the night before. That being said, he still gave 110% and I still loved every word that came out of his mouth! Highlight for me, being from Boston, was "I Am Mine" after talking about the marathon bombings. Really moving. Missed getting Eddie's wine in my cup by mere centimeters during porch :cry: I'm sure I'll get over it someday! haha
    June 16, 2011 - EV in Boston
    September 2, 2012 - Made In America
    October 15, 2013 - Worcester I
    October 16, 2013 - Worcester II
    October 25, 2013 - Hartford
    June 12, 2016 - Bonnaroo
    August 5, 2016 - Fenway I
    August 7, 2016 - Fenway II
    September 25, 2016 - EV in NYC
  • nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    Sea wrote:
    07. Cropduster
    08. Wishlist
    09. Sirens
    10. I Am Mine

This stretch of songs (minus Sirens) would have killed the flow of the show and the setlist for me...

But they made up for it from SOLAT through to the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    Sea wrote:
    14. State Of Love And Trust
    15. Lightning Bolt
    16. Porch
    Encore Break 1
    17. Other Side
    18. Future Days
    19. Gone
    20. Black
    21. Jeremy
    22. Daughter (no tag)
    23. Even Flow
    24. Rearviewmirror
    Encore Break 2
    25. Smile
    26. Once
    27. Alive
    28. Baba O’Riley
    29. Yellow Ledbetter
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • mkdevomkdevo Posts: 33
    gI51qaZl.jpg
  • mkdevo wrote:
    gI51qaZl.jpg

hello new avatar
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Still great, but not anywhere close to night one
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • VarzinczakVarzinczak Curitiba, Brazil Posts: 71
    Varzinczak wrote:
    Nice set. Almost mamasan was played. I couldn't believe when I listened it in Curitiba (Brazil) 2011.
    My friend was in the crowd and sent me a text by 2 am here in Brazil to tell me that Eddie cheered with him and his fiance sharing some wine. (They decided to spent their honeymoon watching 5 PJ shows in USA) : :D

Here a pic of some wine (I cannot upload the image because it's too large). http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9kXhjn9qHVA/U ... 000131.jpg

I was right next to your friends and got some wine as well. Nice couple and I great way to spend your honeymoon! If anyone happens to have a picture of Ed giving out wine in the corner, I would love a copy...

He is trying to get a pic. If he does, I will send to you. ;)
    'It's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind.'
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Anybody else catch Stone playing the Come As You Are vocal melody during his Not For You solo?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • ms. goldenwordsms. goldenwords Posts: 360
    edited October 2013
    Solid show tonight, but nothing spectacular. I really dug the main set. It flowed really well and the Yield trifecta to start was nice. Nothing too rare in the first set, but everything was played well which is all that really matters, It was cool to see Cropduster since i hadn't seen it in 10 years, but it's definitely one of the weaker songs from the album. Ed's voice was pretty rough most of the night which meant there wasn't much banter (a good thing if you ask me). Otherside was a nice surprise, but it was pretty rough. It started off a little out of key and Ed's vocals were shaky throughout. I appreciate the effort though. The rest of the encores were pretty standard ten and vs. songs. Ed and Stone got into a little bit of a squabble about what to play before daughter and Stone looked pissed. Whatever Ed wanted to audible to Stone was not feeling. This led to a pretty meh Daughter. Smile and Baba in the second encore was cool, but there was nothing too memorable about this one. A fun time as always, but nothing mind blowing. The previous night's setlist was looked much mroe thought out even if it didn't always flow well. Looking forward to Hartford next week.

I totally agree on all points. I wonder if they scratched footsteps because of Ed's voice. He was having a rough time (not to say he sounded anywhere near bad, but he seemed uncomfortable and frustrated at moments). I noticed most in Jeremy. It's incredible how good he sounded considering! Really wished we got footsteps but smile is always great. Cropduster, Future Days, and Otherside were firsts for me so that was cool! Happy to hear Low Light also - a fave of mine. Overall a great show in my book! Loved the poster too. Brooklyn 2 - I'm ready for the nosebleeds :) I wish the Brooklyn 1 tickets weren't so damn expensive. Hoping they drop tomorrow so I can get a single at least.

Oh and DCU was pretty cool! (Except getting out of that parking lot after).
    Post edited by ms. goldenwords on
  • Anybody else catch Stone playing the Come As You Are vocal melody during his Not For You solo?
    YES!!! Thank you! I thought I made that up on my own mind :)
  • BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    best setlist this year. pitt just went #2 :corn:

Totally agree with you!
  • BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    mkdevo wrote:
    Oh, and to the dude who decided to rush the stage and tackle Ed during Yellow Ledbetter -- not cool, dude, not cool. :nono:

While I certainly don't condone fans jumping on stage, no one was tackled at all. He hugged Ed and said "thank you", followed by something else (have vid).

I was walking outside right after the show and saw the guy and his friends right out front. He was in shock that he pulled if off, seemed like a really powerful moment for him. While I won't condone it at all, it's good that when it does happen, it's done by someone with no bad intentions. Hopefully it won't happen again.
  • narnianarnia Posts: 635
    mkdevo wrote:

Thank you for all your great videos! :thumbup:
    I escaped it...a life wasted...I'm never going back again
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    What can we say? They are the best. Hands down, the best. Eddie was clearly under the weather and struggling but STILL they delivered some memories I will have forever.

OTHER SIDE?!?! Are you serious? Mind blown. What does Mountain View and Worcester have in common? That song and only that song. Wow.

Black --> Daughter --> Jeremy --> Even Flow --> RVM simply lit the crowd on fire. So much energy in the room.

Baba --> YL to close...perfection.

I like Gone and had never heard it live. Really enjoy the seated acoustic encores. Footsteps continues to be my white whale and was of course scratched here tonight.

This was my girlfriend's first show and she was amazed. "Now I get why you go to so many shows! Can we go again?" Um...yes.

Thank you boys so much. Loved every second of both shows. Can't wait till Hartford next week.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Here's a full video of Future Days if anyone is interested. Sorry it doesn't zoom in better but the audio is solid.

http://youtu.be/lJLgp22GNtQ
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    edited October 2013
    Worcester 1 was a three-hour, destroy your vocal chords interactive punk rock Storytellers CD release sing-along dance party. Worcester 2 was classic rock band plays the anthems of the 90s. I definitely had more fun at the former, but it was clear that in constructing the set lists Eddie meant for the two shows to be taken together as a comprehensive Pearl Jam experience.

And it must be said that though I was not thrilled that they played Black, Jeremy, Even Flow, Daughter, Alive, basically all in a row, these songs sounded better than they EVER have.
    Post edited by Lauri on
  • withflyingcolorswithflyingcolors CO Posts: 467
    edited October 2013
    Lauri wrote:
    Worcester 1 was a three-hour, destroy your vocal chords interactive punk rock Storytellers CD release sing-along dance party. Worcester 2 was classic rock band plays the anthems of the 90s. I definitely had more fun at the former, but it was clear that in constructing the set lists Eddie meant for the two shows to be taken together as a comprehensive Pearl Jam experience.

:thumbup: agreed.

Even though I was flat out exhausted from Worcester 1 and working/no sleep I still had an amazing time. The people around me in my section (124) felt more like people who wanted to rock out like it is 1992 (nothing wrong with that!). Really loved I Am Mine, Smile, and of course Black. Agreed with whoever said Sirens is powerful live and will probably be the next sing along, I absolutely love it.

Now I completely regret selling my Hartford tickets* and will try to grab a drop next week!

(ETA: was furloughed and facing unknown with the damn shutdown but now we're back.)
    Post edited by withflyingcolors on
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Now that's a setlist!!!
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • sarnocmsarnocm York, ME Posts: 81
    So cool to see such a variety over 2 nights. They played 4 of the 5 I really wanted to hear, so I was beside myself. 1st time in GA for my 5th show. See you in Hartford!

1993 Berkeley
    1995 SF Polo grounds
    2010 Boston
    2013 Worcester 1, Worcester 2, Hartford
    2014 Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Denver
    2015 GCF
    2016 Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2
    2017 RRHOF

2018 Wrigley 1, Fenway 1&2

2022 EV—NYC 2, Berlin, Imola, Quebec City, Camden

• Pretty much a greatest hits set last night and will end up being somewhere down the bottom of the list of my now 15 shows. I understand this is likely due to Ed being hungover/tired and possibly sick. Can't win 'em all, right? But for me, night 2 can't hold a candle to night 1 and I am so glad that I ended up getting last minute tix for night 1. Still had a great time last night, talked to some real cool people, but just in terms of the setlist, it left much to be desired... and scratching footsteps?!?!? :fp: Not to mention the little wing tease. That was rough... You could hear the collective sigh in the crowd when daughter started. Would really love to hear that played in full some day. There was a strange moment on stage there. Ed seemed like he didnt want to do Little Wing, but then said, "ah fuck it"... like ok, mike... lets do it... and then daughter started. sigh.

Highlights for me were Low Light, Not for You, SOLAT, Other Side, Gone & Black. Always happy to hear a deep cut such as Other Side...

My bf and I had a great time in the pit with Mr. Fenway Faithful and Sir Youngster. You guys are awesome. We all shared a moment during Sirens. That was great... I'll will always remember that. :geek:

See you guys in Hartford next week. Hartford 2013 is gonna be one for the books... lets hope it can rival Woo Night 1.

Shout out to the guy in the pit wearing the green Seattle Supersonics shirt. We didn't catch your name... :( From Seattle but lives in CT. Real cool guy and we had a great time chatting music. If you post here/read this, shoot me a message... We'll be looking for you at the Oakdale Theater on Nov. 2
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• pjaddictsince91pjaddictsince91 New Jersey Posts: 181
    Love reading all the reviews...question: has anyone on this thread every walked out of a PJ show thinking "wow that was a really bad show"?! :nono:
    "I'm just feeling so tough with my ukelele...my badass mother f'in ukelele" EV 8/7/08 Newark, NJ

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    Good show all around and think I would rank the 4 shows I been to thus far:

Wor 1
    Pitt
    Wor 2
    Buff

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Love reading all the reviews...question: has anyone on this thread every walked out of a PJ show thinking "wow that was a really bad show"?! :nono:

That's the thing exactly. Last night was my 25th show, and some of those, like Worcester 1, are unbelievably memorable, while others were "only" stellar rock concerts. I've seen them when Eddie was sick and could barely sing and it was still a better show than 90% of everything out there.
    You could hear the collective sigh in the crowd when daughter started.

Daughter, Jeremy, and Lowlight are pretty much the three songs that totally bring down a Pearl Jam show for me, so I wasn't thrilled with the setlist last night at all. However, these songs did not bring down the show for me nearly as much as they have in the past, because the band sounds so freaking good these days. I was really pleasantly surprised with Daughter and Jeremy, they seemed to rock harder than usual or something.

Oh, and I have to say that I do love Even Flow at every show. That is such a great song to hear live that I never get tired of it. That said, I think it has to come during the first set-- it gets the crowd's energy up, you get that Mike solo and the collective jump in the air...it falls flat when they play it later in the show.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    mkdevo wrote:

I was walking outside right after the show and saw the guy and his friends right out front. He was in shock that he pulled if off, seemed like a really powerful moment for him. While I won't condone it at all, it's good that when it does happen, it's done by someone with no bad intentions. Hopefully it won't happen again.

While I agree that it's a good thing the guy was not, say, angry with Ed about his comments about guns, I cannot condone anything about what he did. So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that point.

I've had random strangers grab me by surprise with what they consider to be good intentions, and my first instinct was self-protection; it was not fun or funny, it was frightening. Ed elicits strong feelings from people, but just because maybe we wish those barriers between us and him were erased does not mean that they are. It is not okay to run up on him from behind and give him a hug just because you love his music so much. It's a matter of respect and decency, in my opinion.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Lauri wrote:
    You could hear the collective sigh in the crowd when daughter started.

Daughter, Jeremy, and Lowlight are pretty much the three songs that totally bring down a Pearl Jam show for me, so I wasn't thrilled with the setlist last night at all. However, these songs did not bring down the show for me nearly as much as they have in the past, because the band sounds so freaking good these days. I was really pleasantly surprised with Daughter and Jeremy, they seemed to rock harder than usual or something.

i think it had more to do with the fact that everyone got all all horned up for some little wing and then we got Daughter instead. Such a tease!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...