Options

RHCP / Nirvana / PJ San Fan '91 poster on sale!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    Page doesn't exist anymore....uh oh. :o
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    According to the thread on these on Expressobeans some people bought a few a month ago:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 1&start=30
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    RK268484 wrote:
    Has anyone suggested that these prints may have been illicit and 're-printed' without approval?

If something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

I was tempted too but my gut told me not to do it.

They are a poster company, they know the value of the original.

I think they recieved a 'cease and desist' and decided to 'save face' by posted something other than the facts.

:nono:
    Absolutely no chance, unless they have been duped too. This is a good guy, I've been in his store. They handled all the 2006 Australian PJ posters.
  • Options
    EL 10EL 10 Posts: 40
    I checked my PayPal account. It says the transaction was completed for the poster on October 1 even though my account on their website says awaiting payment?!? I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. I will really be disappointed if it doesn't show up. :cry:
  • Options
    EL 10 wrote:
    I checked my PayPal account. It says the transaction was completed for the poster on October 1 even though my account on their website says awaiting payment?!? I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. I will really be disappointed if it doesn't show up. :cry:

Sounds like me and you are in the same boat...Hoping to get an email from them late tonight explaining what the deal is. :corn:
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    It sounds like we are. . . I will be very interested in hearing what information they give you. Maybe more orders than posters came in a short amount of time and they are trying to sort out who gets one. Thanks for the updates. I got my fingers crossed for all of us who ordered!
  • Options
    any word on this?
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    Have not gotten an email back yet, my CC is still showing a full charge for the poster and shipping to the US.
  • Options
    PJCubsPJCubs Posts: 291
    bazzer wrote:
    RK268484 wrote:
    Has anyone suggested that these prints may have been illicit and 're-printed' without approval?

I think they recieved a 'cease and desist' and decided to 'save face' by posted something other than the facts.

Absolutely no chance, unless they have been duped too. This is a good guy, I've been in his store. They handled all the 2006 Australian PJ posters.

Obviously, I hope you are right but you have to agree that discounting your experience, this seems fishy.
    Soldier Field - 7.11.95
    Chicago - 5.16.06
    Chicago - 8.24.09
    Eddie Vedder @ Chicago Theatre - 6.28.11
    PJ20 - 9.3.11
    Wrigley Field - 7.19 / Pittsburgh - 10.10 / Buffalo - 10.11
    Philadelphia 2 - 10.22 / Portland - 11.29 / Spokane - 11.30
    Amsterdam - 6.16 & 6.17 / Milan - 6.20
  • Options
    RK268484 wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    RK268484 wrote:

Obviously, I hope you are right but you have to agree that discounting your experience, this seems fishy.
    Which part?
  • Options
    PJCubsPJCubs Posts: 291

:nono:[/quote]
    Absolutely no chance, unless they have been duped too. This is a good guy, I've been in his store. They handled all the 2006 Australian PJ posters.[/quote]

Obviously, I hope you are right but you have to agree that discounting your experience, this seems fishy.[/quote]
    Which part?[/quote]

The whole thing. What is a reasonable explanation as to why this would happen?

They posted something for sale, people bought it, they should ship it honoring the posted price. That is good business. Anything short of that is fishy.
    Soldier Field - 7.11.95
    Chicago - 5.16.06
    Chicago - 8.24.09
    Eddie Vedder @ Chicago Theatre - 6.28.11
    PJ20 - 9.3.11
    Wrigley Field - 7.19 / Pittsburgh - 10.10 / Buffalo - 10.11
    Philadelphia 2 - 10.22 / Portland - 11.29 / Spokane - 11.30
    Amsterdam - 6.16 & 6.17 / Milan - 6.20
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    Super fishy. Mind you there are some on here (in this thread) that find this to be perfectly acceptable..."within the law" whatever that means. This is not cool in my book. Super unprofessional. I do hope those of you who already paid get a copy. Please keep us posted.
  • Options
    RK268484 wrote:
    The whole thing. What is a reasonable explanation as to why this would happen?

They posted something for sale, people bought it, they should ship it honoring the posted price. That is good business. Anything short of that is fishy.
    I agree, but I haven't seen anything (except speculation by some - those that missed out?) that says those that ordered them aren't getting them. Just that they are suspending the sale of the poster. What makes people automatically assume the worst when a small operator gets overwhelmed by the zealotry of Peal Jam fans?
  • Options
    Just got an email from them stating they are going out soon "packed today will ship tomorrow", and they included a pic of a number of tubes(including mine) all labeled and ready to ship out. 8-)
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:
    Just got an email from them stating they are going out soon "packed today will ship tomorrow", and they included a pic of a number of tubes(including mine) all labeled and ready to ship out. 8-)
    Not bad for greedy, unprofessional, scam artists. :roll:
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    pulling69 wrote:

how many tubes? 25?
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:

how many tubes? 25?

4 in the picture(mine is on the right) and a pile of still to be rolled posters. I blurred out the names and addresses:

RHCPPJNIRVANA_zps820db033.jpg
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    pulling69 wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:

how many tubes? 25?

4 in the picture(mine is on the right) and a pile of still to be rolled posters. I blurred out the names and addresses:

RHCPPJNIRVANA_zps820db033.jpg

Happy to see the few that got payment sent in time will be getting their orders.
  • Options
    I received the same reply and picture as pulling69. (Thank you for blurring out names/addresses - mine is in the middle). It said it will ship tomorrow. I was very nervous when I first inquired about this sale. You know what they say when it sounds to good to be true. . . But bazzer said they were a legit place of business and I moved forward with my order per his reply. Thank you fellow 10c member! Appreciate your advice and now I will have an early Christmas present for myself! Poster, LB, tour - can't stop smiling! :D
  • Options
    alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    thanks for the update! 8-)

i hadnt heard any word from them about this...but my tube is the 2nd from the left!!! :mrgreen:

im super stoked to see my little towns name in the pic :D

its going to a great home, with a great collection, and NOT to flip!

cant have too many smilies today :mrgreen:

free streaming lightning bolt on itunes (which i think is a w e s o m e)!!!!

new vault vinyl!!!!

shipping confirmation on the new album!!!!

and TOUR starts any minute!!!!

its a great time to be a PEARL JAM fan :mrgreen:
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• Options
    My poster came in the mail today! It is in mint condition as advertised. What a great find - what a great week - LB, I was in Pittsburgh on Friday (loving that poster too) Thanks again to bazzer for the recommendation about the store. Thanks also to demetrios for finding this gem and posting it. :D
  • Options
    For those that got it, when did you order? I'm not getting mine. Thought I got in pretty early but I guess not early enough! Oh well.