Options

RHCP / Nirvana / PJ San Fan '91 poster on sale!!

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,741
edited October 2013 in The Porch
http://www.beyondthepale.com.au/store/5 ... pearl-jam/

z6AMT5N.jpg?1

Nirvana
NIRVANA + RHCP + Pearl Jam
Designer: Harry Rossit
Size: 490 x 330 mm
Print Type: Heavy card
Price: $85.00 AUD

Original 1991 Bill Graham poster.
19 1/2 x 13 inch.
Mint Con-d. What a line up!

This is on the net for $ 275.00

I have a very limited supply.
Postage. Aus $ 9. USA $ 13.
Europe $ 15.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    These have to be re-print, yeah? Have to be!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    EL 10EL 10 Posts: 40
    Is this for real? Has anyone dealt with this place before?
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Yeah, I have. They are a reputable shop in Melbourne, with a cool shop-front in St Kilda if memory serves me correct. They do get posters straight from the artists and promoters.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    That's good to know. I'm gonna check it out. Thanks.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    Ty wrote:
    Yeah, I have. They are a reputable shop in Melbourne, with a cool shop-front in St Kilda if memory serves me correct. They do get posters straight from the artists and promoters.
    Yep, nice shop in St Kilda. They do a lot of the concert posters for Australia/NZ I think. If this was a reprint, wouldn't it have to say? It says original poster.
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:
    Yeah, seems there was a 2nd printing from 2006, but the dimensions of this match the first printing.

Could this be from a 3rd print? Seems unlikely. Maybe John (from BTP) just found a stash he had, though that he would sell them under market price seems unlikely.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:
    Yeah, seems there was a 2nd printing from 2006, but the dimensions of this match the first printing.

Could this be from a 3rd print? Seems unlikely. Maybe John (from BTP) just found a stash he had, though that he would sell them under market price seems unlikely.

I am in for one(submitted order) on the off chance these are a legit stash of first run prints...I think they are given that he lists them as "original" and says they are available on the net for 275. :corn:
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    You're right - it does say original on the website. Thanks! It does seem too good to be true which makes me pause. . . but I have always liked this poster. . . I'm gonna try for it - it must have been an amazing show!
  • Options
    EL 10 wrote:
    You're right - it does say original on the website. Thanks! It does seem too good to be true which makes me pause. . . but I have always liked this poster. . . I'm gonna try for it - it must have been an amazing show!

Yeah....If it turns out to be a reprint then it would just set a new price, but since the place is legit I am leaning to them being legit. I also paid using a CC through Paypal so if does turn out bad I will get my money back no problem ;)

PS I am curious as to what his newly found limited availability is: 10? 20? 100?
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    pulling69 wrote:
    EL 10 wrote:

Yeah....If it turns out to be a reprint then it would just set a new price, but since the place is legit I am leaning to them being legit. I also paid using a CC through Paypal so if does turn out bad I will get my money back no problem ;)

PS I am curious as to what his newly found limited availability is: 10? 20? 100?

How did you pay via Paypal? It is just letting me submit my order and they will get back to me with an invoice. Dont see how to just pay :?
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:
    EL 10 wrote:

How did you pay via Paypal? It is just letting me submit my order and they will get back to me with an invoice. Dont see how to just pay :?

He sends an email with a quote that includes shipping, then you link back to the site to pay via paypal...OR you can create an account on their site using the same email you use on paypal and you can check the order/quote statues through that.
  • Options
    I emailed them to ask about the poster being original. He said they were original as part of a big collection he purchased that had 25 of them. As mentioned, I received an email with the invoice & link for PayPal. Just clicked, logged in my PayPal & done. Wow!
  • Options
    EL 10 wrote:
    I emailed them to ask about the poster being original. He said they were original as part of a big collection he purchased that had 25 of them. As mentioned, I received an email with the invoice & link for PayPal. Just clicked, logged in my PayPal & done. Wow!

Well that is just awesome then, big ups to the OP for posting this very reasonably priced buried treasure.
  • Options
    pulling69 wrote:
    EL 10 wrote:
    Well that is just awesome then, big ups to the OP for posting this very reasonably priced buried treasure.
    And I would say big ups to Beyond the pale too, for not ripping their customers off. It will be interesting to see what condition they are in. Does it say mint?
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    pulling69 wrote:
    EL 10 wrote:
    And I would say big ups to Beyond the pale too, for not ripping their customers off. It will be interesting to see what condition they are in. Does it say mint?

Yep, props to them as well. They are listed as "Mint Con-d."
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    Thanks for the heads up on this, I placed an order for one and I'm waiting to hear back from them.
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    JexJex Posts: 283
    Has anyone gotten theirs yet? I was wondering what the paper was like that this poster was printed on. Is it the thick stuff that the pearl jam posters are printed on now or the thin glossy paper that some posters are printed on? I've read the description but that didn't really help.
    "Mine is mine and yours won't take its place.."
    1.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 / 2.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 / 3.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 / 4.iWireless Center Moline, IL 10-17-2014 / 5.Bradley Center Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 / 6.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2016 / 7.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-22-2016 / 8.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-18-2018 / 9.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
  • Options
    JexJex Posts: 283
    I was just emailed by them and they said the sale was suspended due to high demand. Bummer.
    "Mine is mine and yours won't take its place.."
    1.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 / 2.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 / 3.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 / 4.iWireless Center Moline, IL 10-17-2014 / 5.Bradley Center Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 / 6.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2016 / 7.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-22-2016 / 8.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-18-2018 / 9.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
  • Options
    Same thing here too....he told me he's holding off on what to do with his remaining posters...which means he underestimated the value of these posters and wants to make more off them.
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555
    Placed my order right when D listed this thread. Was just informed that they are having second thoughts and won't be selling anymore copies. They are going to hold on to what they have left.

Sorry to say...this company is not even close to being a professional outfit. This comes down to greed...we'll probably see the extra copies slowly listed on eBay.

They should have just decided to be greedy before ruining their reputation.
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:
    Placed my order right when D listed this thread. Was just informed that they are having second thoughts and won't be selling anymore copies. They are going to hold on to what they have left.

Sorry to say...this company is not even close to being a professional outfit. This comes down to greed...we'll probably see the extra copies slowly listed on eBay.

So, they should have just been dishonest and said - sorry sold out. Then put it back up for sale 6 months from now saying they found more?

Do folks see why more businesses aren't honest with the public? The public is so understanding. :roll:

They have a good that they've discovered is valued more than the price. They honored the orders they took, and have pulled the rest from the shelves for future consideration. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Be disappointed. Don't patronize them, whatever. But this place is like anyone that makes money is bad. So, if you found a job paying you more to do the same work you do now you wouldn't take it? How dare you!!!!! You're greedy!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:

So, they should have just been dishonest and said - sorry sold out. Then put it back up for sale 6 months from now saying they found more?

Do folks see why more businesses aren't honest with the public? The public is so understanding. :roll:

They have a good that they've discovered is valued more than the price. They honored the orders they took, and have pulled the rest from the shelves for future consideration. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Be disappointed. Don't patronize them, whatever. But this place is like anyone that makes money is bad. So, if you found a job paying you more to do the same work you do now you wouldn't take it? How dare you!!!!! You're greedy!
    It's weird because they knew what the posters were worth, they stated it right in their description. They only had 25, I'm sure it wouldn't have taken long to blow through those. I made an order (yesterday), got my quote and just paid it, so hopefully I'll end up with one. Maybe he's talking about the rest of the posters he picked up?
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    mr_canada wrote:

It's weird because they knew what the posters were worth, they stated it right in their description. They only had 25, I'm sure it wouldn't have taken long to blow through those. I made an order (yesterday), got my quote and just paid it, so hopefully I'll end up with one. Maybe he's talking about the rest of the posters he picked up?

Yeah. Who knows? And isn't it possible they got over ordered (or close to it), so they had to suspend (not stop, but suspend) until they cleared out the paypal offers they already put out there? Maybe, it's a matter of they aren't sure how many are taken at this point than greed. But, folks just like to jump. These are obviously small businesses that are trying to make this stuff work. They probably aren't used to us PJ nuts that they get close to inventory so quickly. :lol:
  • Options
    mr_canadamr_canada Posts: 555

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

They knew the value but had second thoughts after seeing the demand. Plan and simple. I own a decent sized business and I can tell you what they've done is not professional...period. You either work there or are one of those types who defend anyone who has anything to do with Pearl Jam...even a store that sells posters. :roll:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,741
    What the deuce?!? :shock:

THE SALE OF THIS POSTER IS "ON HOLD" FOR THE TIME BEING.
    For now please don't place an order.

:|
  • Options
    mr_canada wrote:
    *****************************************************************************************************************************************

They knew the value but had second thoughts after seeing the demand. Plan and simple. I own a decent sized business and I can tell you what they've done is not professional...period. You either work there or are one of those types who defend anyone who has anything to do with Pearl Jam...even a store that sells posters. :roll:

Actually neither. But I am a person that defends a business (or a person for that matter) to do as they please within the law. Now, as I said in my original response, you can be disappointed, you can stop patronizing them - both great options, and a great way to get your message across. But greedy? Why?

Again, as in my latter response, I'm guessing it may have more to do with the fact that the method with which they sell (you order, they respond, you pay rather than you pay, they post sold out when they're done) is causing the problem b/c we are freaks unlike anything they've ever encountered before. So, the real problem is - they don't know how many they have "sold" while they await payment responses and may have in fact sold out, or may have a few left.

Who knows? Or maybe they just said - wow! Maybe we should have sold these for market value like we should have in the first place. Greedy would be putting them up on Ebay one at a time over the next year so unsuspecting folks could continue to bid them up then next year put them on sale of the then market value of $350 (or something like that). But selling something for LESS THAN market value, then deciding - hey, let's sell the last few for actual market value is the reverse of greedy.

But, I guess that's all perspective. I also think PJ should be selling their front row tix (behind the 10C GA, of course :D ) for the $500 they could get for them to minimize the scalping rather than putting them up for a great price, doing all sorts of things to help the fans out then listen to the complainers b/c they've been in the club since 1947 and deserve to sit next to Matt.
  • Options
    PJCubsPJCubs Posts: 291
    Has anyone suggested that these prints may have been illicit and 're-printed' without approval?

If something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

I was tempted too but my gut told me not to do it.

They are a poster company, they know the value of the original.

I think they recieved a 'cease and desist' and decided to 'save face' by posted something other than the facts.

:nono:
    Soldier Field - 7.11.95
    Chicago - 5.16.06
    Chicago - 8.24.09
    Eddie Vedder @ Chicago Theatre - 6.28.11
    PJ20 - 9.3.11
    Wrigley Field - 7.19 / Pittsburgh - 10.10 / Buffalo - 10.11
    Philadelphia 2 - 10.22 / Portland - 11.29 / Spokane - 11.30
    Amsterdam - 6.16 & 6.17 / Milan - 6.20
  • Options
    Interesting developments...My payment was processed through my Discover card and Paypal on Oct 1 so I guess I will be getting my poster :?: They posted them as original, indicated they knew the market price, and that they were selling them at a discount. In an email they told a person here that they were original from a large collection they bought. I would not be surprised if someone at the store listed them and another person thought it would be best not to sell them....or they were deluged with orders and realized they shouldn't have sold them at such a low price. Either way I hope I get my print.

PS If it turns out they aren't original(any way to find out) they will be in for some serious shit from paypal and some credit card companies for sure :nono:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Quick follow up: my order status on the site is "awaiting payment" even though my CC was already charged the full amount. I sent them an email to see what the deal is with that and if they tell me something about the poster sale being suspended I will pass that along to you guys.
    Post edited by pulling69 on