Grantland Article - In The Loneliness of the Alt-Rock Annive

IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
edited September 2013 in Other Music

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Steven Hyden is a fairly entertaining writer, but I would have loved to read some of Klosterman's input on this revisionist history of grunge.

I have both In Utero and August & Everything After, and I have to admit Hyden makes a good argument about the importance of the latter despite its seeming wussy grasp for authenticity.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • dont know if i agree that the album is as good as in utero, but August is a classic album for sure.

Round Here is beautiful. Perfect Blue Buildings. Mr Jones.

What more do you need, great album.

Step out the front door like a ghost into a fog/Where no one notices the contrast of white on white/In between the moon and you/ angels get a better view of the crumbling difference between wrong and right/I walk in the air between the rain through myself and back again/where i dont know/Maria said she's dying/Through the door I hear her crying/Why/I dont know

The girl on the car in the parking lot/Says Man you should try and take a shot/Cant you see my walls are crumbling