The "Wilco" Thread

124»

Comments

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    A little bit of a battle with the Largo website turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Tried to grab a single ticket for Jeff Tweedy's show on 12/15 and when it went to process my order, the site crashed. Reloaded the order page and tried again, only for it to crash again. Well, it actually processed and charged me for both orders. A friend was completely shut out so she quickly claimed my extra. :D
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    kasedoug wrote:
    A little bit of a battle with the Largo website turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Tried to grab a single ticket for Jeff Tweedy's show on 12/15 and when it went to process my order, the site crashed. Reloaded the order page and tried again, only for it to crash again. Well, it actually processed and charged me for both orders. A friend was completely shut out so she quickly claimed my extra. :D

Same thing happened to the Mrs......got 2 pairs for 12/19....hope they don;t cancel for exceeding the limit!
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    A limited edition CD of Wilco covers coming out via Uncut Magazine's Nov. '19 issue :sunglasses:

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    this cover cd should be pretty sweet
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
     New LP is a stunner
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
     New LP is a stunner
    Where'd you hear it? Did pre-orders come early, or is there a leak, or some early release deal somewhere?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Leak. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
     New LP is a stunner
    Stunning is kinda like boring.
    edited October 2019
    DewieCox said:
     New LP is a stunner
    Stunning is kinda like boring.
    :lol: Oh boy... I'm just starting to listen to it right now..... I like the first 75 seconds of it anyway. ;) Doesn't sound country at all! I did see Wilco perform on Colbert the other night though, and did think that was very boring. I turned it off before the song was even over.
    EDIT: about halfway through now..... I LOVE IT!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Not really that bad, I just think Tweedys been hammering the same formula for several albums now. I think Star Wars was the last Wilco to actually sound like anybody besides him was involved. With the glut of solo material and 2  Wilco albums that sound like it, it’s just too much.
    DewieCox said:
    Not really that bad, I just think Tweedys been hammering the same formula for several albums now. I think Star Wars was the last Wilco to actually sound like anybody besides him was involved. With the glut of solo material and 2  Wilco albums that sound like it, it’s just too much.
    In that case, lucky for me that I only ever listen to a limited number of their albums, so no formula has had any effect on me. I really only like maybe 3 or 4 of their albums (all the least country sounding ones). I didn't care for their last album. This one I like. Star Wars was pretty good. Of course my fave is always will be YHF.
    On first track now. Love the production of it already. Sounds wicked. 
    I thought the hand wringing among Tools fan base regarding Fear Inoculum was pretty bad, but the reaction to Ode has been hilarious. World class band so there are always a few nuggets but this album is probably the worst of Tweedy’s career and some fans are calling it a return to form. And either they received some horrendous reviews in the past  or they’ve been super gracious with interviews to be receiving mostly positive reviews.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    what's with the title of this thread? lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Before the its from before the board reformatted.
    DewieCox said:
    I thought the hand wringing among Tools fan base regarding Fear Inoculum was pretty bad, but the reaction to Ode has been hilarious. World class band so there are always a few nuggets but this album is probably the worst of Tweedy’s career and some fans are calling it a return to form. And either they received some horrendous reviews in the past  or they’ve been super gracious with interviews to be receiving mostly positive reviews.
    No way this is worse than Wilco (the album)
    edited October 2019
    It’s not a return to form. His song writing definitely shifted with the Tweedy record. Since then talk been improving with every record including the 2 solo albums. It’s definitely a shift from everything in before Tweedy, which got too dad rock, the past few have gotten closer to the Loose Fur song style of writing which is fine by me. 
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Before the its from before the board reformatted.
    aah
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Listened to the new album again. Damn good. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    They're doing a live stream of tonight's show at Brooklyn Steel in NYC. It's due to start in about 45 minutes.

https://youtu.be/SMP59TZtvCE
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Just got back (last night) from Wilco's Sky Blue Sky destination concert in Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Wilco played 3 shows, performing 75 songs total with ZERO repeats!

Amazing to hear that many different songs!
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    That's awesome. Hopefully they'll go back to more of a rotating setlist in the regular tours.
    The best run of Wilco shows I’ve ever seen was their residence at the Riv in Chicago over 5 nights when their played their whole catalog (at that point). Which was up through SBS at that point. It was awesome. 
    I think they played about 75% of their catalog in Mexico, assuming they have 10 albums with 10 songs per.
  • ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,075
    Don't forget all their outtakes. Just like PJ, Wilco have a good amount of quality songs that didn't make it onto the albums. Magazine Called Sunset, Cars Can't Escape, Just a Kid, The Thanks I Get, etc. And the Woody Guthrie songs. They did three nights at the Capitol Theater in 2014, featuring 90 songs and one repeat. That was exhilarating.
  • vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,434
    edited May 2020
    Really a haunting & beautiful new song from Wilco
    https://www.facebook.com/colbertlateshow/videos/715545745869235/
    Post edited by vito on
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000