online dating?

Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
edited September 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone out there tried online dating?

Just signed up and figured people might have some tips......yeah yeah maybe it is desperate but what the hell traditional methods arent working.......
168dcfb.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I don't think it's desperate at all. Just another way of meeting people. I see nothing wrong with people who choose to do it. Good luck.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I've never done it, but I have some friends who did really well with it. Some are married now!
    A buddy once told me this important tip. Make sure whatever girl you are initially interested in has more than just a head shot.

Turns out he's met some ladies who were a little hefty below the head. :lol:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    eHarmony has produced the most marriages form any online dating site, so i'd go with Match.com to be safe.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    eHarmony has produced the most marriages form any online dating site, so i'd go with Match.com to be safe.

:lol:

Post of the day dear sir!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

well done. :lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

:lol::lol::lol:

:clap::clap::clap:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DS1119 wrote:
    I don't think it's desperate at all. Just another way of meeting people. I see nothing wrong with people who choose to do it. Good luck.
    168dcfb.jpg
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I try internet dating every now & then, usually over summertime but not this summer for some reason. I know 3 people who are now married to people they met on the net. A friend(now one if those people married from internet dating) always said that dating is a numbers game, ticking off the frogs until you find the prince kind of thing so it just helps you meet more people to hopefully find the right person. :)

I worked out pretty quick too that you're better to meet up in person with someone you're chatting to online sooner rather than later coz you can be chatting away, it all seems great & then you meet them & for whatever reason you just don't click. Oh & hell, these are people you've met on the internet so you don't really know them at all so ALWAYS meet for the 1st time in a very public place - bar or cafe etc. I've also heard a drink is a good 1st meetup coz then if you like them you can maybe go on to dinner or if not you can bail. :)

Oh & check out speed dating if they have it in your area. That's fun! A fun night out even if it doesn't amount to any matches.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
    Oh & as for if I've had any success with it well I've been on plenty of dates from it(many of which the guys were actually only after a shag, or would've been happy if I'd said 'so yours or mine?') but i went out with one guy exclusively for a few months a few years ago. So yeah, it's worth a go.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    you never know what life brings..
    the person you are looking for ,maybe is in the next block at your house,or at the next city,or at the next country,even at the another continent...

or is just a clik at his profile at internet....

just dont fear Love....

good luck..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    I know people who have had great success with online dating.

I'm not sure about this site though:

http://www.ashleymadison.com/
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    I've tried match with not too much luck. Right now i'm on POF (pretty much only cause it's free).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    ok.....

don't post mirror pics...and for gods sake, don't take all your pix yourself. looks lame.

throw up some pix, throw up some things you are interested in, sit back and weed thru the guys. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I don't think online dating is any different these days and in some ways, dependent upon what city you, could be better. Philly is such a miserable city for dating & singles in general so it's good to expand as much as possible.
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    It's no different than meeting people elsewhere. My favorite saying about it is "there is plenty of time for crazy to come out".

Lots of folks mis-representing themselves so stick to coffee/drinks for first meetings.

That is my two cents.
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • :D
    Thanks...lots of positive here! 17 people messaged me already! eecks!
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    Make sure you have a plan when you meet someone in person. Crowded public place, a person that you will be checking in with after the date etc. A lot of whack jobs out there! Good luck.
    Well so i a girl from POF. We talked and chatted for awhile. Decided to meet last night. We went to this Italian restaurant. Started off well, talked and whatnot. Then we ordered drinks and our food. After that she excused herself to go to the bathroom. a few minutes later I get a text from her (although I think it was meant for someone else) saying "dork but nice" and I'll call you later. I though ok kidna weird, not sure if she thought i was a dork or what. So about 10 minutes later she still ahsn't returned. I text her and say are you ok? no response. 5 minutes after that i text her again and say the dinner is here. Still no response, so I'm thinking she stood me up. few minutes later she texts me and says she had a panic attack and will be right out. I said ok. She still never returned i then text her and say are you sure you are ok, anything i can do? she responds and says i'm sorry i had to leave i spazed and had a panic attack. you're a nice guy. i have issues, had nothing to do with you, etc... I was a little shocked, the date seemed to be going pretty well. She was ok looking, pretty average. I still wanted to finish the date and see if there might be a connection. so we might be going out again :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Well so i a girl from POF. We talked and chatted for awhile. Decided to meet last night. We went to this Italian restaurant. Started off well, talked and whatnot. Then we ordered drinks and our food. After that she excused herself to go to the bathroom. a few minutes later I get a text from her (although I think it was meant for someone else) saying "dork but nice" and I'll call you later. I though ok kidna weird, not sure if she thought i was a dork or what. So about 10 minutes later she still ahsn't returned. I text her and say are you ok? no response. 5 minutes after that i text her again and say the dinner is here. Still no response, so I'm thinking she stood me up. few minutes later she texts me and says she had a panic attack and will be right out. I said ok. She still never returned i then text her and say are you sure you are ok, anything i can do? she responds and says i'm sorry i had to leave i spazed and had a panic attack. you're a nice guy. i have issues, had nothing to do with you, etc... I was a little shocked, the date seemed to be going pretty well. She was ok looking, pretty average. I still wanted to finish the date and see if there might be a connection. so we might be going out again :?
    Dude, don't go out with her again. She called you a dork and stood you up. She sounds like she has some serious issues!

By the way, did you still sit there and eat dinner alone? What did you do with her food? :D
    mca47 wrote:
    Dude, don't go out with her again. She called you a dork and stood you up. She sounds like she has some serious issues!

By the way, did you still sit there and eat dinner alone? What did you do with her food? :D

yes i ate alone :( , i took her food home and had it for lunch. :lol:

We'll see what happens. She said maybe at a bar or cafe would be better. I don't know.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    ^^^ No way dude! Don't see her again! Glad you ate her meal but hell, she stood you up, bailed on you in a bizarre way & you'd see her again!?!??!? :nono: :fp: Run while you still can I say! :o Sure, everyone deserves a 2nd chance but WTF!?!?!?
    <hr>
  • She said she had a panic attack but it sounds like she realised her mistake (she sent the text to you and not her friend) and she couldn't face up to it.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    It's nice that you want to give her the benefit of the doubt (as well as a second chance), but I just want to point out that she does/did say "I have issues." :think: Shouldn't this be a red flag? Did you suggest the second date, or did she? If she did, I would say give her a second chance (maybe she really did have a panic attack and feels bad). You seem like a nice guy...don't waste your time on someone who seems like a flake.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    morello wrote:
    ^^^ No way dude! Don't see her again! Glad you ate her meal but hell, she stood you up, bailed on you in a bizarre way & you'd see her again!?!??!? :nono: :fp: Run while you still can I say! :o Sure, everyone deserves a 2nd chance but WTF!?!?!?

THIS!!! Dave you're a super sweet guy but run away from this girl. I'm telling you, just move on. Sorry it didn't work out :(
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Bullet dodged. :geek:

I hope she ordered something good for left-overs the next day.

If you are looking for a car and the engine explodes in a ball of flames on the test drive, it's probably smart to look at another model.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    morello wrote:

THIS!!! Dave you're a super sweet guy but run away from this girl. I'm telling you, just move on. Sorry it didn't work out :(
    Agreed on all counts. You deserve better than that.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    She said she had a panic attack but it sounds like she realised her mistake (she sent the text to you and not her friend) and she couldn't face up to it.
    This is what I'm thinking. Run the other way. Think about it, if that was how your first date went down, even if she was telling you the truth, do you really want to see where this will go? And if she was telling the truth, she should have called you and offered to pay for her half of dinner. Or something. I don't see any goodwill gesture on her part.