Did Anyone's Parents Name Them After Band Members/Songs?

Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
edited August 2013 in The Porch
I know we seem to be getting a younger crowd and with the band being 23-ish, wondering how many Ed's or Stone's or Lukin's we got out there?
GoiMTvP.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Hmm yes, I posted this recently in another thread at AET forum.

Looks like my 22-days-old daughter's name is after a PJ song. It wasn't my intention, didnot realize it but somehow it happened.

Wife doesn't know (she's not into PJ) and better not find out. :mrgreen: :shh: :shh:

Edit: As an answer to your question, I think my daughter can reply to this like in 15-20 years that she was named after a PJ song.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    I thought of naming my cat Foxymophandlemama. Does that almost count? :P
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • My cat's name is Lukin. Not a child, but he's a boss.
  • WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639
    No, but I'm going to name my son Edward (Ed, Eddie, etc.). My girlfriend, who I plan on marrying, is VERY ok with that actually haha. But she also wants to name our new puppy Stone, which I think is an awesome name for a dog.

Let's see how things plan out in the next couple of years though....crossing fingers... :roll:
    446927_artist.jpg?0119
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I don't have any kids...but I do have a cat named Dirty Frank Black :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Named my daughter Evie (E.V.)

I wouldn't have got away with calling her Stone or Jeff
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    OH PS.. My Dog is EV... So Pets count of course :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211
    I hope to give Mookie as a nickname to my kid someday. It was my nickname as a kid. :ugeek:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • rmwatsonrmwatson Posts: 159
    No kids yet - one on the way - names already picked, and will not be PJ related; but -

I did win the battle of naming our dog Pearl.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    afroannnie wrote:
    Is he a cannabalistic pixie?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    My parents named me Eddie, 61 years ago. How did they know?
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    My snake's name is Eddie :oops: (sunglow motley corn snake)
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Poncier wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Is he a cannabalistic pixie?

:lol::lol: How did you know? ;)

I was spinning the Orpheum show once and Dirty Frank was on...at the part where Eddie keeps saying "Frank!? Frank!?" (I think he says it 4 or 5 times)...poor Dirty Frank Black got scared... :lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • I had a fish named Vedder..... I have a Daughter named Randee, after Randy Rhoads but if she was a boy the middle name would have been Stone....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    When we have our first child, we will name him/her Black Diamond. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I had a fish named Vedder..... I have a Daughter named Randee, after Randy Rhoads but if she was a boy the middle name would have been Stone....

:wave:

I am named after the song "Daniel" by Elton John, and my middle name is John.

My son's first name is Stone, and his middle name is Hendrix.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    mfc2006 wrote:
    :lol: :corn:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 wrote:
    :lol: :corn:

:wave:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Named my youngest(18) Chloe after Chloe Dancer song. Inspired by the name not the lyrics.lol
  • cross7806cross7806 Posts: 222
    We have a 5 month old daughter who's name is Kaylin (wife and mothers middle name) Pearl (wife's grandmothers name) Jean (my mother and grandmothers middle name) so she's named after the band plus some family heritage to boot. It worked out perfect. We call her pearl her brother calls her Kay Kay.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I will name my first born "Gods Dice"
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • My daughter's name is Pearl (7), and my son's name is Vedder (19 months). I have a really awesome wife that let me get away with naming my daughter, and then she came up with our son's name. Hopefully one day they can appreciate their names:)

"Can't buy what I want because it's free" E.V.
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    named my son Lukin. Just found out have another one on the way see what we can come with next
  • ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    Considering my age.. uhm.. (a few months from Eddie's bday)... I was sorta named for Cathy's Clown..but I have indeed named critters bushleager, jeremy, and of course, old lady sitting behind a counter. My pets are Rats, so thereya go. I also have chinchillas, so I give them cute goofy names like Sid and Marty Kroft characters. My dog and cats are named by the musician husband after all famous jazz musicians. (Guess what he does?)
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    named my son Lukin. Just found out have another one on the way see what we can come with next
    ''Congratulations!!!!!!
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • lcusicklcusick Posts: 310
    I had a student in my classroom named Stone. His father verified that he named his son after Stone because he loves PJ. My one friend named her son Jeremy because of Pearl Jam. Another friend of mines named his dog McCready.
  • Vedder1029Vedder1029 Posts: 179
    We named our son Stone. Also have a dog named Pearl!
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Congrats,
    Easy answer JEREMY
    A Little more edgy TREMOR
  • My seven year old's name is Cameron Stone. Just a coincidence ;-)
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    My cat is Juniper McCready ... (was already named Juniper when I adopted her from the SPCA, and it stuck).
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."