Options

2003 leg 1 boots available on I tunes!!!

mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
edited August 2013 in The Porch
Whoa! Going to download Denver!
I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Well, this complicates things now doesn't it...

Do we have to remove all our download links?
  • Options
    I just looked after you posted this, and it looks like they have added the Europe 2000 & South America 2013 boots as well. They are charging $10.99 per show.
  • Options
    Europe 2000.....oh wow
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    Wonder if they will add them on the 10C store

Haven't checked yet either but wonder if any songs are missing. Weren't the 06 boots missing songs?
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    october22 wrote:
    Well, this complicates things now doesn't it...

Yeah a lot of work is due. Checking, comparing, listing, grinding... Sweating all the way. :x :lol:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    october22 wrote:

From my understanding, we can't post any direct download links, if the product is still available for sale. Though i've seen many '06 direct download links posted publicly here during their sale on iTunes but they weren't taken down.

So I'm not 100% sure what the "official" rule is. :|
  • Options
    soopsoop Posts: 191
    What kind of cover art do these new iTunes versions have? Been looking for good art for the 2000-2003 tours for a long time.
  • Options
    It think it is time we enter into the modern era and that PJ releases all the live catalog on a PJ special edition hard drive or usb key (similar to The Beatles releasing their albums on a usb apple-shape).

We would then all become member of the Black Box Society! ;)

That would be great.
  • Options
    BrainOfMABrainOfMA Posts: 553
    Did anyone else have a tracklist problem with downloading June 16 Katowice 2000 show? The songs do not correspond with the name listed. They are incorrect up to Leatherman
    2013 : London, Buffalo
    Too bad the boots are only available in AAC/MP3 (lossy) format. I wish they'd release them in lossless format like ALC if they're using iTunes.

I wonder what the band's position on trading these older boots will be now? Technically these shows are for sale again, but I'd still prefer the lossless versions you can get via trade instead of these MP3/AAC versions.
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    I think you really have to be a fool to spend 10 dollars on crappy mp3 versions of 2000 and 2003 boots, when the lossless versions directly ripped from the original boots have been around for years and years, for free (and with the band permission).. not that I don't want to spend money on music (I have them all on Cd) but i just don't understand this iTunes thing..
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I hate iTunes I refuse to use it.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    Jammalambo wrote:
    I think you really have to be a fool to spend 10 dollars on crappy mp3 versions of 2000 and 2003 boots, when the lossless versions directly ripped from the original boots have been around for years and years, for free (and with the band permission).. not that I don't want to spend money on music (I have them all on Cd) but i just don't understand this iTunes thing..

I agree. It's not like the band has been taken advantage of for all these years. We had explicit permission to share them for free even on their own message board. Can't even make a quality argument because many people were offering lossless! Can't make an "access" argument because anyone who can purchase and download from itunes can download elsewhere. I wanted to find some way in which the consumer wins in this case but there just isn't one.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Sometimes, I think people on this board assume anyone and everyone that likes PJ is either a die hard 10c member, or is a hard core fan and also an audiophile.

Chances are, the I tunes release could just be directed to the casual fan that may download a show when they stumble across it. Nothing more than that, no need to over analyze it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    These shows have and are available, soundboard quality, for free on multiple other sites. Not sure why everyone is excited to get to buy them all of a sudden. I've had all these and many more downloaded for years. Do some searches. They are out there
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Sometimes, I think people on this board assume anyone and everyone that likes PJ is either a die hard 10c member, or is a hard core fan and also an audiophile.

Chances are, the I tunes release could just be directed to the casual fan that may download a show when they stumble across it. Nothing more than that, no need to over analyze it.

Fair point.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    youngster wrote:
    These shows have and are available, soundboard quality, for free on multiple other sites. Not sure why everyone is excited to get to buy them all of a sudden. I've had all these and many more downloaded for years. Do some searches. They are out there

Exactly. I'm guessing this is more for the casual fan or the people that search iTunes just to see what's new...someone may come along and go "Oh yeah, I was at that show and now it's available."

Hardcores? Yeah, we know where to find the shows.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    youngster wrote:

Exactly. I'm guessing this is more for the casual fan or the people that search iTunes just to see what's new...someone may come along and go "Oh yeah, I was at that show and now it's available."

Hardcores? Yeah, we know where to find the shows.

I agree the iTunes releases are more for the casual fan. My point was simply that this shouldn't change the band's policy on allowing trading of Lossless versions of these shows. It would be a shame to say no trading of these shows now that they are selling MP3 versions on iTunes. Just seems like there's some ambiguity in their policy now.

Now if they sell Lossless versions at some point, whether iTunes or Livedownloads.com or what, then I agree that these shows shouldn't be traded anymore.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,848
    youngster wrote:

Yea I already got most of the boots I want free and legally.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    CC252CC252 Posts: 61
    How many threads pop up with people asking for help in extracting zipped files, converting to different formats etc??? Some people just want to be able to download a show and copy it straight to their apple device without all the associated hassle of downloading from other sources, and if they have to pay 11 bucks to do so, then so be it.

People have mentioned the 'casual fan', but can you really see the casual fan thinking to themselves 'I think I'll download the Glasgow show from June 2000 today?!'
    Manchester - Torino - London - Amsterdam - Leeds - Praha
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    DURP wrote:
    I hate iTunes I refuse to use it.

+1
    youngster wrote:

+1

I'm 4 away from completing the 2003 boots, wish they would re-release them on cd instead of jumping into bed with iTunes.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    ldatspjldatspj Posts: 91
    BrainOfMA wrote:
    Did anyone else have a tracklist problem with downloading June 16 Katowice 2000 show? The songs do not correspond with the name listed. They are incorrect up to Leatherman
    I did! Emailed 10c , they said contact itunes! I did they said get back to me in 48 hrs!!
  • Options
    marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    I for one wouldn't mind them putting the current stuff up on itunes like they do with the 10c a few days after the shows. I am not picky about mp3 vs Flac or any other format. I just am more likely do click a button and download it on itunes rather than going through the 10c and logging in, putting payment info etc. Itunes is basically i touch ordering and 2 minutes later you have your album downloaded. I would like to see more vault shows on a regular basis, pre 2000 stuff. Maybe release 1 per month or something
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    I like this tho' works out at over $13 here in the UK. Really easy to download onto iPhone and bingo. Or State College to be precise.

Btw- Can someone explain 'lossless' that people are talking about? I am pretty clueless in this realm mind you.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    CC252 wrote:
    How many threads pop up with people asking for help in extracting zipped files, converting to different formats etc??? Some people just want to be able to download a show and copy it straight to their apple device without all the associated hassle of downloading from other sources, and if they have to pay 11 bucks to do so, then '
    +1
    And I do care about audio quality but sometimes I just want a song or show or album without jumping through hoopes to get it ya know?
  • Options
    CC252 wrote:
    How many threads pop up with people asking for help in extracting zipped files, converting to different formats etc??? Some people just want to be able to download a show and copy it straight to their apple device without all the associated hassle of downloading from other sources, and if they have to pay 11 bucks to do so, then so be it.

People have mentioned the 'casual fan', but can you really see the casual fan thinking to themselves 'I think I'll download the Glasgow show from June 2000 today?!'
    Maybe a casual fan from the Glasgow show was pumped to see it and downloaded it. Again these are now easily accessible for a measle 11 bucks. The band is rereleasing these boots. No harm no foul
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Yeah, but how can you not notice the difference?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    So with everything already said about audio quality...
    What are the best shows/boots out of this new list. 2000/2003?

I've heard of the State College one but haven't listened to it. Any thoughts? I'm always looking for their better boots and I'm not looking to get every one.

Also, how do these differ from the current 10C digital boots? To me, even the current 10C mp3 ones sound a little better than some of the itunes previews but that could be an improvement on the recording side nowadays.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    CrookedTomCrookedTom Posts: 252
    estarr31 wrote:
    So with everything already said about audio quality...
    What are the best shows/boots out of this new list. 2000/2003?

I've heard of the State College one but haven't listened to it. Any thoughts? I'm always looking for their better boots and I'm not looking to get every one.

Also, how do these differ from the current 10C digital boots? To me, even the current 10C mp3 ones sound a little better than some of the itunes previews but that could be an improvement on the recording side nowadays.

Europe 2000 to this day, are probably my favourite batch of boots. You need to crank the bass up, and the volume, but the band are just on fire . San Sebastian, Milan, Cardiff, Hamburg are the best.