Options

dating an ex

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Both of you are classless for hooking up at the wedding i hope the good guy finds out and throws her ass in the garbage so you can end up together at least you guys have something in common , trash ...
    :shock: Why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lol: :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I see things from a different point of view than most and I will probably be berated for this but...I think that sometimes we break up with people on impulse because we are hurt at the time. Then once you start seeing other people you may realize that was your true love and you may be content but are missing something. People make mistakes. I think if you have a chance to get back with her and you truly love her and think she is the one, go for it. neither of you are trash for hooking up, obviously there is still chemisty and you couldn't help yourselves. That tells you something. For someone that had love and lost it, I would do anything to get it back so if you have a chance HAIL HAIL!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I see things from a different point of view than most and I will probably be berated for this but...I think that sometimes we break up with people on impulse because we are hurt at the time. Then once you start seeing other people you may realize that was your true love and you may be content but are missing something. People make mistakes. I think if you have a chance to get back with her and you truly love her and think she is the one, go for it. neither of you are trash for hooking up, obviously there is still chemisty and you couldn't help yourselves. That tells you something. For someone that had love and lost it, I would do anything to get it back so if you have a chance HAIL HAIL!

I see your point, but he should have waited for her to break-up with her current BF before messing around with other people, her BF is gonna find out about this at some point or another, and that's gonna really suck for ALL parties involved. Or is she truly wants to be with him, she should come clean and break-up with her BF.

BamBam is a cool dude, I wish him the best.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Not gonna berate you (great username, btw), but to go for it?

So good guy gets hurt in the process?

What if his ex and good guy had a child? Would that make a difference?

What if his ex was married to good guy? Would that make a difference?

Second chances are a beautiful thing, but to fuck over someone else (an innocent someone else) in the process?

Sometimes we have to live with the choices made, bad or regretful decisions included. Seems some folks are so into the ME mentality that it doesn't matter how they get what they want, as long as they get it. Others be damned!
  • Options
    Still no excuse for fucking around with someone else's girlfriend. The is never an excuse for cheating or knowingly being the one someone is cheating with. :nono: :nono: If she feels strongly about it, then she could dump her poor BF first, and then they can have at it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Of course if marriage and children are involved it gets more complicated. I don't think that was the case in this scenario.

If the girl is into her ex, why would the other dude even want to be with her in the first place? She breaks it off with him and he is better off in the long run.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,152
    this is kind of a sticky situation.

to me, an ex is an ex for a reason. once they are my ex, i can not go back. something emotionally inside of me will not allow it for some reason. if i break up with them it is because something is not working out for some reason. when i get dumped it is usually because they leave me for someone else lol....i have always been good at breaking up or getting dumped and never looking back. i can see how others might go back, comfort, familiarity, etc, but as far as i am concerned, like in ufc, you only get one shot at the title...and by title, i of course mean me...

god i am a cheeseball...

:fp: :lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Not gonna berate you (great username, btw), but to go for it?

Yes, my last name is Baum so found it very appropriate :D:D
  • Options
    Of course if marriage and children are involved it gets more complicated. I don't think that was the case in this scenario.

If the girl is into her ex, why would the other dude even want to be with her in the first place? She breaks it off with him and he is better off in the long run.
    Yeah, but not breaking it off before screwing around with another guy is HURTFUL and a betrayal of his trust no matter where their relationship stands, assuming it is presumed to be monogamous. It's cruel and dishonest, and never ever okay. And it's never ever okay to screw with another man's girl (or another girl's man). It's slimy.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I am truly impressed with the morale that is being expressed in the responses to this disasterous situation!! I feel very sorry for the " good guy" that's dating this woman, who obviously doesn't respect him enough to remain faithful.. Nor does the OP seem to respect the woman enough to allow her to be faithful. There's just a whole lot of disrespect, and nonchalant disregard for other people's feelings going on in that whole thing.. I really do feel bad for the guy that ended up with a girl that would blatantly disrespect him like that.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Both of you are classless for hooking up at the wedding i hope the good guy finds out and throws her ass in the garbage so you can end up together at least you guys have something in common , trash ...

CLASSIC!
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

this
  • Options
    I am truly impressed with the morale that is being expressed in the responses to this disasterous situation!! I feel very sorry for the " good guy" that's dating this woman, who obviously doesn't respect him enough to remain faithful.. Nor does the OP seem to respect the woman enough to allow her to be faithful. There's just a whole lot of disrespect, and nonchalant disregard for other people's feelings going on in that whole thing.. I really do feel bad for the guy that ended up with a girl that would blatantly disrespect him like that.

:wave: Where have you been? Haven't seen you around lately (maybe it's just me). :)
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, but not breaking it off before screwing around with another guy is HURTFUL and a betrayal of his trust no matter where their relationship stands, assuming it is presumed to be monogamous. It's cruel and dishonest, and never ever okay. And it's never ever okay to screw with another man's girl (or another girl's man). It's slimy.
    I agree. The issue to me seems less about "should you ever get back together with an ex" (which works for some people and doesn't work for others) but lack of respect for the girl's current relationship. If she's truly unhappy in the relationship, she should either try to fix it or get out of it rather than cheating on her boyfriend. I don't see how messing around could be helpful in any way.

And I swear, I still can't get over this happening at a wedding. At least half the people there must have figured out what was going on. A group of people with lots of mutual acquaintances--how long is that going to be a secret. :roll: :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I agree. The issue to me seems less about "should you ever get back together with an ex" (which works for some people and doesn't work for others) but lack of respect for the girl's current relationship. If she's truly unhappy in the relationship, she should either try to fix it or get out of it rather than cheating on her boyfriend. I don't see how messing around could be helpful in any way.

And I swear, I still can't get over this happening at a wedding. At least half the people there must have figured out what was going on. A group of people with lots of mutual acquaintances--how long is that going to be a secret. :roll: :lol:

Yep. Very indiscreet. A lot of people actually try and figure out who is hooking up at a wedding as a form of entertainment. Highly unlikely that it went unnoticed... which is a further level of disrespect to the good guy boyfriend.
  • Options
    bambam87bambam87 Posts: 545
    ok. looks like its official.. im a piece of trash. and very deserving of the it.
    im sure she seems like a slut and in your eyes and nothing I say to defend her will matter to you.

but I know how I feel about her and I know how she feels about me. I made a mistake letting her go and was angry with her for 2 years before I really realized it was mostly my fault.

somebody asked why her bf didn't go to the wedding.. "he didn't feel like going". she is leaving him because of what happened and I believe planning on telling him the truth. yes, he will be hurt and I will always feel ashamed and embarrassed from it

not that it makes a difference but it was after the wedding and nobody knows, fact

thanks for the few that understood, obviously me and her will have some things to talk about but I cant wait to have her back in my life

for everybody else that calls us trash and wants her to cheat on me then give me herpes and watch us die a slow painful death.. that's cool too, i get it.

im gonna go get me some milk
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    bambam87 wrote:
    ok. looks like its official.. im a piece of trash. and very deserving of the it.
    im sure she seems like a slut and in your eyes and nothing I say to defend her will matter to you.

but I know how I feel about her and I know how she feels about me. I made a mistake letting her go and was angry with her for 2 years before I really realized it was mostly my fault.

somebody asked why her bf didn't go to the wedding.. "he didn't feel like going". she is leaving him because of what happened and I believe planning on telling him the truth. yes, he will be hurt and I will always feel ashamed and embarrassed from it

not that it makes a difference but it was after the wedding and nobody knows, fact

thanks for the few that understood, obviously me and her will have some things to talk about but I cant wait to have her back in my life

for everybody else that calls us trash and wants her to cheat on me then give me herpes and watch us die a slow painful death.. that's cool too, i get it.

Wow :shock: this is the first time I've read this thread. Life is not black and white and neither are relationships. People make mistakes and sometimes people get hurt in the process but you live and learn and work out what you want from life. You do what you feel is right and I wish you the best of luck. No one knows your relationship with her better than you do. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:wave: Where have you been? Haven't seen you around lately (maybe it's just me). :)
    Been alot of stupid shit going on in my world.. Plus I've been playing with the FB people.. Too freakin funny over there!
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited August 2013
    I think you should give this relationship, between you and her one more chance :D because you two can't forget about each other..
    And if she loves you more than the boyfriend she has now, maybe he as well should find someone else..that loves him the most :D
    Good luck!
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    bambam87 wrote:

Seriously? You are going to soil the purity and sanctity of milk?
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Well, bambam, if it got a bit judgmental in here, that's what can happen if you throw out a question on the internet.

If the 2 of you want to make a go of it, and it sounds like you're going about it in an honest and open way, then I sincerely wish you happiness. I'm not someone who would tell you never to date an ex. My boyfriend and I dated for 2 years, then he broke up with me and hurt me a lot. Six months later, I was ready to move on but he came back and said he'd made a huge mistake. After some persuading, we got back together and flash forward, now we've been married for pretty much our entire lives.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    bambam87 wrote:

i thought that was her job at your relationship...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    bambam87 wrote:

I would never wish a hair piece on anyone!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    MayDay10 wrote:
    thread is useless without pics
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    this thread got way harsh..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    bambam87bambam87 Posts: 545
    ha.. its alright..ive ben around here. I knew it wasn't gonna be pretty
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    is she hot?