Food while on tour......

Comments

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    FrankY59 wrote:
    Your local WENDY'S:

Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger

It's THAT good!

it would be BETTER if they would let me just order the bun with cheese!!! :x
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
    Caveeze wrote:
    food is for wimps ;) Beer and cigarettes are all you need ;)

Hopefully you carry gum with you for beer and cigarette breath!!! :? :lol:

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Caveeze wrote:

D'oh! I don't do beer & cigarettes. :(

Any local Greek restaurants from Portland to Seattle tour you would recommend to check out?
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    demetrios wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

D'oh! I don't do beer & cigarettes. :(

Any local Greek restaurants from Portland to Seattle tour you would recommend to check out?

in america greek restaurants are called Diners and they are everywhere.
    "Scramble three medium with cheese, well done bacon and well done home fries and dry rye toast please." ;)
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Great cheap eats in Philly:

Federal Donuts (Center City and South PhillY) - http://www.federaldonuts.com/main/
    - donuts, chicken, and more

DiNic's (Reading Terminal Market) - http://tommydinics.com/
    - won Travel Channel's best sandwich in America for it's Roast Pork hoagie

Reading Terminal Market is UNREAL! Try to go when the Amish section is open as they have some incredible stuff. The Amish Diner has the best breakfast on the East Coast, nyc included. The eggs, milk, bread.... all of it, is fresh off the farm 100 miles north.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    rssesq wrote:
    Great cheap eats in Philly:

Federal Donuts (Center City and South PhillY) - http://www.federaldonuts.com/main/
    - donuts, chicken, and more

DiNic's (Reading Terminal Market) - http://tommydinics.com/
    - won Travel Channel's best sandwich in America for it's Roast Pork hoagie

Reading Terminal Market is UNREAL! Try to go when the Amish section is open as they have some incredible stuff. The Amish Diner has the best breakfast on the East Coast, nyc included. The eggs, milk, bread.... all of it, is fresh off the farm 100 miles north.

Reading Terminal Market: if traveling to philly... and if you like food... the reading terminal market is one of the great foodie spots in the country and is definitely a must stop if you have the time... the weekends it gets insane packed but since these shows are on weekdays this is a great opportunity for you to check it out... they have everything you could imagaine, plus more...

frankly any roast pork sandwich in the city is the better chpice then the iconic cheesesteak in my opinion, and dinics at the market is right on top of the list...

http://www.readingterminalmarket.org/

and if you like something a little less crowded, a little smaller, with great food and a great beer selection, check out this little gem in south philly, Hawthornes... i have only been there a few times but i can definitely vouch for this joint

http://hawthornecafe.com/
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Great thread!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited August 2013
    Brooklyn

All the pizza places you already know about (Juliana's, Grimaldi's, Di Fara, Lucali, Spumoni Gardens, etc.) plus:

Henry Public: for the turkey leg sandwich -- it's one of the best damn sandwiches I've ever had.
    Buttermilk Channel: for Doug's pecan pie sundae -- also, their duck meatloaf is insane.
    Bar Tabac: a great neighborhood bistro with great bistro staples (steak frites, duck confit, coq au vin, moules frites, etc.).
    Brucie: menu changes every day depending on what's fresh at the market, making for a very special and memorable meal.
    Char No. 4, good fatty food and all the bourbon a person could dream of -- the pancakes for brunch are dynamite.
    two8two burger, their sauce is the closest thing you'll get to In-N-Out, and their burgers are sized so that you don't feel like taking a nap after eating one.
    Red Rose, a classic red-sauce joint.
    The Good Fork, one of the best meals I've ever had was here -- worth the trip on the B61, and Red Hook could use your business.
    Defonte's, also worth the trip on the B61 -- if you need a boozemop on Saturday, the potato & egg will right the ship (closed Sunday).
    Le Gamin, another good neighborhood bistro that's a little closer to Barclays.

PM me for more. I could go on all day.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    I love food :corn: . They don't call me Fat Bastard at my firehouse for nothing :shifty: .
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
    Eraserhead wrote:
    Any good gluten-free places on the West Coast from San Diego to Seattle? :)

I added one Gluten free place to the first post, under the L.A section. It is literally 3 minute walk from venue! If you have G.A and are in line all day.....maybe somebody can save your spot and you can go grab some grub! :D

Thanks for all the suggestions, everybody! I'm going to keep updating the first post in case there are lazy people that don't want to search! :lol:

• Brooklyn...

So where is a Kick Ass NYC Deli...
    Where I can roll in there about noon on Sunday....
    And get a corned beef on rye...
    A bowl of soup...
    And a diet fucking Coke????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Brooklyn...

A bowl of soup...
    Done.

http://katzsdelicatessen.com/
  • Brooklyn...

A bowl of soup...
    Done.

http://katzsdelicatessen.com/
    $15.95 for a corned beef sandwich???

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • $15.95 for corned beef?
    $6 for as bowl of soup??

YIKES!!!

Do I get to bang the waitress??

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • cfbd68cfbd68 Posts: 228
    Brooklyn...

A bowl of soup...

2nd Ave Deli is very good also. But you don't get to hear Meg Ryan fake an orgasm there :shifty:
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder, to find an approach and a way to live
    Constant Recoil..Sometimes life, Don't leave you alone
    When the anxious is the present, unwrap your gifts, take your time
    cfbd68 wrote:
    Brooklyn...

A bowl of soup...

2nd Ave Deli is very good also. But you don't get to hear Meg Ryan fake an orgasm there :shifty:

Junior's is closer to the venue, and you can house a hunk of cheesecake to keep your corned beef sandwich company.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • cfbd68 wrote:
    Brooklyn...

A bowl of soup...

Im going to be on a 36 hour eating/drinking binge...

I found some rental joint in New York where 6 of us can rent a luxury van for 12 hours Saturday for like $600.
    We can be chauffeured throughout the city, hit every watering hole in Brooklyn, get dropped off at the venue, and picked up at the venue.

You interested?
    Or do you have a better plan?
    cfbd68 wrote:
    Brooklyn...

A bowl of soup...

Im going to be on a 36 hour eating/drinking binge...

I found some rental joint in New York where 6 of us can rent a luxury van for 12 hours Saturday for like $600.
    We can be chauffeured throughout the city, hit every watering hole in Brooklyn, get dropped off at the venue, and picked up at the venue.

You interested?
    Or do you have a better plan?

Speedy,

Assuming you don't have a bum wheel, there are plenty of watering holes and eating establishments within walking distance of Barclays. Save your money, fella.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would be willing to show you around.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind wrote:

Speedy,

Assuming you don't have a bum wheel, there are plenty of watering holes and eating establishments within walking distance of Barclays. Save your money, fella.

There are 3 of us traveling together, and there may be one or 2 more. I MUST go see The Statue Of Liberty, Ground Zero, and The Empire State Building (minimum). I don't want to put anyone out, or cram ourselves into cars and taxis and subways. For $100 or so a person, we can be driven around in comfort.

I don't know.
    Its just an idea.
    That will probably change 1,263 times before Oct. 19th. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    There are 3 of us traveling together, and there may be one or 2 more. I MUST go see The Statue Of Liberty, Ground Zero, and The Empire State Building (minimum). I don't want to put anyone out, or cram ourselves into cars and taxis and subways. For $100 or so a person, we can be driven around in comfort.

I don't know.
    Its just an idea.
    That will probably change 1,263 times before Oct. 19th. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:
    Nice shirt.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited August 2013
    In Vancouver:

Tacofino (Very casual and incredibly delicious!! Good service too... might have to line up - the place is tiny with shared tables; well worth it!) - http://tacofinocommissary.com/

Yaletown Brewing Company (casual with a restaurant side and a bar side - more for beer lovers than food, but the food, particularly the pizza, is good too) - http://www.drinkfreshbeer.com/yaletown.html

Blue Water Cafe (for very good seafood including raw - fairly pricey) - http://bluewatercafe.net/

Cin Cin (modern italian... fancy pants five star) - http://cincin.net/

Vij's (outrageously good high-end Indian cuisine. Vikram Vij is a major player in the culinary world, and his restaurant justifies it. Expensive and totally worth it) - http://www.vijs.ca/
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    dankind wrote:

Speedy,

I don't know.
    Its just an idea.
    I recommend going and checking out St. Paul's Chapel. It's across the street from Ground Zero. It's amazing - the graveyard pretty much goes back to the founding of New York, and the fact that the little church survived 9/11 when nothing near it did is pretty incredible. It was one of my favorite things in NYC. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Im NOT doing any Fancy Schmancy places in NYC..

I want local Pizza
    Corned Beef/Pastrami and soup
    I need someone to take me to a local breakfast joint.

I am not eating any $100 steaks or $150 seafood.
    Just show me some good local joints.
    Im NOT doing any Fancy Schmancy places in NYC..

I want local Pizza

Bleeker Street in Greenwich Village is basically lined with little bars and restaurants, and all were cool, especially the bars. :P
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

I want local Pizza

Bleeker Street in Greenwich Village is basically lined with little bars and restaurants, and all were cool, especially the bars. :P
    I wanna go to Hell's Kitchen.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I want local Pizza

I wanna go to Hell's Kitchen.
    I did too, but didn't have time. :(
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

I want local Pizza

http://www.eggrestaurant.com/

Looks very promising.

:P
    Nice shirt.
  • Im NOT doing any Fancy Schmancy places in NYC..

I want local Pizza

http://www.eggrestaurant.com/

Looks very promising.

:P
    :corn:
    dankind wrote:

Speedy,

I don't know.
    Its just an idea.

OK, depending on how you want to see those places, it might be really tough to do all three, even with a $600 chauffeur service. If you want to ride the elevator to the observation deck of the Empire State Building, you have to get up at the buttcrack of dawn and stand in line for an hour or so to get there before all the other knuckleheads get there, making your wait even longer. If you just want to see it, that's free and easy to do from any semi-open spot in NYC. If you want to get really close to it, that's easy enough, too. And if you do that, be sure to melt some ice cubes at Foley's across the street, an old-timey bar for sportswriters that's like a museum.

A lot of that goes for the Statue of Liberty, too. If you want to actually take the Ferry to Liberty Island and get all up in that bitch, it's the old buttcrack of dawn routine again. If you just want to see it, well, that can be done from many vantage points. If you want to get close, the Staten Island Ferry goes right by her, and it's free.

Ground Zero. If you want to go to the ticketed memorial, buttcrack again. If you just want to see it, that's easy enough.

I see all three every day. I work in the Financial District and commute by riding my bike over the Brooklyn Bridge and back. On the way to work, Empire is to my right and the Lady Liberty is to my left. On the way back, reverse it. I walk by Ground Zero during my lunch break most days. So, taking a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge to Ground Zero is a way to do everything -- plus, you're taking a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • The Woo-Coney Island Hot dogs! so amazing!