Ebay

inmyohiotreeinmyohiotree Posts: 329
edited August 2013 in The Porch
Can you trust people on Ebay?????? Any bad issues to report. I'd hate to drive to NYC from Cleveland and get screwed!!!
Brooklyn 1,2 13
Chicago EV 08 11 13
Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
Cincinatti 06
Columbus 00 03 10
Detroit 06 EV 11 14
Grand Rapids 06
Hershey 03
Jacksonville EV 12
Moline 14
Montreal 05
Milwaukee EV 08
Nobelsville 03
Ottawa 05
Pittsburgh 06 13
Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Can you trust people on Ebay?????? Any bad issues to report. I'd hate to drive to NYC from Cleveland and get screwed!!!

It's always a little iffy, did you get hard tickets, home printed tickets?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • there hard tickets and ill save about 200 bucks
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    arq wrote:

Yeah, always get printed when you can. Also does eBay have a guarantee like StubHub? Have the customer service number with you just in case. I know StubHub will try to replace tickets and worse case they will refund your money which I know will not be helpful to you.

There's always a risk with the secondary market but if I were to do it I'd go the StubHub route.
  • haven't bought them yet our hotel is booked but no tickets lol
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • Suziemay wrote:
    arq wrote:

Yeah, always get printed when you can. Also does eBay have a guarantee like StubHub? Have the customer service number with you just in case. I know StubHub will try to replace tickets and worse case they will refund your money which I know will not be helpful to you.

There's always a risk with the secondary market but if I were to do it I'd go the StubHub route.
    yea I got email tickets for ev at Chicago. I was a nervous wreck but it all worked out but that was from stubhub
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
    Do they have a good rating and do they have a lot of recent history? If they do, chances are they want to continue to be able to sell so they wouldn't screw you over. I'd be more suspicious of people with few or no ratings.
  • Suziemay wrote:
    Do they have a good rating and do they have a lot of recent history? If they do, chances are they want to continue to be able to sell so they wouldn't screw you over. I'd be more suspicious of people with few or no ratings.
    They have a 100 percent with a score of 168. They are not power sellers but all the reviews seemed great.
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 960
    I once sold a ticket for MIA festival on eBay (for face value) and PayPal did not make my funds from this sale available to me until after the festival. The funds were on hold for about three weeks, to protect the buyer I guess. I don't know if this is a standard procedure though. I would e-mail eBay before buying any tickets and ask them how the buyers are protected when purchasing tickets.
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • I once sold a ticket for MIA festival on eBay (for face value) and PayPal did not make my funds from this sale available to me until after the festival. The funds were on hold for about three weeks, to protect the buyer I guess. I don't know if this is a standard procedure though. I would e-mail eBay before buying any tickets and ask them how the buyers are protected when purchasing tickets.
    Thanks I will try that route :D
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I once sold a ticket for MIA festival on eBay (for face value) and PayPal did not make my funds from this sale available to me until after the festival. The funds were on hold for about three weeks, to protect the buyer I guess. I don't know if this is a standard procedure though. I would e-mail eBay before buying any tickets and ask them how the buyers are protected when purchasing tickets.

They recently changed this and I get my funds ASAP. Maybe you have to be a confirmed customer or something I am not sure? But I know when I sell something it goes right into my Paypal now as opposed to last year.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
    Suziemay wrote:
    They have a 100 percent with a score of 168. They are not power sellers but all the reviews seemed great.
    I'd say do the research you need (i.e., look at their past listings, read the reviews etc) and follow your gut. If you're not comfortable for whatever reason then don't do it.

I haven't bought concert tickets but I've bought stuff on eBay before after pouring through their reviews and I've generally been pleased :D

I think you might be protected by PayPal guarantee as GirlLovesPJ points out however this won't help you if you're stuck at the door at Barclays trying to get in and your ticket doesn't work. All they can do is make sure you get your money back. But yeah check with eBay!
  • Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'd say do the research you need (i.e., look at their past listings, read the reviews etc) and follow your gut. If you're not comfortable for whatever reason then don't do it.

I haven't bought concert tickets but I've bought stuff on eBay before after pouring through their reviews and I've generally been pleased :D

I think you might be protected by PayPal guarantee as GirlLovesPJ points out however this won't help you if you're stuck at the door at Barclays trying to get in and your ticket doesn't work. All they can do is make sure you get your money back. But yeah check with eBay!

but you only have 45 days from the sale date to dispute through paypal, if the tickets proved to be bootleg If you use your checking account to make the paypal payment you may be out of luck, so use the cc through paypal. if paypal rejects the claim you can always dispute through your cc co. only problem is the tour is over 45 days away. so if you buy now you wont be able to dispute at showtime...if the tickets are bogus. personally id stay away from ebay, but thats just me
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    but you only have 45 days from the sale date to dispute through paypal, if the tickets proved to be bootleg If you use your checking account to make the paypal payment you may be out of luck, so use the cc through paypal. if paypal rejects the claim you can always dispute through your cc co. only problem is the tour is over 45 days away. so if you buy now you wont be able to dispute at showtime...if the tickets are bogus. personally id stay away from ebay, but thats just me

PSA: FWIW, the PayPal dispute system is a total sham. If the seller has removed the funds from their account, and you win the dispute, you will never see the money because PayPal will pull some crap about not being able to retrieve the funds. If you purchase with PayPal, use a credit card source, that way you can deal with your credit card people if you get screwed.
  • I've only ever had one problem on Ebay, and it was years ago. PayPal refunded my money for the item I never received. As long as their feedback is good, you should be fine.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's