Options

Will I remain a proud 10c member?

goldzeppgoldzepp Posts: 60
edited August 2013 in The Porch
Maybe I haven't been a member the longest, maybe I haven't been listening to the band the longest, maybe I haven't been to the most shows, maybe I haven't been a part of the best shows, maybe I don't have the lowest number, maybe I wanted to go to several shows this tour, maybe I long for the PJ concert experience.......

None of it matters because I got a hot unlubrictaed shaft straight up my bum for all shows I tried for. Then I had to sit here like an ass trying to buy tickets on a shithole third party vendors' (which, the band themselves decided to bring to court at one point) website in hopes I would score something.

I got dicked, as I am sure many of you also did.

I'm not livid. I'm not tossing out colorful language or beating me computer into submission. I'm not ready to sell my first born or spare kidney to the highest bidder so I can get some decent seats on Stubhub.

I am disappointed.

I am feeling a bit betrayed by what is referred to as a fan club.

We support you and you failed us.

I am ashamed of you now.

Regretfully Yours,
10c Member xxxxxxx Whom Will (possibly) NOT be Renewing
'03 Montreal
'03 MSG1
'03 MSG2
'06 East Rutherford, NJ.
'08 MSG2
'08 Hartford
'09 Chicago
'09 Philly 3
'09 Philly 4
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    It seems like most seats bought through public onsale aren't fantastic. How do I interpret this? That the 10club did acquire the best seats for their fanclub members.

I'm not ashamed of the 10club at all if that's the case.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    mr_perfectmr_perfect Posts: 144
    if youre 100k or over makes no difference to me...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i need a drink
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    i need a drink

:lol:

Cheers, my friend!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    goldzepp wrote:

I'm not tossing out colorful language
    I beg to differ..
    goldzepp wrote:

None of it matters because I got a hot unlubrictaed shaft straight up my bum for all shows I tried for. Then I had to sit here like an ass trying to buy tickets on a shithole third party vendors' (which, the band themselves decided to bring to court at one point) website in hopes I would score something.

I got dicked, as I am sure many of you also did.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Smaller arenas.

10C gets their share.
    Scalpers get their share
    Band gets their share
    + High Demand

=

Not much left over for public sale.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Another butt-hurt individual that I won't have to associate with as part of the 10C anymore? Good
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    The lottery made people soft.

Some of us got tickets easily to every show we wanted this morning. Sweet karma!
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    i need a drink
    My sister is having one for us both!! I am getting ready for work. She has said she wishes she coulda met you! Hahaha!! She a shoulda stayed with me!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I dunno
    seems like a lot of peeps got tixs to shows that are traditionally very difficult

were you expecting to get 4 tickets in the 100s for a weekend show? :lol::lol:
  • Options
    i need a drink
    My sister is having one for us both!! I am getting ready for work. She has said she wishes she coulda met you! Hahaha!! She a shoulda stayed with me!
    ole!!! :wave:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    I dunno
    seems like a lot of peeps got tixs to shows that are traditionally very difficult

I wasn't expecting anything. I was hopeful I would at least get one of the four shows I tried for in the new sweepstakes style 10c ticketing. Following that epic fail, I was again hopeful for at least a pair of tickets to one of the aforementioned shows during the general sale.

However, judging by the responses I received so far it seems like I can just chaulk this round up to bad luck and some of you actually had some good experiences with the new system. So, I guess it's a good system and it should continue going forward?
    '03 Montreal
    '03 MSG1
    '03 MSG2
    '06 East Rutherford, NJ.
    '08 MSG2
    '08 Hartford
    '09 Chicago
    '09 Philly 3
    '09 Philly 4
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    goldzepp wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    I dunno

I wasn't expecting anything. I was hopeful I would at least get one of the four shows I tried for in the new sweepstakes style 10c ticketing. Following that epic fail, I was again hopeful for at least a pair of tickets to one of the aforementioned shows during the general sale.

However, judging by the responses I received so far it seems like I can just chaulk this round up to bad luck and some of you actually had some good experiences with the new system. So, I guess it's a good system and it should continue going forward?

Why should you care, I thought you were leaving?
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I'm on the same side as the OP, low number, only four shows, and even worse, I had to wait 14 years for the band visit my country, they said they would come soon, and 6 years passed before they did, and when they came back this year I read about this new love for southamerica, and I wondered "if that's love, I wonder what is hate", and that didn't keep me from renewing, and I'm renewing still this year...

Anyway, it's a pity you feel that way, it's hard to see that a fellow 10C member who has the will and the means to go to a show can't do it, but I don't necessarily see it as if the band or the fan club failed anybody, that's an overstatement, moreover, during the past two years many people got upset for not getting tickets to a show, or couldn't purchased a limited quantity item, and at that time they said the wouldn't renew their membership, but they are still here, many of them, and they are still bitching for some reason or another.
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Why do people feel the need to publicly address their reasons to resign from the Fan Club? I mean, air your grievences to the actual Fan Club personel, rather than telling the Fan Club community? Because basically... I believe that 99.9% of the Fan Club members don't give a fuck about it. The only thing about a 'Dear John' letter to the Fan Club... and cc'd to the membership does is make you look like a drama queen.
    And in many, if not most of the cases... the authors of these letters don't leave and renew their memberships.
    When I'm done... no one will know. I will just be gone. The Band will have to do something catostrophic, such as appearing as regular characters on The Kardasians or Honey Boo-Boo or become judges on that shitpile 'American Idol' before I quit. and I won't draft a melodramatic fare thee well to all, because seriously, if you STAY after something like that... in my opinion, you need some inner reflection.
    But, from where I am today... the Fan Club will probably disappear before I leave it.
    Good luck, to y'all.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    goldzepp wrote:

Make smart selections with your 10c choices (if your choices were GA brooklyn, GA worcester, GA hartford there is a good chance you will get nothing)
    Patience and a little know how when using TM
    Dont seek more than a pair, even go for a single for tough shows like brooklyn
    Dont be picky about your seats

You would have gotten into the show you wanted if you followed these guidelines. Im sure of it.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Why do people feel the need to publicly address their reasons to resign from the Fan Club? I mean, air your grievences to the actual Fan Club personel, rather than telling the Fan Club community? Because basically... I believe that 99.9% of the Fan Club members don't give a fuck about it. The only thing about a 'Dear John' letter to the Fan Club... and cc'd to the membership does is make you look like a drama queen.
    And in many, if not most of the cases... the authors of these letters don't leave and renew their memberships.
    When I'm done... no one will know. I will just be gone. The Band will have to do something catostrophic, such as appearing as regular characters on The Kardasians or Honey Boo-Boo or become judges on that shitpile 'American Idol' before I quit. and I won't draft a melodramatic fare thee well to all, because seriously, if you STAY after something like that... in my opinion, you need some inner reflection.
    But, from where I am today... the Fan Club will probably disappear before I leave it.
    Good luck, to y'all.

Hahaha, duly noted and well received.
    '03 Montreal
    '03 MSG1
    '03 MSG2
    '06 East Rutherford, NJ.
    '08 MSG2
    '08 Hartford
    '09 Chicago
    '09 Philly 3
    '09 Philly 4
  • Options
    Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    Hang in there goldzepp, your time will come. Wrigley was my 1 and only attempt and I have only been a member since last Novemer...BOOOOYAH!!!...2 tix for me and my good lady and a brilliant 4 days in Chicago, so as with all lotteries it is just luck :corn:
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,140
    Cosmo hit the nail on the head

win some lose some....dont be a lil girl about it
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:

He most certainly did.....

Apologies for the initial post reflecting too much frustration.....till next time....
    '03 Montreal
    '03 MSG1
    '03 MSG2
    '06 East Rutherford, NJ.
    '08 MSG2
    '08 Hartford
    '09 Chicago
    '09 Philly 3
    '09 Philly 4
  • Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371
    Is there anything we can say to talk you out of quitting? Actually.... LET the door hit you on the way out.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Good luck, to y'all.
    EPIC!
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Later, see ya when I see ya.
  • Options
    StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    CROJAM95 wrote:

If "you win some, you lose some" is an accepted mindset around here, then what was wrong with the old system?

Seems a little hypocritical.

Ticket buying isn't supposed to be fair. I was fine getting shut out with the old system, at least I had a chance.
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    This is what I don't understand. If you're not happy that's fine and yes it's okay to express your displeasure. But what I don't understand is why so many people go I'm done with being a member. Are you expecting the band to call you and beg you not to let your membership expire? Yeah getting shut out of tickets suck and I have had time to think about it. The new lottery is just like F5 only difference is you were physically at your computer pounding the F5 button into submission. F5 was a lottery it just wasn't called a lottery.

Sorry to hear you struck out that sucks. If you don't renew that is on you. But to throw it out there seems a bit dramatic.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    I generally blame the band and not the 10c.

Most of the problems are outside the 10c's control. Most venues of Arena/Stadium size have exclusive contracts with ticketing agencies (ticketmaster, livenation, or maybe regional one). Those ticket agencies have caps on how many tickets they will allow fan clubs to have. TM put a 10% of the venue rule in about 10 years ago. 10c used to get flexibility, but not so much anymore.

TM has all the power. You don't like it? play somewhere else? Except there is no where else. PJ barely pulled off that tour in '95 (and it fell apart) using non TM venues. I imagine a number of those venues now have monopoly run box offices.

For me it comes down to PJ not playing enough shows. There's considerable demand to see them live and the tours aren't big enough to alleviate it. You've got fans travelling from everywhere to see the small tours they do.

Foo Fighters (which I think are similiar in popularity) will tour for two years straight and they can still sell out show everywhere. How bad would there ticket demand be if they only did a 30 show tour every 3 or 4 years.... ouch!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,140
    CROJAM95 wrote:

If "you win some, you lose some" is an accepted mindset around here, then what was wrong with the old system?

Seems a little hypocritical.

Ticket buying isn't supposed to be fair. I was fine getting shut out with the old system, at least I had a chance.

Ill gladly go back

I was like 32/33 or something b4....only missing out on THE VIC which was crazy hard.

I won 2/9 shows this time around (oakland, la2)............shutout from Brooklyn which sucks cause its my hometown show. Its what they decided to do, and you gotta roll with it. PJ tickets are important, but there are other means of getting them. Not worth getting sick over, Petitions or constructive criticism is fine....acting like an incoherent baby and threatening to WALK, NO ONE CARES.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,841
    It's not the TC's fault that the fans bought all the tickets!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,841
    Zod wrote:
    Most of the problems are outside the 10c's control. Most venues of Arena/Stadium size have exclusive contracts with ticketing agencies (ticketmaster, livenation, or maybe regional one). Those ticket agencies have caps on how many tickets they will allow fan clubs to have. TM put a 10% of the venue rule in about 10 years ago. 10c used to get flexibility, but not so much anymore.

So a legit question: What does the venue/TM care if say TC had 100% of all the tickets? They'd still sell out the venues, right?
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    edited July 2013
    Not sure people understand what a lottery is. Some win, some lose. Not everyone will win the chance to get tickets through the 10 club. Especially high interest shows. Some lucky bastards will get tickets to all their shows, some will get tickets to none. Most will have them scattered in between.

Lottery: A process or thing whose success or outcome is governed by chance...

...not a conspiracy of the New World Order (Which right now includes the Free Masons, the 10Club, Stone and Boom (...but not Mike), Ticketmaster, that thing Jay-Z and Beyonce belong to, and the Muslim Brotherhood) to extricate any possibilty you may have to attend a Pearl Jam concert... at face value.
    Post edited by AzWicker on
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04