Wrigley

inmyohiotreeinmyohiotree Posts: 329
edited August 2013 in The Porch
I waited and let it all sink in before really commenting on the show. After being there and then listening to the boot I can say that I probaly can put wrigley in my top three. They really tried to make this one to remember and even with the weather delays I think they still did a pretty damn good job. Fucking Mike sounded the best Ive ever heard. The setlist was strange but right. I wouldnt have changed a thing. For those of us that were there I think you will agree that they did what they set out to do. Wrigley will be one of those strange( but a good strange) nights that we won't forget. Hats off to the boys because I dont think any other fucking band would have pulled it off.
Brooklyn 1,2 13
Chicago EV 08 11 13
Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
Cincinatti 06
Columbus 00 03 10
Detroit 06 EV 11 14
Grand Rapids 06
Hershey 03
Jacksonville EV 12
Moline 14
Montreal 05
Milwaukee EV 08
Nobelsville 03
Ottawa 05
Pittsburgh 06 13
Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yield98Yield98 Posts: 151
    Fucking Mike sounded the best Ive ever heard.

Amen!
    Peace, Love, Pearl Jam

Alpine 98,00,03 TFC 99, Chicago 00,03,09(2X) St. Louis 03, Champagne 03, St. Paul 03, 06(2X), 14, Noblesville 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04,06, Thunder Bay 05, Cleveland 06, Lolla 07, Roo 08, PJ20 X2, Wrigley 13 & 16, Portland/Spokane/Seattle 13, Milwaukee 14, Fenway 18X2, Quebec City/Ottawa 22
  • Well said.

Listening back you are right. Mike was ON POINT, so to was the rest of the band.

I wouldn't put Black or Cl Dancer/Crown near the top of any of my lists prior to Wrigley but they both were FUCKIN AMAZING!!
    Hey, hey. My, my. Rock and roll can never die.

"Why go home? I am home! And I gotta tell you, it feels FUCKIN GREAT to be here. You may experience this yourself but, if you were born in Chicago, you're always from Chicago. And even if you don't live in Chicago, Chicago will always live in you."-Ed
  • jlwhite1076jlwhite1076 Posts: 164
    Where did you here the boot at?
  • inmyohiotreeinmyohiotree Posts: 329
    Check the forum I think its like page 5 or 6 there's a link I'll try to find it
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Everyone has their own likes and dislikes when talking setlists (I personally don't care what they play I like them so much) but to me Eddie picked a VERY personal setlist for this show. Lots of thought from Release (his dad), to the cover of Mother, to his tribute to Mother Love Bone and his gratitude to the others for his chance with their new group, etc...deep, deep, deep. His voice was as strong as I have ever heard it (except for maybe the '94 tour!). Truly an "all around" epic show in my opinion.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Excellent post.

Listened to the boot this morning. Chills at some parts.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • jlwhite1076jlwhite1076 Posts: 164
    Still can not locate the boot, can you give me some help with the thread
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Still can not locate the boot, can you give me some help with the thread
    Take a gander here.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=212693&p=5151984&hilit=Source+3#p5151897
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • DL136722DL136722 Not sure... Posts: 635
    So, this past Friday(7/19) was crazy!! The original Friday night plan was to see a Pearl Jam cover band on a booze cruise with some of my buddies. Well, that got cancelled Friday morning, so I took that as a sign from the Pearl Jam Gods. So, on friday at noon, I decided to make the move. Called my mom and my daughter's daycare to arrange pickup since I'm not going to be here to do it - left work and head straight to Logan Airport.

I found a ticket via Craigslist and arranged to meet the guy near Wrigley. Booked a last minute roundtrip flight leaving logan at 3:15pm, landing in Chicago at 5:30pm - leaving me 2 hours to get to the Wrigley area and meet ticket dude. My return flight was at 7:15am the next day and arriving in Boston at 10:30am. I had a change of clothes in my backpack that I have in my truck. I had a t-shirt, shorts, sneakers and a hat. Along with my phone charger, eye buds, wallet, keys, and cell phone. I had no bags at all, that was it.

Landed on time in Chicago and hopped in cab to the Wrigley area. I call the ticket dude and we meet and a gas station about 2.5 miles south of Wrigley Field. I pay my cab fare, wait for ticket dude, he arrives, pay for my ticket and off to Wrigley to see PJ! I make the walk to Wrigley and make it there by 7pm - onstage time is supposed to be 7:30pm - I made it....or so I thought!

I walk around Wrigley taking in the sights and sounds. I go buy a t-shirt that comes with a tote bag - so now I have a bag. My ticket was a on-field seat for $200. Which may sound like a lot but considering what I was witnessing while I was walking around - it wasn't that much considering face value after fees was around $90. I finally get in line waiting to get in. I'm standing in line so excited and in disbelief really that I'm even here. I get to the gate, they scan my ticket - no good, it's a fake! I'm instructed to go to the ticket window out front and speak to someone there. Turns out my fake ticket was one of the 2% of tickets out there that were fake. The only thing I had going for me at this point is seeing the hundreds of people going though the same thing as me - I wasn't alone!

Well, at this point I'm pissed, embarrassed, and in utter disbelief that this is happenning and that I put myself in this position. So, I tell myself I have 2 choices while standing in line at a 7 eleven buying 2 one liter bottles of water because I haven't eaten since 8am and it's hot as balls. Either be miserable the whole time and go to the airport and just wait for my flight or hangout here and enjoy it for what it is and see what happens - I went with the latter.

The 2 streets behind Wrigley were fenced off - meaning you could get in like Yawkey Way but without all the food vendors - just thousands people drinking in the streets, front stoops/stairs, roof tops - it was insane. I felt like I was walking into a huge choir or something. Show starts at 8pm instead of 7:30pm, and thus begins the biggest and greatest camp fire sing-along that I've seen and been a part of! That was basically what my night was heading to be, singing PJ tunes outside Wrigley with some new friends, with a mutli-thousand person choir - but lucky for me the PJ gods had something else in mind.

Pearl Jam is 6 songs in when Eddie Vedder tells the crowd that a storm is coming and they're going to stop until the storm passes. Once it does, they'll be back rockin'! They play one more song - Small Town, and stop playing, instructing everyone to go inside because of the rain and lighting. Now, at this point, I see lighting and head into the Starbucks across the street. It's about 8:45pm and I finally have a chance to charge my phone, take a piss, and actually sit down. I'm sitting there and a married pregnant couple walk in around 9:15pm. We start taking about the show, past shows and my current situation. These people couldn't have been nicer but they found a way. Starbucks is about to close at this point because it's almost 10pm. I feel so bad because I already forgot their names but I know they drove 5 hours from Cincinnati and the wife was 6.5 months pregnant. It's been raining now for an hour with no end in site. I can see the concourses of Wrigley Field across the street just filled with people like a sardine can. This couple looks outside, then at each other, then the husband walks up to the counter and asks for a scissor. He cuts his bracelet off and gives it to me along with his ticket and a piece of gum. He then says, "They said they're letting people back in as long as you have your ticket so could luck and use the gum to stick the bracelet together. I hope it works out for you!! I reply, " No way man, thank you so much, not to sound weird but I'm about to make-out with you!" Both of them laugh and take off back to their hotel. Starbucks closes, and I make my way across the street to Wrigley - show them my ticket and bracelet and walk right in.

So, now it's 10pm and I'm in a jam packed sweaty mess called the Wrigley Concoures. Between the sweat, muggy heat, and just the pure amount of humanity jammed into one place - I'm surprised I didn't pass out. I was allowed to bring my 1 bottle of water I had left because it wasn't opened yet and I couldn't chug it because I wasn't sure what the situation was going to be later so I had to make it last. The ticket the husband gave me was also an on-field ticket, thus the bracelet but it's an upgrade from my fake on-field seat ticket because I'm closer - 3 rows behind General Admission in Section M, my fake ticket was Section Q. They let us to our seats around 11:15pm-ish, start at 11:45pm-ish and play until 2am in the morning!!!

They played a total of 31 songs, I was outside singing with the faithfull for 7 of them and inside for 24. Right before they started to play again at 11:45pm , Eddie addressed the crowd and played a song he wrote about the cubs and wrigley. He wrote the song because Mr. Cub Ernie Banks asked him too for his b-day a few years ago. Eddie finishes the song and who walks out - Ernie Banks!!! He addresses the crownd and thanks them for sticking out the nearly 3 hour delay and from there it was on like a mother f-er!

It's now 2:05am and PJ is done - simply amazing! I do my normal hanging around trying to get a setlist or guitar pick but I get nothing. I'm about to leave, then I see a small crowd of people off to the side of the stage. I walk over and quickly realize I'm not supposed be here but I'm not even supposed be in the building so at this point I'm thinking screw it, I'm staying here. Next thing I know, I see, Brent Barry(only white guy to win the dunk contest), Judd Apatow, Chris Chelios, Kenny Manye of ESPN, and Dennis Rodman - which is my third time seeing him at a PJ show! All these people are just hangin around after the show talking about it. Then securtiy tells everyone to move to the VIP area at which point I was caught and was asked nicely to leave the ball park, which I did.

It's now 2:35am and I need to get my ass to the airport so I don't miss my flight at 7:15am. I walk about 4 blocks to some red line and take it all the way to the end. At which point I get off and have to wait for a bus in Southside Chicago at 3:45am to take me to the airport. My bus shows up at 4:10am and drops me off at the airport at 4:45am and I finally finished my last bottle of water. I make my way to my terminal and have breakfast around 5:30am - which is the first thing I've eaten in 21.5 hours. My flight leaves on-time and I land in Boston at 10:15am and make my way to my parents house and pick-up my daughter. We continue on just like any other Saturday. In all, I was gone for 20 hours!!

On Sunday, I'm messing aroung on-line and I find a great bootleg of the show - quick turn around I must say!! I download it and start listening to it, re-living the moments at which point my daughter looks at the computer while the music is playing and starts to walk as if she's been doing it for months!! It was kind of surreal to be honest.

Amazing time - not sure if I'll ever do anything like that again but from start to finish - absolutely awesome!!!

For those of you complaining about whatever it is your complaining about, know that thousands of fans got screwed over and shut out of everything. Take a step back and realize how lucky you were from start to finish. Something like this, weather and all, will never be repeated - it's an historic night - embrase it and stop complaining!

FYI, I texted homeboy who hustled me and told him I got in along with a pic and some other choice words - he didn't like it!

Side note: I was in Chicago with a mustashe the whole time. It was about 2 weeks worth of growth which my wife hated - mainly because I looked absolutly moronic. Part of my deal in going to Chicago was I had to shave the stash. Once I got back I did indeed shave the stash . The power of the mushache is a real thing btw!!!

That's another long story - hope you enjoyed it because I did!!

I'm not sure if you'll ever read this but to the married pregnant couple from Cincinnati - THANK YOU!! Not sure what else to say, you two turned my awful situation to one of the greatest moments of my life!

I wish nothing but a life time of good health and happiness to the both of you and your baby!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

P.S. - If you have a girl - Pearl is a beautiful name - just sayin'
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • Pottsy199Pottsy199 Posts: 138
    DL136722 wrote:
    So, this past Friday(7/19) was crazy!! The original Friday night plan was to see a Pearl Jam cover band on a booze cruise with some of my buddies. Well, that got cancelled Friday morning, so I took that as a sign from the Pearl Jam Gods. So, on friday at noon, I decided to make the move. Called my mom and my daughter's daycare to arrange pickup since I'm not going to be here to do it - left work and head straight to Logan Airport.

I found a ticket via Craigslist and arranged to meet the guy near Wrigley. Booked a last minute roundtrip flight leaving logan at 3:15pm, landing in Chicago at 5:30pm - leaving me 2 hours to get to the Wrigley area and meet ticket dude. My return flight was at 7:15am the next day and arriving in Boston at 10:30am. I had a change of clothes in my backpack that I have in my truck. I had a t-shirt, shorts, sneakers and a hat. Along with my phone charger, eye buds, wallet, keys, and cell phone. I had no bags at all, that was it.

Landed on time in Chicago and hopped in cab to the Wrigley area. I call the ticket dude and we meet and a gas station about 2.5 miles south of Wrigley Field. I pay my cab fare, wait for ticket dude, he arrives, pay for my ticket and off to Wrigley to see PJ! I make the walk to Wrigley and make it there by 7pm - onstage time is supposed to be 7:30pm - I made it....or so I thought!

I walk around Wrigley taking in the sights and sounds. I go buy a t-shirt that comes with a tote bag - so now I have a bag. My ticket was a on-field seat for $200. Which may sound like a lot but considering what I was witnessing while I was walking around - it wasn't that much considering face value after fees was around $90. I finally get in line waiting to get in. I'm standing in line so excited and in disbelief really that I'm even here. I get to the gate, they scan my ticket - no good, it's a fake! I'm instructed to go to the ticket window out front and speak to someone there. Turns out my fake ticket was one of the 2% of tickets out there that were fake. The only thing I had going for me at this point is seeing the hundreds of people going though the same thing as me - I wasn't alone!

Well, at this point I'm pissed, embarrassed, and in utter disbelief that this is happenning and that I put myself in this position. So, I tell myself I have 2 choices while standing in line at a 7 eleven buying 2 one liter bottles of water because I haven't eaten since 8am and it's hot as balls. Either be miserable the whole time and go to the airport and just wait for my flight or hangout here and enjoy it for what it is and see what happens - I went with the latter.

The 2 streets behind Wrigley were fenced off - meaning you could get in like Yawkey Way but without all the food vendors - just thousands people drinking in the streets, front stoops/stairs, roof tops - it was insane. I felt like I was walking into a huge choir or something. Show starts at 8pm instead of 7:30pm, and thus begins the biggest and greatest camp fire sing-along that I've seen and been a part of! That was basically what my night was heading to be, singing PJ tunes outside Wrigley with some new friends, with a mutli-thousand person choir - but lucky for me the PJ gods had something else in mind.

Pearl Jam is 6 songs in when Eddie Vedder tells the crowd that a storm is coming and they're going to stop until the storm passes. Once it does, they'll be back rockin'! They play one more song - Small Town, and stop playing, instructing everyone to go inside because of the rain and lighting. Now, at this point, I see lighting and head into the Starbucks across the street. It's about 8:45pm and I finally have a chance to charge my phone, take a piss, and actually sit down. I'm sitting there and a married pregnant couple walk in around 9:15pm. We start taking about the show, past shows and my current situation. These people couldn't have been nicer but they found a way. Starbucks is about to close at this point because it's almost 10pm. I feel so bad because I already forgot their names but I know they drove 5 hours from Cincinnati and the wife was 6.5 months pregnant. It's been raining now for an hour with no end in site. I can see the concourses of Wrigley Field across the street just filled with people like a sardine can. This couple looks outside, then at each other, then the husband walks up to the counter and asks for a scissor. He cuts his bracelet off and gives it to me along with his ticket and a piece of gum. He then says, "They said they're letting people back in as long as you have your ticket so could luck and use the gum to stick the bracelet together. I hope it works out for you!! I reply, " No way man, thank you so much, not to sound weird but I'm about to make-out with you!" Both of them laugh and take off back to their hotel. Starbucks closes, and I make my way across the street to Wrigley - show them my ticket and bracelet and walk right in.

So, now it's 10pm and I'm in a jam packed sweaty mess called the Wrigley Concoures. Between the sweat, muggy heat, and just the pure amount of humanity jammed into one place - I'm surprised I didn't pass out. I was allowed to bring my 1 bottle of water I had left because it wasn't opened yet and I couldn't chug it because I wasn't sure what the situation was going to be later so I had to make it last. The ticket the husband gave me was also an on-field ticket, thus the bracelet but it's an upgrade from my fake on-field seat ticket because I'm closer - 3 rows behind General Admission in Section M, my fake ticket was Section Q. They let us to our seats around 11:15pm-ish, start at 11:45pm-ish and play until 2am in the morning!!!

They played a total of 31 songs, I was outside singing with the faithfull for 7 of them and inside for 24. Right before they started to play again at 11:45pm , Eddie addressed the crowd and played a song he wrote about the cubs and wrigley. He wrote the song because Mr. Cub Ernie Banks asked him too for his b-day a few years ago. Eddie finishes the song and who walks out - Ernie Banks!!! He addresses the crownd and thanks them for sticking out the nearly 3 hour delay and from there it was on like a mother f-er!

It's now 2:05am and PJ is done - simply amazing! I do my normal hanging around trying to get a setlist or guitar pick but I get nothing. I'm about to leave, then I see a small crowd of people off to the side of the stage. I walk over and quickly realize I'm not supposed be here but I'm not even supposed be in the building so at this point I'm thinking screw it, I'm staying here. Next thing I know, I see, Brent Barry(only white guy to win the dunk contest), Judd Apatow, Chris Chelios, Kenny Manye of ESPN, and Dennis Rodman - which is my third time seeing him at a PJ show! All these people are just hangin around after the show talking about it. Then securtiy tells everyone to move to the VIP area at which point I was caught and was asked nicely to leave the ball park, which I did.

It's now 2:35am and I need to get my ass to the airport so I don't miss my flight at 7:15am. I walk about 4 blocks to some red line and take it all the way to the end. At which point I get off and have to wait for a bus in Southside Chicago at 3:45am to take me to the airport. My bus shows up at 4:10am and drops me off at the airport at 4:45am and I finally finished my last bottle of water. I make my way to my terminal and have breakfast around 5:30am - which is the first thing I've eaten in 21.5 hours. My flight leaves on-time and I land in Boston at 10:15am and make my way to my parents house and pick-up my daughter. We continue on just like any other Saturday. In all, I was gone for 20 hours!!

On Sunday, I'm messing aroung on-line and I find a great bootleg of the show - quick turn around I must say!! I download it and start listening to it, re-living the moments at which point my daughter looks at the computer while the music is playing and starts to walk as if she's been doing it for months!! It was kind of surreal to be honest.

Amazing time - not sure if I'll ever do anything like that again but from start to finish - absolutely awesome!!!

For those of you complaining about whatever it is your complaining about, know that thousands of fans got screwed over and shut out of everything. Take a step back and realize how lucky you were from start to finish. Something like this, weather and all, will never be repeated - it's an historic night - embrase it and stop complaining!

FYI, I texted homeboy who hustled me and told him I got in along with a pic and some other choice words - he didn't like it!

Side note: I was in Chicago with a mustashe the whole time. It was about 2 weeks worth of growth which my wife hated - mainly because I looked absolutly moronic. Part of my deal in going to Chicago was I had to shave the stash. Once I got back I did indeed shave the stash . The power of the mushache is a real thing btw!!!

I'm not sure if you'll ever read this but to the married pregnant couple from Cincinnati - THANK YOU!! Not sure what else to say, you two turned my awful situation to one of the greatest moments of my life!

I wish nothing but a life time of good health and happiness to the both of you and your baby!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

Great story man. Kudos to the "Strangers from Cincinnati"
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Great story!! You will keep this forever!

And like the poster above...kudos to the pregnant couple for their generosity.
  • goodforyou19goodforyou19 Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin Posts: 74
    Great story! Glad you got in. I saw people who bought fakes and man were they (understandably) pissed. I didn't buy a fake but didn't get a real ticket either. When the rains came I looked at the radar and headed back to the hotel thinking there is no way they are playing. Well, in hindsight I should've stuck around like you did and maybe someone leaving the show wouldn't return, and I could get their ticket. I was mad at myself for a few days, but realized that, like the song says, rather than re-digesting past regrets, it does make so much more sense to live in the present tense (and at least enjoy the audience boot of the show - wow it WAS awesome!).
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    DL136722 wrote:

Holy shit :shock:

You did all this just to see a concert?!

Just kidding. I'm really impressed you were able to keep a level head about the ticket fiasco. I would have panicked!!

Amazing story.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Excellent post.

Listened to the boot this morning. Chills at some parts.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Yield98 wrote:
    Fucking Mike sounded the best Ive ever heard.

Amen!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    DL136722 wrote:

wow..what a story..amazing!!
    and what an amazing couple....so beautiful the whole..
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    DL136722 wrote:

Truly amazing story...
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    That's the power of positive music!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap: