POLL: Only if you attended BOTH shows

rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
edited July 2013 in The Porch
London or Wrigley?

Be honest. Which was a better show in your opinion?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,249
    London! Encore 1 was epic :-)
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• BL446BL446 Posts: 62
    London by a lot.
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Wrigley.

But there are definitely some factors at play here.

For one thing, setlist-wise, I had high expectations for London. With Wrigley, I was expecting the setlist to be packed with crowd-pleasers aimed at the casual fan.

In London, I was behind the stage (3rd row, but still...). At Wrigley, I had a really good spot in the pit (both before and after the rain delay).
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    Wrigley was special for all kinds of different reasons. London was great, but I didn't feel it wasn't a special concert by any means.

Wrigley.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • mk5877mk5877 Posts: 13
    London without a doubt. I'm from Chicago and even the hometown factor didn't cloud my judgement on the comparison.
  • pea64pea64 Indiana Posts: 207
    I did love both but the energy in London was awesome. Best crowd I've ever been apart of!
    1998: East Troy x2, Chicago, Noblesville
    2000: Noblesville, Columbus, Cincinnati, East Troy, Chicago
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: London, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Phoenix
    2014: Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago x2
    2018: Chicago
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    Hmm...

I think overall, London was the better experience. Wrigley was awesome because I had better seats for it than london and we got some rarities as well as the release opener, but I just think the weather delay took a toll on the crowd as well as myself. I think both setlists were amazing, but the crowd in London was undoubtably better. It hurt me to look around the upper deck of wrigley and see empty seats only 20 songs into the night, as well as having empty seats on the field (I was in Field S and the 4 seats to my right were empty the entire night). London seemed to be an almost entirely 10C crowd and everyone knew the words to everything. Just so much energy. Wrigley was epic because it was Wrigley, but the better show/experience was London.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    I thought London was a better show as well but considered the thought I may have been prejudiced by the front row center seats I got from the 10 Club. :shock:

MIL GRAZIE TEN CLUB!

After that, you could not pick me for the next ten lotteries and I still wouldnt have a single negative thing to say about ya. You have a free pass for at least 5 years. ;)

10 club 4EVER!
  • mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    Wrigley was wierd. I loved it but was happy it was over. My back felt like i was 85 years old. I was disgusting etc. but i still would chose that if i had to go to only one show. Hold on, 2 new songs, bugs, all the way, chloe/crown. Unreal set.

Ill take wrigley
  • bigguybigeyebigguybigeye Posts: 205
    Wrigley. I would have loved to see the show without that fucking weather delay but it did make the show unique!
    1994: ANN ARBOR
    2011: DETROIT (EV), HAMILTON
    2012: OSLO, COPENHAGEN, MEMPHIS (EV)
    2013: LONDON, CHICAGO, VANCOUVER, SEATTLE
    2014: ST. LOUIS, DETROIT
    2015: CHICAGO (EV & TOWNSHEND), NEW YORK
    2016: QUEBEC CITY, OTTAWA, TORONTO 1, BOSTON 1 & 2
    2018: LONDON 1, CHICAGO 1
    2022: HAMILTON

• DM189985DM189985 Posts: 12
    I had high hopes for Wrigley and it was an amazing experience...but I would have to say the energy in London was amazing! Really impressed with everything that night. The rain delay may have had some negative impact on Wrigley but it was still awesome!

London by a guitar pick!
  • There were 8 of us who went to both shows and it was never really up for discussion for anyone - London hands down was the more amazing show for everyone! I'm a huge Cubs fan and I love Wrigley so that made it really special, but when rating the actual show the performance and energy at London was phenomenal!
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    London had a let down to end the show (IMO) but was otherwise and amazing show. I loved the first set at Wrigley but the rest of the rest didn't measure up to London. In terms of rarities: Alone vs. Hold On is somewhat a toss-up.

I'd say London was the better show, but they were close.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • eladdereladder Posts: 414
    Think they killed both shows but due to weather london was better for me. Also liked setlist better even though wrigley wasnt shabby. London had p tense opener, rarities, and just a better flow. Obviously, the weather was the huge variable here. I thought the ga crowd at wrigley really struggled after the delay except for the front pit which also contributed to making the london show a winner as well.
    He was ok but wondering about wandering
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    BL446 wrote:
    London by a lot.

See above, if Otherside was clipped but the 9 minute Porch in Wrigley. :sad:
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • KC70033KC70033 Posts: 84
    Wow I'm kinda shocked by the reviews... London had incredible energy from a very dialed in crowd but I thought wrigley was way more special.... The band deciding to come on and play till 2am? Would any other band ever do that?
    Sure we were hungry and tired but mother, Chloe dancer etc... Etc...I've been to maybe 18 shows over the years including pj20 and I think wrigley will be my most memorable...

It's really funny how its getting so many mixed reviews, i thought pearl jam was incredibly thoughtful with the setlist and nailed it..I watched the show from the floor and a bunch of different sections and I loved it from everywhere...

I hope they do more of these one of destination style shows... London was great too
    Kevin frank
  • bootheadboothead Posts: 145
    Wrigley by far
  • KC70033 wrote:
    Wow I'm kinda shocked by the reviews... London had incredible energy from a very dialed in crowd but I thought wrigley was way more special.... The band deciding to come on and play till 2am? Would any other band ever do that?
    Sure we were hungry and tired but mother, Chloe dancer etc... Etc...I've been to maybe 18 shows over the years including pj20 and I think wrigley will be my most memorable...

It's really funny how its getting so many mixed reviews, i thought pearl jam was incredibly thoughtful with the setlist and nailed it..I watched the show from the floor and a bunch of different sections and I loved it from everywhere...

I hope they do more of these one of destination style shows... London was great too
    I think that you are shocked by peoples answers because you are answering a different question - it wasn't "what show was more memorable or special?" but what was the "better" show...of course Wrigley is more memorable and the rain delay and the fact that PJ came back and played until 2am ensures that it will go down in history....but if you took the crowd energy, set, and sound from London and replaced that for what you saw/heard at Wrigley then I think people are saying that no doubt, it would have been an even more epic show. Just because the London show was amazing doesn't mean Wrigley was terrible, it was just better IMO and many others.
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,583
    I didn't go to either, and even i know that London was the superior show.