Options

Completely Shut out of Lottery Tix? Commiserate HERE.

124»

Comments

• Options
    gobcrossgobcross Posts: 12
    Obviously, I agree. To top it all off, yesterday was my birthday and they sent the rejection email just as I was leaving work and heading out to my birthday dinner!

I understand the limitations due to the venue but if the band knew the limitations of the venue (Barclay's Center - Brooklyn) then they should have regionalized the lottery to NY/NJ. Based upon the limitations imposed due to the venue, it left a numbers of members with virtually no chance to get a ticket. Thus, the original email for ticket registration in this case was pointless and only for show.
  • Options
    chuck nevittchuck nevitt Posts: 225
    Enough whining here to start my own vineyard the size of Kendall Jackson's.

Take the good with the bad...Those complaining now, at some point got outstanding tickets

for one if not several shows because of the Club. Jeez, last time I checked tickets still have not

gone on sale for any venues.

I'm going canoeing down the river of tears that leads straight to Wrigley Field.
  • Options
    ctsufer31ctsufer31 Boston, MA Posts: 33
    gobcross wrote:
    Obviously, I agree. To top it all off, yesterday was my birthday and they sent the rejection email just as I was leaving work and heading out to my birthday dinner!

Happy belated birthday and I am sorry to hear this happening to you on your birthday.
    I just hope you are able to get tickets through ticketmaster.
    Pearl Jam
    Hartford 10-02-1996, Hartford 09-13-1998, Mansfield 08-29-2000, Albany 04-29-2003, Mansfield 07-02-2003, NYC 07-09-2003, Boston 09-28-2004, Toronto 09-19-2005, Albany 05-12-2006, Boston 05-25-2006, E. Rutherford 06-03-2006, Hartford 06-27-2008, Mansfield 06-28-2008, Mansfield 06-30-2008, Boston 05-17-2010, Toronto 09-11-2011, Worcester 10-15-2013, Worcester 10-16-2013, Quebec City 05-05-2016
    Eddie Vedder
    Boston 08-01-2008, Providence 06-15-2011, Boston 06-16-2011
    Tres Mts.
    Boston 03-27-2011
  • Options
    dr_ed_ddsdr_ed_dds Posts: 102
    0 for 10 shows for me ...,..how is that possible? I actually would have attended all 10 :cry:
    Seems like a flawed system
  • Options
    PjdreamerPjdreamer Posts: 318
    I joined the fanclub 15 yrs ago to get tenclub tickets. Until now I have never had an issue as long as you are on top of your game you could get tickets. I don't think it's about giving everyone a fare chance. If your a deticated fan you will be watching a waiting for tickets. This band has been a part of my addolecents and now my adulthood it's part of my life it's a way of life for me and it feels pretty shitty to get shut out like I said 15 years of tickets now just cut off. I'm really just disappointed and shocked. It's very personal. Very personal I've been going to pj shows as soon as I could drive. I have given and given to this band and I can't tell you how shitty this feels to have the tenclub backing you for so long and it feels like they have turned they're back on me. I don't know what else to say. I just don't. Without speech other than the above. Pj please add a second show and give the rest of us a chance to get some tenclub tickets. I've been emailing the tenclub for years begging and pleading with them to bring back general admission to Seattle. Guess I'm going to have to get on the floor the old fashion:). Tenclub don't turn your back on us like this. It's much more than tickets or a show. The roots are much deeper when you grow up with tenclub giving you your guarantees tickets. I used to get a letter in the mail guarenteeing me tickets in the first ten rows. It used to make me feel great. I don't know what kind of feeling this is I really don't I feel shitty. Idk
    Pjdreamer
  • Options
    dr_ed_dds wrote:
    0 for 10 shows for me ...,..how is that possible? I actually would have attended all 10 :cry:
    Seems like a flawed system

What cities did you pick?
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
  • Options
    beeswaxbeeswax Posts: 119
    jo mama wrote:
    No they do owe me something. I have given them a lot of money over the years. They owe me a better system that works. I am not paying them for the iternet fan club newsletter I can tell you that. I am paying them year in and year out to get tickets to the shows they play in my hometown once every 3 years!!

what do they own you? 10c has always been clear that a membership does not mean guaranteed tickets, right? how do you know the system did not work? did you do the coding for the lottery? do you also go to the lottery terminal and complain that you bought a lottery ticket that did not win?

and fyi: they never ever played in my hometown. and that's okay, i'm not their queen.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    4Powers20 wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    4Powers20 wrote:
    sorry to say it but the biggest issue is pearl jam is just a lazy band. they dont play enough shows. 2 New York area shows in 3 years? Of course tix will be impossible. And NY is an area they play alot. If they got a little motivated and played more concerts tix would become easier. I understand they have families and lives outside of music but cmon figure something out. play 4 shows then take off a week, or two.

I am lucky that I love Phish, a band I know that every summer will be coming through my area and will be playing multiple shows that i can attend . and then come Winter they will be back giving me another chance to see them. because of this everyone gets a chance to see them and tix become easier

Haha, i just went to my first Phish show up at Spac...what an experience! I'm a Panic fan but PJ has been my first love since 1992. I have to say, this PJ ticket business is for the birds. I agree. The demand is too high because they play such few shows. But lazy? They are not a touring band like Phish, Panic and DMB. Totally different animals. Makes for a shit show at ticket time true. I wish they would play more, but they don't and I don't see it changing in the future. Sucks too. But alas, I have Panic coming in October too so I'm pretty happy with seeing PJ once or twice. Dare I say I maybe outgrowing all the bullshit?

At this point Phish isnt even really a touring band. they do a summer tour and then usually a handful of shows nov/dec and then a New Years run. When they use to play 100-150 shows a year they were a touring band (like umphreys mcgee does now) . 16 shows last year? 22 the year before? 20 the year before that?? Unfortunately lazy is the best word. They dont have to play 150 shows a year, but how about 40 spread out over 10 weeks? Would 42 weeks a year at home without having to really work be enough time off??

My mistake about the number of Phish shows...was not aware of their history.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    Shut out
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    Stick007Stick007 Florida Posts: 19
    Well Friends,

Here's my 2¢, or $177 dream, in this case. First, I have to say that reading everyone's story on here made me feel a bit better. We are obviously not alone in feeling bummed out. For the folks who are gloating about getting multiple shows, you should probably go look for your big boy pants. Actually, I don't care what you do, but please respect your fellow 10C. We are all here together. :D

Now my story. Living in the Southeast US, the only "road trip" option was Charlotte (800 mile RT), but I just couldn't take the time off work (Wednesday show). About 1/2 the other shows were off the table because of the schedule and a few others due to logistics. The requirement to be "on the hook" for all show requests really hits home when the obligation is actually at $1200-1400 per show (airfare, ground trans, hotel, etc). That being said, I could only put myself in for one (set) show. So I had to decide - NYC or LA? Well, from what I understand, I might as well have picked the Alamo, because I never stood a chance. Unfortunately, San Antonio wasn't on the list. Needless to say, I selected all 4 NYC options (1. GA 2, 2. GA 1, 3. RES 2, 4. RES 1) and was not awarded tickets to any of my choices.

In the past, I've cursed F5 for hours and lost out on other "lotteries", so this isn't my first rodeo. However, if things keep going this way, it will be my last. I love PJ and always will, but things just don't seem to run well in 10C land. You can't make everyone happy, that is for sure. But if you resign yourself to that, then you will likely evolve to complacency. Between my schedule availablility (Friday/weekends), the geographical location of the shows, and the overall number of shows played, this wasn't a good fit. Add to that a lottery system that clearly has economical and logical flaws, and here we are.

I know there are no guarantees with these tickets, but there should be common sense in designing a process to put concert tickets in the hands of fans that support you. There is zero transparency in the 10C. EV himself would write a protest song if he were in my shoes. We have no idea how many active members (201XXX) there are. We have no idea about the logic that went into the lottery, although some of you have very good theories! There should be statistics available and more communication from 10C staff about the overall "success" of the lottery. Tell me 95% of folks got awarded tickets and I'll be okay with it.

But now....I have to rely on fucking Ticketmaster to get tickets? Wow......shit just got real. Really? Wish me luck!! And if you're in the same boat, good luck to you!! Hope to see you at a show!!

-JB
  • Options
    lktommyklktommyk Posts: 21
    GO20360 wrote:
    So someone who joined last week should have as good of a shot as me who has been in since 1997? Not sure its fair. Again, its WAY better than most bands treat their fans, but I can't say this is the best way. Maybe they can do it in terms of years you've been a member.

Maybe I should have more chances at the tix based on the fact that I have been a member since 1997. For every year, you should get a pick. So for example I would have 16 chances to get picked for a show and someone in since 2010 would have 3. This seems to be the better way.

Thoughts?

I completely disagree with this. As someone who hasn't even been alive long enough to be a member that long (I was 5 in 1997) this system gives people like me, who love PJ as much as you the opportunity to even go. I bought my membership knowing there was a CHANCE that I might get picked. I completely understand your disappointment though. I love this newer band, Dead Sara. If they were to ever start a fan club I would be one of the first to join. If I were to be shutout 15 years later, I would be as pissed as you are. I managed to get GA in my home state and still can't believe it. I've had dreams about this, that's how important it is to me.

With your system, this might have never happened for me. There should definitely be some sort of hometown or home state advantage. I think it's so unfair to people who live in New York or Seattle to miss out on tickets just because everyone decided those are the best places to see them. They should also extend the time you have to be a member to qualify for the lottery to a year, which would keep scalpers away. I have already seen GA tickets on eBay. How is that even possible??
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    Yea people Da KId got shut outta Brklyn and Hartford.Suxs but will be in the buildingcome hell or high water Da Kid new miss A local show was tempted to spend my 40 th Bday with the boys on the opening night in Pitt but $ wasn't in the cards so opted for weekend local shows ...Sucks but at least going to Wrigley tom.
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    GO20360 wrote:
    So someone who joined last week should have as good of a shot as me who has been in since 1997? Not sure its fair. Again, its WAY better than most bands treat their fans, but I can't say this is the best way. Maybe they can do it in terms of years you've been a member.

Maybe I should have more chances at the tix based on the fact that I have been a member since 1997. For every year, you should get a pick. So for example I would have 16 chances to get picked for a show and someone in since 2010 would have 3. This seems to be the better way.

Thoughts?

I agree with this, don't think it's a bad idea!

I think that everyone should be given a priority for their hometown. I don't think it is fair that hometown fans did not get tickets when others from out of town did.

One thing I don't understand about GA....is it possible that there are still "unsold" GA 10 club tickets for some shows because people put reserved as their 1st choice instead of risking putting GA? If this happened, does that mean that Ticketmaster will be selling any "leftover" GA 10club tickets?

Can someone help me, just trying to understand this

I don't agree with having GA because for those that didn't want to take the chance putting GA as 1st choice, they can't be as close to the stage. I put reserved as 1st choice and GA as 2nd choice because I figured I'd get shut out with GA and end up with nothing. I prefer the lottery system for rows 1,2, 9, 10
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    Maybe this makes me a control freak, but when I was sitting at my computer hitting f5 incessantly, I was in control of that. But dropping my name in a virtual hat and then sitting back to see what happens, just hasn't worked out so far. :x
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
  • Options
    Maybe this makes me a control freak, but when I was sitting at my computer hitting f5 incessantly, I was in control of that. But dropping my name in a virtual hat and then sitting back to see what happens, just hasn't worked out so far. :x

I kind of feel the same way. I'd rather rely on my own persistence than a lottery.

But clearly what is going on here, is the band is trying to strike some balance between old and new fans. Unless you joined the 10C prior to 2000 (i.e., have a member number somewhere around 200,XXX or south of that) you likely have never had a good enough member number to see the band from close on the floor. The GA pit opens this opportunity up to new fans, at the expense of old fans.

I appreciate that the band is trying to strike that balance, and have had a great run with 10C tix -- joined in 1998, member #170,XXX, so it is hard for me to have any complaints. However, I hope the GA pit thing is not permanent. Alternate between all seats on the floor and GA every tour leg, or something like that.

Also, this new system makes me hope for more future shows at outdoor sheds, many of which don't accommodate GA pits.
    I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    All this joy on the message boards is tuff right now...
    Since I have no tickets to any shows at the moment...
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,810
    I'd rather rely on my own persistence than a lottery.

:clap:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    MG545 wrote:

Needless to say, there is something wrong with this process, could someone please explain to me why they decided to make this change, and screw over hardcore pearl jam fans?

they did it because every previous sale was a fucking disaster for their website/server/whatever. remember the one they had to turn over to ticketmaster the next day :fp:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    here's my official bitch and moan

:( :cry:
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452

But clearly what is going on here, is the band is trying to strike some balance between old and new fans.

an interesting thought but I still think it's because their little ol' website couldn't handle the barrage :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    edited July 2013
    imalive wrote:
    they did it because every previous sale was a fucking disaster for their website/server/whatever. remember the one they had to turn over to ticketmaster the next day :fp:

Revisionist history. Most F5 sales went just fine. Even the worst F5 sale took less time refreshing than a "normal" lottery. Some didn't find out their lottery results until late in the night.
    But clearly what is going on here, is the band is trying to strike some balance between old and new fans.

Yes, but the people who get screwed the most are the often forgotten "middle" fans. Those who would have loved the system to be GA 12 years ago, but quietly kept paying their dues watching the old fans get great seats and waiting for their turn.
    Post edited by MG79478 on
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    i almost got what i wanted
    will have to maneuver around to what i still want
    but i don't understand how some people can get three or four shows and some get NONE
    THAT makes NO sense to me
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    its just a sucky feeling. now i need to deal with ticketmaster after getting fan club tix my first 11 times. id rather give my money here. i dont get the system either, definite disadvantage for someone to live in a big city like me and its not like i can travel either. im not sure if its worth to stay in the club anymore now
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    Vytis33Vytis33 Posts: 184
    I hope the GA pit thing is not a permanent thing.

Very much agree with you on lotteries. Give me an F5 battle any day.

But as for not liking the GA pit, are you serious?? Seats on the floor for a rock concert is about as lame as it gets. This ain't Michael Buble here, guy.
  • Options
    mysticweed wrote:
    i almost got what i wanted
    will have to maneuver around to what i still want
    but i don't understand how some people can get three or four shows and some get NONE
    THAT makes NO sense to me
    totally agree. I've seen some people literally get all 8 choices while other get zero!
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra