Options

Catching Scalpers

2»

Comments

• Options
    I like it when the rocket scientists use their 10C screen name as their ebay name to sell their 10C tickets.
    Gorge
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    Mudfest wrote:
    I know in Calgary 50% of lower bowl seats are club seats and the owners of those seats can buy 1st for whatever events they want. I would guess some of those people turn around and sell the shows to pay for their Hockey seats.

Absolutely. My brother sells his Bulls playoff tickets to pay for his entire season, then if they ever do make the finals he'll go. Whole season paid for. Those extra concerts in your stadium is a perk for someone that could care less about rock band. Would anyone be upset if these were Beiber tickets getting scalped?

Very True ...
    I am sure you can pick 10 concerts and pay for your entire year of Hockey ...
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    what I don't understand about seasons tickets is that they are for the matches or games of a specific team, in a certain period of the year, the so called season, how come those seats include events that may or may not happen in the future? why bands and concert promoters address this matter?

Season ticket holders pay tons of money annually. Offering them choice tickets to shows is an way to keep them renewing every year. Often acts booked even target the season ticket holders interest.

I used to be offered tickets to every show at Fenway, and I only had a 10 game sox pass
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Pearl JamesPearl James Pittsburgh/Chicago Posts: 420
    RVCJJ3J wrote:
    There are 53 tickets for the first night's show in Pittsburgh on ebay right now. That's pretty shitty.

Have to remember that SOME tickets are sold to season ticket holders for a venue for them to do whatever they want with. Anything that doesn't list exact location would be the tiks to focus on and GA.

To be fair, I have a relative who is a full season Penguins season ticket holder and by his knowledge, the Consol Energy Center has not held a presale for season ticket holders as of yet.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177
    I was thinking about this the other day, and came up with a random idea:

How about this proposal - Ten Club has the name of each ticket holder on the ticket itself, and there can be a special section on the site for fan transactions. Meaning fans can trade tickets or sell them to other fan club members securely through this site. And in order to gain entry to a show the person who bought the ticket pair has to show their own ID and credit card to gain entry in the show, or for traded or resold tickets from one fan to another the fan who ended up with the ticket last has to show their ID and credit card on file here

If they did that it would ensure than trades can happen on this site without worrying about scalping, and that scalped tickets cannot be used for entry without the buyer there

So fans with low 10c numbers can buy tickets for their friends in other cities and get them better seats? Seniority has taken enough of a hit already; this idea would obliterate it.
  • Options

How about this proposal - Ten Club has the name of each ticket holder on the ticket itself, and there can be a special section on the site for fan transactions. Meaning fans can trade tickets or sell them to other fan club members securely through this site. And in order to gain entry to a show the person who bought the ticket pair has to show their own ID and credit card to gain entry in the show, or for traded or resold tickets from one fan to another the fan who ended up with the ticket last has to show their ID and credit card on file here

If they did that it would ensure than trades can happen on this site without worrying about scalping, and that scalped tickets cannot be used for entry without the buyer there

So fans with low 10c numbers can buy tickets for their friends in other cities and get them better seats? Seniority has taken enough of a hit already; this idea would obliterate it.
    But it would also obliterate scalpers ;)

And technically that isn't far off from what someone can already do with the current system anyway
  • Options
    RC153010RC153010 Posts: 864
    315 is a excellent price
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Zod wrote:
    I have heard of "paperless" tickets but don't really get it. It sort of sounds like will call. You have to show the credit card you bought them on to get in. How do you prove the seats are yours.. they must give you a slip or something, so it more like will call?

I've had tickets like this from NIN. At Terminal 5 shows in NYC a few years ago, you had to HAVE the credit card you bought the ticket with, in your possession, and they swiped it, and then you and anyone else in your party went directly in. Obviously there can be some problems with this, such as if you get a new credit card or close the account - I think there were some contingencies for those type of situations, but I remember people were pretty happy with this system.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    There's one seller on eBay with "2 Lower Level Tickets: TBD" for Dallas, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Baltimore, Oakland, and Charlottesville.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,747
    Zod wrote:

Except your offloading that work from the band to staff at the arena. Will the arena want to support that?

I have heard of "paperless" tickets but don't really get it. It sort of sounds like will call. You have to show the credit card you bought them on to get in. How do you prove the seats are yours.. they must give you a slip or something, so it more like will call?

They do this now at Chase Field in Phoenix for Dbacks games. Basically you pay online, then you walk up to the gate with your c.c. They swipe it and their handheld machine prints out two tickets. Very efficient but if you collect ticket stubs like I do, they are extremely cheap and flimsy. But the do their purpose and it looks like a replica ticketmaster ticket from the 90's. For shit like this its perfect because you get the ticket as you're walking in the door, you can't very well walk back out
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    what I don't understand about seasons tickets is that they are for the matches or games of a specific team, in a certain period of the year, the so called season, how come those seats include events that may or may not happen in the future? why bands and concert promoters address this matter?

With my NY Rangers season tix I have first shot at every event at MSG.
    6/16/2008 Columbia, SC, 10/30/09-10/31/09 Philly, EV Solo 6/26/11 Detroit, 9/3/11-9/4/11 Alpine Valley, 9/30/2012 Missoula,MT 7/16/13 London, ON *****FIRST ROW****, 7/19/13 Chicago, IL, 10/30/13 Charlotte, NC. 4/21/2008 Columbia, SC, 5/2/2016 MSG2