Chat with Wrigley Field Rep on weather

cmarch007cmarch007 Fishers, IN Posts: 293
edited July 2013 in The Porch
Wrigley Field rep : Hello Craig, this is Chris . Thank you for contacting the Chicago Cubs. How can I help you?

Me: I have a weather related question regarding Fridays concert at Wrigley Field. With a forecast of severe weather, what steps are involved in insuring the safety of the fans, and how will that impact the concert experience, amount of time the band can perform?
Wrigley Field rep : Concert will take place rain or shine
In the event of lightning, the concert may be delayed
But every effort will be made to perform while maintaining safety of fans

Me: Is there a curfew or cut off time where the band will have to end the show?
Wrigley Field rep : Not that we've been made aware of

Me: or has the been negotiated with the neighborhood prior to playing...
Wrigley Field rep : I believe with Pearl Jam, they don't have any concerts following this one, so it wouldn't be an issue if the concert was delayed

Me: ok... thanks!

Sounds like we'll be take care of if and when weather hits on Friday...
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Noblesville - May 07, 2010
Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin- Sep 03, 2011
Alpine Valley (PJ20) - Wisconsin - Sep 04, 2011
Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL. July 19, 2013
Pittsburgh - Oct 11, 2013
Buffalo - Oct 12, 2013 GA-rail in McCready'ville
Cincinnati - Oct 1st, 2014 GA 
St. Louis - Oct 3rd, 2014
Yield, WI (aka Milwaukee) - Oct 20, 2014 GA 7 people deep McCreadyville
Lexington, KY (GA - 2nd row between Ed & Jeff!!!)
Wrigley Field '16 N1 (GA)
Wrigley Field '16 N2 
Wrigley Field '18 (N1)
Wrigley Field '18 N2 (GA)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vitalogy66vitalogy66 Posts: 25
    Awesome! thank you!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Hope this Chris guy knows what he's talking about
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • cmarch007cmarch007 Fishers, IN Posts: 293
    Hope this Chris guy knows what he's talking about

Yeah... let's hope so!

Searched their website regarding weather and noticed the link to "Have a question? Live chat" button.
    Wrigley Field '16 N2 
    Wrigley Field '18 (N1)
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    So if there's no curfew, what's to stop them from playing 50 songs.

Hey, we can dream, right?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Thanks, but until I hear it from Edward Snowden, I don't believe it. That's just how I roll these days.
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    cmarch007 wrote:
    Wrigley Field rep : I believe with Pearl Jam, they don't have any concerts following this one, so it wouldn't be an issue if the concert was delayed

Wait, isn't there another concert at Wrigley the following night? Jason Aldean? It's not PJ can just leave their shit in the stadium if it storms. Or are they saying PJ would play on the 21st?
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    He's saying that PJ doesn't have a show the next day or anything, so they don't need to hit the road by midnight or anything to travel.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • cmarch007cmarch007 Fishers, IN Posts: 293
    RE4790 wrote:
    cmarch007 wrote:

Wait, isn't there another concert at Wrigley the following night? Jason Aldean? It's not PJ can just leave their shit in the stadium if it storms. Or are they saying PJ would play on the 21st?

I took it as, Pearl Jam doesn't have any additional concerts to the fall, so they won't be in a rush to leave to head to another city.
    Wrigley Field '16 N2 
    Wrigley Field '18 (N1)
    Yeah maybe, but I am sure Mr. Aldean's crew would appreciate time to get his equipment set up which can only happen after the PJ tear down.
  • jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    Shows curfew at 11pm, more importantly beers sales end at 930 pm. The rep doesnt know what he's talking about. The Boss played past 11pm last time he was in. But not much after.
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    RE4790 wrote:
    Yeah maybe, but I am sure Mr. Aldean's crew would appreciate time to get his equipment set up which can only happen after the PJ tear down.

Fuck Aldean's crew.
  • YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    "Chris" is probably some 14-year old kid living in China.

But seriously, thanks for sharing. Gonna be a helluva show on Fridat people!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Fuck Aldean's crew.
  • vitalogy66vitalogy66 Posts: 25
    Aren't they using the same stage?
  • Brian_BoBrian_Bo Posts: 46
    vitalogy66 wrote:
    Yes they are, but each crew does a fair amount of customization to it.
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,621
    cmarch007 wrote:
    Wrigley Field rep : Hello Craig, this is Chris . Thank you for contacting the Chicago Cubs. How can I help you?

Me: I have a weather related question regarding Fridays concert at Wrigley Field. With a forecast of severe weather, what steps are involved in insuring the safety of the fans, and how will that impact the concert experience, amount of time the band can perform?
    Wrigley Field rep : Concert will take place rain or shine
    In the event of lightning, the concert may be delayed
    But every effort will be made to perform while maintaining safety of fans

Me: Is there a curfew or cut off time where the band will have to end the show?
    Wrigley Field rep : Not that we've been made aware of

What a crock - there is a curfew.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    My God Somebody please someone think of the beer! Its only sold till 9:30pm! If there is a delay we are screwed!! Please God someone think of the beer!
  • MichaelGMichaelG Posts: 89
    I also just talked to a rep. at Wrigley Field and he did confirm that PJ is using the same stage as Jason Aldean.

Now.....I just hope the PJ fans can just relax and ignore the '1994' and the giant feathered hair & mullet pic of whomever that is in the background during the opener 'Release'?

Jason-Aldean-1994.jpg
    vitalogy66 wrote:
  • Pottsy199Pottsy199 Posts: 138
    MichaelG wrote:
    I also just talked to a rep. at Wrigley Field and he did confirm that PJ is using the same stage as Jason Aldean.

Now.....I just hope the PJ fans can just relax and ignore the '1994' and the giant feathered hair & mullet pic of whomever that is in the background during the opener 'Release'?

Jason-Aldean-1994.jpg
    vitalogy66 wrote:

Joe, Joe, Joe...Joe Diffie (my wife is a country fan)
    Aldean's got one thing right, PJ needs to add 6 dancing redneck chicks to their act to sing harmonies.
  • MichaelGMichaelG Posts: 89
    My bad ... yes... you are right! I should have known better. :)
    Now this must explain why Ed changed his hair for these 2 shows!
    Pottsy199 wrote:
    MichaelG wrote:

Jason-Aldean-1994.jpg
    vitalogy66 wrote:

Joe, Joe, Joe...Joe Diffie (my wife is a country fan)
  • SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    RE4790 wrote:

Fuck Aldean's crew.
    My thoughts exactly the second i read it :)
    Love is all you need.....
  • Thanks for the updates people, Rain or Shine it going down! Gonna be Hot as fck, wish the weather was better , could reduce the time they are willing to play...you know from 4 hrs, to 3. :)
    Live in Peace
  • pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    is this for real Wrigley has no curfew? do they not only host a couple of concerts a year at most? and a lot of cub games do not run late into the night. I thought for sure Chicago would have a noise curfew for this area it seems it in a housing area kind of with houses and stuff nearby? some cities police will shut shows down, others you will pay fines, then there is some with no curfews but I didn't think Chicago would be one of those cities? they can only not play if it lightning they probably have to wait 30 min between strikes
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    Shows curfew at 11pm, more importantly beers sales end at 930 pm. The rep doesnt know what he's talking about. The Boss played past 11pm last time he was in. But not much after.

if pearl jam wants a awesome place to play that has no curfew come to las vegas motorspeedway, the electric daisy carnival took over that for 3 days now, and that music sucks, but if pearl jam came and brought some bands with them for like a pj festival that would be fuckin sick, especially in October ish when the weather is great at night not too hot not too cold, that place is sick it can fit 100,000 people easily, pearl jam Woodstock pearl jam woodstock
    and doesn't pj have to do at least 1 or 2 of those shows someday they are big enough band, I can only imagine if they do 1 last tour 1 day, and don't play many shows, people will want tickets so bad u can sell out 100,000 easy
  • Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 220
    jbalicki10 wrote:

if pearl jam wants a awesome place to play that has no curfew come to las vegas motorspeedway, the electric daisy carnival took over that for 3 days now, and that music sucks, but if pearl jam came and brought some bands with them for like a pj festival that would be fuckin sick, especially in October ish when the weather is great at night not too hot not too cold, that place is sick it can fit 100,000 people easily, pearl jam Woodstock pearl jam woodstock

You forget that PJ's fanbase is a bit older and doesn't chomp ecstasy like it's candy. 11 pm is usually sufficient for a set ending time and that gives them 3.5 hours if they go on at 7:30. But I imagine it will be closer to 8 since people will be late getting into the stadium.
  • solacesolace Posts: 110
    jbalicki10 wrote:

while 11pm is the permitted curfew, Bruce played to 11:56 first night:

http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/springstee ... cago-9712/

and 11:14 the second night:

http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/springstee ... ht-2-9912/
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    solace wrote:
    jbalicki10 wrote:

while 11pm is the permitted curfew, Bruce played to 11:56 first night:

http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/springstee ... cago-9712/

and 11:14 the second night:

http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/springstee ... ht-2-9912/

I was at the 2nd Springsteen show. It was pouring rain for about the last half of the set, maybe a little less but the band played on. I think the only reason he didnt play more than 3hrs 15 min was due to that. I think PJ will do everything they can to play as long as they set out to. Don't think Eddie will leave until he's had his fill