Chicago Brewery Touring

pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
edited July 2013 in The Porch
Chicago Beer Lovers - I'm planning to hit up a few area breweries while in town for the show. Have a couple in mind (Revolution is tops). Any hop heads out there wanna join me on a brewery crawl?
Or if you're from the area and have suggestions, I'd take that too.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Goose Island Brewpub in Lincoln Park is a must, there's actually one right across from Wrigley too. There's also Half Acre, Haymarket, Revolution (like you said), Atlas (which is connected to a bowling alley), Piece...there's a whole lot. Hope that helps! CHEERS! Have a blast on Friday!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    pretext wrote:
    Chicago Beer Lovers - I'm planning to hit up a few area breweries while in town for the show. Have a couple in mind (Revolution is tops). Any hop heads out there wanna join me on a brewery crawl?
    Or if you're from the area and have suggestions, I'd take that too.

The Revolution brewery is really cool. Half Acre is my personal favorite in the city....that tour is a really good one. You gotta get there early though because there's always a line down the block.
  • TP10396TP10396 Posts: 9
    What day do you plan on going? My wife and I are coming up from New Orleans and live about 10 minutes from the Abita Brew Pub and did the tour 4th of July weekend. We'll be in Wrigleyville on Thurs around 2pm and would love to do a crawl. What's the best way to get in touch with you.

TP
  • sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    Make the 45 minute drive down to Munster, Indiana and visit 3 Floyds Brewing. Some of the best beers on the planet. Grab a case of Zombie Dust and enjoy all of the beers in their brewpub.
  • jbaker67jbaker67 Posts: 349
    Make the 45 minute drive down to Munster, Indiana and visit 3 Floyds Brewing. Some of the best beers on the planet. Grab a case of Zombie Dust and enjoy all of the beers in their brewpub.

Three Floyds is currently upgrading their bottling line and the last I heard they didn't have any cases of Zombie Dust.

2000: Camden 9/1 2003: Camden 7/5, Hershey 2004: Reading 2006: Camden 5/28 2008: Camden 6/19, 6/20 2009: Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 2012: Philadelphia 2016: Philadelphia 4/28, New York City 5/2 2018: Seattle 8/8, 8/10 2019: Innings Fest 2021: Sea.Hear.Now, Ohana 2022: Baltimore, Camden, Louisville, St. Louis 2023: Saint Paul 8/31, 9/2

• Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,808
    I suggest Half Acre and Revolution. Both are very easy to get too and within the city limits. I love 3 Floyds, but its a little bit of a drive (what fun is driving to a brewery?!?!)
  • Given to AvocadoGiven to Avocado Northwest Indiana Posts: 11
    Do this. Definitely worth it. They also have an excellent food menu.
  • indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    While they don't make their own beer at all The Map Room in Bucktown and Hop Leaf in Andersonville have EXCELLENT beer lists. Map Room has 100 + on tap and Hop Leaf specializes in Belgians. Both are excellent bars for beer lovers.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • btcs41btcs41 Posts: 26

For those of us without a car, can you get most of 3 Floyd's offerings on tap in CHI?
    btcs41 wrote:

For those of us without a car, can you get most of 3 Floyd's offerings on tap in CHI?

Yes, lots of places have 3F on tap around the city
  • TP10396TP10396 Posts: 9
    What's the best tour closest to Wrigleyville?
    TP10396 wrote:
    What's the best tour closest to Wrigleyville?

Half Acre. It's about 2 miles NW of Wrigley on Lincoln Avenue. Right off the Montrose Brown Line stop.

Sadly they only do 1 tour a week, on Saturday AM. 1st come 1st serve. gotta get there early to have a chance at being in the lucky 60.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072

Thursday night plan!

Revolution on the friday lunch plan.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    Great topic, I was planning on hitting Half Acre, definitely interested in hitting some more.
  • The StugotsThe Stugots Posts: 306
    There is a group that buses you around to select breweries as well. Haven't tried it myself, but this might be more convenient for a traveler

http://www.chicagobrewbus.com/the_tours/
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    I'm in for this as well. Might hit up Three Floyds on the way up.
    Anyone want to meet up somewhere?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    Okay, so within city limits, it sounds like Half Acre and Revolution are the places to go. Even if we can't tour, we can hit tap rooms and try things they won't otherwise distribute.
    I arrive Thursday late afternoon, so am open that evening.

Also, if folks are around Saturday I have ALL day. Perhaps a trip down to Three Floyds then?

Maybe a quick Friday pre-show meet-up at the Wrigleyville Goose Island? I do love the stuff they do with Brett.

People interested PM me and I'll try to organize.

Beer and PJ, what could be better? :mrgreen: