Options

10c GA Pits for every date.

Comments

• Options
    So this is what it feels like when 20 years of senority goes up in a puff of smoke.

Certainly some "elitests" will have a problem with this :shock:

Now more people will "earn" their right to be up close.

Me, as long as I am "in the building" I"ll be happy :mrgreen: .

In general I think that there is way too much branding on this forum. If you read the posts all members with low numbers go to dozens of shows, act bored when there, and leave early. And anyone with a newer number is a super fan that just turned 16 and wants the chance to see his new favorite band. Come on. Neither generality is really true.

Regarding me specifically, I haven't gone to that many shows over the roughly 20 years of following the band. Sometimes I got tickets through the club (11), sometimes I bought them in general sales (5), and sometimes I waited outside the venue the day of to score seats (2). I am blessed to live in an area that the band seems to like so I am lucky to not have to travel. So, when I get a chance to see a show it is something that I cherish. I am not one of the disinterested fans. I'm there every minute rocking to every song. Bladders are supposed to be emptied between the opener and the start of PJ's set.

I was just making an observation on my feeling in that moment. I never thought that it would happen but I'm not going to complain excessively about it. Brand me an elitist if you wish... there's nothing that I can do about it. I'm going to be positive and hope that I win the lottery. If not, I'll definitely take your advice and be happy to be in the building.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    The guy posting the Roskilde article is just trying to get people to put reserved as priority one so he can get GA...

I definitely put in GA for priority 1 at one venue, and then reserved as the top priority at another venue.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Zod wrote:
    You could do Calgary over Spokane.

The time you save driving south can be used to drive west :) Albeit the I90 is a much nicer highway than the #1.

Still trying to figure out to work the system the best...

If I want a shot at both shows in GA.. it'd probably be Seattle GA #1, Vancouver GA #2. Could blow up in my face, but I could get lucky on the Seattle, and then maybe demand would be low enough for Vancouver to go into 2nd choices? Just as likely I could lose the Seattle Draw, and Vancouver #1 choices would of used up all the Vancouver GA spots.

The play it safer method would be to go for Vancouver GA #1, Seattle Reserved #2. Less people at the Vancouver show, Higher chance of winning GA, and then be on the same playing field for reserved as all the people who lost out.

Is there a difference once you get past #1 preference? or do they put all the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, people in the same pool for the additional tickets? If that were the cast then I'd go Vancouver GA #1, Seattle GA #2, Seattle Reserved #2.

ahhh! :)
    Ahhhh! Indeed. We've got a week to agonize over it. ;)

I would way rather go to Calgary, but I can't go on that date either. I have to be at work all that week, no leeway. Terrible timing for me, really. The first 3 weeks of December is the one time between now and next April when I absolutely have to be at work every day (and if I was going by car, I would take Hwy 3, and enjoy a very beautiful drive!... But I'd probably have flown there on my airmiles... Not sure about flight options on my airmiles to Spokane). And I would also rather go to Portland... :think: Actually, maybe I will change it and do Portland instead... It will require driving the whole day of the show, which isn't ideal, but it is a shorter drive... Hmm. I have some thinking to do!

I have no clue how much our chances go down once past #1 choice... I guess that is very simply dependent on how many other people made your 2nd choice their #1.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 792
    Best decision by the band in years!

I was dreading all of the arena shows with the first 20 rows of people standing there dead.

Last greatest shows I went to were the 3 nights in SF.. WHY? ALL GA FLOOR!

Thanks again 10c!!
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    So I guess this means it won't mean much if you win the lottery and get 1st or 2nd row...you'll be halfway back from the stage anyway. There go my chances of ever seeing them front row. :fp:
    I don't think I'll ever even submit for GA...usually what will happen is I'll get fairly close to the stage, but then as soon as the show starts a bunch of guys see me, a 5'6" female, knock me out of the way like I'm debris and push past me to the front. (Don't say it won't happen, because it's happened at almost every GA show I've attended).
    So I guess I'll be in the back from now on. Congrats to those of you that wanted this.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,148
    Best decision by the band in years!

I was dreading all of the arena shows with the first 20 rows of people standing there dead.

Last greatest shows I went to were the 3 nights in SF.. WHY? ALL GA FLOOR!

Thanks again 10c!!

That does make sense. I saw Calgary 09, Seattle I&II 09, and Vancouver '11.

Out of all those shows, Calgary '09 was the best. It was part of a festival but Pearl Jam was the only band of note on the festival. They did a full length set and the crowd was there to see them. It was a pretty Epic show and crowd energy was off the charts. As it was all GA I don't think there were 10c tickets to it. Probably my most favorite show since the '05 shows.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    iamica wrote:
    So I guess this means it won't mean much if you win the lottery and get 1st or 2nd row...you'll be halfway back from the stage anyway. There go my chances of ever seeing them front row. :fp:
    I don't think I'll ever even submit for GA...usually what will happen is I'll get fairly close to the stage, but then as soon as the show starts a bunch of guys see me, a 5'6" female, knock me out of the way like I'm debris and push past me to the front. (Don't say it won't happen, because it's happened at almost every GA show I've attended).
    So I guess I'll be in the back from now on. Congrats to those of you that wanted this.
    we have alot of women at europe the same tall as you and they come and enjoy the GA shows..
    you will have a blast.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    You could do Calgary over Spokane.

The time you save driving south can be used to drive west :) Albeit the I90 is a much nicer highway than the #1.

Still trying to figure out to work the system the best...

If I want a shot at both shows in GA.. it'd probably be Seattle GA #1, Vancouver GA #2. Could blow up in my face, but I could get lucky on the Seattle, and then maybe demand would be low enough for Vancouver to go into 2nd choices? Just as likely I could lose the Seattle Draw, and Vancouver #1 choices would of used up all the Vancouver GA spots.

The play it safer method would be to go for Vancouver GA #1, Seattle Reserved #2. Less people at the Vancouver show, Higher chance of winning GA, and then be on the same playing field for reserved as all the people who lost out.

Is there a difference once you get past #1 preference? or do they put all the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, people in the same pool for the additional tickets? If that were the cast then I'd go Vancouver GA #1, Seattle GA #2, Seattle Reserved #2.

ahhh! :)
    Ok,just want to say this,no matter if i agree with your opinion,or not,if i see things different soemtimes,i really fuckin love to read you,you post are always respectfully,try ro put logic and see things from all the sides..
    just wanted to say this :thumbup:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So this is what it feels like when 20 years of senority goes up in a puff of smoke.
    Nop..if u chooce seated you will get your seats by seniority..they have the best seats in the house..
    only the house now,has differnt design...
    the living room of the new house is behind the childrens playgroom

who said the seats must be located in front of stage??

are we fools all those years as europeans that paid and keep memebership even when they dont tour every year at europe and seniority never matters cos we have only GA shows?

seniority still counts for the seated area..at GA shows,all the same..i think all understand that..

no need to mentiun is epic they have the entire GA for the fan club!!EPIC!!

Dimi-
    Thanks for the pep talk but my real issue is that I have almost no experience with GA since every PJ show that I've been to here in the states has been seated. Its just a huge unknown to me. If I choose seated and get tickets, are the "best" seats in the house directly behind the pit? Or are they at the side of the stage?

Standing stationary at a seat inches behind a section where everyone can move around freely doesn't seem too great to me. Are there security guards there to prevent someone from sneaking into the GA section. If so, I can't think of a worse concert experience than having to look at some scowling security guard all night.

Maybe our overseas friends can provide some insight.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 456
    I'm not a fan of GA. I don't like this.

I do like the fact that the GA will be 10C only, since this should mean that the pits will be chill (as chill as pits can be).

That being said, I don't want to have to constantly worry about being pushed/hit/bumped into, even though I am physically capable of handling a pit. All it takes is one dumb idiot.
    If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 959
    iamica wrote:

I agree with this feeling. Honestly, I did think of this issue and felt bad for the ladies. Of course it just really depends on the luck of the crowd around you. Sometimes it can be totally fine. But there's no denying that at times, drunk dudes can make a GA pit experience a nightmare for those surrounding. And it's just reality that sometimes the lesser-sized ladies can take a beating and get pushed around, losing their vantage points. Not to put down Philly fans, but I've never ran into more drunken brutes than with my concert goings there. There's just no escaping it, some of these pits will be rowdy with drunken idiots who ruin the fun for others. And if you're a petite girl, I feel bad about this.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 456
    iamica wrote:

Sorry for you. Stinks. I'm on the other end of the size spectrum (6'3", 330), and I'm usually the first person people look at when someone like you is hit/shoved/pushed, even though I'm minding my own business and trying my hardest to not make contact w/anyone. It's exhausting to expend all that energy just to maintain a position and watch a show. Makes it less enjoyable. For someone your size, it can get dangerous.
    If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    I don't prefer GA over seats, but I have grown tired of all the "groupies" who clog the first 10 rows and then complain about the set list the next day in a new city. I think it will be awesome for the energy of the shows. The band is probably tired of seeing the same people in the first 10 rows.

I saw them in London in 07'. It was GA and was one of the best experiences I've had with the band. That was a huge floor that will probably double the size of any GA sections we will see in the states. No problems at all.

I can't wait!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    iamica wrote:

I agree with this feeling. Honestly, I did think of this issue and felt bad for the ladies. Of course it just really depends on the luck of the crowd around you. Sometimes it can be totally fine. But there's no denying that at times, drunk dudes can make a GA pit experience a nightmare for those surrounding. And it's just reality that sometimes the lesser-sized ladies can take a beating and get pushed around, losing their vantage points. Not to put down Philly fans, but I've never ran into more drunken brutes than with my concert goings there. There's just no escaping it, some of these pits will be rowdy with drunken idiots who ruin the fun for others. And if you're a petite girl, I feel bad about this.

Agree 100%, but I really think an all 10C pit with a bunch of long time 10C members will be a little more chill than a normal pit. We will all be there to watch the show. Plus we're old! :lol:
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    If I choose seated and get tickets, are the "best" seats in the house directly behind the pit? Or are they at the side of the stage?

Standing stationary at a seat inches behind a section where everyone can move around freely doesn't seem too great to me. Are there security guards there to prevent someone from sneaking into the GA section. If so, I can't think of a worse concert experience than having to look at some scowling security guard all night.

I wouldn't be a big fan of being outside the pit on the floor. In my experience with seated floors, your plane of view (how high the stage is compared to your eye level) decreases the further back you get. If you're close to the stage your looking up.. if your far back your looking even. This more stuff obstructs your view. People the same height (or taller than you), hell the only have to be as tall as your eye level. The crazy girl who looks short, but has inhuman strength and keeps her arms up the whole show.... the further back you get on the floor the worse it gets.

My rule has always been (I'm 6'2) first 19ish rows on the floor. Past that i'd rather be in the wings (in the seats).
  • Options
    Nop..if u chooce seated you will get your seats by seniority..they have the best seats in the house..
    only the house now,has differnt design...
    the living room of the new house is behind the childrens playgroom

who said the seats must be located in front of stage??

are we fools all those years as europeans that paid and keep memebership even when they dont tour every year at europe and seniority never matters cos we have only GA shows?

seniority still counts for the seated area..at GA shows,all the same..i think all understand that..

no need to mentiun is epic they have the entire GA for the fan club!!EPIC!!

Dimi-
    Thanks for the pep talk but my real issue is that I have almost no experience with GA since every PJ show that I've been to here in the states has been seated. Its just a huge unknown to me. If I choose seated and get tickets, are the "best" seats in the house directly behind the pit? Or are they at the side of the stage?

i understand is like ordering the same meal at a restaurant and now they say to you they dont make this anymore need to order what is in the catalogue..its the unknown.i get it..
    ive done both..i like the GA cos of the energy,the crowd and i can go with more than a friend to the show and have fun
    and the most great is,that ALL GA is 10c members..its really away different than be mixed with public sale tix
    really,its a show..nothing more as hundreds taking place every day..you go,find your spot with your friends,change position id u dont see well,or a tall er person is infront.no biggie
    the only thing mightbe an issue is that you cant sit to relax the legs if need to..
    from there,ill say only this....they say 1/3.or 1/2 will be GA at the show...
    means ALL GA will be distance talking from stage,in the first 10-15 rows (if was seated)so u understand how it will be played.

will be great..we have short people here,more old people here..all going to the shows and have a blast...
    really isnt something that you have to think alot!!!
    you walk in,take your spot and enjoy,sing,dance...
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,571
    I like the idea of having new people up front. I've been in the club since '95 so I've sat as close as the second row. The Bly part that makes me nervous is choosing GA and getting no tickets, like I did for Wrigley. Either way I'll see 3 shows this year, which is beyond great.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't think anyone has anything to really worry about in an all-10C pit. Most members respect each other in the pit I think?

Anyway, I think they have probably gone this way because the seated floors were getting really lame. People just standing there for the most part. That doesn't seem to be what the band need to be pumped on stage. I am assuming they decided to go 10C-only GA because they get the energy that only a pit brings, but keep the pit reasonably controlled with all 10C members. I think it's a great decision. As someone else mentioned, a lot of fans are getting old, especially the ones with seating seniority, and for many (not all) that means they are less and less apt to rock out in a seat (and less apt to go for GA tix, keeping the trees out of pit). That has to be getting lame for the band, which loves to feed off the energy of the crowd in front of the stage, and they knew it was time for a change. Remember Vancouver 2011? I don't think they want a repeat of that shit!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,571
    Agree. It was obvious they loved the energy in missoula.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    Agree. It was obvious they loved the energy in missoula.
    and at every God damn place at the rest of the planet...
  • Options
    AndyVanSlykeAndyVanSlyke Posts: 183
    All I want is for us in Pittsburgh to clap, chant, and sing in unison.

Cellphones down and clap, dammit!!
    Pittsburgh 2003/Pittsburgh 2006/Outside Lands 2009/Bridge School 2010/Pittsburgh 2013
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, I don't think anyone has anything to really worry about in an all-10C pit. Most members respect each other in the pit I think?

Anyway, I think they have probably gone this way because the seated floors were getting really lame. People just standing there for the most part. That doesn't seem to be what the band need to be pumped on stage. I am assuming they decided to go 10C-only GA because they get the energy that only a pit brings, but keep the pit reasonably controlled with all 10C members. I think it's a great decision. As someone else mentioned, a lot of fans are getting old, especially the ones with seating seniority, and for many (not all) that means they are less and less apt to rock out in a seat (and less apt to go for GA tix, keeping the trees out of pit). That has to be getting lame for the band, which loves to feed off the energy of the crowd in front of the stage, and they knew it was time for a change. Remember Vancouver 2011? I don't think they want a repeat of that shit!

I was wondering how to put my thoughts into words and yours were more eloquent than I could come up with. Us "older" fans (I am 56 and a 10c member since 1995) are getting a bad rap in a lot of the comments being made on this board and I thank you for specifying not all of us are too old to rock out. Hey, I'm closer in age to the guys in the band than most of the "younger" fans on here. That said, I see your point and am happy to have been part of the ride since the beginning, and will ride the ticket wave wherever it takes me.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    All good with the GA pit if this is the way they choose to get rid of seniority so be it i'm passing on all the shows , i won't be entering for any of them it's my choice i've seen them enough to last me a life time of great memories so as it turns out the Canada show will be the last one for me with my reserved seat and a total stranger gets my extra i'm happy for the folks who get the GA tickets it's funny they are playing here in Brooklyn and i could care less that tells me it's time to move on enjoy the shows folks i sure as hell did :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Yeah, this is great news and I really hope I get GA in Portland. Kind of surprised to see folks not excited about this. Anything to switch up the PJ nerds who stand there and act overly critical of every song, every night. That's not a show. A show is hitting an open floor with a group of friends, politely securing your "spot" and rocking your ass off. I've always felt the biggest problem with continuing to follow a band once they get this big, is that you can no longer see them play an open venue with a capacity of 2500. You're stuck in a basketball arena in a seat, so kudos to PJ for giving us an opportunity to have something special. To those of you who are "unfamiliar" with GA....really? Get out and see more shows - you're missing out on a lot of great live music experiences that you're not going to get if you only go see shows from bands this big. There's nothing terrifying about it. You're not seeing Slayer circa 1989. You're seeing a band with a fanbase in its 30s, 40s and 50s. It'll be chill. It'll be exciting. It'll give you that butterfly in your stomach. That is, of course, unless you're a small-ish female. Then I guess it can kind of suck...
  • Options
    i understand is like ordering the same meal at a restaurant and now they say to you they dont make this anymore need to order what is in the catalogue..its the unknown.i get it..
    ive done both..i like the GA cos of the energy,the crowd and i can go with more than a friend to the show and have fun
    and the most great is,that ALL GA is 10c members..its really away different than be mixed with public sale tix
    really,its a show..nothing more as hundreds taking place every day..you go,find your spot with your friends,change position id u dont see well,or a tall er person is infront.no biggie
    the only thing mightbe an issue is that you cant sit to relax the legs if need to..
    from there,ill say only this....they say 1/3.or 1/2 will be GA at the show...
    means ALL GA will be distance talking from stage,in the first 10-15 rows (if was seated)so u understand how it will be played.

will be great..we have short people here,more old people here..all going to the shows and have a blast...
    really isnt something that you have to think alot!!!
    you walk in,take your spot and enjoy,sing,dance...[/quote]

Thanks for your observations. I've done GA before and have somewhat mixed emotions about it. It was the 98 show in Barre Ontario. I waited in the hot sun for roughly 8 hours waiting to get in. I got pretty close to the stage until PJ came out and the mosh pit started. I spent the rest of the show acting as a human shield for a pretty little blond who I didn't even know.

Now that's just one instance but I can tell you it didn't make the show any more enjoyable to me. I had to protect myself rather than being able to just dance and watch the show. It made for a memorable show but not one that I'd relish repeating.

But, times are different and I'm willing to give it another chance (like I have a choice). My issue is that by observing the past lotteries I know that there is a real risk in spending your chit on GA. There is a large demand and small supply which ends in heartbreak. So, my decision is whether to take the safe bet and take the reserved seats knowing that there is a good chance I'd get them. Or risk it all on GA.

With the F5 method this in theory wouldn't be an issue. Once you got in the system you could choose either GA or seated. If GA was sold out, then you could just settle for seated. Not so with the lottery.
  • Options
    Ok,just want to say this,no matter if i agree with your opinion,or not,if i see things different soemtimes,i really fuckin love to read you,you post are always respectfully,try ro put logic and see things from all the sides..
    just wanted to say this :thumbup:

Thanks :) I do what I can. I developed that in university. I took Econ and Poli Sci at the same time, I became very conflicted. As a result I started to empathize with both sides of an argument, which has been a useful asset.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    I'm female and just over 5'2". Oh, and I'm 36, so no spring chicken either!

95% of gigs I go to are GA (and I go to a LOT of gigs) - an they run the gambit from really quiet bands/crowds to really heavy bands/crowds. I've only ever felt the need to move further back once at a gig due to heat/crushing. It's much easier if you can get on the rail, but even if you don't, you can still hold your own in a PJ crowd 3-4 rows back (especially if slightly off to one side).

You 'll all be fine and you'll all have a blast. Just don't expect the people around you not to do a bit of pogo-ing and rocking out, it is a rock gig after all. ;)
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    choop wrote:
    this is going to be so great for the energy level of the shows. no more arms crossed during songs, no more mass exodus during even flow.

even if it's to your detriment seating wise, i don't see how you couldn't love this. time for some new blood up front, and the band will feed of it.

Nail.....head......boom!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    Mamasan BrenMamasan Bren Posts: 959
    stickfig13 wrote:
    iamica wrote:

Agree 100%, but I really think an all 10C pit with a bunch of long time 10C members will be a little more chill than a normal pit. We will all be there to watch the show. Plus we're old! :lol:

Saying it's a 10 Club pit so all will be fine. Being in the club doesn't necessarily equate that you're a respectful pit patron. Plus, you don't think that concerts have a lot of tickets being changed over, exchanged, scalped resulting in any and all fans in GA? I think this is more of a reality than you imagine. Plenty of tickets can get sold between pick up and showtime. Deals can be set up way ahead of time and then done the day of. 10 Clubbers second priority for GA might hit, and they prefer switching out to seats, etc. I prefer GA, don't get me wrong, but you never know what your pit experience is going to be. It's a roll of the dice on what kind of night you're going to get in sharing with your GA neighbors. I think PJ is truly meant to be seen in a GA way. I loved Euro pits but a few times I was near passing out and crushed to hell by some assholes.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • Options
    stickfig13 wrote:

Saying it's a 10 Club pit so all will be fine. You don't think that concerts have a lot of tickets being changed over, exchanged, scalped resulting in any and all fans in GA? I think this is more of a reality than you imagine. Plenty of tickets can get sold between pick up and showtime. Deals can be set up way ahead of time and then done the day of. 10 Clubbers second priority for GA might hit, and they prefer switching out to seats, etc. I prefer GA, don't get me wrong, but you never know what your pit experience is going to be. It's a roll of the dice on what kind of night you're going to get in sharing with your GA neighbors. I loved Euro pits but a few times I was near passing out and crushed to hell by some assholes.
    I am a 5'10" female, granted, but I have never felt even a little bit fearful for my safety in a pit in the past 15 years. Yes, I have moved back in a few cases, but that was back in the mid-90s. Times have changed. Even though I think the energy in pits is picking up a little bit lately compared to the past 8 years or so, they are still generally pretty tame unless it's a death metal show or something. Even the pit at Judas Priest about 4 years ago was mellow enough for people to feel completely safe, and that pit was filled with drunken skids. The pit in Missoula wasn't even all 10C, but it was 10C early entry, so the whole front half was mostly 10C, and it was super cool and relaxed. Any problems were quickly shut down by disapproving glares. :lol: There was some mild shoving here and there when some dick wad tried to muscle his way to the front and people pushed back, but it wasn't anything to get one's panties in a twist over. Yes, there can be a little jostling and stuff, but it IS a rock concert, so...

Sure, shit happens, but for the most part, I really don't think there is anything to worry about except whether or not your feet or back will be okay from standing for 3 hours. :lol: And, of course, pits can get hot, so dehydration is always something to be careful about. I have seen footage of GA in Europe though... Whole other story. They always seem to be a real crush. I don't see that happening in N.A. in a pit that is only 1/3 to 1/2 of an arena floor.