Options

The "I love AC/DC" thread...

veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
edited June 2013 in Other Music
Uncomplicated, good time, fun rock n' roll. You love them, you hate them, it doesn't matter to me. I've been a fan for 34 years now. Who's in? :mrgreen:
Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    I'm in!! Wore out the grooves on my Back in Black album back in the day!!

Cheers and be well,
    BS
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    In nearly 40 years, AC/DC have been playing the same freaking song.

And that song kicks untold amounts of ass.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    I'm in...I was given a 12" single of Rock'n'Roll ain't noise pollution when I was 16...played it 'til it would'nt play no more then nailed it to my bedroom wall...Back in Black followed soon after then it was back catalogue time...

So...next big question that always follows...Bon or Brian ?

For me it has to be Bon, but Brian has filled those big boots more than admirably...
  • Options
    Pjzepp67 wrote:
    I'm in...I was given a 12" single of Rock'n'Roll ain't noise pollution when I was 16...played it 'til it would'nt play no more then nailed it to my bedroom wall...Back in Black followed soon after then it was back catalogue time...

For me it has to be Bon, but Brian has filled those big boots more than admirably...

My big sister was getting into all sorts of music in the late 70's and I heard it all second hand, Rush, Whitesnake, Scorpions, The Cars, Rainbow and tons more. I liked most of what I heard and then one Saturday morning the noise that came from her room was cranked up a few notches more than usual. I had to go and investigate this brilliant noise and as I went in I saw the image of a man all bloodied with a guitar sticking through him lying on the bed and the noise was Riff Raff being played to a really rabid Scottish audience. The obsession with music had already started before then but for the next couple of years at least I had a new favourite band. My birthday and Christmas presents were easy from now on too. Bon Scott's era definitely produced the better music but Brian Johnson's awful but somehow listenable growl has rightly made them multi million selling global stars. They haven't produced a really good album in who knows how many attempts but the second they announce a tour it turns grown men and women into excitable little boys and girls. They're just a great night out and the soundtrack to a million parties. They get a hard time for what they do but to me they are much more credible than the Stones who hide behind a wall of backing musicians. Still the greatest pub band ever and amazingly 40 years old now! :)

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • Options
    Aye...big sisters have a lot to answer for...here's tae them... :D
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Pjzepp67 wrote:

Anybody that answers Brian is wrong. They have definitely become a good time basic rock band with him in the group, but the Bon era had at least a few different songs. Ride On, for example, is on of my absolute favorite. They were just a better band Highway to Hell and before. Back in Black is still a monster album thought.
  • Options
    Yep, saw them on the last tour. You know what you're gonna get and they deliver it. Highway to Hell, Back in Black and For those about to Rock are 3 killer albums
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    Pearl Jam are my favourite band. However when it comes to picking the best all out, pure rock band on the planet - I would choose ACDC hands down.

I say them at the O2 in London on the last tour, and watching Angus appear on stage is the only time I can remember being properly star struck at a gig - it took me a couple of songs before I could take it all in!! (and they were flipping amazing....)

....and I'm definitely on the Bon side of the debate. :D
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited June 2013
    Back in Black is great (tho it was so overplayed for so long that I can rarely get into it anymore), and they have their moments after that...but I'd take any Bon-era stuff over anything post BiB....Dirty Deeds was one of the first rock albums I ever got into...my friends older brother was a huge fan of AC/DC, Maiden, Rush, Queen,etc....I was 7 at the time....snickering about Big Balls is one of my first music memories :)

If I had to pick a fav, this is it....I think Stone would kill this riff, I've always wanted PJ to cover it...so dirty:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3nEAmt5AZ8
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    nigel wrote:
    Pearl Jam are my favourite band. However when it comes to picking the best all out, pure rock band on the planet - I would choose ACDC hands down.

I say them at the O2 in London on the last tour, and watching Angus appear on stage is the only time I can remember being properly star struck at a gig - it took me a couple of songs before I could take it all in!! (and they were flipping amazing....)

....and I'm definitely on the Bon side of the debate. :D

Couldn't agree more! The setlist below was my first ever gig at 14 years old and I couldn't believe Angus was just there 30 feet from me. I thought it would just be the same for any gig but I have never had the same feeling at other shows, close but not the same. I saw them on the same tour as yourself in Glasgow and it was just like being 14 again. One of my friends from near Edinburgh first ever gig was the Glasgow Apollo show that was recorded for the If You Want Blood album and he saw them in Birmingham on the Highway To Hell tour too. Would have loved to have seen Bon... :(

Edinburgh Playhouse, Jan 22nd 1986.

1. Fly on the Wall
    2. Back in Black
    3. Shake Your Foundations
    4. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    5. You Shook Me All Night Long
    6. Sin City
    7. Jailbreak
    8. The Jack
    9. Shoot to Thrill
    10. Highway to Hell
    11. Whole Lotta Rosie
    12. Let There Be Rock

Encore:
    13. Hells Bells
    14. T.N.T.
    15. For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

• Options
    My friend was at the Edinburgh Playhouse gig in 86'...12 pints of heavy and 4 doobies later he fell asleep/passed out 5 minutes in to the gig...oooof !!! :fp:
  • Options
    Pjzepp67 wrote:
    My friend was at the Edinburgh Playhouse gig in 86'...12 pints of heavy and 4 doobies later he fell asleep/passed out 5 minutes in to the gig...oooof !!! :fp:

Ha ha what a bummer... :D

Someone who went from where I live which is pretty much a whole days travel lost his common sense for a minute when the band were at the first chorus on Fly On The Wall (first song) and preceded to jump on stage to put his arm around Angus. He was manhandled out by security and saw no more... idiot! :D