A couple of Wrigley questions

Comments

• rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Like was previously stated. You buy a cheap seat ticket for daughter, you give your good seats to people in that row so you can sit together as a family. That or you let the wife and kid sit in the good seats and you sit in the back alone. Don't try and sneak her in and get thrown out, not a good image for your kid. If they do let her in the only problem I would have is if you put the kid on your shoulders.

The preparty barbecue thing in my opinion is not a big deal. You find a quiet corner, eat, have a few drinks and go. I doubt it will be some animal house party. Now definitely don't take her to Full Shilling, that is going to be a shit show for sure. There is going to be chips, dips, chains, whips...
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    verceman wrote:

I wouldn't be stealing as you so eloquently put it as I would purchase a ticket for her and she would sit in mine or my wife's lap or stand in front of us during the show. Stealing is taking something that rightfully belongs to someone else and we wouldn't be doing that.

RM

So why are you going to buy "any old ticket" to get into the building? Because of her size, you think it is OK to pay for an upper ticket and use it for the field? Why wouldn't you buy a field level seat off stubhub?

Because I'm not going to pay the $1000 asking price for field reserve seats I'm seeing on StubHub, that's just ridiculous.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,205
    You have three people....and

You have two tickets.....and

You want to sit together....so

You better get three tickets together for all three people.

Summer nights at Wrigley are awesome, get yourself three seats together by swapping out your tickets and spend the night as a family in the upper deck. Don't smash yourself, wife and daughter into 2 seats.
    Get_Right wrote:
    A big rock show in Chicago is no place for a 7 year old.
    Not sure why you would even think of bringing a child to a pre-party at what is essentially a BAR.
    Just my two cents.

I guess we have a difference of opinion regarding your first comment. This isn't Pearl Jam circa 1992 that we're talking about here where the crowd is all rowdy and out of control. My wife is the most cautious person I know when it comes to bringing our daughter to certain places with crowds and she even feels comfortable bringing her to the show after having been to several herself.

Regarding your second comment, the Ivy League Baseball Club is more of a suite than a traditional bar.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    81 wrote:
    SEACIDE wrote:
    Find a baby sitter in Chicago......

i'm available for child sitting services.....

a scary fucking thought :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Man what is it with parents these days you couldn't work this out months ago :fp:

Oh yes, we're such crazy, irresponsible parents...LOL! As I stated in my original post, we did have this worked out months ago when I first got the tickets as a responsible parent would do. However our grandparents can no longer watch her due to another commitment hence why I'm looking at ALL my options right now given that everything is paid in full at this point.

I think we'll just leave her in the hotel room while we go to the BBQ and the show. She's pretty good about entertaining herself and it'll only be a few hours. I mean what could go wrong? :corn:
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,205
    Get_Right wrote:
    Not sure why you would even think of bringing a child to a pre-party at what is essentially a BAR.
    Just my two cents.

I guess we have a difference of opinion regarding your first comment. This isn't Pearl Jam circa 1992 that we're talking about here where the crowd is all rowdy and out of control. My wife is the most cautious person I know when it comes to bringing our daughter to certain places with crowds and she even feels comfortable bringing her to the show after having been to several herself.

Regarding your second comment, the Ivy League Baseball Club is more of a suite than a traditional bar.

Your spot on with the BBQ post. The rooftops are not bars, they are private clubs and kids are in them all the time. Your daughter will be perfectly fine at the BBQ as long as 10 club OKs it. Its not like people are gonna be smoking dope in there or sniffing blow on the bar tops. It will be a nice gathering of PJ fans with some drinks and food.

They show however is gonna be 3 hours or more. My 7 year old would last 10 minutes and then complain so much to my wife and I that no one would have fun. Like I said, get three seats together, enjoy the weather walk the dump of a concourse and spend time together......
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    Get_Right wrote:
    Just my two cents.

All good.
    Good luck finding a solution to your problem.
    I say bribe the in-laws and have the weekend you originally planned!
    Like was previously stated. You buy a cheap seat ticket for daughter, you give your good seats to people in that row so you can sit together as a family. That or you let the wife and kid sit in the good seats and you sit in the back alone. Don't try and sneak her in and get thrown out, not a good image for your kid. If they do let her in the only problem I would have is if you put the kid on your shoulders.

The preparty barbecue thing in my opinion is not a big deal. You find a quiet corner, eat, have a few drinks and go. I doubt it will be some animal house party. Now definitely don't take her to Full Shilling, that is going to be a shit show for sure. There is going to be chips, dips, chains, whips...

If I'm taking her to the BBQ, I'm definitely taking her to the Full Shilling!!! Got to make sure she gets the FULL experience!! :shock: :o
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    If I'm taking her to the BBQ, I'm definitely taking her to the Full Shilling!!! Got to make sure she gets the FULL experience!! :shock: :o

thank god the full schilling is a over 21 establishment. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Man what is it with parents these days you couldn't work this out months ago :fp:

Oh yes, we're such crazy, irresponsible parents...LOL! As I stated in my original post, we did have this worked out months ago when I first got the tickets as a responsible parent would do. However our grandparents can no longer watch her due to another commitment hence why I'm looking at ALL my options right now given that everything is paid in full at this point.

I think we'll just leave her in the hotel room while we go to the BBQ and the show. She's pretty good about entertaining herself and it'll only be a few hours. I mean what could go wrong? :corn:

You should of drew straws as to who stays at home with daughter and just gone solo in other words leave the wife at home and i do have two kids that are teens but i never had to take them to a concert that i wanted to attend , i'm sure you will work it out though sorry if i came off like an ass i do that once every 20yrs or so ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    People who are blaming you for your plans falling through are just silly... pretty sure this is not an ideal situation for you, but youre just trying to roll with the punches... I will tell you though, that I tried to do the 3 in 2 seats deal at a police concert at Wrigley and it didnt work out well. My sister who is probably only slightly bigger that your 7 year old had ticket a part from us (long story) and we tried to sneak her down by us. There simply was NO room! Wrigley seats are tight as hell as it is. It was a pain and everyone around us was pissed... It may have been easier if we were at the end of a row but we werent and there was just no room.

And as far as the 10 club thing, I would pass on this as well. Past events may have been tame, but summer, wrigleyville, pj show, pj fans = trouble.

Here's what I would do if you trust it: https://www.monicare.com/hotel-babysitt ... ce-chicago
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...

You should of drew straws as to who stays at home with daughter and just gone solo in other words leave the wife at home and i do have two kids that are teens but i never had to take them to a concert that i wanted to attend , i'm sure you will work it out though sorry if i came off like an ass i do that once every 20yrs or so ...

It's all good bro, I remember meeting you at PJ20 and thought you were a pretty cool dude. Heck, if memory serves me correctly I think I even shared some of my California kind with you during one of the tailgate sessions that weekend.
    Gmoney wrote:
    People who are blaming you for your plans falling through are just silly... pretty sure this is not an ideal situation for you, but youre just trying to roll with the punches... I will tell you though, that I tried to do the 3 in 2 seats deal at a police concert at Wrigley and it didnt work out well. My sister who is probably only slightly bigger that your 7 year old had ticket a part from us (long story) and we tried to sneak her down by us. There simply was NO room! Wrigley seats are tight as hell as it is. It was a pain and everyone around us was pissed... It may have been easier if we were at the end of a row but we werent and there was just no room.

And as far as the 10 club thing, I would pass on this as well. Past events may have been tame, but summer, wrigleyville, pj show, pj fans = trouble.

Here's what I would do if you trust it: https://www.monicare.com/hotel-babysitt ... ce-chicago

Ah yes, finally someone who gets it!! Thanks for the feedback and the suggestions, they are appreciated. The wife is very particular about who we leave our daughter with so I'm not sure if she would agree to a nanny service but its at least something to check out. I'm also toying around with the option of bringing our niece along with us so she can watch our daughter while we go to the show.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    We mett ? really , like i said i came off like an ass i hope all your plans work out great and you and the wife & kid can have a fantastic weekend ... :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    81 wrote:

Anyone under 18 should be allowed in with an adult guardian, no?
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Gmoney wrote:

Ah yes, finally someone who gets it!! Thanks for the feedback and the suggestions, they are appreciated. The wife is very particular about who we leave our daughter with so I'm not sure if she would agree to a nanny service but its at least something to check out. I'm also toying around with the option of bringing our niece along with us so she can watch our daughter while we go to the show.
    Bringing your niece to watch her is a stellar idea!! Best idea yet!
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

21...or stay out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    true dat.
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

21...or stay out.

What about Peacefrompaul?

sometimes there has to be collateral damage
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

sometimes there has to be collateral damage
    :lol:
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Waiting for next year... Posts: 3,365
    81 wrote:

21...or stay out.

Mamasan talked to the bar and because there will be so many people there for the party, they are not allowing anyone under 21 in...if it was a normal day then someone under 21 could probably get in with their parent
    I lost a bet...
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Damn sucks that your sitters bailed on you like that. If you can't find someone else to watch her at home for the weekend then I mean .... i guess it also depends on your hotel and the location. it doesn't seem like a huge deal to me to leave a 7 year old in the hotel by herself for a few hours. Make sure the hotel has cable and internet, have her bring some of her stuff to do, coloring books or homework or whatever. Maybe you can rent a Wii or something :D Is it obvious that I don't have kids?
    i would say bring her with you to pick up 10c tickets maybe people will be acting stupid and she won't even want to go :) and of course make sure she's got a way of texting u and her mom during the show, like every hour on the hour to let u know she's ok.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    duska3419 wrote:
    it doesn't seem like a huge deal to me to leave a 7 year old in the hotel by herself for a few hours.

Billy will be happy to keep her company
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    I'd love to bring my daughter, she's 8, a huge fan, but no way is she ready for a PJ show. She's seen Ed live a couple of times. The 2nd time the crowd was obnoxious, outdoor venue, but they were having a good time and I understand that. It really hindered the way I could enjoy the show because I was worried about her. My husband and I are flying in, we have GA. Would love to bring her just to see the city, but would require some sort of sitting service. Maybe we can go in on a "baby" sitting service at the hotel, this way the 2 would be together? Anyway, a thought. I'd like her to see and experience Chicago. We however have the option of leaving her home with the grandparents.
    BTW, we did the old trick with the tickets at the Ed show and had no issues.
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    I'd love to bring my daughter, she's 8, a huge fan, but no way is she ready for a PJ show. She's seen Ed live a couple of times. The 2nd time the crowd was obnoxious, outdoor venue, but they were having a good time and I understand that. It really hindered the way I could enjoy the show because I was worried about her. My husband and I are flying in, we have GA. Would love to bring her just to see the city, but would require some sort of sitting service. Maybe we can go in on a "baby" sitting service at the hotel, this way the 2 would be together? Anyway, a thought. I'd like her to see and experience Chicago. We however have the option of leaving her home with the grandparents.

did you use the "kid trick" to get your photo with EV?

that seems to be a common tactic these days.
  • Hunger StrikeHunger Strike Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 229
    No that's really me and Ed. No tricks.

Our daughter LOVES to travel so she got super excited when we told her that she was going to come with us to Chicago after all. Obviously I want to share my favorite band with her so I thought I would try to figure out a way to make it work for Wrigley as that would really make her Chicago trip a memorable one for years to come. But you're right, I probably wouldn't enjoy the show as much only because I would be constantly worried about her and if she could see or not so it's probably best to not take her.

Maybe they'll finally announce a fall tour and they'll swing through the Bay Area and I can take her then.

RM
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

Our daughter LOVES to travel so she got super excited when we told her that she was going to come with us to Chicago after all. Obviously I want to share my favorite band with her so I thought I would try to figure out a way to make it work for Wrigley as that would really make her Chicago trip a memorable one for years to come. But you're right, I probably wouldn't enjoy the show as much only because I would be constantly worried about her and if she could see or not so it's probably best to not take her.

Maybe they'll finally announce a fall tour and they'll swing through the Bay Area and I can take her then.

RM

So you already told her she was going with you and your wife to Chicago, and now you're pulling the rug out from under her and telling her she's not going now?

Geez! Welcome to life, full of heartache and disappointment!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18