A couple of Wrigley questions

Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
edited June 2013 in The Porch
I was fortunate enough to win the lottery for both the reserved field/lower bowl seats and the 2 person travel package. This was supposed to be a little get-away weekend for the wife and myself however we've run into a small dilemma with child care for our 7 year old daughter and now we're bringing her with us to Chicago.

Since she'll be joining us I wanted to try and bring her to the concert with us but I'm pretty sure finding a single field/lower bowl ticket will be next to impossible. If I just get her any old ticket to get into the show do you think I'll have a problem getting her down to our seats if she doesn't have a field reserved ticket?

Also, do you think they would allow us to bring her to the fan club BBQ if I only purchased the 2 person package?

I've e-mailed the 10club regarding my last question but wanted to get your feedback as well.

RM
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    First off sneaking someone into seating is stealing.. Second off why the FUCK would you want to bring a 7 year old little girl to the shit show that will be that 10c party?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Did you even READ that package?!?
    Seriously!! They are GIVING AWAY ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you get that part of the memo?????
    If I had children, there is NO WAY IN HELL I'd be bringing my 7 yr old daughter to a party like that! The concert that's one thing she's old enough to get it and enjoy it.. But why subject her to obnoxious drunks??
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    1) buy her any old ticket. Go to that seat. Find two people in that row and give them your lower bowl seats. They win and you get to see the show with your kid.

2) daughter at BBQ would be a no go in my book
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 679
    -I can't see security allowing three people into the field seats with two field tickets, regardless of how adorable your daughter is

-If you got past security, if I were in the field seats and you were in my row, I think I would be annoyed that you had three people for two seats, regardless of how adorable your daughter is.

-As for the BBQ, you should call the venue and find out if kids under 8 are free or something like that. Otherwise you would have to buy a pair of tickets for $150, which is pretty bogus that they aren't selling singles. Seems like they shouldn't charge a 7 year old kid the same price, since she obviously can't partake in the drinks.
    1) buy her any old ticket. Go to that seat. Find two people in that row and give them your lower bowl seats. They win and you get to see the show with your kid.

+1,00000. Brilliant.
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    verceman wrote:
    -I can't see security allowing three people into the field seats with two field tickets, regardless of how adorable your daughter is

One person walk in and ask someone for use of their ticket for five minutes, walk back out and then the three can walk back in together. While returning the person their ticket that let you borrow it.
    verceman wrote:
    -If you got past security, if I were in the field seats and you were in my row, I think I would be annoyed that you had three people for two seats, regardless of how adorable your daughter is.

Really, that would bother you to have a 7 year old standing on the seats behind her parents that were standing up in front of the seats just like you were? How does that annoy or affect anything about your life?
    verceman wrote:
    -As for the BBQ, you should call the venue and find out if kids under 8 are free or something like that. Otherwise you would have to buy a pair of tickets for $150, which is pretty bogus that they aren't selling singles. Seems like they shouldn't charge a 7 year old kid the same price, since she obviously can't partake in the drinks.

The BBQ may be a different thing....free alcohol for everyone + little kids present = not a good thing.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Its an age old trick...all you do is,buy a crappy ticket and have your wife go the shitty seat while you go to the good seats with your daughter. Then you leave your daughter at the good seats (assuming your willing to, although 7 may be a little young) and then you go meet your wife at the shitty seat with both tickets in hand. You give her one and you guys go to the good seats. Done.

I highly doubt anyone near you is going to say something about a 7 year old girl taking up 1 foot of space.

I would have to say BBQ thing, $75 a ticket, is almost definitely not going to happen.
    2008 - 6/28, 6/30
    2009 - 8/21,10/30, 10/31
    2010 - 5/15, 5/17, 5/20, 5/21
    2011 - 9/3/11, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12, 9/14
    2012 - 9/2
    2013 - 7/19, 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/25
    2014 - 6/16. 6/17, 6/20, 10/1

EV solo 8.1.08, 6.8.09, 6.15.11, 6.16.11
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    I doubt the rooftop event will be a drunken orgy. no more so than on a cubs game.
    that said, have fun sneaking your kid on the floor. security checks floor tix religiously at wrigley.

One person walk in and ask someone for use of their ticket for five minutes, walk back out and then the three can walk back in together. While returning the person their ticket that let you borrow it.

True. That would work.

Really, that would bother you to have a 7 year old standing on the seats behind her parents that were standing up in front of the seats just like you were? How does that annoy or affect anything about your life?

Difference of opinion. These tickets were really hard to come by, and very expensive for some, I would be annoyed by someone bucking the system in this way. I really like the other idea posted - taking the worse seats to be with your kid.
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    you can always either not go. or leave the kid at home with the grandparents.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    The concert that's one thing she's old enough to get it and enjoy it.. But why subject her to obnoxious drunks??

:? A PJ concert at Wrigley is gonna be an obnoxious drunk convention. Standard PJ shows are bad enough, but factor in the amount of people that are going b/c it's the cool thing and it'll probably get pretty outta control.

The "buy one ticket for your daughter and trade your 2 with someone in her row" plan seems the best. Asking other fans to overlook an extra person is just kinda selfish and there are logical ways around it.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    First off sneaking someone into seating is stealing.. Second off why the FUCK would you want to bring a 7 year old little girl to the shit show that will be that 10c party?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Did you even READ that package?!?
    Seriously!! They are GIVING AWAY ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you get that part of the memo?????
    If I had children, there is NO WAY IN HELL I'd be bringing my 7 yr old daughter to a party like that! The concert that's one thing she's old enough to get it and enjoy it.. But why subject her to obnoxious drunks??

Wow, I ask a few simple questions and this is the first response that I get??? I'm always open to feedback that may differ from my point of view but communicating it in a rude manner like you did is just uncalled for.

I wouldn't be stealing as you so eloquently put it as I would purchase a ticket for her and she would sit in mine or my wife's lap or stand in front of us during the show. Stealing is taking something that rightfully belongs to someone else and we wouldn't be doing that.

Secondly, I've taken my daughter to a few football and baseball tailgates in the past where I feel the environment and obnoxiousness is probably far worse and I never had an issue so why would this BBQ be any different? She obviously wouldn't be drinking and more than likely she wouldn't even eat that much so it's not like she would be infringing on another persons portion by any means.

As I said in my original post I'm just trying to figure out how I can make this all work as our original child care options fell through and I've already invested a ton of money into this weekend.

RM
    ewokpelts wrote:
    you can always either not go. or leave the kid at home with the grandparents.

Well considering flights, hotel and tickets have already been purchased not going isn't really an option. And the grandparents were the ones we were going to leave her with but they had a conflict with their schedule and won't be able to watch her now.
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

2) daughter at BBQ would be a no go in my book

this is your answer right here.
    DewieCox wrote:
    The concert that's one thing she's old enough to get it and enjoy it.. But why subject her to obnoxious drunks??

:? A PJ concert at Wrigley is gonna be an obnoxious drunk convention. Standard PJ shows are bad enough, but factor in the amount of people that are going b/c it's the cool thing and it'll probably get pretty outta control.

The "buy one ticket for your daughter and trade your 2 with someone in her row" plan seems the best. Asking other fans to overlook an extra person is just kinda selfish and there are logical ways around it.

Not sure what PJ shows you've been to but I've been to 36 shows in several different cities and countries and there hasn't been one time where it felt or looked like a drunken convention to me. PJ20 was probably the closest to being a drunk fest but even that was tame if you ask me.

As far as giving two people my field reserve tickets in exchange for their tickets is probably not going to happen. I just don't see how having a 7 yr old, 50lb person standing in front of us or sitting in one of our seats is putting someone else out. I can see if it was a full grown adult but this is a child I'm talking about here.

Speaking from experience, I wasn't bothered by it in '03 when a young couple did the very same thing in Vegas and I was sitting in the front row for that show!! But I guess that was a different day and age when there was definitely more of a community vibe going on.

RM
  • The best and most fair option would be to buy a single for your daughter and offer the two people next to her your seats down low as someone else stated. They will absolutely be checking all field entrances for field only tickets. If you have lower bowl tickets, I imagine it would be a bit easier to try and squeeze her in although personally, I think its a bit of a bs move.

If the pre-party thing isn't stated to be a 21+ over event, I imagine if the 10C allows you to bring your daughter, the atmosphere will not be too much for her to handle. If it becomes so, you can always split.
    Gorge
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    is this like that you have a boat and you need to get three animals across the river, but you can't leave one alone with the others questions?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    81 wrote:
    is this like that you have a boat and you need to get three animals across the river, but you can't leave one alone with the others questions?

:lol:

yes. don't leave your kid with 81!
  • toridaniothtoridanioth West Seattle Posts: 130
    I totally agree the first response was a little harsh.
    however- I would not be too pleased with a "babe in arms" that is 7 in my row. I need that dancing room!

I think you better find a babysitting option- depending on the quality of hotel you chose- they might have a service there- or maybe a week long summer camp.... 7 is a little young ......she doesn't have any little friends from school that might want to have a sleepover weekend?
    Lolla Alpine Valley 8/29/92 ,Key Arena 11/5/00 , Key Arena 11/6/00, NOLAJazzfest 5/1/10, Wrigley 7/19(20)/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 11/24/13, Bridge School 2014, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16, Seattle 2018 both nights!
    EV Long Beach 7/6/11 , LA Wiltern (miracled in) 7/8/11
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Have a friend or someone you trust come with you so they can watch your daughter while you are at the concert. I am considering do the same with my kids so we can do some sight seeing on Saturday. My son is nine and wants to go to a PJ concert with me. I am not taking him to Wrigley mainly because I feel it might get out of hand a bit and being on the floor he won't be able to see shit.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    I get the concert part.. That's on your conscience.. But it amazes me what parents are willing to subject their kids to in order to attend some drunken function.. My suggestion? Sell the BbQ tix to someone, take your kid to do something SHE'd enjoy doing that day.. All of you enjoy the concert the next day. I just can't see taking your kid to a free for all party.. There's people out there that'd buy the BBQ tix in a heartbeat, and no I'm not one of them.. Anyhow.. I apologize for my rudeness earlier.. I was just blown away that you'd even let that kind of thought enter your mind.. I guess I grew up around too many drunks.. I hate when kids have to see that shit, cause you know they'd much rather be playing than watching full grown adults get flat wasted. Anyhow good luck.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    A big rock show in Chicago is no place for a 7 year old.
    Not sure why you would even think of bringing a child to a pre-party at what is essentially a BAR.
    Just my two cents.

I wouldn't be stealing as you so eloquently put it as I would purchase a ticket for her and she would sit in mine or my wife's lap or stand in front of us during the show. Stealing is taking something that rightfully belongs to someone else and we wouldn't be doing that.

RM

So why are you going to buy "any old ticket" to get into the building? Because of her size, you think it is OK to pay for an upper ticket and use it for the field? Why wouldn't you buy a field level seat off stubhub?
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383

for what it's worth.....I won't be there ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Man what is it with parents these days you couldn't work this out months ago :fp:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Do all you people making comments about how "this is such a dumb idea", or "why couldn't you have already figured this out", or "just sit up in the upper deck and give your better seats away" have kids of your own?

Plans change, things happen, kids are a wildcard in every decision a parent ever tries to make. As a parent that is going to the show, and taking my kids....I totally understand the dilemma the op has.

If a 7 year old kid gets in your way as you're dancing, you're probably bothering the other adults around your area anyway. A kid on a chair takes up less space than an adult. The op is not trying to sneak their kid over the fence for free, they're just playing with the cards that they have been dealt.

Just chill out! 8-)
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    Find a baby sitter in Chicago......
    Love is all you need.....
    imalive wrote:

for what it's worth.....I won't be there ;)
    The BBQ or the show? Or neither? Lol
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    SEACIDE wrote:
    Find a baby sitter in Chicago......

i'm available for child sitting services.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • toridaniothtoridanioth West Seattle Posts: 130
    edited May 2013
    selfish me- i get protective over other people's kids at concerts- and i don't like it-
    -whispering hands- i totally get not wanting kids in that environment!!!!

and as for dancing in my row- a 7 year old with her own seat- not a problem- a 7 year old without a seat- problem- because then the adult is probably giving that seat to the kid and the adult is in limbo then I have less room- that i paid for- to dance in. I know my concert etiquette on how to respect those around me.
    Post edited by toridanioth on
    Lolla Alpine Valley 8/29/92 ,Key Arena 11/5/00 , Key Arena 11/6/00, NOLAJazzfest 5/1/10, Wrigley 7/19(20)/13, SD 11/21/13, LA 11/23/13, LA 11/24/13, Bridge School 2014, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16, Seattle 2018 both nights!
    EV Long Beach 7/6/11 , LA Wiltern (miracled in) 7/8/11
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Do all you people making comments about how "this is such a dumb idea", or "why couldn't you have already figured this out", or "just sit up in the upper deck and give your better seats away" have kids of your own?

Plans change, things happen, kids are a wildcard in every decision a parent ever tries to make. As a parent that is going to the show, and taking my kids....I totally understand the dilemma the op has.

If a 7 year old kid gets in your way as you're dancing, you're probably bothering the other adults around your area anyway. A kid on a chair takes up less space than an adult. The op is not trying to sneak their kid over the fence for free, they're just playing with the cards that they have been dealt.

Just chill out! 8-)

I have kids and realize that plans can change around the kids, but that doesn't mean that other people should have to be inconvenienced. Yeah, a small child isn't gonna get in anybody's way, but I don't expect that every other person that's paying good money to see it the way I see it.