Options

uncomfortable..

Comments

• Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    TheGhost wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:
    You guys are kidding right? His point is very clearly "Keep your clothes on, use your head, Vote." The part about shitting on little girl's heads? It's a joke.

Pretty sensitive take on something ed said ten years ago that is (1) obvious as to his real meaning, and (2) really not that shocking or offensive to begin with.

Move along folks...
    Not kidding. I think it's amazing how much it upset him. No desire to be negative. I LOVE this band. I had a bad show once and ended up flipping off two ladies (from the stage) who pissed me off.. (long story) and ended up feeling ashamed knowing i wouldn't have done that to a couple of tough dudes.

I had to watch "and I shake at the memory" Evanesnes or what ever you call them. I gave her the bird for 2 hours and booed. Giving someone the finger? You are telling them in a non violent way... Back off. I've done it to tough dudes, and I had no fears of them, they were wrong. We all have bad days. ;)
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    this was really funny actually.

people need to CCCCCHHHHHHHIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL!
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    sometimes is all Chinese to me here in the forum...
    Great song... sounds english to me.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    cant exactly remember the show i was at, but some girl flashed ed... he lifted his shirt and flashed her right back.

i cant believe people are offended by what he said. its obvious that it shows how devolved and overly pc and sue happy everyone has become in this country over the past 20 yrs. people get so offended at the drop of a hat these days, THAT is sickening :sick:
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    That whole clip is fucking funny! People need to chill. That clip is part of the reason I've loved pearl jam all these years.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd9iOpMSOns

This show made me fall in love. :D

More shoes...

I'm serious . That was the best moment and so badass.
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,886
    TheGhost wrote:
    I feel like I don't come off very well in this forum.

Don't sweat it.. It's all just discussion with personal opinion.. All good my friend...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    STAYSEA wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd9iOpMSOns

This show made me fall in love. :D

More shoes...

im completely offended that ed is talking about beating the shit out of poor fans who cant afford shoes. and to drag poor jeff into it! im also offened by the word "moist." I am all butthurt. Now I feel the need to sue something, because it is my right as a close minded, tight assed american!
  • Options
    TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 534
    cant exactly remember the show i was at, but some girl flashed ed... he lifted his shirt and flashed her right back.

i cant believe people are offended by what he said. its obvious that it shows how devolved and overly pc and sue happy everyone has become in this country over the past 20 yrs. people get so offended at the drop of a hat these days, THAT is sickening :sick:
    not offensive. uncomfortable.
    Your light made us stars
  • Options
    TheGhost wrote:

in this day and age i dont really see the difference. you say potatoe, i say pottatoe...its all semantics
  • Options
    TheGhost wrote:

in this day and age i dont really see the difference. you say potatoe, i say pottatoe...its all semantics
    either way, it's spelled "potato".
    Your light made us stars
  • Options
    TheGhost wrote:
    TheGhost wrote:

im uncomfortable with your need to correct my spelling...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    TheGhost wrote:
    I feel like I don't come off very well in this forum.
    oh.no with your thread..i try to understand some comments..i dont get them..
    the thread its ok,and can have a conversation..some comments confuse me..or i dont understand the meaning of them
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    in this day and age i dont really see the difference. you say potatoe, i say pottatoe...its all semantics[/quote]
    either way, it's spelled "potato".[/quote] :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Geez, nobody gets my humor around here...
    Your light made us stars
  • Options
    im uncomfortable with your need to correct my spelling...[/quote]

:lol::lol: awesome
    Your light made us stars
  • Options
    TheGhost wrote:
    either way, it's spelled "potato".[/quote] :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Geez, nobody gets my humor around here...[/quote]

you have a sense of humor? being uncomfortable with what he said? he was joking ;)
  • Options
    TheGhost wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Geez, nobody gets my humor around here...[/quote]

you have a sense of humor? being uncomfortable with what he said? he was joking ;)[/quote]
    Well, goodnight! I was just interested in talking about Pj's confrontational side. Sorry I came off humorless.
    Your light made us stars
  • Options
    aw, dont get upset. i was only bustin balls
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382

I agreed with another person about the ending being a bit off...but am I offended? No, if I were really offended I would not commment about it. I mean saying you like shitting on little girls heads...not an every day comment...but being a person of rational mind...and having the ability to think (most of the time)...I know the last comment Ed said was more out of frustration.
    If these are people's opinions than why can't they voice them? Just as you are voicing yours. Are people offended to the point that he/she is asking for the link to be removed? Are they really offended or is he/she being labeled as such.

I think the first part of Ed's rant is great.,,it made a statement but then I FEEL his comment loses credibility when he goes further...and I think the further he ranted the more it was out of anger.
    It would be interesting to hear Ed's thought on his comment today. Someone get on that... :D
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    moses562 wrote:

I agreed with another person about the ending being a bit off...but am I offended? No, if I were really offended I would not commment about it. I mean saying you like shitting on little girls heads...not an every day comment...but being a person of rational mind...and having the ability to think (most of the time)...I know the last comment Ed said was more out of frustration.
    If these are people's opinions than why can't they voice them? Just as you are voicing yours. Are people offended to the point that he/she is asking for the link to be removed? Are they really offended or is he/she being labeled as such.

I think the first part of Ed's rant is great.,,it made a statement but then I FEEL his comment loses credibility when he goes further...and I think the further he ranted the more it was out of anger.
    It would be interesting to hear Ed's thought on his comment today. Someone get on that... :D

but it was meant to be a joke. people seem to be looking to far into what he was saying
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    That dorky haircut made him do it.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    Come on guys, were all Ten Club members here. Pearl Jam is not Mötley Crüe. You didn't expect Eddie to act in this way? Girls pulling their tops off is not excepted conduct at a PJ show. You all know this. He may have insulted her a little bit but with Eddie being a male who supports many aspects of feminism I'm sure it was his way of telling that girl to show a little respect for herself by embarrassing her a little. I bet she hasn't pulled her top off since.
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    moses562 wrote:

I missed it. I retract my comment.

but it was meant to be a joke. people seem to be looking to far into what he was saying
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Oceans 98 wrote:
    I bet she hasn't pulled her top off since.

I bet she has... just not at a Pearl Jam show..
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    I laughed my fucking ass off
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • Options
    Nevermind90Nevermind90 Posts: 722
    vant0037 wrote:
    You guys are kidding right? His point is very clearly "Keep your clothes on, use your head, Vote." The part about shitting on little girl's heads? It's a joke.

Pretty sensitive take on something ed said ten years ago that is (1) obvious as to his real meaning, and (2) really not that shocking or offensive to begin with.

Move along folks...

this
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
  • Options
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    That dorky haircut made him do it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    davidvanbdavidvanb Central Pennsylvania Posts: 73
    I was at this show. If memory serves, it was originally supposed to be the last show of the second leg of the "Riot Act" tour which would have given them some family time before Mexico. At some point another show got shoehorned in after Hershey. Maybe this irked them? Also Ed would probably have just learned that he was going to be a father considering he became one in the Spring of '04 and watching a girl act like a piece of meat struck a nerve. Having been to the Bryce Jordan show during the first leg of the tour, the difference in "positive vibe" was measurable. The Hershey Stadium is this giant soulless concrete pit with zero character and crap sound. While I'm sure many people traveled from Philly, many others were from the greater Harrisburg area. I was reminded many times by looking around why the song "Not for You" was written. It was just an odd show in an odd place with some odd fans and it was blistering fucking hot that day, too. The combo would have ruined most "vibes".

Still, there is no place on Earth I would have rather been that day!
    Check out My PJ live show stats from LiveFootsteps.org
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    I was there. It was awkward. Hearing a rock star on stage telling a girl that took her shirt off that she should get out and vote instead was one of the lamest things I've ever heard. Par for the course for that show though. Dead crowd. Phoned in performance by the band. And a shitty Eddie rant fit right in. That all being said, how many times do we need to rehash this? It was lame...but whatever.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    I did like the Driven to Tears that night...

This was my 2nd show.. First was State College...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone