**Kitchener Fanviews Here**

Comments

• UNBELIEVABLE show!!...just amazing...that was an awesome setlist, the best of this tour so far...the boys love small venues

faithful, habit, blood, can't keep, WMA tag, indifference, and yellow ledbetter were highlights for me...blood was absoultely amazing...I don't think they could have played that better during vs.
    03: Toronto
    04: Toledo
    05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto, Quebec City, St. John's 1 & 2
    06: Toronto 1 & 2, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati
    07: London, Dusseldorf
    08: Tampa
  • Jerkoff wrote:
    I beg to differ. Five songs made their tour debut tonight

Actually six, I forgot about "Gimme Some Truth".

Long Road
    Faithful
    Gimme Some Truth
    Habit
    Leatherman
    Soon Forget
  • Anyone else think right before playing alive, when ed was talking about mother love bone and the such, that they were gonna bust out crown of thorns?

And did anyone hear me yell out right when everyone went silent there crown of thorns on mikes side on the side stage?

Yeah, made an ass outta myself there!

Hope it's on the boot :P

I was standing on Stones side and yelled the exact same thing at the exact sametime. Great minds we are
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    HilaryJam wrote:
    wow. that was maybe the best PJ show ive ever seen!

then i hope you have only seen 2 shows

although enc 2 was passable
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • good show. didnt leave amazed, but left satified and had a great time. wanted to hear animal and faithfull and got those two. couple comments...

ed sounded terrible on Gimme Some Truth

Given to Fly cant be played enough. one of their best live songs.

Black seemed longer than usual. so did Alive but that might have just been me.

i thought Jeremy sounded great considering I Never really cared for it on any of the boots i have

Some people said this show was better than buffalo 03'. and that's not true.

can't wait until toronto!
  • A wicked show indeed. I think the crowd was a little slow to start, but they really got going!!! LIke long road is a toughie for casual fans eh.

But yah, man of the hour was great, black was cool, I have always wanted to see it. I agree with the guy who said his voice is gonna be shot. Mines already done for after tonight, then london (I estimate will have the craziest crowd) and them hamilton (where I estimate the weakest crowd) I will not be able to talk by wednesday.

Then I have White Stripes friday, Jack Johnson saturday, then Pearl Jam again monday!!!

I wish my GF would dance around more, like she enjoys it but just stands there. Plus the people to my right were just kinda standing there. I am going nuts in london regardless of the people around me.

last exit ruled, Animal made me high as a kite. It was at that point I reexperienced the feeling that causes me to spend hundreds on PJ tickets. In fact I am shocked no one has mentioned this. Animal was popular back in the day, but no Jeremy, and the whole place was belting out the chorus like you wouldn't believe, and this is only the 3rd song in!!!

It was funny they did the whole thing where they are done after baba, and then mike straps on his strat and "argues" with ed for a minute or 2 while we all shit ourselves and then they play ledbetter. It was spectacular. I personally think baba is one of the best PJ live songs. Its just so uplifting, as soon as I hear it I have to jump ( this time on the stationary girl besides me foot) :))

Betterman was solid. I was thinking it might be the closer cause it went really long. There was an improv after the WMA tag that no one has mentioned. It was basically ED ripping on Bush and Chenney, which us Canadians generally enjoy :)

Another note, after betterman there was definately a hint of save it for later, some notes were played the beat was there, but it never happened. maybe next show :)

Ed fell down a few times and that was funny, really got the crowd going. After Ledbetter he fell straight to the ground like a board, it was funny. During Baba he was smashing tambourines into bits ( well knocking the silver discs off them anyway)
    Can't keep on the uke is something I love.

Also another note, he dedicated MOTH to Johnny ramone.

Hmm what else can I remeber?

He actually said about edmonton "fucking motherfuckers" the 2nd time when he was showing us how he can just make us go nuts by making fun of edmonton even though he doesn't mean it.

He said that Luke the Uke was named after Luc Robataille, and we all freaked out. Then he said "what do you think of Chris Chelios?" and we all booed :)
    His hockey knowledge seems impressive!

Habit was cool, but I wish I was around more jammers for that one.

Yah so it was a wicked concert and the crowd impressed as the show went on. I would love to hear a review from a naive journalist who went to the show not knowing what to expect, as I am sure they'd be blown away.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • two words "mind blowing."
    his was my first show of the tour and one thing i should point out is the intesnity in Eddies eyes. Sitting five rows back Stone's side i could of sworn it was 92' all over again. Mike and Jeff were all over the place like usual but it was Eddie who stole the show. He sounded unreal, every song he sung with such intense passion he almost caused the roof of the building to pop.
    He frequenlty ran to the back of the stage, side to side trying to envolve everyone in the show. during "blood" he threw himself to his knees, head hung with sweat dripping , gripping the microphone tightly screaming and spitting out the lyrics.
    A big highlight was MOTH, It was beautiful and the crowd really enjoed it, giving the band a big ovation, Eddie took notice thanking us.

I also had a blast at the CCFC fundraiser i met alot of great people , it felt like i was hanging out with some family.
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • The band and Ed fucking up all the time, starts to annoy me a little bit.
    The man they call my enemy, I've seen his eyes
    He looks just like me, a mirror

The more you read, we've been deceived
    Everyday it becomes clearer,...

Clearer.
  • not4unot4u Posts: 513
    i was there. They were fuckin rockin'!. its was truley awesome. Ed was on. The whole band was on. fire
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    wow what a night, just got back from driving 7 hours back to PA, must say probably been the best show I've ever been to, and the perfect end to a 3 day road trip(Niagra, Tornto, Kitchner). There was so much energy it was crazy. Given to fly, in my tree, and betterman were my highlights, it even looked like he pointed right at me during during betterman and I was 21 rows back, amazing show!

See ya in Philly!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Jerkoff wrote:
    Before what was supposed to be "Habit", Ed intro'ed about what this song is about and said, "It's called "Habit"". They played for about two seconds and fucked it up. Ed went back to the mic, said the exact same thing what the song was about, but this time he said, "It's called "Leatherman". So after "Leatherman", he says the same thing for a THIRD time, and says, "It's called "Habit"", and they finally got it right.

Also, don't know if anyone noticed, but Ed almost fucked up "Even Flow" too. He had his guitar on, all ready to play, and they went into "Even Flow". I was thinking, "He plays guitar on this now?", but he realized he was on the wrong song, laughed/smiled, and put his guitar down in time to sing the first line. He broke a string a few seconds into "Insignificance", but his tech switched his guitars as he sang the first verse, and never missed a beat.

About five songs in, Ed said, "Only this far in, and you're already better than the pansies in Edmonton". The crowd then started an "EDDIE!" chant,to which he said, "Is that your nickname for Edmonton?" (he late apologized for the Edmonton comments). He was VERY talkative tonight.

Amazing crowd, and that's coming from a person who attended the three Mexico shows. You could just feel it. After Ed's little pre-set, he said, "It's gonna be a good night". He wasn't kidding. They were ON.

KILLER poster too, my favourite one so far, besides Saskatoon. It's also worth noting that the Kitchener posters sold out, but they were selling the Thunder Bay and Calgary Ames posters as well. No credit cards at the merch booth.

Here is why the posters sold out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-Kitchener-MINT-poster-Canada-9-11-2005_W0QQitemZ7545975288QQcategoryZ53267QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ASSHOLES!
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Wow what a show.
    They where on fire lastnight. From new to old, soft to hard they played it.
    Had seats behind the stage thinking they where going to be crap. Ya right I would take those seats anyday. During Evenflow solo, Eddie was standing in front of us, behind the stage, having a smoke and drinking his wine, just dancing like a fool. Loved it.
    Then during Baba Oriley, he was banging his head agains the tamborine on the floor. Priceless.
    Anyway, Im really looking forward to Hamilton.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    (:Smile:) wrote:
    The band and Ed fucking up all the time, starts to annoy me a little bit.

not me...id rahter them be PJ than U2

U2 never fucks up bc they play the same set every night...i mean how can they?
  • two words : FUCKIN ROCKIN!!!!!!!!!!!
    Change don't come at once, it's a wave. Building before it breaks.
  • I thought it was a great night from both bands. Sleater Kinney tore it up to open, the last song was crazy, long, loud and definitely something for Pearl Jam to follow.

Pearl Jam played a show that was a bit bi-polar..... full of hits, yet also a few rarities. A ton of Ten (almost too much for me) was played yet they threw in stuff I never expected. MOTH, Gimme Some Truth and Faithful were highlites for me. I had a ball. though I could barely see them. My 10c tix had me near the back of the floor, which would have been fine if not for the linebacker in front of me was impossible to see around.

Great show nonetheless.
    Barrie 1992 
    Toronto 2003
    Kitchener 2005
    London 2005
    Toronto 1 2006
    Cleveland 2006
    Toronto 2009
    Toronto 2011
    Hamilton 2011
    London, Ont 2013
    Buffalo 2013
    Detroit 2014
    Toronto 1 2016
    Toronto 2 2016
    Hamilton 2022
    Toronto 2022
  • Sea wrote:
    Set list: Long Road, Last Exit, Animal, Save You, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Love Boat Captain, Corduroy, Insignificance, Gimmie Some Truth (by John Lennon), Faithfull, Jeremy, Even Flow, Leatherman, Habit, Blood

1st encore: Soon Forget, Can't Keep (solo on Uke), Man of the Hour, Small Town, Daughter/(WMA), Black, Alive

2nd encore: In My Tree, Indifference, Better Man, Baba O'Riley (by The Who), Yellow Ledbetter

edited: fixed typo

man of the hour is such a great tune. the movie, big fish, is so wicked.

gimme some truth was awesome and a nice surprise

overall a great show. it was friggin hot in there, probably cause the band was on fire :)
  • polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    wow ... my friggin' ears are still ringing ... band is as tight as ever ... it was good to see a lot of smiles on their faces throughout the show ...

i think i played a lot of their "hits" just cuz they are playing new towns and for many who haven't seen the band ever - its probably what they wanna hear most ... especially the casual fan that bought a ticket ...

i think for this reason - a lot of the shows are gonna have many of the same tunes ...
  • polaris wrote:
    wow ... my friggin' ears are still ringing ... band is as tight as ever ... it was good to see a lot of smiles on their faces throughout the show ...

good call on the smiles...i forgot to mention that.

the band seemed to be really enjoying themselves. it came across in the music and in ed's speeches. he was having fun. they were having fun. WE were having fun.

absolutely wicked !!
  • VOLITION wrote:
    I was standing on Stones side and yelled the exact same thing at the exact sametime. Great minds we are

Yes buddy! I knew someone else would do it! lol :D

CROWN OF THORNS IN LONDON!
  • about all the hits that were played, ive never heard jeremy live after 6 PJ shows, so i was glad to hear it! alive is always awesome, and i expect even flow. my brother who went with me is a casual fan, and he really wanted to hear daughter and betterman, so i was happy those were played for him. so the hits really worked out well for me!

indifference was still my biggest highlight. i was hoping they'd play it last, but they did better and played a few more after it which to me were just bonus! faithfull is another one of my favs that i didnt expect to hear.
    My name is HilaryJam, and I approve this message
    (The artist formerly known as BritneyJam)
  • Great show! Probably the best crowd I've ever been in for ANY concert. Everyone around me was cool and having a great time. I was very excited to hear Man of the Hour and Can't Keep. Can't wait for Hamilton, Toronto and Pittsburgh.
    I like bands.
  • HilaryJam wrote:
    about all the hits that were played, ive never heard jeremy live after 6 PJ shows, so i was glad to hear it! alive is always awesome, and i expect even flow. my brother who went with me is a casual fan, and he really wanted to hear daughter and betterman, so i was happy those were played for him. so the hits really worked out well for me!

indifference was still my biggest highlight. i was hoping they'd play it last, but they did better and played a few more after it which to me were just bonus! faithfull is another one of my favs that i didnt expect to hear.

I haven't heard Jeremy since Barrie in 1998, so I was thrilled to hear it, too.
    I like bands.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    definitely will be buying this bootleg
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • great show. i thought the crowd was a little slow to start, but definitely made up for it as the show went on.

Worst ten club seats ive had so far for sure......that was to be expected though with how many fan club members were attending.

Definite plus for me was last exit....i thought the first 5 or 6 songs they played just had a great flow and energy to them....

Cant wait for tonights show...in my home town this time!
    08/22/98 09/11/05 05/10/06 07/13/13  03/18/20 
    10/05/00 09/12/05 08/21/09 10/16/14  03/24/20
    06/25/03 09/19/05 09/11/11 05/10/16
    06/28/03 05/09/06 09/12/11 05/12/16
  • polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    good call on the smiles...i forgot to mention that.

the band seemed to be really enjoying themselves. it came across in the music and in ed's speeches. he was having fun. they were having fun. WE were having fun.

absolutely wicked !!

especially for stone ... he always seems to be so serious - it was good to see him laugh and stuff ... the energy ed gives at each show is unreal ...

anyhoo - anyone got any reviews of the show maybe from the record they can post?
  • TGHTGH Posts: 2
    Can't really say too much that hasn’t been already said, but the show was awesome!

Quick story....Get to the show, trying to find our seats....looking.....Ah found them....WTF there is a guy passed out in one of our seats. We try to get the guy moving but no luck. Figured it was someone's buddy, so asked everybody around but no one would clam to be a friend of the guy's. Finally got fed up with poking at him, and grabbed the usher who in turn got a couple of cops as he looked about 70+. Once the cop got the dude awake (about 3min of poking and slapping) the guy had drool all over his face and his pants were almost off. F**king hilarious! Everybody let out a nice little cheer for the guy once he got up and was actually standing. Like he even had a clue anyway.

A funny beginning before an awesome show!
  • This was my first ever Pearl Jam show and it was everything I could have ever hoped for and more! However, I felt like quite a rookie there because everyone I heard from was older than me by SEVERAL years and was talking about how they've seen Pearl Jam six or seven times before (I would have gone to the 2003 Toronto show but it sold out in 12 damn minutes!)

The set list was also quite amazing!! Obviously you can never hear ALL the songs you want at a Pearl Jam concert because they shuffle the set lists so much. But Kitchener got all the "A-List songs" that I was hoping for (Jeremy, Alive, Black, Betterman, Do The Evolution, etc.). And we got some great unexpected tunes like Indifference, Gimme Some Truth (never heard the electric version before), and Faithfull! Hopefully they'll toss Not For You, Rearviewmirror, RITFW, or Porch into the set list for my second PJ show in Hamilton, tomorrow.

Also, I'm glad that Eddie was very talkative and pleased with the crowd participation. The drunkeness might have had something to do with that.

I realized that floor seats are not that great unless you are in the Ten Club and are really close. I had tons of heads and hands in my way for most of the show.... Oh well, now I know for next time.

Wish I would have gotten a show poster but now I know to bring a poster tube for Hamilton.

The show would have been PERFECT if I could have enjoyed it with my girlfriend but she couldn't go to this one. I was wishing she could have been there the whole time. At least she'll be by my side at the Hamilton show. I just hope that the guys play Black, Betterman, and Love Boat Captain for my sweet heart. Black is kind of like one of "our" songs.

CAN'T WAIT!
  • SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    The are a couple things about the show that I haven't seen mentioned that I believe made it espescially good. 1) Eddie smashin his mic stand at the end of the show, and 2) The fact that the band was 'done' after Baba O'Reily. They were leaving the stage, but turned around after the INTENSE cheering from the crowd, and returned to play Ledbetter....soooo sweeet!

Im a lil dissapointed that this was my 1st of 3 shows becuase Hamilton and Toronto are gunna be hard pressed to match up to this show. After some thinkin, I am ready to declare it the best concert I have seen by any band....ever. It was a night I wont soon forget!

--Colin
  • what song did eddie let the crowd sing a couple versus of while he was behind the stage. a song he usually doesnt do that for. was it even flow? i have the boot going now so ill hear it sooner or later
  • Swordo wrote:
    The are a couple things about the show that I haven't seen mentioned that I believe made it espescially good. 1) Eddie smashin his mic stand at the end of the show, and 2) The fact that the band was 'done' after Baba O'Reily. They were leaving the stage, but turned around after the INTENSE cheering from the crowd, and returned to play Ledbetter....soooo sweeet!

Im a lil dissapointed that this was my 1st of 3 shows becuase Hamilton and Toronto are gunna be hard pressed to match up to this show. After some thinkin, I am ready to declare it the best concert I have seen by any band....ever. It was a night I wont soon forget!

--Colin

Yeah, those were some great moments. Definately the best show I've ever seen by far.
    What about the part (I think it was Faithful or Habit, but I'm not sure), where Mike threw his guitar way up in the air, then caught it and kept playing...then did it again. I think it was the same song as when Ed was spinning the mike like a madman. I still can't believe I was there...

Peace
    :-p
    "Six million dollars we turned down, to prevent our song to be sung by a cock" E.V. - San Diego, June 5, 2003