** Bridge School Setlist **

Comments

• MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    amazing bridge show, had to leave after PJ due to an early flight tomorrow for business.

Trent Reznor set will go down as one of the best ever at bridge, PJ did a great set, nice selection of songs, the Chicago improv Ed did was hilarious, the words finished off something like this:

I work at a convenience store, a woman came in and I ask her what she wanted, she said liquer/like her, I did, and I don't work there anymore

lol, Ed then said he thought he'd try and get one past the kids to see if they were paying attention.

****newsflash****

November 14th, 2006 - Itunes will have bridge school performances, by song available for purchase from all 20 bridge schools. not sure if all or some, but mark your calendar kids.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Trent Reznor set will go down as one of the best ever at bridge

any info you could provide would be appreciated. thanks!
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • amazing bridge show, had to leave after PJ due to an early flight tomorrow for business.

Trent Reznor set will go down as one of the best ever at bridge, PJ did a great set, nice selection of songs, the Chicago improv Ed did was hilarious, the words finished off something like this:

I work at a convenience store, a woman came in and I ask her what she wanted, she said liquer/like her, I did, and I don't work there anymore

lol, Ed then said he thought he'd try and get one past the kids to see if they were paying attention.

****newsflash****

November 14th, 2006 - Itunes will have bridge school performances, by song available for purchase from all 20 bridge schools. not sure if all or some, but mark your calendar kids.

This part "I work at a convenience store, a woman came in and I ask her what she wanted, she said liquer/like her, I did, and I don't work there anymore" he actually said "liquor... lick her, I did..." :)
    Cook 'em - just to see the look on their faces
  • DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    lowlight10 wrote:
    any info you could provide would be appreciated. thanks!

was trent on piano and vocals or just vocals...and a string section!!! definitely stole the show in my opinion. was ABSOLUTELY amazing.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    yeah.. I'll talk to him or Liam or Chris and see if I can get some clarification! Sooo frustrating! LOL

sorry i didn't get your text message until too late...what the others said about the chicago imrpov is correct...ed said they were going to try one they've never played before...played a little improv by himself about working at a convenience store in Chicago...ended with the line "...a woman came in and I ask her what she wanted, she said liquor... lick her, I did...and I don't work there anymore" ... was out of the blue and funny.

ds
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    SOOOOOOOOOOOO damn happy to get parachutes :) yay!

and trent's set.....GODDAMN. i am SO buying that when the bridge sets go on sale next month. the string section gave such a great texture to the songs, 'hurt' was kickass.

and man am i tired, i need to go pass out now haha
    SOOOOOOOOOOOO damn happy to get parachutes :) yay!

and trent's set.....GODDAMN. i am SO buying that when the bridge sets go on sale next month. the string section gave such a great texture to the songs, 'hurt' was kickass.

and man am i tired, i need to go pass out now haha

agreed! so glad we'll be able to download the trent set...tomorrow will be great to hear more from trent!

ds
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    DarkStar wrote:
    agreed! so glad we'll be able to download the trent set...tomorrow will be great to hear more from trent!

ds
    what was weird was as i was sitting there listening i thought man, i have *got* to find a way to get this set somehow. and *voila*, they hand out those sweet little cards as we left that we could get them next month....i need to find some psychic way to pick lotto numbers or something (get my ass to hawaii that way haha)

yay we get to do it again tomorrow, weeeeeeeeee!
  • Can you guys give us some more info on Trents set what did he play?
    Yellow Ledbetter is my least favorite song. Because as soon as you hear the first note you know it is time to say goodbye.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Can you guys give us some more info on Trents set what did he play?

The Frail (Version?)
    Something I Can Never Have
    Piggy
    La Mer
    Adrift and at Peace
    The Fragile
    Right Where It Belongs
    Non-Entity
    Hurt

Source: http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=18985&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    mrrorball action! awesome!!!! awesome stuff... need to hear this one.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • DarkStar wrote:
    was trent on piano and vocals or just vocals...and a string section!!! definitely stole the show in my opinion. was ABSOLUTELY amazing.

ds

It was great...er, at least the part I saw. I got stuck in the F'n food line for 30 minutes! But today, I have reserved (and not lawn) tickets and will not miss a minute. Long live Trent and his backing string section!!!!!!!
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Sawyer wrote:
    dl from where?

iTunes will have songs from the concert to download next month. Official downloads.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    It was great...er, at least the part I saw. I got stuck in the F'n food line for 30 minutes! But today, I have reserved (and not lawn) tickets and will not miss a minute. Long live Trent and his backing string section!!!!!!!

You missed part of Trent Reznor's set to EAT??? :eek: Man I would have starved for any number of days to see that. I will be eagerly awaiting the release on itunes.

Was he alone on piano for La Mer or did the string quartet play during that?
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • They were great and so was Trent. Death Cab were relly good too I thought. However, I too had to leave after PJ, so I was just wondering how DMB was and if anyone could relate his setlist. Also, then how did the show end? Did Neil play a set or was it just the standard finale sing-along, and if so, who all joined him? With Long May you Run and Comes a Time early, what were the finale songs? Help much appreciated. Ready for today, hopefully everybody will change it up instead of the way too many boring Bridge repeaters.

Peace to all Jammers
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • dmb played 5 songs......

loving wings
    grace is gone
    warehouse
    ants marching
    cortez the killer(w/ neil young)

is be nice if pj was headlining today, and id like to see more foo fighters and less of that first band
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    So who were the special guests?
  • Trent Reznor was amazing... the string section he played with was fantastic. Pearl Jam playing put your hatred down with Neil Young was probably the highlight of the PJ set. PJ was on though, eddies voice was in top form. Eddie didnt give much detail into the "chicago improv" but I remember laughing my ass off at the "she asked me for some liquer, then I licked her, I dont work there anymore" lyric, i tried looking up the lyrics i remembered but had no luck; but I know its not a Sufjan Stevens song. Rocking in the free world with Dave Grohl and Eddie Vedder sharing a mic was a unique moment; and watching Mike jam with Neil side by side was reminiscent of the MTV Video awards... Hopefully PJ will play before Neil Young instead of Dave Matthews tonight.
    StL 7/2/98, StL 10/11/00, NYC MSG 7/8/03, NYC MSG 7/9/03, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/2006, Bridge School 10/22/2006, Lollapalooza 08/5/06
    http://www.myspace.com/pearljamily
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    theneuge wrote:
    Trent Reznor was amazing... the string section he played with was fantastic. Pearl Jam playing put your hatred down with Neil Young was probably the highlight of the PJ set. PJ was on though, eddies voice was in top form. Eddie didnt give much detail into the "chicago improv" but I remember laughing my ass off at the "she asked me for some liquer, then I licked her, I dont work there anymore" lyric, i tried looking up the lyrics i remembered but had no luck; but I know its not a Sufjan Stevens song. Rocking in the free world with Dave Grohl and Eddie Vedder sharing a mic was a unique moment; and watching Mike jam with Neil side by side was reminiscent of the MTV Video awards... Hopefully PJ will play before Neil Young instead of Dave Matthews tonight.

Awesome!
    I think Ed and Dave on the same stage singing is an incredible thing!
  • beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    This part "I work at a convenience store, a woman came in and I ask her what she wanted, she said liquer/like her, I did, and I don't work there anymore" he actually said "liquor... lick her, I did..." :)

yes, Ed said it, lol
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • gotz idgotz id Posts: 125
    heavy boom organ intro for "betterman".

nice "crazy mary" solo. on piano. kind of like benaryoa.

Was it just me or was the piano waay out of tune?
    I wish I was the 10Club holiday single, the one that never showed up...

• bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,042

Mee too! Thought Dav Matthews was pretty medicore, until Cortez the Killer. And who in the hell invited Brian Wilson? Dude played (or shoudl I say his band played) for far too long. Seemed longer than Pearl Jam's set.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,042
    They were great and so was Trent. Death Cab were relly good too I thought. However, I too had to leave after PJ, so I was just wondering how DMB was and if anyone could relate his setlist. Also, then how did the show end? Did Neil play a set or was it just the standard finale sing-along, and if so, who all joined him? With Long May you Run and Comes a Time early, what were the finale songs? Help much appreciated. Ready for today, hopefully everybody will change it up instead of the way too many boring Bridge repeaters.

Peace to all Jammers

DMB band was for the most part pretty medicore. But the 12 minute jam wth Neil on Cortez the Killer was one fo the highlights of the night. Amazing.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • if no one has mentioned it yet the song ed sang before daughter was a traditional drinking song called "i used to work in chicago" according to billboard.com
  • bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    I thought Pearl Jam would've played right before Neil. DMB played after PJ, and I wish it was the other way around. I did like the Foo Fighters' set with the reunion of Pat Smear.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • bicyclejoe wrote:
    DMB band was for the most part pretty medicore. But the 12 minute jam wth Neil on Cortez the Killer was one fo the highlights of the night. Amazing.

I thought it was the other way around...I was hoping for a little more "umph" from PJ 's set, although it was pretty cool. Parahutes and Crazy Mary would be highlights for me.

However DMB was stellar. I realize why they came before Neil instead of PJ. PJ was listed above DMB, but Dave's music is so intense and electric acousticly that it would be weird to go downshift to PJ, as much as I love them more than any other band.
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Hey kids, just got back from Mountain View and I will post more later but what an unbelievable night. Foo Fighters kicked ass. Marigold!! Too cool. Never been a big fan of Trent but it did sound interesting. Hurt was amazing. Brian Wilson (and the band) were great. It was a treat to hear those classic songs with the man who composed them. Our boys were in great form. Love the setlist and Crazy Mary for Maricor.:) DMB was outstanding although Dave's voice was off (his own admission). Cortez with DMB & Uncle Neil killed! Neil set was great and RITFW was the exclamation on the day.:)
  • cutback, are you talking about the sunday show? if so, can you tell us what PJ played???
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • cutback wrote:
    Hey kids, just got back from Mountain View and I will post more later but what an unbelievable night. Foo Fighters kicked ass. Marigold!! Too cool. Never been a big fan of Trent but it did sound interesting. Hurt was amazing. Brian Wilson (and the band) were great. It was a treat to hear those classic songs with the man who composed them. Our boys were in great form. Love the setlist and Crazy Mary for Maricor.:) DMB was outstanding although Dave's voice was off (his own admission). Cortez with DMB & Uncle Neil killed! Neil set was great and RITFW was the exclamation on the day.:)

was this last nights set??
    from what we've seen Crazy Mary wasn't played tonight. Thin Air was dedicated to her.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz