February 4 | Calgary, Alberta | Scotiabank Saddledome | On sale 10/12 at 10am
February 6 | Vancouver, British Columbia | Rogers Arena | On sale 10/12 at 10am
March 2 | Detroit, Michigan | Joe Louis Arena | On sale 10/12 at 12pm
April 9 | Toronto, Ontario | Air Canada Centre | On sale 10/13 at 10am
April 15 | New York, New York | Madison Square Garden | On sale 10/12 at 9am
April 19 | E. Rutherford, New Jersey | IZOD Center | On sale 10/12 at 9am
April 23 | Montreal, Quebec | Bell Centre | On sale 10/13 at 12pm
April 26 | Quebec City, Quebec | Colisée Pepsi | On sale 10/13 at 12pm

All on sale times are local. Stay tuned for additional tour announcements.

No Boston yet, but I fully expect them to squeeze a show in between Toronto and NYC or NYC and E Rutherford :)
2006: Boston I, Camden II
2007: Chicago
2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
2009: Philly III & IV
2010: Boston
2011: PJ20
2012: Philly
2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    no philly either :(

i'm really digging The 2nd Law though
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Me too. Cant wait til they hit our shores, they're coming out second half of next year.
  • Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    I'm really hoping for something closer when they announce the other dates. Atlanta would probably be the most logical and closest if they were to. If anything, I would be interested in MSG if I can swing it.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    I don't love the new album, but saw them in Boston a few years back and they put on a great show. One of the best I have seen. Would definitely go see them again because I would imagine some of the new material translates better live.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • DIdnt really dig their last performance on SNL last night. Song had a pretty groovin baseline but other than that, it annoyed me.
    p.s. I'm not at all familiar with their new album
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • I love Muse and I can't wait to go see them for the first time in Toronto on April 9, 2013. They are actually the band on the top of my list of artists that I want to go see next year.

P.S: I predict Pearl Jam will come back to Toronto sometimes next year as well if not, 2014.
  • Jnich2424Jnich2424 Posts: 608
    Totally missed the on sale date yesterday and figured I had missed out on decent seats for the Minneapolis show. Just grabbed a GA Floor ticket :D I'm wondering if since those are paperless tickets that's why it hasn't sold out since scalpers can't sell them? Either way, it will be my first time seeing Muse and I can't wait!
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Probably won't spend the bucks to see them again if they add a DC date, but I did see them in 2010 and they absolutely blew me away. It was not only a show- it was a spectacle! The lights and balloons and LED platforms...it was something else and definitely worth what I paid for. Band sounded really tight as well. If you haven't seen them before, I'd say it's worth it.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Definitely want to hit up their Boston show, but going to have to do it spur of the moment due to school and not knowing exam schedules.

The paperless ticket concept it great because it cuts down on scalpers, but makes it really hard to plan months in advance when you are a student. Had GA floor tickets in my cart friday, but had to dump them because I didn't want to risk taking the hit if I couldn't make the show. Already happened to me once this year with The Avett Brothers.

Looks like the floor is now sold out, but hopefully I can get tickets somehow closer to the show.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    jervin007 wrote:
    Definitely want to hit up their Boston show, but going to have to do it spur of the moment due to school and not knowing exam schedules.

The paperless ticket concept it great because it cuts down on scalpers, but makes it really hard to plan months in advance when you are a student. Had GA floor tickets in my cart friday, but had to dump them because I didn't want to risk taking the hit if I couldn't make the show. Already happened to me once this year with The Avett Brothers.

Looks like the floor is now sold out, but hopefully I can get tickets somehow closer to the show.
    There's ALWAYS a ticket drop. Be patient!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    picked up a pair for the chicago show.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Last night's show in France was supposedly "insane"

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/66680
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • My buddy has talked me into Muse in Vancouver- VIP experience.

$220 smackers. I'm not a huge fan. I haven't really listened to them a ton to be honest. But... the band and the show strikes me as something I should go and see so I'm not regretting it.

Any thoughts to my plans or way of thinking?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Bumping this one.

I've been jamming to these guys in my automobile. I'm really starting to like them. We bought tickets to the Van show- not VIP. I've watched their youtube clips. I think these guys rock. A blend of Queen and U2 to some degree.

I'm looking more forward to these guys than the Chili Peppers tonight.
  • Kind of upset that I probably won't get to use my ticket for the Minneapolis show in early March :( I will be back in the states in February, but we're apparently going to have a 45 day mandatory reintegration period, and I won't be able to go home to WI until April :evil: I'm just upset that I have a floor ticket and can't sell it to anyone else since it's paperless. Anyone know of a way I could maybe sell it, or get a refund?
  • MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    I went to 2/3 of the Muse shows in LA and they absolutely killlllled it! Amazing.

They've been opening up with that..... :shock:
  • I went to 2/3 of the Muse shows in LA and they absolutely killlllled it! Amazing.

I'm going to see them in Vancouver next week. I'm glad you bumped this thread because I'm really fired up to see them.

They've been opening up with that..... :shock:

cool :thumbup: i was mainly talking about the album in general, but i like the song as well (not my fav off the album) ;):)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    I went to 2/3 of the Muse shows in LA and they absolutely killlllled it! Amazing.

I'm going to see them in Vancouver next week. I'm glad you bumped this thread because I'm really fired up to see them.

You're going to have a GREAT time! They definitely bring it......
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    MUSE - Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA 1/28/13

Whoa... Muse! Sooo, are you guys like, what? Coldplay now? Or Black Sabbath? Just a really stunning show, I'm impressed! My 14-year-old dragged me to the show, I know a few of their radio songs and have heard they're the poster child for full-blown production spectacle arena rock (Rush could teach 'em a few more tricks...)

In Oakland's NBA arena, they had the floor GA and reserved seating around, seemed to be packed to the gills for a Monday night. Local station DJ came out and thanked everyone, noting they'd been playing Muse since the mid 90s.... ("But, but .. I knew them when...") And at times, that floor was mayhem, saw a few great surges early on, then the whole place looked like a trampoline for most of the night.

For 3 dudes (and a touring keyboard player) my gawd, the SOUND they put out. Before anything else, just ... whoa. Incredibly loud, three full PA stacks hanging from each side of the lighting rig, and just thunderous sound. Yet ... distinct, clear, you could hear it all -- all the little sampled sounds, and synth string hits, and the guitar and bass both felt at times like they were putting out "natural" and "augmented/synth" sounds. (Another thing Alex Lifeson does well -- one guitar that sounds like three.)

Definitely one of the loudest shows I've seen since a big music festival -- almost to Soundgarden levels. Almost.

And Bellamy, just always with his face in a mic, singing, harmonizing, screaming -- always adding another layer of sound with the vocals. Amazing talent. Guitar work was solid and inspired at times -- not a big fan of the arepeggiator and pitch-shift effects, too much Morello, not enough Hendrix. I prefer guitar that sounds like a radio being smashed, not a radio being tuned. But heck, totally impressive -- again, just amazing the levels and layers and depth of sound these guys put out. I had the most fun with a few short 1-3 minute "jams" of just guitar/bass/drum mayhem -- when they sound as brutal and booming as Sabbath or Soundgarden.

And then the spectacle, well, I'm a bit jaded -- having grown up with KISS, Iron Maiden, Priest and AC/DC and moved on to U2 and Rush (and the Blue Man Group), I've seen just about all that a big arena rock show can offer. Nothing too outside the norm, video screens everywhere, great camera work -- some really neat working splitting/spreading video across screens/stage . And what at first appeared to be a pretty minimal stage set kept evolving into more and more arrangements that was just dang cool; plus constant fog machines, lasers, steam blasts -- jsut about everything BUT the disco ball and actual flames! Totally fun.

Glad I went, awesome way to kick off the 2013 season!
    [sic] happens
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    acutejam wrote:
    MUSE - Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA 1/28/13

Whoa... Muse! Sooo, are you guys like, what? Coldplay now? Or Black Sabbath? Just a really stunning show, I'm impressed! My 14-year-old dragged me to the show, I know a few of their radio songs and have heard they're the poster child for full-blown production spectacle arena rock (Rush could teach 'em a few more tricks...)

In Oakland's NBA arena, they had the floor GA and reserved seating around, seemed to be packed to the gills for a Monday night. Local station DJ came out and thanked everyone, noting they'd been playing Muse since the mid 90s.... ("But, but .. I knew them when...") And at times, that floor was mayhem, saw a few great surges early on, then the whole place looked like a trampoline for most of the night.

For 3 dudes (and a touring keyboard player) my gawd, the SOUND they put out. Before anything else, just ... whoa. Incredibly loud, three full PA stacks hanging from each side of the lighting rig, and just thunderous sound. Yet ... distinct, clear, you could hear it all -- all the little sampled sounds, and synth string hits, and the guitar and bass both felt at times like they were putting out "natural" and "augmented/synth" sounds. (Another thing Alex Lifeson does well -- one guitar that sounds like three.)

Definitely one of the loudest shows I've seen since a big music festival -- almost to Soundgarden levels. Almost.

And Bellamy, just always with his face in a mic, singing, harmonizing, screaming -- always adding another layer of sound with the vocals. Amazing talent. Guitar work was solid and inspired at times -- not a big fan of the arepeggiator and pitch-shift effects, too much Morello, not enough Hendrix. I prefer guitar that sounds like a radio being smashed, not a radio being tuned. But heck, totally impressive -- again, just amazing the levels and layers and depth of sound these guys put out. I had the most fun with a few short 1-3 minute "jams" of just guitar/bass/drum mayhem -- when they sound as brutal and booming as Sabbath or Soundgarden.

And then the spectacle, well, I'm a bit jaded -- having grown up with KISS, Iron Maiden, Priest and AC/DC and moved on to U2 and Rush (and the Blue Man Group), I've seen just about all that a big arena rock show can offer. Nothing too outside the norm, video screens everywhere, great camera work -- some really neat working splitting/spreading video across screens/stage . And what at first appeared to be a pretty minimal stage set kept evolving into more and more arrangements that was just dang cool; plus constant fog machines, lasers, steam blasts -- jsut about everything BUT the disco ball and actual flames! Totally fun.

Glad I went, awesome way to kick off the 2013 season!

interesting...i've been waffeling on going or selling my tix. sounds like i should go.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Vancouver last night.

Top shelf. I'm in on these guys BIG TIME! These guys have a style all their own and it really works. I think if you spliced Queen and Rush... you'd have Muse.

Music was out of this world and I haven't seen a light show like that since... ever. These guys are bloody awesome and the concert falls into the 'classic' category.

* Band of Skulls was an impressive opener as well.
  • Really sad that I'll be missing the show in Minneapolis. Happy that I was able to get my ticket refunded though since I can't make it.
  • Bumping this back up.

The Muse experience hasn't left my soul yet. Keep playing the setlist on my ipod while training.

An awesome concert experience. So glad I went- I won't miss these guys again.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    looking forward to seeing them in NYC in April. I saw them there last tour and it was just amazing. Tickets this time were not too expensive.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Tickets this time were not too expensive.

and the process to purchase them was pretty painless :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Tickets this time were not too expensive.

and the process to purchase them was pretty painless :lol:

true. :lol:

and I got great seats in Madison Square Garden
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    The Vancouver show floored me! I am still in awe. With Soundgaren on Sunday I wasn't as excited for Muse...how wrong was I?! I have been to A LOT of shows, and that one defenitly hit top 10 for me! "Stockholm Syndrome" had me going nuts and then the jam of "Freedom" by Rage Against The Machine at the end of the song was epic. I went from a casual fan to a die hard fan over night!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • iammine16 wrote:
    The Vancouver show floored me! I am still in awe. With Soundgaren on Sunday I wasn't as excited for Muse...how wrong was I?! I have been to A LOT of shows, and that one defenitly hit top 10 for me! "Stockholm Syndrome" had me going nuts and then the jam of "Freedom" by Rage Against The Machine at the end of the song was epic. I went from a casual fan to a die hard fan over night!

Yup. Well said. Your reflections could have come from me- I am 'all in' on these guys after seeing them. Their music is really really good... but after seeing them perform their music, it became apparent that this is the way you need to hear it: live and loud.

My personal favourite might have been 'Animals'. But each song that wa splayed... I was saying to myself "That was my favourite so far!"

My buddy and I agreed that this show was an instant top 10er. We've been to maaaaaany concerts spanning three decades.

Top shelf.

* and Freedom was a great jam!