Wrigley will not sell out

pipes5977pipes5977 Rhode Island Posts: 318
edited October 2013 in The Porch
I'm a longtime fan since 10 came out. A fan club member since 94'. I'm not happy about what went down today. I normally always obtain my tickets for the shows I attend thru the 10club. I've never been shutout for a show that I wanted to attend before. Using the fan club system till today..I've read alot of what people are saying about this new lottery. I can understand both arguments. Where are all these fans when new records are released? The sales have been bad on all there albums since "Yield". They didn't even sell out the Boston show in 2010! Pearl Jam does not draw like they used to. I'm sure the economy and ticket prices don't help the cause either.There will plenty of tickets available for this show. I would've went to this show had I been picked. Now i will pass on it. I'm sure there are alot of other fans that feel the same way. The way things are now I will be goin to alot less shows.Which in the end effects the band. I have already spoken with some long time fans that feel the same way.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Yes it will. We can each have our opinions.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • pipes5977pipes5977 Rhode Island Posts: 318
    Just like "pj20" did right. There where plenty of lawn seats left both nights
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    pipes5977 wrote:
    Just like "pj20" did right. There where plenty of lawn seats left both nights
    so you think will not sell out cos of old timers will not come cos they didnt won tix today?
    i think will not sell out no matter who will win the tix,even there was no presale 10c tix..
    isnt easy to sell 40k venue..no matter who won tix..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • People thinking it won't sell out might be underestimating the allure of wrigley on a summer night. You aren't traveling to the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin. There will be plenty of non PJ fans there. if they just opened up wrigley for the night and sold beer thousands of people would show up and itd be the most popular bar in the area.

Dave Matthews and Bruce did a pretty good job of filling it up and they did it over 2 nights and in the midst of a regular tour, thus no real reason for out of towners to make the trip. This will be the only summer PJ show in the states.
  • estarr31estarr31 Posts: 566
    People do know that Pearl Jam fans and the general public can buy tickets outside of 10c right? Just because the "long time" fans missed out today doesn't mean a very popular rock band who hasn't played in Chicago in a long time, playing at Wrigley field for the first time ever, and at a baseball stadium in the first time I can remember, during the summer months in a major midwest city where people can travel from all over easily, I honestly will be surprised if they don't sell out. This is a big deal in Chicago.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • lawguylawguy Posts: 257
    I live in Chicago. I have heard from multiple that they plan on going to this show...people that would probably NEVER go to a PJ show. People that did not even consider going to PJ 20. This will sell out.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    lawguy wrote:
    I live in Chicago. I have heard from multiple that they plan on going to this show...people that would probably NEVER go to a PJ show. People that did not even consider going to PJ 20. This will sell out.

Same here. I think it will sell out.
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    I've been going to concerts for almost 50 years now :shock: .

Stadium shows = easy tickets :ugeek:
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I think the bigger question is whether it will sell out in 20 minutes or 2 months.
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I've said it once and will say it again Atlanta last Sept sold out the night PJ was playing. That was 56,000 strong so make your own assumptions about Wrigley Field. I plan on being there without 10c tixs.
    My butt itches!
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Tickets.com is the place now to get tickets on the 9th, right? Is that site set up for tons of traffic that Saturday morning, or is it going to be F5 all over again?
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
    Tickets.com is the place now to get tickets on the 9th, right? Is that site set up for tons of traffic that Saturday morning, or is it going to be F5 all over again?

Be prepared for F5 but hope for the best.

That's all i can tell you.
    My butt itches!
  • You will get a lot of casual fans who are, at the same time, fans of the Cubs who'll come out. My brother loves PJ but hasn't attended a show since '98 and he's going to try for the public on-sale simply because he loves the band, loves the Cubs and Wrigley Field.

I'm sure he wouldn't be the one one like this.
    Hey, hey. My, my. Rock and roll can never die.

"Why go home? I am home! And I gotta tell you, it feels FUCKIN GREAT to be here. You may experience this yourself but, if you were born in Chicago, you're always from Chicago. And even if you don't live in Chicago, Chicago will always live in you."-Ed
  • pipes5977 wrote:
    I'm a longtime fan since 10 came out. A fan club member since 94'. I'm not happy about what went down today. I normally always obtain my tickets for the shows I attend thru the 10club. I've never been shutout for a show that I wanted to attend before. Using the fan club system till today..I've read alot of what people are saying about this new lottery. I can understand both arguments. Where are all these fans when new records are released? The sales have been bad on all there albums since "Yield". They didn't even sell out the Boston show in 2010! Pearl Jam does not draw like they used to. I'm sure the economy and ticket prices don't help the cause either.There will plenty of tickets available for this show. I would've went to this show had I been picked. Now i will pass on it. I'm sure there are alot of other fans that feel the same way. The way things are now I will be goin to alot less shows.Which in the end effects the band. I have already spoken with some long time fans that feel the same way.

I agree completely...long time fan and member as well...im debating even trying for regular tickets....after a hotel and lotta gas money...I expect better than nosebleeds...its just not economically worth it...and it WILL ultimately affect the band whether they wanna accept that or not.

stadium shows tend to suck in sound unless you are close...
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    pipes5977 wrote:
    . I would've went to this show had I been picked. Now i will pass on it. I'm sure there are alot of other fans that feel the same way. The way things are now I will be goin to alot less shows.Which in the end effects the band. I have already spoken with some long time fans that feel the same way.

So you are basing whether you will go to shows on whether or not you can get 10c tickets? Very odd. A true fan goes to the shows they can make it to, a casual fan goes to shows only when they get good tickets.
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Another "I deserve tickets more than you do thread"? :fp:

Why cant people get this through their heads?

Amount of Ten Club Tickets < Demand for Ten Club Tickets

No matter WHAT system they pick some people will not get tickets.

End of Story.
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    pipes5977 wrote:
    . I would've went to this show had I been picked. Now i will pass on it. I'm sure there are alot of other fans that feel the same way. The way things are now I will be goin to alot less shows.Which in the end effects the band. I have already spoken with some long time fans that feel the same way.

So you are basing whether you will go to shows on whether or not you can get 10c tickets? Very odd. A true fan goes to the shows they can make it to, a casual fan goes to shows only when they get good tickets.

I got shut out of both lotteries, and I'm reading of some who won tickets to both shows!! I would say that is the only thing that kind of stings about this whole process. But you can be sure I'm going to explore every option to try and get tickets outside of 10C. Just because today wasn't successful, doesn't mean I won't be there in July! :D
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • pipes5977 wrote:

um no...some of us have lives and have to make decisions based on money...paying the mortgage or feeding your kids...and taking off work...the SMART fan goes when all the stars fall into place....its just not the same when you are used to being able to SEE and HEAR the band...compared to not seeing the band and hearing the drunk kid next to you singing in the nosebleeds.
    all-encompassing trip?
  • pjfan021pjfan021 Posts: 684
    tremorvoid wrote:
    pipes5977 wrote:

I agree completely...long time fan and member as well...im debating even trying for regular tickets....after a hotel and lotta gas money...I expect better than nosebleeds...its just not economically worth it...and it WILL ultimately affect the band whether they wanna accept that or not.

Having seen roger waters and the boss at wrigley, behind home plate 100 level and first base side upper deck, fantastic sound! Sounded way better than any show at the united center or any outdoor venue I've seen a band at. Unless you're behind a pillar, your view will be pretty good and the sound will be great. I will not miss this show, don't care where my seats are. It will sell out, just not the first day
    tremorvoid wrote:
    um no...some of us have lives and have to make decisions based on money...paying the mortgage or feeding your kids...and taking off work...the SMART fan goes when all the stars fall into place....its just not the same when you are used to being able to SEE and HEAR the band...compared to not seeing the band and hearing the drunk kid next to you singing in the nosebleeds.

So because you can't get 10c tixs you have a sandy vagina and are pouting. Good one less person to worry about on 9 Feb
    My butt itches!
  • pjfan021 wrote:
    tremorvoid wrote:
    pipes5977 wrote:

Having seen roger waters and the boss at wrigley, behind home plate 100 level and first base side upper deck, fantastic sound! Sounded way better than any show at the united center or any outdoor venue I've seen a band at. Unless you're behind a pillar, your view will be pretty good and the sound will be great. I will not miss this show, don't care where my seats are. It will sell out, just not the first day

that is reassuring about the sound at Wrigley...thanks...
    all-encompassing trip?
  • sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    deagator3 wrote:
    People thinking it won't sell out might be underestimating the allure of wrigley on a summer night. You aren't traveling to the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin. There will be plenty of non PJ fans there. if they just opened up wrigley for the night and sold beer thousands of people would show up and itd be the most popular bar in the area.

Dave Matthews and Bruce did a pretty good job of filling it up and they did it over 2 nights and in the midst of a regular tour, thus no real reason for out of towners to make the trip. This will be the only summer PJ show in the states.
    Could not agree more. I travel all over to watch this band. I am going to every ballpark and I am 60% done. Was at Wrigley 2 years ago. When I heard about this could not wait to go back. It will draw just for this fact. PJ20 was difficult timing but I could of made it work. But driving to Wisconsin and the venue being far from hotels I said screw it. Great thing for me Sox home the next day. Another Stadium off this list. So I agree it could sell out but not for awhile. You will get tix.
    sabreleaf wrote:
    Could not agree more. I travel all over to watch this band. I am going to every ballpark and I am 60% done. Was at Wrigley 2 years ago. When I heard about this could not wait to go back. It will draw just for this fact. PJ20 was difficult timing but I could of made it work. But driving to Wisconsin and the venue being far from hotels I said screw it. Great thing for me Sox home the next day. Another Stadium off this list. So I agree it could sell out but not for awhile. You will get tix.

You have Sabre and Leaf in your user name. I'm not sure if i should hate you or like you. But I know i will eat pea soup and get so drunk i throw up at Wrigley. First though i must finish my beer
    My butt itches!
  • Remember the Philly shows? If it weren't for some awesome 10C members I would not have been able to go. (I did mis the initial sale)
    6/16/2008 Columbia, SC, 10/30/09-10/31/09 Philly, EV Solo 6/26/11 Detroit, 9/3/11-9/4/11 Alpine Valley, 9/30/2012 Missoula,MT 7/16/13 London, ON *****FIRST ROW****, 7/19/13 Chicago, IL, 10/30/13 Charlotte, NC. 4/21/2008 Columbia, SC, 5/2/2016 MSG2
  • sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    Every name I would try and make up for things from this to Xbox was always taken. Growing up I watched the Leafs and the Sabres. Combined the names. I got it. Had to get crazy.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i think it will sell out. there are enough cubs season ticket holders who will get a crack at tickets. many of them might not be fans, but if they have a chance to go see one of the great american rock bands i think they will. even if to them it is for the novelty of it.

my boss is a cardinals season ticket holder and he got a crack at dave matthews and u2 busch stadium tickets. he could not use them but he bought them and gave some to people in the office. so it is conceivable that that might happen here as well.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • ewokpeltsewokpelts Posts: 709
    sabreleaf wrote:
    deagator3 wrote:
    People thinking it won't sell out might be underestimating the allure of wrigley on a summer night. You aren't traveling to the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin. There will be plenty of non PJ fans there. if they just opened up wrigley for the night and sold beer thousands of people would show up and itd be the most popular bar in the area.

if u go to the sunday sox fame it's $15 to sit in the lower deck and $10 parking
    sabreleaf wrote:
    Every name I would try and make up for things from this to Xbox was always taken. Growing up I watched the Leafs and the Sabres. Combined the names. I got it. Had to get crazy.

Fair enough. But I'm still conflicted espically after last night. HOW THE FUCK DOES MILLER LET A GOAL GO IN WITH 2.5 SEC LEFT.

b.t.w i'm from WNY orginally
    My butt itches!
  • I hope it sells out... after I get my tickets! :D
  • KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Another "I deserve tickets more than you do thread"? :fp:

Why cant people get this through their heads?

Amount of Ten Club Tickets < Demand for Ten Club Tickets

No matter WHAT system they pick some people will not get tickets.

End of Story.

Did you win lottery today?