Options

I only want one show!!!

Jack StrawJack Straw Posts: 92
edited January 2013 in The Porch
I want to attend a show. Would prefer London, would settle for either. Here's the problem, what if I put London as my first choice and Wrigley as my second and I get both? Then I'm stuck going to both? I would make it happen and probably end up being thrilled about it, but it just seems maybe with only two shows, they shouldn't have done the draws simultaneously. Also, if they add second shows to one or each location, they should do it immediately so people can not get both London and Chicago to see two shows if they'd rather see two in Chicago for instance. While I'm not a fan of the lottery at all, I'm not complaining. If this is the system we have, I'd like to see it refined to work best for the fans.
East Lansing 98, Detroit 98, Tampa 00, Detroit 00, Buffalo 03, State College 03, Detroit I 03, Detroit II 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids, 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Grand Rapids 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Lollapalooza 07, West Palm Beach 08, Tampa 08, To be continued...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Jack straw from wichita..one show only in chicago...nothin better than chicago in the summer.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Jack Straw wrote:
    I want to attend a show. Would prefer London, would settle for either. Here's the problem, what if I put London as my first choice and Wrigley as my second and I get both? Then I'm stuck going to both? I would make it happen and probably end up being thrilled about it, but it just seems maybe with only two shows, they shouldn't have done the draws simultaneously. Also, if they add second shows to one or each location, they should do it immediately so people can not get both London and Chicago to see two shows if they'd rather see two in Chicago for instance. While I'm not a fan of the lottery at all, I'm not complaining. If this is the system we have, I'd like to see it refined to work best for the fans.

You are correct - you put in for both shows so there is a very real chance you get tickets to both. Be prepared for that...I think in the future we will see many more shows in the lottery at a time, so best to only put in for any and all shows you can attend. When they say no refunds, they mean it!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    Wichita in the House! I'm there man. :ugeek:
    Oh, yea. Chicago can't be better than Seattle in July and August! Place has to be heaven...

Wma31394 wrote:
    Jack straw from wichita..one show only in chicago...nothin better than chicago in the summer.
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Jack Straw wrote:

which is why the credit system discussed in anouther thread makes sense.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Yep. Not sure why they can't just solve that issue by doing it like they did in the test and only authorize it for $1. Then when the time comes if your card is declined, you lose out and the next person in line gets the tickets.
    East Lansing 98, Detroit 98, Tampa 00, Detroit 00, Buffalo 03, State College 03, Detroit I 03, Detroit II 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids, 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Grand Rapids 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Lollapalooza 07, West Palm Beach 08, Tampa 08, To be continued...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Pick which show you want to go to most. If you don't win tickets go the public on sale route. You would be surprised sometimes how good your seats can be.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,641
    This will become more of a "problem" when there are many more shows available at once.......

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    That's actually an interesting point. It could be sent to them for an added feature. Say there are 3 shows you could attend, but can only actually do one, due to $$ or for whatever reason.

You could rank your selections, then somehow check a box or activate a feature that would remove your entry from all subsequent drawings if and when your name is selected.

Would probably be a nice addition. But you could always just go all in on one show and if that fails, do the public on sale.
    Pearl Jam
    May 10, 2006 - Toronto
    Aug 21, 2009 - Toronto
    Sept 11, 2011 - Toronto
    Sept 14, 2011 - Ottawa
    Oct 12, 2013 - Buffalo
    Oct 16, 2014 - Detroit
    May 8, 2016 - Ottawa
    May 10, 2016 - Toronto
    Eddie Vedder
    Aug 9, 2008 Montreal
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    81 wrote:
    Jack Straw wrote:

which is why the credit system discussed in anouther thread makes sense.

Agreed. Another thing that would make sense since the rules have changed is to allow 10C members to transfer tickets to one another at face value. I know they have strict rules about the tickets being non-transferable, and I understand why, but why not let one ten club member transfer tickets to another. Inevitably, some members need extra tickets, and some end up with tickets that for whatever reason they cannot use (life happens). I understand that we should not expect 10C to deal with any of the financial side, but if there was a simple form that allowed member A to transfer his/her will-call tickets to member B so that when B arrives at the venue, it is now member B's ID that is needed, I think it would be really helpful. There would need to be a few rules, like perhaps member B needs to have been an active 10C member as of the onsale date and also that no changes can be made within say, 3 weeks of the show. I don't know, maybe it complicates things too much but it's just that with the lottery people are always going to attempt for more in fear of being locked out. I know that the mantra is to only go for what you will definitely attend, and it is clearly spelled out, so I am not criticizing at all. Rather, just suggesting a bit of solution to what is inevitable behavior.

And by "form" I mean an online form....
  • Options
    This will become more of a "problem" when there are many more shows available at once.......

I see your point, but I feel like if a whole "tour" was announced at once, I could plan which shows I wanted to and could attend and enter for those. With only two shows it increases the number of people attempting to get tickets, which decreases my chances, so I enter for more than one show even though I only want to attend one, because I don't want to get shut out. I'm not saying you're wrong by any means, but there are definitely a couple ways to look at it. I'm just glad we're discussing it so that perhaps TenClub can see some of the fans concerns/issues with the lottery and address them.
  • Options
    mrclean1_3 wrote:
    That's actually an interesting point. It could be sent to them for an added feature. Say there are 3 shows you could attend, but can only actually do one, due to $$ or for whatever reason.

You could rank your selections, then somehow check a box or activate a feature that would remove your entry from all subsequent drawings if and when your name is selected.

Would probably be a nice addition. But you could always just go all in on one show and if that fails, do the public on sale.

This should happen.
  • Options
    Jack Straw wrote:
    mrclean1_3 wrote:

This should happen.

I sent them an email. Not sure if it's something that can be done, but once a larger tour is announced I can see this being a common thread question and a feature lots of people would likely use.
    Pearl Jam
    May 10, 2006 - Toronto
    Aug 21, 2009 - Toronto
    Sept 11, 2011 - Toronto
    Sept 14, 2011 - Ottawa
    Oct 12, 2013 - Buffalo
    Oct 16, 2014 - Detroit
    May 8, 2016 - Ottawa
    May 10, 2016 - Toronto
    Eddie Vedder
    Aug 9, 2008 Montreal
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Pretty much assured tickets to wrigley either 10c or general sale....
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08