Options

Priority Question? Read & Understand Rules, But Want Opinion

rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 974
edited January 2013 in The Porch
So there are obviously 3 seating options to choose for the Wrigley Field show and per the ticketing rules for priority choices, they first randomly choose from the pool of people who made that choice their first option, then if tickets are left go to those who made that choice their second option, then if tickets left go to those who chose as their third option.

So I know how the rules work, but that doesn't help me decide what I want to make my first option. In a perfect world, I would make the GA/floor tickets my first option and win them. But in reality, I would assume that is going to be most peoples first choice, so harder to win. Then if I don't win, I don't want to risk not getting lower bowl seats because I had lower bowl as my 2nd option, and they go through all those who made lower bowl their 1st option.

Then the amount of seats available in each seat choice/section also plays into it.

I guess my question is, what seat choice/section do you guys think will have the most tickets available? Right now I have Lower Bowl as option 1, GA/Floor as option 2 and Upper Bowl as option 3. Thought being, that I have a better chance to get Lower Bowl because most will try first for GA/Floor, when they go to my second option (GA/Floor) they'll all be gone, so then I still have a shot at Upper Bowl which I'm guessing has the most seats.

Does this logic make sense to you guys? Considering I want to at least get lowers? Or do you think I have a better shot of making GA/Floor my first choice because they can pack a lot of people on the field? I'm driving myself nuts thinking about this.

At the end of the day I just want to get in the door, so I hope I'm lucky enough to do that, but I want to also give myself the best chances to have good seats.

Thoughts?
Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
(EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
Los Angeles, CA - 11/23/13
Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
(EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20
Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    If I were entering this drawing, I would just put my choices in order of actual preference and let the chips fall how they fall. Based on the capacity I suspect there are a lot of Ten Club tickets.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    rbrum7 wrote:

At the end of the day I just want to get in the door, so I hope I'm lucky enough to do that, but I want to also give myself the best chances to have good seats.

I think you will be in the door- your selections look fine
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    rbrum7 wrote:

I think you will be in the door- your selections look fine
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Honestly don't think getting in will be an issue. I might just go for GA. If I'm flying to a show, I want a good "seat". :mrgreen:
  • Options
    rbrum7rbrum7 Posts: 974
    Bump...looking or more opinion on if you think going for GA first hurts chance of getting lower level all together.
    Cleveland, OH - 8/26/98
    Cleveland, OH - 4/25/03
    Cleveland, OH - 5/20/06
    Cleveland, OH - 5/9/10
    (EV Solo) Detroit, MI - 6/26/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/3/11
    East Troy, WI - 9/4/11
    Chicago, IL - 7/19/13
    Shitsburgh, PA - 10/11/13
    Detroit, MI - 10/16/14
    Lexington, KY - 4/26/16
    Manchester, TN - 6/11/16
    Chicago, IL - 8/18/18
    Chicago, IL - 8/20/18
    (EV Solo) Tempe, AZ - 3/2/19
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/15/20
    Los Angeles, CA - 4/16/20
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    rbrum7 wrote:
    Bump...looking or more opinion on if you think going for GA first hurts chance of getting lower level all together.

i think if you want to ensure you are in teh lower bowl, you are going with a conservative route. i would agree, most will put GA as their first option...so you should have a solid chance at scoring your lower level/field resererved seats.

it's a good strategy if you are ok with knowing you won't get GA.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    rbrum7 wrote:

i think if you want to ensure you are in teh lower bowl, you are going with a conservative route. i would agree, most will put GA as their first option...so you should have a solid chance at scoring your lower level/field resererved seats.

I went for the lower bowel option.
    Right where I belong.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    pjl44 wrote:
    If I were entering this drawing, I would just put my choices in order of actual preference and let the chips fall how they fall...

^^ This

If you want GA seats, then go for them. If GA is only for the 10C, then you aren't going to have another chance to get them except through the lottery.

You will be able to get reserved seats from the public sale or other sellers.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    pjl44 wrote:
    If I were entering this drawing, I would just put my choices in order of actual preference and let the chips fall how they fall. Based on the capacity I suspect there are a lot of Ten Club tickets.

That's what I did.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    81 wrote:
    rbrum7 wrote:

I went for the lower bowel option.
    Right where I belong.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hey Speedy, want to re-live the PJ20 show and watch the show from the parking lot...or in this case...3 blocks away? :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Hey Speedy, want to re-live the PJ20 show and watch the show from the parking lot...or in this case...3 blocks away? :lol:
    Night 1 was worse. Right?
    We couldnt hear a fucking thing.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    Suziemay wrote:
    Honestly don't think getting in will be an issue. I might just go for GA. If I'm flying to a show, I want a good "seat". :mrgreen:

Making the trip SuMay?

nice.

I've gotta think on this... really want to go, but "fall tour" makes me want to hold out for the gorge...

I think there's going to be a long debate at my kitchen table tonight... :oops:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    mca47 wrote:

Night 1 was worse. Right?
    We couldnt hear a fucking thing.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's true, while technically "closer", the sound sucked ass in those awesome 10 club seats! :lol:
    The second night it was either watch the stage (the band looked like f'n ants from where we were) or the screens. Nothing beats spending $90 or whatever the hell it was to watch TV! :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    rbrum7 wrote:
    Does this logic make sense to you guys? Considering I want to at least get lowers? Or do you think I have a better shot of making GA/Floor my first choice because they can pack a lot of people on the field? I'm driving myself nuts thinking about this.
    Thoughts?

I am going through the exact same arguments with myself but have decided to take the advice with others in this this thread and just list in order of my preference.

As to the logic, the only flaw (IMO) is this.... if you are putting the floor second because you don't like your chances with it as your first, then you might as well put it third. I.e. if the very reason to make it second is because it will be tough to get as choice one, then it certainly won't be there when those that put it as choice two get tossed in to the mix as all of those that had it as choice one will have already gobbled it up.

I would just put the GA 1 if that is what you really want, and hope for the best.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    thinking a lot of people flying or driving from far away possibly won't get good seats... but better to be their then not.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    If you guys had to estimate, what would be the total number of GA tickets available and how many ten clubbers will be entering the drawing?

I'm estimating 1,000 GA tickets, total, so 500 pairs. And 10,000 entries? Am I way way off?
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    thinking a lot of people flying or driving from far away possibly won't get good seats... but better to be their then not.

How so? They can get tickets through the drawing or public sale?
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    estarr31 wrote:
    Zoso wrote:

I one of those probably flying to the show but don't hold up high hopes of getting good seats.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    estarr31 wrote:
    If you guys had to estimate, what would be the total number of GA tickets available and how many ten clubbers will be entering the drawing?

I'm estimating 1,000 GA tickets, total, so 500 pairs. And 10,000 entries? Am I way way off?

The pictures look like there's room for more than 1,000 down there.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    estarr31 wrote:

As this is not a ticketmaster event that may limit the amount of fan club seats, I don't know if anyone can give you an accurate answer
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    estarr31 wrote:
    Zoso wrote:

I one of those probably flying to the show but don't hold up high hopes of getting good seats.

I'm flying too, but I got high expectations, however naive I may be lol. If I miss out on Tenclub seats I'll try the public sale and then stubhub if need be. I got family in Chicago, so it's great opportunity to make this work.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    So, say, I only opt for the GA seats. If I'm selected for GA seats does my tenclub number kick in for priority seating within GA seats? That's what I'm not clear about.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    So, say, I only opt for the GA seats. If I'm selected for GA seats does my tenclub number kick in for priority seating within GA seats? That's what I'm not clear about.
    10c number doesn't matter for GA, only seats. The beauty of GA.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    Suziemay wrote:
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Does 10C number count for anything for July?

I love my 10C number more than I love highways . . . actually, that's not true . . . but I'm so happy I joined in 1993.

It's worth my time to try for a seat if I can have my 10C number be part of the equation. Otherwise, eh, maybe when they are near DC :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

I love my 10C number more than I love highways . . . actually, that's not true . . . but I'm so happy I joined in 1993.

It's worth my time to try for a seat if I can have my 10C number be part of the equation. Otherwise, eh, maybe when they are near DC :)

It looks like the GA will be directly in front of the stage, in front of the reserved seating on the field. In the reserved seating for the field/lower bowl, I think your 10c # would apply.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

Yeah...if you get pulled for either of the two seated sections, they will be allocated by seniority. Anywhere in GA will be closer, though. And GA is super fun.
  • Options
    pepsigatorspepsigators St. John's, NL Posts: 182
    I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place on this one. I want to fly from St. John's to London to catch that show and was thinking I'd then go from London to Chicago and do both shows. I'm only considering Chicago because I'll be close enough to drive or get a bus in Ontario. So my priority will likely be the London show as my number 1, making it very unlikely that i get good seats for the Chicago show. I can pretty much forget about getting GA.

So should i go with GA for Chicago as number 1 and risk not getting to the London show?