Options

Wrigley Field 2013 CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Brian_Bo wrote:
    https://twitter.com/PearlJam/status/293795040566849536/photo/1

For those that don't know, that is officially Wrigley Field. That mock up was just posted on the PJ twitter feed.

lucky number 7 post from Brian..thanks man! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Mitch8415 wrote:

They might as well just post the details now
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Mitch8415Mitch8415 Posts: 227
    Wrigley is essentially my front yard. I'm just a little bit fired up about this. :mrgreen:
    ~ Chicago 5/16/06 ~ Chicago 8/23/09 ~ Chicago 8/24/09 ~
    ~ Kansas City 5/3/10 ~ Alpine Valley 9/3/11 ~ Alpine Valley 9/4/11 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 7/19/13 ~ Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ~ St. Louis 10/3/14 ~
    ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ~ Wrigley Field 8/18/18 ~ Wrigley Field 8/20/18 ~
    ~ Fenway Park 9/4/18 ~ Denver 9/22/22
  • Options
    My two brothers have Cubs season tickets & I always wondered why in the world they wasted their money on them. (Yes, I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan.) However, if PJ ends up playing at Wrigley I'll have to be extra nice to my brothers and and see if they'll sell me their seats for the show. Hopefully I haven't built up too much bad karma with the two of them over the years. LOL ! ! !

- Uncle Snuffy

P.S. PJ, please play Busch Stadium ! ! ! :D
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Mitch8415 wrote:
    Wrigley is essentially my front yard. I'm just a little bit fired up about this. :mrgreen:

nice! happy for you, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,740
    Mitch8415 wrote:

Yep, I'm about a mile west of there myself. This is going to be great. Never thought I'd be able to walk to a PJ concert.
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    So it's happening. Now what about the dates???

Jason Aldean is playing Wrigley July 20th and the Cubs are gone from July 14th-29th. So I am guessing it will be July 18, 19 or 21st...

http://blogs.suntimes.com/music/2012/10 ... ley_f.html
  • Options

Jason Aldean is playing Wrigley July 20th and the Cubs are gone from July 14th-29th. So I am guessing it will be July 18, 19 or 21st...

Or Sept 9-19 when they are on the road for 10 days
  • Options
    My two brothers have Cubs season tickets & I always wondered why in the world they wasted their money on them. (Yes, I'm a St. Louis Cardinals fan.) However, if PJ ends up playing at Wrigley I'll have to be extra nice to my brothers and and see if they'll sell me their seats for the show. Hopefully I haven't built up too much bad karma with the two of them over the years. LOL ! ! !

- Uncle Snuffy

I'm going to guess that a PJ concert will work just like any other Wrigley Concert. The season tickets for the Cubs will not be valid for the concert. I've been to a couple concerts there, Roger Walters this past summer being the latest one.

Here are some tips:
    1) You can't see the stage from the rooftops. The rooftops furthest to the corners can almost see a part of the stage.
    2) They put a large plastic floor in the outfield and put a punch of seats on the field. There are almost no seats put on the infield.
    3) They typically put up two large sound towers roughly near where the bullpen is on each side.
    4) The view from the top of the upper deck is still very good. The stage is put in front of the center field bleachers.
    5) The seats nearest to the bleachers have the most limited views. I don't believe they sell any seats in the bleachers.

edit: If July 18th/19th are free and there is already a stage going to be up on the 20th for another concert, then I would put my bet on July for the show.
  • Options
    Brian_Bo wrote:

- Uncle Snuffy

I'm going to guess that a PJ concert will work just like any other Wrigley Concert. The season tickets for the Cubs will not be valid for the concert. I've been to a couple concerts there, Roger Walters this past summer being the latest one.

Here are some tips:
    1) You can't see the stage from the rooftops. The rooftops furthest to the corners can almost see a part of the stage.
    2) They put a large plastic floor in the outfield and put a punch of seats on the field. There are almost no seats put on the infield.
    3) They typically put up two large sound towers roughly near where the bullpen is on each side.
    4) The view from the top of the upper deck is still very good. The stage is put in front of the center field bleachers.
    5) The seats nearest to the bleachers have the most limited views. I don't believe they sell any seats in the bleachers.

I've seen 2-3 concerts at Wrigley and everything you've listed is spot on. They won't change everything you've listed above for Pearl Jam.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    Brian_Bo wrote:

- Uncle Snuffy

Here are some tips:

edit: If July 18th/19th are free and there is already a stage going to be up on the 20th for another concert, then I would put my bet on July for the show.

I am a season ticket holder for the Cubs and I've always had the chance to buy Concert tix for the shows before the public......
  • Options
    I guess that is something that isn't announced to the public, so will take your word on that.

One thing, the sound there is surprisingly good. The Cubs also allow bands to tap into the PA system.
  • Options
    Brian_Bo wrote:

- Uncle Snuffy

Here are some tips:

I am a season ticket holder for the Cubs and I've always had the chance to buy Concert tix for the shows before the public......

I'm fairly sure they were told they would ave the opportunity to purchase their seats for any other events held there. But that's just what I remember then saying a long time ago.
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    Brian_Bo wrote:
    I guess that is something that isn't announced to the public, so will take your word on that.

One thing, the sound there is surprisingly good. The Cubs also allow bands to tap into the PA system.

Its NOT my seats that I sit in for the games, its just the opportunity to purchase tix before the on sale date.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,516

Or Sept 9-19 when they are on the road for 10 days

September 13-15 weekend.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Brian_Bo wrote:

Its NOT my seats that I sit in for the games, its just the opportunity to purchase tix before the on sale date.

Gotcha. Good info to know. If this PJ/Wrigley Field show actually happens I'm sure my brothers will let me know whether or not they get to purchase tickts (whether it be their seats for Cubs games or just some sort of early purchase situation). Who knows though...they may use them for themselves and their wives...and leave me out in the cold. LOL !
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    september will be perfect..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    indeed it will be. :wave:
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,912
    Any locals recommend a particular hotel close to Wrigleyville? Walking distance is preferable.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    It's not listed on the Tour page...what's up with this? I'd love
    to go see Chicago, and PJ is the perfect excuse
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Brian_Bo wrote:

- Uncle Snuffy

Here are some tips:

Also a season ticket holder and was wondering who gets seating priority - 10C members or season ticket holders?
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    JimmyV wrote:
    Any locals recommend a particular hotel close to Wrigleyville? Walking distance is preferable.

All the ones by Wrigley are seedy and not recommended. Stay downtown. It's a 25 minute easy ride on the L (our elevated train system).
  • Options
    JimmyV wrote:

Not a heck of a lot in the way of walking distance hotels.

The Majestic
    Best Western
    City Suites hotel

However, I highly suggest if you are visiting the city - just simply stay downtown, enjoy the city and hop on the red line to get to Wrigley. Very cheap cost to hop on the El, literally next to Wrigley.. none of the hotels I listed above are very desirable.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    JimmyV wrote:

nothing walking distance.

stay downtown and take the seven minute red line train. drops you off across the street from wrigley. PLENTY of hotels to choose from right by the grand stop downtown.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732

not july? ya you might be right..too hot
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Seriously, is this a for sure thing?
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:

nothing walking distance.

stay downtown and take the seven minute red line train. drops you off across the street from wrigley. PLENTY of hotels to choose from right by the grand stop downtown.

My plan, worked perfect for the United Center shows
  • Options
    jjtormeyjjtormey Chicago Posts: 478
    http://www.bleachernation.com/2013/01/2 ... ley-field/

Interesting twitter post from the Cubs...
    '94 - Miami;  '95 - Chicago;  '06 - Chicago x 2;  '08 - Washington, DC;   '09 - Berlin; Philly #1;   '10 - Noblesville, IN; Bristol, VA;   '11 - PJ20 x 2; Costa Rica;   '12 - Missoula;   '13 - Wrigley, Baltimore, Seattle;   '14 - Stockholm, St Louis;  '16 - Wrigley x 2; Fenway;  '18 - Wrigley x 2;  
  • Options
    Agree with what everyone is saying: Don't stay in the area, the hotels aren't that great. The Addison Red Line stop runs right behind the signature rooftops. As long as you are within walking distance of a Red/Brown/Blue/Orange line stop you can quickly get to the Park. This opens it up to more hotel rooms than you could hope for.
  • Options
    Seriously, is this a for sure thing?
    Yes
This discussion has been closed.