Options

Of the earth

DubGDubG Posts: 127
edited January 2013 in The Porch
Helllllo fellow pearl jammers. I write in the hopes that someone can tell me who wrote of the earth. I've been watching my PJ20 deluxe(kids are 20)over and over and i just thought who wrote "of the earth". I have googled it for the last hour and can't find a plausible answer. I dunno if I'm just an idiot and can't find it but someone please? I know one of my brethren of the PJ family has the answer. Thanks guys and keep rockin in a stone world...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    If you go to music, then song lyrics, and click on Of The Earth on this site it tells you:
    OF THE EARTH

COMPOSER: Eddie Vedder
    ARTIST: Pearl Jam
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    Thank you sir. Duh. I'm reading your post thinking, oh ya. Smoke another one haha sorry and thank you at the same time.
  • Options
    don't know for sure, but it sounds like an Ed to me.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    DubG wrote:
    Thank you sir. Duh. I'm reading your post thinking, oh ya. Smoke another one haha sorry and thank you at the same time.
    :lol: :thumbup:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    It's a best song they put out in last 10 years or so ;)

If they don't put this song on the new record it's not going to be good one :fp: :D
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    I love the live version I've heard on the Internet, and really hope it ends up on the next record...
  • Options
    Speaking on terms of songs that need to be on records. I absolutely love Chinese. How is this not a secret track or opening track/closing track for any PJ release? This song/demo single handily shows stones amazing ability to write music and the bands ability to execute. Thank you joe strummer
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

If they don't put this song on the new record it's not going to be good one :fp: :D
    10??

hmmmm...

no..

6 yes...

10??

nop...

this is..this is one .... written by this incredible guy right here...called Mike McCready....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUij90kZRUA
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323

10??

hmmmm...

no..

6 yes...

10??

nop...

this is..this is one .... written by this incredible guy right here...called Mike McCready....

Is that The Rob rocking out at the end there?
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,025
    edited January 2013

Not quite, but it's among the best two songs they've written and released (in some form) in the last 3 years or so...
    Post edited by mrk2 on
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    Mikee J wrote:

10??

hmmmm...

no..

6 yes...

10??

nop...

yes
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mrk2 wrote:
    Mikee J wrote:

Not quite, but it's among the best two songs they've written and released (in some form) in the last 3 years or so...

Not that its controversial or anything but I didn't say that.... Dirty Frank did... :roll:
  • Options
    Mikee J wrote:

yes[/quote]

Awesome :D
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,025
    Mikee J wrote:
    Not that its controversial or anything but I didn't say that.... Dirty Frank did... :roll:

Sorry, messed up the quotes there... fixed it now
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Have you check the credits at the end of Pearl Jam Twenty?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274

This is the first song that I played in the car for my son when he was coming home after he was born.

First melody he ever heard ;)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options

This is the first song that I played in the car for my son when he was coming home after he was born.

First melody he ever heard ;)
    this kid is already golden!!! :)
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,706
    this song needed some work to make it a album track.
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142

10??

hmmmm...

no..

6 yes...

10??

nop...

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :wave:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options

10??

hmmmm...

no..

6 yes...

10??

nop...

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :wave:
    whooohoooo!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    lyearslyears Posts: 212
    Have to agree about Inside Job.. but Of the Earth in London was great, I have high hopes of a studio version on the next album
    Hyde Park 25/06/10 - Manchester 20/06/12 - Leeds 08/07/14
  • Options
    lyears wrote:
    Have to agree about Inside Job.. but Of the Earth in London was great, I have high hopes of a studio version on the next album
    yeah...that show was so great that evening at London..

i have somewhere the bootleg too!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    just dont like the song!
    danny d
  • Options

Unthought Known disagrees with you on that one ;)
  • Options
    DubG wrote:
    Speaking on terms of songs that need to be on records. I absolutely love Chinese. How is this not a secret track or opening track/closing track for any PJ release? This song/demo single handily shows stones amazing ability to write music and the bands ability to execute. Thank you joe strummer

Yes to all of this. It should be followed up by Falling Down.
    -PUSH ME AND I WILL RESIST!
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,058
    Need a studio version of this. I have been blown away by this song since my first listen. It has become one of my favorite PJ tracks. Just wish they'd record it.