Options

THANK YOU Eddie Vedder for making my 5-year-olds YEAR in FtL

CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
edited July 2013 in Given To Fly (live)
Eighteen months ago my kids and I began a very difficult time in our lives. My daughter (who is almost six now) had a particularly rough time, and ultimately ended up with a panic/anxiety disorder that lasted for at least a year.... in a nutshell, she had a very difficult time leaving home, being in the car, being in public places. Music helped a great deal at bedtime and during car trips -- in particular, the EV ukulele album. She listened every night, and "Tonight You Belong To Me" was our go-to in the car when she was struggling. After a year of trying to be brave, things improved for her and the EV tour was announced, so I decided that taking her to a show as a REWARD would be perfect. She had great motivation to make the trip and it would be something to be proud of, she was all for it! She's had a little trouble since then, but for the most part is doing very well!

Fast forward to Dec 1, at the Fort Lauderdale 2 show, and Ed somehow notices her kicking her feet along to the songs and asks to have the house lights turned up so he can see her, and he tells her hello, asks her her age. (To which she said, "Oh...I think he likes me!!") He made mention of her a few other times during the show, and at the end of the show during Hard Sun he spotted her and made sure she had a pick (it took two tries there, because we dropped the first one, thank you for searching your pockets and then going to get the second one!), he blew her a little kiss and waved. Words cannot even describe what this experience has done for her. I just know that my nervous little girl just said to me on the way to school today, "Mama, I feel so lovely right now...." And for that I am forever grateful. Thank you is not enough!!
"Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,150
    photopic.jpg
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Thank you Dimitris :D :thumbup:
  • Options
    Thank you Eddie.....

i said it that night..and ill said it again....

THANK YOU......

Carey,a Huge Bravo to YOU...cos i know how you doing your best for your 2 Angels...

i know how great MOTHER you are....

and for a million times ill say to you again...

this was one of the best ideas you ever had....to reward Lady-Lydia by taking her to see Eddie

Good things happens to GOOD people.....Fuck yeah!!

Carey wrote:
    I just know that my nervous little girl just said to me on the way to school today, "Mama, I feel so lovely right now...."
    thank you Carey for the tears of happiness..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    How awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Glad your daughter had a great experience.
  • Options
    Top moment of show...

2nd most is our kids meeting... He was sooo happy for her :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Good stuff :D
  • Options
    Top moment of show...

Thanks so much Adam! And thanks for delivering the goodies to us :D Did you get a picture of Lydia and Logan together? If not, I can send you mine... It's super cute, especially of Logan. Hope he had a great birthday!
  • Options
    jasonjason Posts: 468
    Wow, I remember seeing your post and was going to hope to meet up but was not sure I was even going to make it to the shows. How odd that I read your post, then see it again. My dad (the opposite of 5 - 69 years old) came with me to take in the show. I thought it was great that Eddie noted a young person in the crowd and noted the feet dangling, etc..... Maybe because he has 2 little ones at home he is a little softy, who knows. Anyway, WONDERFUL that you guys had a great time! Hopefully she didn't learn the new "f-word" aka FEELINGS right????

Glad you were there and I was about where you were just on the left section. GREAT TIME!!!

Take care,
    Jason
  • Options
    Carey wrote:
    Top moment of show...

Thanks so much Adam! And thanks for delivering the goodies to us :D Did you get a picture of Lydia and Logan together? If not, I can send you mine... It's super cute, especially of Logan. Hope he had a great birthday!
    Did not... yes I would love it :)
    You can put it here... Future power PJ couple :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    So happy for you and your daughter! Thanks for sharing with us! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Carey wrote:
    Top moment of show...

Did not... yes I would love it :)
    You can put it here... Future power PJ couple :lol:
    image1354411506959368.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Awwww there it is, how freaking cute is your kid Adam.....

And thank you everybody, thanks for taking the time to read our story and commenting!
    Post edited by Carey on
  • Options
    Carey wrote:
    thank God took from his wife...
  • Options
    Had the pleasure of talking to your daughter before the show ( friend of Adam ). She seemed very happy & looked forward to seeing Ed. So glad for her wonderful personal experience :mrgreen: . An evening the 2 of you will never forget. Good for you guys, pleasure to meet both of you this weekend 8-) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Sweet! :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Carey wrote:
    You ain't kidding :?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Carey wrote:
    You ain't kidding :?
    you know im not.. :lol:
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    Great story! 2 cuties... Hope your daughter continues to improve. Great that music can be source of strength for her and she's lucky to have a mommy who knows that too!

Peace

Jen
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Beautiful story.

thank you for sharing.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Great story. One of the highlights from night #2 for sure.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    Very cool. I had my 5.5 year old daughter with me at the show (he first concert ever) and she thought it was cool that Eddie talked to a girl her age just like her!

Sweet story.

My kid slept through a lot, how about yours? ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Very cool Carey. May your daughter continue to improve. So cool music helps her. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,935
    Your daughter was wearing a PJ hoodie, cutest thing ever!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    Beautiful story about a beautiful girl. Thank you so much for sharing.....and thank you Ed for being such a gracious man.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Cool story
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Wow, what a great story! So happy to read about this; Ed is such a class act! :clap:
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    pretty cool :thumbup:
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    hgpjam11hgpjam11 Posts: 1,328
    What a great experience, I can't even imagine how exciting that would be for a little girl! I am glad I got to meet you in Memphis, she really is very sweet. :)
    I win.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    I had the pleasure of meeting both of these lovely ladies in Memphis and could not have been more impressed. Kudos to Carey for doing such a wonderful job raising her child. Lydia is an adorable little bundle of personality and I'm so glad that she seems to have gotten through her tough times. What an awesome story and it makes me so happy that you guys had such an amazing time in Ft. Lauderdale.
    Big ups to the PJ moms out there

:clap::clap::clap:

and big ups to Eddie for being so thoughtful when it comes to the little ones in the crowd.
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I had the pleasure of meeting both of these lovely ladies in Memphis and could not have been more impressed. Kudos to Carey for doing such a wonderful job raising her child. Lydia is an adorable little bundle of personality and I'm so glad that she seems to have gotten through her tough times. What an awesome story and it makes me so happy that you guys had such an amazing time in Ft. Lauderdale.
    Big ups to the PJ moms out there

:clap::clap::clap:

and big ups to Eddie for being so thoughtful when it comes to the little ones in the crowd.

THANK YOU MATT! :D Wish you could have been there, but we'll catch you again next time!!