EV Ft Lauderdale 1 Poster

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
edited December 2012 in The Porch
VEDEDER-FLA-COLOR-PROOFsmall.jpg
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Gotta be Tom Tomorrow
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Gotta be Tom Tomorrow
    i think that too...

to much summer!! :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    yep^^
    aqo2t.jpg
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    I love the theme and the homage to a more civilized age and time.

Here is from the artist and how he came up with it:
    http://thismodernworld.com/
    I designed the poster for Eddie Vedder’s show in Fort Lauderdale tonight. This one was initially slated for his tour last spring, which had to be rescheduled when he injured his arm, so this has been in the works for awhile now — I think they first contacted me for ideas last February.

I lived in Lauderdale for awhile as a kid, and remember the tourist iconography of that era well. And I’ve always loved the old-school big letter postcards — they even inspired the title of my first book, way back when (and I am very amused to see the prices some sellers are trying to get for that one, by the way). Anyway, when I heard FLORIDA, I knew right away what I wanted to do.

(What I didn’t know, when I submitted this idea eight or nine months ago, was that big letter postcards were going to be a running theme of merchandise this tour. But Ed liked my version and asked me to finish it up despite the overlap, so here we are.)

The signed and numbered edition of 200 (minus whatever I hold back for friends and family) will be going on sale in the fabulous online emporium in a few days, where you can also buy my damn book. And as an added thank you, one randomly selected poster order out of every ten will also receive one of the guitar picks I designed for Mr. Vedder.
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I like it.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    not my favorite
    aqo2t.jpg
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    I really like this one. Dunno why, but I like the post card theme posters and the colors are bright, just what I think of when I think of Fl.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
    So, a postcard poster? Nah.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I think it's a fun poster and I like it. I like the images inside the letters and the bright colors. It's definitely different than many we've seen so far this tour, and I'd definitely buy it if I was there.

If only now I could afford a condo in Ft Lauderdale to put that in! :lol:
    i really believe is kinda for a kids room poster..funny summer one.
    i would buy this only if i was at a show or for a gift to a child
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    Great concept for a Florida show.....love the distinct TT imagery!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I was supposed to be there, and I actually like it. Retro feel and bright colors.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I absolutely love this print.

I was a big fan of the Backspacer artwork and I also remembering really liking the "old-school postcard" prints from the European tour (although I can't remember who did those)...But I really dig this.

I love the characters he uses and the colors look great. I don't know, I just think this one, in its simplicity, is fantastic.

...but what do I know.
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Love this poster! Reminds me of Summer, helps me take a break from all this crappy rainy Seattle weather. Plus I always love Tom Tomorrow's work, one of the best of this tour! :)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    I like it. As a Florida resident its something i wouldve considered hanging in my place had i not sold my ticket for tonight. I dig the Florida vibe alot of the posters have captured.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
    good that has alot Florida in it!!!i hope people are there like it ;)
  • It's like a fresh squeezed orange juice :D

I am thirsty now and I like it.

Good job :thumbup:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    I like it. Has that 50's fun in the sun style feeling. :)
  • Wow... Me likey ;)
    Maybe bc its frickin freezing out and looking at it makes me feel all summer like, but a cool print. This one goes on my daughters wall ;)
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
    Wow... Me likey ;)
    Maybe bc its frickin freezing out and looking at it makes me feel all summer like, but a cool print. This one goes on my daughters wall ;)
    :lol: i thought the same...brought summer!
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    I like it- great job by TT.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    I think it is pretty rad. Very fitting for that area of Florida.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • I think it's great. the sun reminds me of the sun logo from the Sunfest festival that PJ played in 1993. Love it!

and yes, totally tom tomorrow!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    Like the poster.

I have always been a fan of TT's work. His 2009 Chicago print is one of my favorite framed posters.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Love this poster! Reminds me of Summer, helps me take a break from all this crappy rainy Seattle weather. Plus I always love Tom Tomorrow's work, one of the best of this tour! :)

my thoughts exactly. i just took our dog for a walk in the cold, pouring rain here in Portland. this print is vibrant & fun. really like it a lot. i'm not one that usually considers buying posters from shows i didn't attend.....but this may be one that i pick up down the road! very cool!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    I really like it - it certainly captures the vibe of the area. Typically I wouldnt like this genre - but this is good. If it is a TT - well done!
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    Super cheesy ..BUT I LOVE IT ...Without a doubt one of toms prints ... You spot his artwork a mile away

I use to drive to Florida as a kid every year with mom and dad (I'm from ny) and when it was time to drive home we would stop at random truck stops and souvenir shops and purchase the most random things ...and we all bought at least one super cheesy post card...HELL I STILL HAVE SOME OF THEM.. :lol:

Its so retro even the hipsters would love it....anyone know the measurements ?and when the sale goes down?
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Definitely harkens back to a different time. Love it. Makes me feel happy, look good on my recroom wall. cheers all
  • NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    i dig it a lot-- fun poster, indicative of the locale. like the color scheme too, would look great on the walls. wish i was at the show!
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Really like this poster -- makes me yearn for summer and it was not quite summer weather tonight....having moved from California this year it hits the spot and makes me nostalgic. Very cool, hope those who went enjoy themselves!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved