Radiohead - when will they tour the US again?

Comments

• nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    tragic news, I know a few people who were going to the show too.

the NxNE festival is also happening in the city right now and the Flaming Lips are playing a free show tonight as well. I have a feeling a lot of the people who were going to Radiohead are now going to the Lips and Yonge-Dundas Square is going to be PACKED!
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    As someone studying engineering with the hope one day to work specifically on making temporary structures such as these more structurally sound, it is gut-wrenching each and every time this happens, as I know it is someone I will call my brethren eventually who was likely responsible. As a Torontonian with many friends who were to go to this show - and if the stage was constructed, who knows if it would've been structurally sound at that point - it is terrifying. And as a human being, to know that there is one less life, while that life was helping to set up an event designed to bring so many joy - it is an ironic, unjust, and tragic waste of life. Each time a stage collapses I say this, but please let this be the last one, and what ever comes next - may that poor soul and his family eventually find peace, and may the injured man recover.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,024
    Sad day it was their drum tech that passed..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-cana ... WEET160783
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bobasfeet wrote:
    Sad day it was their drum tech that passed..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-cana ... WEET160783

damn! also worked with Keane i see :(
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Really sad and easily avoidable.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Radiohead is rescheduling the seven next shows to remake their stage. Here are a few photos for those that couldn't make a show this year:

IMG_1863.JPG

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG
  • ^^
    so, does that mean their set up was partially responsible for the stage collapse, or they're just being overly cautious? Surely someone had to determine the screens and lighting we not too heavy for the stage to hold.

im actually kinda surprised they're still even going to tour. with a band that doesnt put touring as a priority... this event seems like something that would make them just say fuck it altogether. stick to the basement and do webcasts. they lost a member of their crew, and as sad as it would be to know that they would never tour again, i wouldnt say that i could blame them if that was their choice either.

scary to to think about. how much time had passed from radiohead's souncheck to the stage collapse? it could have been a member of the band. they're "lucky" (for lack of a better word) it happened before they started letting fans in... it could have been much, much worse.

edit: after doing some research (shoulda done that before I posted I guess :oops: ) Their stuff just got destroyed...
    European Shows
    Hello everyone,

As you will probably have heard the roof over the stage collapsed at our show in Toronto killing crew member Scott Johnson and injuring three other crew members. The collapse also destroyed the light show – this show was unique and will take many weeks to replace. The collapse also caused serious damage to our backline, some elements of which are decades old and therefore hard to replace.

Whilst we all are dealing with the grief and shock ensuing from this terrible accident there are also many practical considerations to deal with & consequently we have to try and reschedule the following shows:

June
    30 Roma Hippodrome Capanelle

July
    1 Firenze Parco delle Cascine
    3 Bologna Arena Parco Nord
    4 Codroipo Villa Manin
    6 Berlin Wuhlheide
    7 Berlin Wuhlheide
    9 St Triphon Carriere des Andonces

We aim to announce the new dates for these shows on Wednesday 27th of June and will also supply information on how to obtain refunds on tickets if you cannot come to the show on the new date.

We will start playing live again at Les Arenes Nimes, Bilbao BBK festival and Lisbon Optimus Alive festival.

We will make every effort to offer the fans the very best show possible under the circumstances – thanks for your understanding and support.

http://radiohead.com/deadairspace/
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• AndyVanSlykeAndyVanSlyke Posts: 183
    Rest of the tour starts tomorrow. I can't imagine the mood, setlist, and overall atmosphere that it's going to be. I'm predicting lots of old stuff for the rest of the tour.

Anyone going?
    European Shows
    Hello everyone,

As you will probably have heard the roof over the stage collapsed at our show in Toronto killing crew member Scott Johnson and injuring three other crew members. The collapse also destroyed the light show – this show was unique and will take many weeks to replace. The collapse also caused serious damage to our backline, some elements of which are decades old and therefore hard to replace.

Whilst we all are dealing with the grief and shock ensuing from this terrible accident there are also many practical considerations to deal with & consequently we have to try and reschedule the following shows:

June
    30 Roma Hippodrome Capanelle

July
    1 Firenze Parco delle Cascine
    3 Bologna Arena Parco Nord
    4 Codroipo Villa Manin
    6 Berlin Wuhlheide
    7 Berlin Wuhlheide
    9 St Triphon Carriere des Andonces

We aim to announce the new dates for these shows on Wednesday 27th of June and will also supply information on how to obtain refunds on tickets if you cannot come to the show on the new date.

We will start playing live again at Les Arenes Nimes, Bilbao BBK festival and Lisbon Optimus Alive festival.

We will make every effort to offer the fans the very best show possible under the circumstances – thanks for your understanding and support.

http://radiohead.com/deadairspace/
    [/quote]
    Pittsburgh 2003/Pittsburgh 2006/Outside Lands 2009/Bridge School 2010/Pittsburgh 2013
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    caught the ACL show on PBS the other night. Tommy boy needs to learn to dance. :lol:

anyways...good stuff....worth a watch.

just make sure you have it hooked up to a stereo. can't stand listening to music thru a tv speaker
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    caught the ACL show on PBS the other night. Tommy boy needs to learn to dance. :lol:

just make sure you have it hooked up to a stereo. can't stand listening to music thru a tv speaker

I too watched this show. I thought it was awesome and it made me realize how good the show was this summer. I think it will be a radiohead day today in the studio....

As far as Tommy boy dancing, my six year old daughter was laughing her head off at him. She looked at me and said "Isn't he embarrassed to do that on TV?"! :lol:
  • @RollingStone: Watch Radiohead's entire last New York concert as shot by fans: http://t.co/PNPgjU1G
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    @RollingStone: Watch Radiohead's entire last New York concert as shot by fans: http://t.co/PNPgjU1G
    "for which the band contributed a crisp soundboard mix of audio from the show" :mrgreen:
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    81 wrote:

I'm not sure whether you're being serious here or not with your laughing icon but man having just seen RH twice downunder I've never seen anyone else dance like Thommy. Fuck me drunk, me eyes nearly fell out of my head witnessing that! Guess I got lucky even though Im a RH fan club member and didnt get great seats, at least I got to see them live when so many other poor buggers missed out. Best two nights entertainment I've ever had, now PJ better get their sweet asses out here next year so I have something else to look forward to cos it could be 5 years or so before RH hit our shores again.
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    last night's set list from Camden (wasn't there, but some friends went)

Bloom
    There There
    Kid A
    Morning Mr. Magpie
    The Gloaming
    Separator
    Lucky
    Like Spinning Plates
    Identikit
    15 Step
    Nude
    Lotus Flower
    Paranoid Android
    Feral
    Little by Little
    Idioteque

Encore #1
    Give Up The Ghost
    Staircase
    I Might Be Wrong
    Bodysnatchers

Encore #2
    House of Cards
    Reckoner
    Everything In Its Right Place

Your friends got lucky hearing "Like Spinning Plates" live. That is a real trippy number and awfully good to get stoned to if you're into that at all. I didnt get it at the 2 shows I went to a couple of weeks ago but then I figure I got lucky seeing the band when so many others missed out. I never thought I'd see a band live I could like as much as PJ but RH are every bit as good live as they are. It's good when the two greatest bands on the planet patronise our part of the world..... Maybe next year we'll be getting PJ cos every time they release an album our country is on the agenda of countries to tour.
  • Has anyone been able to download the Bonnaroo 06 show that just surfaced yet? I am out of town, away from my computer for a few more days, and just wondering how it sounds.
    http://bit.ly/V6DbWz
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Edrock78Edrock78 Posts: 167
    I have it. Honestly, it's probably the best sounding live recording I've heard from them. The guy that mixed it did a hell of a job.
  • Thank you so much for posting this link! I had no idea this had been put out there, never heard this show before. Listening right now and it sounds great.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • Edrock78 wrote:
    I have it. Honestly, it's probably the best sounding live recording I've heard from them. The guy that mixed it did a hell of a job.
    Sweet, that's what I wanted to hear. :D I just hope the link is still up when I get home in a few days.
    Thank you so much for posting this link! I had no idea this had been put out there, never heard this show before. Listening right now and it sounds great.
    No problem, it sounds like it was an amazing show, I can't wait to hear it myself.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • My God this sounds fucking amazing. Better sound quality than I Might Be Wrong. You can hear every instrument perfectly and I've never really given much credit to Ed for his vocals, but they really sound good and play an important role.

Boooooooooooner
  • I finally was able to download and listen to the Bonnaroo 06 show the other day, and the sound quality, and setlist, is absolutely amazing! 8-)
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I finally was able to download and listen to the Bonnaroo 06 show the other day, and the sound quality, and setlist, is absolutely amazing! 8-)

I got to get around to doing this tomorrow... will be great.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Bonnaroo 06 sounds fanfuckintastic. props to the master!
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Bonnaroo 06 sounds fanfuckintastic. props to the master!
    +1, only listened to a few songs so far but it's sounding amazing!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Great recording.... but back to the original topic.. do we think Radiohead will release a new album this year or tour the U.S.?? I know the Atoms For Peace album is coming which will be sick but I'm craving some new Radiohead.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717

Wow! This sounds unbelievably good!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Wow! This sounds unbelievably good!

where are you guys finding this? the torrent on KAT is dead. thanks in advance for your help!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    nevermind! got it! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    downloading the bonnaroo 2006 performance now.. can't wait to listen to it.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • back to the original topic.. do we think Radiohead will release a new album this year or tour the U.S.?? I know the Atoms For Peace album is coming which will be sick but I'm craving some new Radiohead.

I'd say unlikely. Atoms for Peace album + tour this year... Maybe, if we're lucky some more Radiohead next year... but I'd say we'll probably be waiting till at least 2014 for that. It was a long wait in between In Rainbows and King of Limbs. Hopefully we dont have to wait that long again.

• I know they toured North America last year, but I'm sure fans in Toronto, Ontario are extremely hungry of wanting to see Radiohead soon. They were supposed to play at Downsview Park to approximately 40 000 fans on June 16, 2012, but the stage collapsed shortly after 4:00 PM EST, resulting the band to immediately cancel the show. The drum tech was killed and three other crew members were injured. The gates were due to open at 5:00 PM EST.