Options

Dropbox

dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
anyone use this?
"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
"..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    It's a little pricey if you have a large collection take a look at live drive.
  • Options
    anyone use this?

I love it. I use it to share certain files and to work on projects at work. I use it to share family photos. I use it to store documents I might need to access anytime (pearl jam electronic tickets).

It's a great service.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

it's free no?

i use it ...
  • Options
    ok...so i want to share a file...that i upload..
    i sent it to a email adress??..need the other person has an account to dropbox to see it?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    anyone use this?

Me! :D Not so often though. Only when I want to exchange big files.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    i sent it to a email adress??..need the other person has an account to dropbox to see it?

Yes. It's so simple. And it's also good to become friends. I think there is an "invite" button or something. That gives you some more space. ;)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap wrote:

Yes. It's so simple. And it's also good to become friends. I think there is an "invite" button or something. That gives you some more space. ;)
    OK thanks..but need the other person to have an acount to dropbox or not?
  • Options
    Pap wrote:

OK thanks..but need the other person to have an acount to dropbox or not?

I believe that YES. It's simple and fast to create a dropbox account.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    anyone use this?

yes i use it ... it not bad
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:

it's free no?

i use it ...

up to certain amount of gigs are free ... after that its a pay.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    I think you also need to download a very small .exe file and run it.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

You can have up to 500MB when you invite as many friends as you can.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

it's free no?

i use it ...

I think it's only 2g that's free, I have over 500g so that would cost 500 think livedrive was 150 for that same capacity.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

it's free no?

i use it ...

I made the acount gave me 2G..after that did some step..now i have 50G free..im good..
  • Options
    I made the acount gave me 2G

That's the starting point and actually all. You're not going to have more space for free than that. Only with some friends you can make it 2.5G maximum.
  • Options
    i share a file with a friend...she is in the flight from orlando to ny at the moment..wait to land so she tell me if its all ok..lets see
  • Options
    i share a file with a friend...she is in the flight from orlando to ny at the moment..wait to land so she tell me if its all ok..lets see

you can share files by creating public links ... just look at the user manuals
  • Options
    antares434 wrote:

you can share files by creating public links ... just look at the user manuals
    ok..thanks!!

BTW..WORKED MY FRIEND GET THE VIDEO!! :)
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I use it for school - it's awesome.

But I also carry a 1TB harddrive and 16G flashdrive on me too. Digital space is a necessity these days with the audio and film production I've been doing in school... and the my music collection is constantly growing.

The harddrive is wonderful to have with me for when I do my radio shows. So convenient.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    I use this all the time for work, it works great!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Make sure to compress the file before uploading
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    I use it a lot, and my little usb thumb drives are becoming obsolete except for large files.

I carry a little 2GB thumb drive on my keychain which I never use any more. I just drop work files in dropbox in case I need to see anything while at home.

I have google drive as well, but hardly use it. It's the same thing, but I like the dropbox interface a little more.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    WORKED MY FRIEND GET THE VIDEO!! :)

:D
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Yep, all the time. My work life got SO much easier with it. It's free and simple!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    its really cool so far
  • Options
    so cool the sharing today.. :);)
  • Options
    do u getting always email notification when the other person gets the file you sharing?
  • Options
    do u getting always email notification when the other person gets the file you sharing?