Did anyone in Austalia see Radiohead live recently?

pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
edited December 2012 in Other Music
Just wondering if anyone else off this board saw them live too and what you thought of the experience. I thought they were one of the best live acts I've ever seen, and I've seen some great bands over the years, including Pearl Jam of course. I havent seen anything negative about the Radiohead tour in our country as we have a large RH fan base here, even though it's 9 years since they last toured. So anyone who went let me know what you thought of their concerts. Unfortunately poor old Adelaide and Perth missed out but apart from that, Radiohead have done themselves proud this time round, as far as I'm concerned. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    I didn't see Radiohead in Australia... but I did see them when they came to Arizona in March this year.

Quite possibly in the top three concert-going experiences for me.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    saw them in st louis in the spring. defiantly one of the best shows ever. have a great time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pjamaholic wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone else off this board saw them live too and what you thought of the experience. I thought they were one of the best live acts I've ever seen, and I've seen some great bands over the years, including Pearl Jam of course. I havent seen anything negative about the Radiohead tour in our country as we have a large RH fan base here, even though it's 9 years since they last toured. So anyone who went let me know what you thought of their concerts. Unfortunately poor old Adelaide and Perth missed out but apart from that, Radiohead have done themselves proud this time round, as far as I'm concerned. :)

YES!!!! i did. and not to get all fangirl but it truly was the best gig of my life(and ive been doing this awhile). i still get tingly when i think about it.

heres some pics i took from my perch:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 0c32ca2412
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited November 2012
    Saw them in Houston, back in March. Amazing show. top 10 easily.
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • leekstokieleekstokie Stoke-on-Trent - UK Posts: 900
    Saw them at Manchester Arena in October and they were AMAZING, such a good live set. The King of limbs stuff sounds better live than it does on the CD.

Easily a top 3 gig for me!!
    PJ
    2012 - Manchester 1 - 20/6 
    2014 - Amsterdam 1 - 16/6, Amsterdam 2 - 17/6, Milan - 20/6, Leeds - 08/07, Milton Keynes - 11/07
    2015 - Bogota - 25/11
    2016 - Philly 1 - 28/04, Philly 2 - 29/04, NYC 1 - 01/05, NYC 2 - 02/05
    2018 - LDN 1 - 18/06, Krakow - 03/07, Berlin - 05/07, Madrid - 12/07, LDN 2 - 17/07, Missoula 13/08
    2022 - LA 1 - 06/05, LA2 - 07/05, Berlin - 21/06, Frankfurt 28/07, London 1 - 08/07, London 2 - 09/07, Budapest - 12/07, Krakow 14/07, Amsterdam 2 - 25/07, NYC Apollo - 10/09, NYC MSG - 11/09, OKC - 20/09, Denver - 22/09.
    2023 - St Paul 2 - 03/09, Chicago 1 - 05/09, Chicago 2 - 07/09

EV
    2012 - Manchester - 28/07/12, 2017 - Amsterdam - 29/05/17, 2019 -Amsterdam - 09/06/2019, Madrid - 22/06/2019
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    The general consensus of opinion is that they are just awesome live and of course they are! They are just about the best live band I have ever seen, I simply did not want to get up and walk out of that arena when the concert finished. I saw Pink Floyd back in '92 and RH were as good! If they'd played all night I'd have still been there the next morning listening to them. Only one thing wrong with those concerts - they actually had to end! :lol: Catefrances, I knew you were seeing them too. Your pics r awesome, much better than mine but then I was fucking miles away cos I couldnt get good seats. But then I figure I was lucky enough to see them at all since so many unlucky people missed out. I hope it's not another 9 years before they come out again, I'll be walking with a cane by then, lol!
    pjamaholic wrote:
    ... Catefrances, I knew you were seeing them too. Your pics r awesome, much better than mine but then I was fucking miles away cos I couldnt get good seats. But then I figure I was lucky enough to see them at all since so many unlucky people missed out. I hope it's not another 9 years before they come out again, I'll be walking with a cane by then, lol!

i was in row H... and tbh i was lucky to even be in the building... i actually walked away from the computer the morning of the ticket sale cause i wasvery frustrated and having no luck securing a ticket. i was called back by my daughter after she jumped on and found a ticket. shes my favourite child now. ;):lol::lol:

oh and thank you on the pics. i took some video as well.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • i went to melbourne to see em. no doubt they're a great live band, but don't think i'd have it "top 5" like most people seem to claim. the sound mix was pretty shitty at laver.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
    i went to melbourne to see em. no doubt they're a great live band, but don't think i'd have it "top 5" like most people seem to claim. the sound mix was pretty shitty at laver.

well i put that down to the acoustics of the venue rather than the band. never forget rod laver arena is primarily a sporting venue, NOT a music venue.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • i went to melbourne to see em. no doubt they're a great live band, but don't think i'd have it "top 5" like most people seem to claim. the sound mix was pretty shitty at laver.

well i put that down to the acoustics of the venue rather than the band. never forget rod laver arena is primarily a sporting venue, NOT a music venue.

Well yeh, I'm aware of that.

Maybe it's just the whole "omg I saw radiohead they are like the bestest band eva, but I don't know any songs" crowd... Interspersed with the "elitist kid a and amnesiac are the 2 greatest albums of all time.. the bends sucks and if you dare mention THAT song that starts with C... And if you disagree with me you don't understand anything about music" crowd, that really just piss me off.

Well that sentence made sense in my head anyway...
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    Saw them in Sydney and dreamt of PJ running a light/display show similar to Radiohead's during '15 step' - when all the flat panels formed a low roof of white light. Amazing visual.

In other news I just logged in for the first time in a very very long time and did so with my old member login by mistake to be reminded by member number I let lapse used to be 135xxx. Ouch.
    Well yeh, I'm aware of that.

Maybe it's just the whole "omg I saw radiohead they are like the bestest band eva, but I don't know any songs" crowd... Interspersed with the "elitist kid a and amnesiac are the 2 greatest albums of all time.. the bends sucks and if you dare mention THAT song that starts with C... And if you disagree with me you don't understand anything about music" crowd, that really just piss me off.

Well that sentence made sense in my head anyway...

i understand what youre saying...there are radiohead fans that can be a bit precious.. but the same can be said for every band out there. ill admit i had quite high expectations for radiohead live and for me, they delivered. i also wasnt prepared for how emotional i got... it was such a pleasure to see such a tight unit perform.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say