Options

*** EV Tour Albuquerque Fanviews Here 11/06/12 ***

2»

Comments

• Options
    My first solo show and I loved it. The stories between the songs almost overshadowed the songs for me, which sounds dumb, but they were hilarious, touching, and just damn interesting. 'Immortality' was the highlight, got chills when he was hitting that foot pedal at the end. Loved the 'Into the Wild' segment with Hirsch, and though I'm going to Walter's, ha, was awesome.
    Don't it make you smile?
    I MISS YOU ALREDDIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

PJ 20 Alpine Valley 9/3/11, Eddie Vedder Albuquerque 11/6/12
  • Options
    JR8805JR8805 Posts: 169
    First off, I want to thank Ed for making it out ABQ. It's so nice to have a great evening out on the town and then top off the evening with a great show--in your own darned city! It really was a treat to see such talented folks in town. We haven't seen Ed in years, so it felt a little like seeing a long-lost old friend again, especially because he was more vocal than the audience--if that can be believed. We loved the entire show, from the opening act to the end of the evening. Setlist was great. I appreciated hearing songs that will always have special meaning for me. The whole night was just so much fun, including crazy stories we all fell for. NM is the land of enchantment, but let's face it--it does occasionally borrow some from elsewhere. :)
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Eddie is a Breaking Bad fan!

As he should be :thumbup:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Eddie is a Breaking Bad fan!

As he should be :thumbup:
    Anyone really think he is? Or just savvy enough to know the reference would please the crowd? ... I would like to know if Ed is a BB fan!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I would love to hear this show again (I was there).... any help out there?
  • Options
    mojomikemojomike Denver, CO Posts: 9
    What a great night! Hearing the good news about the election from Ed is something I'll never forget. :D Glad we were in a blue state so things didn't turn ugly. There were a some righties in the crowd and Ed reached out to them a few times, many were out of there before the first encore. Yes it was political, and I loved every minute of it!!!
    6/20/95 Morrison, CO
    10/31/00 Mountain View, CA
    6/1/03 Mountain View, CA
    7/2/06 Denver, CO
    7/3/06 Denver, CO
    7/18/06 San Francisco, CA
    9/21/09 Seattle, WA
    9/22/09 Seattle, WA
    9/3/11 East Troy, WI
    9/4/11 East Troy, WI
    EV - 11/6/12 Albuquerque, NM
    11/16/13 Oklahoma City, OK
    10/9/15 Lincoln, NE
    10/19/15 St Paul, MN
    10/22/15 Denver, CO
    4/9/16 Miami, FL
    4/11/16 Tampa, FL
    4/13/16 Jacksonville, FL
    5/2/16 New York, NY
  • Options
    I know some people don't, but I personally love the political stuff. I guess I wouldn't if their views didn't match mine pretty much exactly... so lucky me I guess! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Cant´t be neutral on a moving train...

On behalf of a more than just a lot of us european folks I think: thank U guys for voting and make it possible for Obama one more time :clap::clap::clap:
    7/4/12 & 7/5/12 Berlin
    EV 7/31/12 London
  • Options
    Matlock wrote:
    Cant´t be neutral on a moving train...

On behalf of a more than just a lot of us european folks I think: thank U guys for voting and make it possible for Obama one more time :clap::clap::clap:
    Ha, yeah no kidding! The US might be split down the middle on it, but the rest of the world is VERY clearly pro Obama! The rest of the world had a good night on Tuesday! ;)
  • Options
    Indeed we had! Live-broadcasting-action here like never before on an american vote before, I think. Everyone was like: Don´t let them screw that up, please! Get´s you away from your inhouse troubles like, we´re all broke and the banks rule it all and stuff...

But having a person like him in the white house just makes us feel like, maybe theres still a chance for the whole thing to come clean and that feels good, even if its just for the moment!
    7/4/12 & 7/5/12 Berlin
    EV 7/31/12 London
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    I agree that there was no better place to be when Obama was re-elected than with Eddie Vedder! Someone in the audience yelled "Obama has 274!" and everyone started checking their phones. Ed said he'd get confirmation and then he played another song and his people whispered something to him and he announced it and everyone started standing up and cheering. It was so awesome!! :D

He was really gracious about it though. I actually expected thre to be a lot more political talk, but there wasn't as much as I expected and what he did say wasn't too harsh or alienating of the other side. It's funny - my sister went with me and she's not much of a fan (I'm trying to convert her. I think I was successful. :D ) so she didn't really know what to expect. Just when I was thinking, "He's really not talking as much as I thought he would," my sister turned to me and said, "I've never heard any performer talk this much at a concert!" Ah... I love Ed. :) And his commentary is a big part of what I love about him and his shows.
  • Options
    LOL, just thought something like that when listening to the Vegas II-show. Any other concert is just about an artist performing songs, but when Ed is on stage, its the music and the talking and storytelling, and that makes him bringing in his personality 100%. And the combination of both makes these nights so special! Hope the converting process works out!
    7/4/12 & 7/5/12 Berlin
    EV 7/31/12 London
  • Options
    Matlock wrote:
    LOL, just thought something like that when listening to the Vegas II-show. Any other concert is just about an artist performing songs, but when Ed is on stage, its the music and the talking and storytelling, and that makes him bringing in his personality 100%. And the combination of both makes these nights so special! Hope the converting process works out!

Thanks! I brought 5 friends with me - three of whom aren't really PJ or EV fans and two of whom are fans but had never seen Ed solo - with the goal of converting the three non-fans. (What can I say? I love them and I want them to know the great joy of Eddie Vedder!) I think the conversion process is going well. They all had a fantastic time and enjoyed both Ed and Glen - and one of them said it was the best concert she had ever attended! :D
  • Options
    :clap::clap::clap:
    7/4/12 & 7/5/12 Berlin
    EV 7/31/12 London
  • Options
    JL45814JL45814 San Diego Posts: 8
    Truly Amazing night, I love the way the place just turned into a party with only the hardcore fans staying until it was over! Glen Hansard was terrific as the opener and when I thought the show couldn't get any better, it did, over and over again! It's been 3 days, and I am still fucking pumped! Unforgettable.......
  • Options
    JL45814 wrote:
    Truly Amazing night, I love the way the place just turned into a party with only the hardcore fans staying until it was over! Glen Hansard was terrific as the opener and when I thought the show couldn't get any better, it did, over and over again! It's been 3 days, and I am still fucking pumped! Unforgettable.......

My friends came to say goodbye after the second encore & I kept telling them the show wasn't over & he'd come back out. He never disappoints! :D

ETA: :lol: Apparently the No Code album cover has replaced the big smile emoticon. Oh well - I'll just leave it. :)
  • Options
    It is just a shot in the dark but wanted to try to pass on a thank you for a great show and experience in Albuquerque.

Eddie,
    I hope this finds you and it is really just to say Thank you for the show in Albuquerque. I attended the show with my 9 year old daughter who is a PJ fan. I purchased my tickets through the Ten Club but we received a very big surprise after Glen Hansard played. We were going to the restroom getting ready for your set when a young lady asked me if we were the only two in our party. I replied ‘yes’ and she asked if I would like to sit in the first row. She also asked if this was my daughter’s first concert which it was. I was very skeptical at first and she explained that you did not like scalpers to get these tickets and that you just wanted fans to sit in them. We had the best seats in the house and you even gave my daughter a guitar pick after “Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town”.
    I have been a fan for years and have seen your solo show in Chicago but this was the best. We almost did not go because I just found out I was laid off from a job that I have held for 7 years. I am very glad we decided to come.
    I sincerely just want to THANK YOU for a great and very memorable night for me and my daughter. I do not expect any kind of reply and I am sure you receive these kinds of emails all the time but this night meant a lot to me and my daughter.
    Again, thank you for what you do and for an absolutely great night in Albuquerque!!!!
    Take Care!!!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Yay TT! That is so cool. I hope somehow Ed sees your message. Very cool. :) I'm glad you & your daughter had a great night. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Thanks Morrello!!
    This kind of stuff never happens to me and it just made it a very lucky and special night.

Take care!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I plan on writing a detailed fan view at some point soon.... I'm still digesting the experiences of Tuesday night and keep thinking of certain things from the concert. But if I had to write a short fan view, I'd have to reference a thread here a while back.

Someone had titled the thread something like "what are the Eddie solo shows like?"

Someone else replied something like, (and forgive me if I don't remember the quote exactly) "Take one of the best moments of your life. Now multiply it by 1,000."

X 1,000 might be a little bit of an exaggeration.... But not too much. Wise person there.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    livefreelivefree Norwood, CO Posts: 25
    It's been several days now since we were at the ABQ show, but the memories linger on and on. This was my wife's and my first EV solo show, so we didn't really know what to expect. Let me just say, it was one of the most memorable nights of our lives! Eddie was spot on, his voice perfect, Glen Hansard was excellent, and the vibe in the intimate arena was so positive and SO HIGH!!!!!
    There is an undercurrent in some posts that the show was "political." Well, well, well. It was Election Night in America, folks. And that's part of what made this show so memorable. I call it the perfect "convergence:" EV concert, Election Night, concert in a decidedly Blue State, small venue, good friends, and ... an Obama win!
    The show began with the election still undecided. None of the swing states had been called one way or the other. But about 30 minutes into EV's set, someone from the crowd yelled "274 for Obama!." We all started to feel pretty damn good. EV said something to the effect of, "Well, I'm going to have to get confirmation on that before I can comment." So he played another song. Then, between songs, we noticed one of his stage hands whispering into his ear. "We just got word from the Obama campaign that the President was re-elected!," said EV, barely able to control his emotions and his joy. The place erupted for several minutes. EV opened some champagne and helped pour it into glasses for folks. We started dancing, screaming, we were so happy! EV was so happy!
    The show continued in a very festive air until the very end. No one really wanted it to end. All of us patriots had escaped the grip of big-money-corporate-fascist-domination in the most dishonest and deceptively run Republican campaign of all time, and we knew we would wake up to another day of freedom in a country that we love.
    Rock on PJ! Rock on EV!
  • Options
    This show was a real love fest, and I was so happy to be a part of it!! When Ed opened with I am a Patriot, I knew it would be a very special night, and it was. I was very fortunate to be sitting close to the front, and at the very end I moved up right up against the stage for Rocking in the Free World and Hard Sun. During Hard Sun, Ed windmilled right in front of me-I was absolutely thrilled! :D It was truly a night I will never forget, and the celebrating over Obama's victory just made it that much more special. Thank you Eddie for an unforgettable evening!! :clap::clap: And thank you to the fans I met for helping to make it so! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    I am trying to keep this short. My first post - new to 10club, new to the forum, and relatively new to the band. I know, I know. It's not like I'm a 20-something. Just busy with life and all. My husband, then boyfriend, was shipping out to Desert Storm in January of 91. Then it was getting married, working, having kids. But in 2007, we went to see Into the Wild. Every time a song played, my husband said, “That's Eddie Vedder.” And I would say, “Who's Eddie Vedder?” I had heard about Pearl Jam way back from one of his Army buddies, and I had seen the Jeremy video, but I guess I just wasn't paying attention. Needless to say, we bought the movie soundtrack and listened to it a lot. Then a year and a half ago, I heard a beautiful song, Just Breathe, on the radio, and I recognized Eddie's voice, but I didn't know he had other solo work out. My dh told me that it was Pearl Jam, and I was truly shocked. I have done a lot of intense study since then, and am fairly well versed on the songs now, and love them. I am kicking myself now for being such a late bloomer and knowing I have missed so many awesome experiences. But now that my kids are getting a little older, 14 and 9, I am hoping to make up for some lost time.

Fast forward to early this year, when I read about Eddie's solo tour that was coming to Albuquerque, an 8 hour trip, but doable. I had a willing accomplice in a dear friend, and my husband could take care of the kids so a road trip was planned. The show was rapidly approaching and we were so excited. And then, in late March my older and favorite sister, very unexpectedly died. Sudden cardiac death. I was devastated. I got through some very difficult times with Ed on my Ipod playing in one ear. And about two days after we returned home from the week-long trip to the funeral, Ed canceled the shows because of his back injury. As a nurse, I completely understood, although I was sad to hear it. And I knew I would have probably cried through the whole thing.

When I heard the new date was election night, I knew it would be an incredible show. My political leanings are very similar to Eddie's, and I knew we would either rejoice or commiserate together. Our initial tickets were in row U and even though the Kiva was smallish, I really wished our seats were closer. I made a decision to find better seats. And after having lost a sister and Ed's back injury, my mind set was you never know if you will get another chance, so I bought tickets in the 4th row. I paid more than face, but not that much more and it was so worth it. Glen was wonderful! Eddie's voice gave me chills. There were times in the show when it felt like Eddie was looking right at me, and I sang along, quietly, with him all night. At one point my friend who had also never been to a PJ/Eddie show turned to me and said, “This is the greatest concert I have ever been to in my life!” I could do nothing but agree with her wholeheartedly. The crowd was great. It truly was just like a giant party when he announced the President's re-election. The set list was awesome. I had been hoping for I Am a Patriot and he opened with it. And although, I was also really hoping for Throw Your Arms Around Me, he more than made up for that by hugging me outside after the show. This night was truly one of the top 5 experiences of my life. And if I die tomorrow, I will go with a smile on my face. Thank you so much Mr. Vedder. You are a truly wonderful human being! Oh and Glen you are awesome too! :D I hope to see you again soon!
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    My framed ABQ Nov. 6, 2012 framed poster. Memorable night and excellent show.

DSCN5093.jpg

DSCN5088.jpg

DSCN5096.jpg
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    My framed ABQ Nov. 6, 2012 framed poster. Memorable night and excellent show.

Love the frame job! The poster looks fabulous! Makes me wish I'd gotten one.

EV rocks! Thanks for sharing.
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016