Options

"No 2013 plans"

GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
edited November 2012 in The Porch
http://audioinkradio.com/2012/11/pearl- ... ank-slate/

Some not-so-good news for Pearl Jam fans: According to bass player Jeff Ament, the grunge rockers have “no plans” to do anything in 2013, as of yet. “There really are no plans right now,” Ament told Guerilla Candy when asked about Pearl Jam’s 2013 schedule.

“We have a few shows in South America on the calendar and that’s about it,” he added. “I think that’s kind of by design. I think the idea is that everybody takes the holidays off and then at some point somebody will pick up the phone, maybe late January or early February, and that will kind of start the (recording) process over again.”
San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    that interview was from a couple weeks ago - and i think the "as of yet" portion of the comment should be highlighted --- do they usually have plans for next summer already? i don't think so
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,116
    I think that means they haven't planned any thing, not that they won't do anything.

I've never really felt that Pearl Jam plans their stuff out too far in advance.
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    Man, I wish I could take the holidays off and then at some point in late January/early February report back to my office.

(and of course I'm kidding---they've earned it)
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Kelly Curtis in his chat a few months ago also said there will be shows in 2013.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    EBowie wrote:
    Man, I wish I could take the holidays off and then at some point in late January/early February report back to my office.

(and of course I'm kidding---they've earned it)

:lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    I think January and February are going to be very exciting months chock fulla news for Pearl Jam fans.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I don't need plans I need new music...
    then I'll plan on listening to it on repeat, learning all the lyrics and getting
    back inside their heads and mine.

I'm a stranger to myself without Pearl Jam ... I need discovery!
    It's been too long now.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i have no vacation plans for summer 2013....

does that mean i'm not taking a summer vacation next summer? no...i just don't have plans....relax people.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

does that mean i'm not taking a summer vacation next summer? no...i just don't have plans....relax people.
    calmer than you are dude
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

calmer than you are dude

i'm pretty calm...although smacking someone keeps crossing my mind :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    :shock: :fp:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i have some plans..will change after tour announcement.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    calmer than you are dude
    :lol::lol::lol:

Love me some Lebowski
  • Options
    IMO, this band is pretty much done. They will reconvene for shows and play the standards in ever-growing generic sets, but the days of pushing their boundaries and creating interesting albums are done. It was a good run while it lasted.
    -PUSH ME AND I WILL RESIST!
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    I only have one weekend planned and it's for a wedding for my cousin. He's making me be in it so i have to go. Of course this will be the weekend PJ plays in Columbus or Buffalo.

But it's in Rochester so i could do the wedding stick around for the reception for a hr or so and hit Buffalo.
    My butt itches!