Options

Songs written for films?

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,929
edited October 2012 in The Porch
Are there anymore then Dead man and Man of the hour that was written for a specific film? Not counting Into The Wild. Breath and State of Love And trust wasn't written for Singles, only included right?

So (not counting documentaries or TV);

Written/recorded for specific films:
Dead Man (Dead Man Walking)
Man of the hour (Big Fish)

Love Reign O'er Me (Reign Over Me) - The Who Cover.
Hide Your Love Away (i Am Sam )- Beatles Cover / Eddie Solo

Included songs on soundtracks:
Breath & State of love and trust (Singles)
Hard to imagine & Who are you (Chicago Cab)
Big Wave (Surf's Up)
Just Breathe (Life as we know it)
Yellow Ledbetter (50/50)
Weird cover of Even Flow (Young Adult)

Anyones I'm missing?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Anyone?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    Thanks!

According to Wikipedia SOLAT was written (lyrics wise) after having seen Singles and for the film.
    How about Breath, anyone know?
  • Options
    Better Days I forgot the name of the film though.
  • Options
    Better Days and Long Road were on Eat Pray Love.

What about Mike's stuff for Almost Famous... he's done other stuff too, that Matt Lillard movie I can't think of the name of and he scored an episode of Fringe.
    c b j
  • Options
    chuckb_jr wrote:
    Better Days and Long Road were on Eat Pray Love.

What about Mike's stuff for Almost Famous... he's done other stuff too, that Matt Lillard movie I can't think of the name of and he scored an episode of Fringe.
    Where was Long Road during EPL? You sure?
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    No More
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Released1980Released1980 Posts: 1,790
    Soldier of Love...No Boundries soundtrack, A benifit for Kosovo something or other...(not exact title :? )
    No More>>>> Body of War
    The Real Thing>>>Judgement Night (with Cypress Hill)

Not sure if these qualify but what the hell...
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    Whale Song>>>>> Music for Our Mother Ocean
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Soldier of Love...No Boundries soundtrack, A benifit for Kosovo something or other...(not exact title :? )
    No More>>>> Body of War

I don't think No Boundaries was a movie. Pretty sure it was just the name of the album. And Soldier of Love is not written by PJ. PJ may have gotten it from Arthur Alexander(was it this song or Last Kiss that EV found in the thrift shop) or the Beatles.

I always thought Long Road was for Dead Man Walking, or was that just performance with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan?

Mike also helped on the score to Vanilla Sky.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    only films?or tv shows too?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    No More>>>> Body of War

I don't think No Boundaries was a movie. Pretty sure it was just the name of the album. And Soldier of Love is not written by PJ. PJ may have gotten it from Arthur Alexander(was it this song or Last Kiss that EV found in the thrift shop) or the Beatles.

I always thought Long Road was for Dead Man Walking, or was that just performance with Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan?

Mike also helped on the score to Vanilla Sky.

Yeah, you're right..I just rattled off songs I knew were also on compilations/soundtracks or what not. And yes, Soldier of Love is not a PJ song...Just wasn't sure what OP was looking for so started spittin stuff out ;)

MLMF NYC