Options

PJ at Lolla Tickets Super Expensive

fernando geraldifernando geraldi Posts: 124
edited October 2012 in The Porch
Pearl jam at lollapalooza is a joke. 70 thousand people per day is estimated at a jockey club. Ticket price at which the ten club offers members 50% to cost 450 dollars ... absurd. I love the band, but come play a festival like this is unfortunate. With that price I would pay for a tour of PJ and Soundgarden together ... there would be the fair price.

Regrettable.
Fernando Geraldi
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    Chile tickets look to be $147 with discount, no?
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    GD274660 wrote:
    if thats for a pair of thickets that isnt terrible. considering i pay 190 for my 10C seats at MSG
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    I think it's each, but that's for 2 days, so about $75 per day.
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    GD274660 wrote:
    if thats for a pair of thickets that isnt terrible. considering i pay 190 for my 10C seats at MSG

Only one ticket buddy !!!
    Fernando Geraldi
  • Options
    Pearl jam at lollapalooza is a joke. 70 thousand people per day is estimated at a jockey club. Ticket price at which the ten club offers members 50% to cost 450 dollars ... absurd. I love the band, but come play a festival like this is unfortunate. With that price I would pay for a tour of PJ and Soundgarden together ... there would be the fair price.

Regrettable.

The only interesting thing is banda Pearl Jam ... why do I need to buy 3 day pass? Where is the priority of the Ten Club member only on the day that Pearl Jam will play?
    Fernando Geraldi
  • Options

Regrettable.

The only interesting thing is banda Pearl Jam ... why do I need to buy 3 day pass? Where is the priority of the Ten Club member only on the day that Pearl Jam will play?
    It's a festival, they would never have fan club tickets reserved. It is expensive... I was checking the press conference, and really, I don't think I will be able to buy the tickets tonight. There will be too many people trying, the system will crash, I'm sure. One thing I didn't get is: does the 50% 10c discount apply to the tickets for the single days (whenever they're available?) or just to the 3-day lollapass?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    im a little confused.where did u see the prices..
    there are day tix only as well..but after u put your password,says,sale soon..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    they have finished the press conference a few minutes ago, there was a live streaming on Lolla's website. the prices are R$ 900,00 (full price) and R$ 450,00 (half price if you have a student ID). this is for the 3-day lollapass. they haven't announced the prices for single days yet (they'll do that on Oct. 15)
  • Options
    they have finished the press conference a few minutes ago, there was a live streaming on Lolla's website. the prices are R$ 900,00 (full price) and R$ 450,00 (half price if you have a student ID). this is for the 3-day lollapass. they haven't announced the prices for single days yet (they'll do that on Oct. 15)
    so..its 450 brazil money or USA $.?
    ad they have one day tix too..how much this cost?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    so..its 450 brazil money or USA $.?
    ad they have one day tix too..how much this cost?
    Brazilian Reais. considering that 1 Dollar = around 2 Reais
  • Options
    so..3 days pass 225 usa $..
    75$ per day...i find it ok if u are a member with 50% discount..but the full price is expensive
    i hope they have plenty for the 10c members
  • Options
    75$ per day...i find it ok if u are a member with 50% discount..but the full price is expensive

the full price is expensive but they expect to sell 85% of the tickets as half price, since there are a lot of ways to get that in brazil... so they double the price of the event... if that kind of discount didn't exist they could charge the half price as the full price.
  • Options
    cardosocardoso Porto Alegre-BR Posts: 1,461
    GD274660 wrote:

Only one ticket buddy !!!

and here, they play for 40.000 persons. Its realy expensive.
    First: Porto Alegre, Brasil 28.11.2005 ........... Next:  St. Paul 2, USA 02.09.2023
  • Options
    the lineup is really solid - so 225 or so US isnt bad for a 3 day fest.

I mean what else are you going to spend it on -- food, bills? that stuff isnt important
  • Options

the full price is expensive but they expect to sell 85% of the tickets as half price, since there are a lot of ways to get that in brazil... so they double the price of the event... if that kind of discount didn't exist they could charge the half price as the full price.
    i got it..thanks
  • Options

I mean what else are you going to spend it on -- food, bills? that stuff isnt important
    same thought here,but economy is different in brazil..and maybe this price is expensive if you think the salaries etc
  • Options

same thought here,but economy is different in brazil..and maybe this price is expensive if you think the salaries etc
    I believe that if you're going to the 3 days of festival it is not expensive, I agree. I just don't think many 10 club members will be able to buy them. There are no tickets reserved for fan club members (as fas as I understood), we just received a discount password. Which means that during pre-sale this week, everybody will be able to buy tickets. Nothing was said about the discount being valid for the single days, just for the 3-day pass. So I don't if I will lose the code in case I'm not able to use it on pre-sale. That's my doubt actually... I don't think the price is unfair, to be honest
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    I don't think the price is unfair, to be honest

I agree. I just paid the exact same amount for 2 days at DeLuna Fest (Sunday's lineup sucked, had no desire to see it) In fact I paid that much just for PJ and FF. In hindsight it seems like a steal for such a great show!
  • Options

Regrettable.

It's a festival, they would never have fan club tickets reserved. It is expensive... I was checking the press conference, and really, I don't think I will be able to buy the tickets tonight. There will be too many people trying, the system will crash, I'm sure. One thing I didn't get is: does the 50% 10c discount apply to the tickets for the single days (whenever they're available?) or just to the 3-day lollapass?

The discount apply is only to the 3-day lollapass.
    Fernando Geraldi
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    Blah, Blah, Blah, more non US dates, AWESOME! :roll: :roll: :roll:
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Just a guess here...something tells me that the average South American does not make as much as the average American but the these bands still want to be paid the same as in America and the festivals have to charge as much as a festivals in the states would...correct??
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    Just got a VIP ticket for the Chile dates.

w00t!
  • Options
    Just found out prices for 1 day pass at Lolla Brazil: 350 reais - about 175 US dollars.
    And you can only get the 50% off if you buy the 3 day-pass.
    Rachel Sardinha - Brazil
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Just a guess here...something tells me that the average South American does not make as much as the average American ??
    yeah..thats why is expensive for the people there..
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    The price of BRL450 is about £135, which is about 2/3rds of Glastonbury/Reading's price for 2013, at £200. Adjusting for the different economies (thought Brazil was supposed to be booming?) and the prices are pretty fair, really.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    Cob wrote:
    Blah, Blah, Blah, more non US dates, AWESOME! :roll: :roll: :roll:
    +1
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    ChloeDancerChloeDancer São Paulo - SP (Brazil) Posts: 58
    Just found out prices for 1 day pass at Lolla Brazil: 350 reais - about 175 US dollars.

Hi,
    Where did you find out the price for just one day? I just read the entire FAQ at Lolla site and they didn´t put there yet...
    Well, R$ 350 is so expensive, plus the 20% tax... I bet Chile and Argentina tickets are cheaper... It would be great if 10c could give a 50% discount to members too, buying just one ticket...because I won´t buy a 3 days pass, no way...
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647

Hi,
    Where did you find out the price for just one day? I just read the entire FAQ at Lolla site and they didn´t put there yet...
    Well, R$ 350 is so expensive, plus the 20% tax... I bet Chile and Argentina tickets are cheaper... It would be great if 10c could give a 50% discount to members too, buying just one ticket...because I won´t buy a 3 days pass, no way...

yup.... love listening to people gripe about ticket prices and availability to their 2nd tour through the area in 3 years... 2013 will mark 9 years with only 1 show in Texas.

Dear pearl jam, I would happily pay whatever R$ 350 is in American dollars if you would play somewhere I could get to... without having to pay for planes and hotels...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    I want to make sure I understand this correctly: 3 day pass is $900 reias, which is $444 US dollars but you get 50% off...

Lollapass meia (I'm assuming that means 1 day pass??) is $450 reias, which is $222 US dollars.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Options
    ChloeDancerChloeDancer São Paulo - SP (Brazil) Posts: 58
    lorifreud wrote:
    I want to make sure I understand this correctly: 3 day pass is $900 reias, which is $444 US dollars but you get 50% off...

Lollapass meia (I'm assuming that means 1 day pass??) is $450 reias, which is $222 US dollars.

Yes, sort of...
    3 day pass (R$ 900) will have pre-sale tomorrow, but with 10c code they gave to members, only members active will have a 50% discount...It will be R$ 450 (or US$ 225).
    I just don´t know why 10c doesn´t offer a pre-sale for a 1 day pass...I am not interested to buy the whole 3 day package. I hope they offer this possibility a few days before the general public sale (Oct 16). Lollapalooza Chile will offer 20% discount if you buy just for PJ concert day, why they can´t do this in Brazil?