Options

**Official Oracle Appreciation Event Attendees List**

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    dougfloyd wrote:
    So who's bringing the raffle items? :lol:

I'd start an official countdown thread but I have a feeling I'd be the only one posting in it :fp:

I'll bring an old iPod filled with PJ. :lol:
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    make the SELLOUT SIGN EXTRA BIG
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    DS1119 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    So who's bringing the raffle items? :lol:

I'd start an official countdown thread but I have a feeling I'd be the only one posting in it :fp:

I'll bring an old iPod filled with PJ. :lol:

I'll supply some alcohol, so we should be all set! :lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    How long are they going to play for?
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    Lament wrote:
    I'm at the age where I could give two shits if the band plays corporate gigs. As long as they are playing a show, I'm happy.

I'd much rather a corporate gig than a "like us on Facebook to order Pre-sale tickets" type show

I'd be less cynical about the whole thing if it didn't feel like they were going to try to evade the fact that they're playing this. What are the odds that this ever gets an official "news" mention on the site, or a spot in the concert chronology?

If this is the way they want to carry themselves fine. But own up to it.

Yea, this bothered me too
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    How long are they going to play for?

The only information I've seen is the event is from 7:30pm - midnight but I don't know how long they'll play.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    While I do certainly have mixed feelings over this, I will be attending the event (on company dime) and am very much looking forward to it. I've been a 10C member for well over a decade, have flown across the country and even out of the US to see them so at least know that some IT guys are relatively hardcore fans too. I actually found out about this show Thursday while riding an elevator with our Oracle rep and the news totally turned around a bad day for me.
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Just got approved to go and booked !!!
  • Options
    Oh - and on the 'how long' question - I went 4 years ago and Elvis Costello was the headliner - there were lots of groups on before him and I'd say his set was probably a little over an hour.

still - it was easy to get up near the front and i only tried just before the end of the prior set. I'll be standing in front all night this time!

Think i'll be wearing my pj20 sweatshirt - it should be cold by then in SF.
  • Options
    I'm so excited I can't stop thinking about this.
    I think we should all wear our 10c analog/digital shirts and we can take turns during the early bands that will be playing at the main stage saving spots at the very front - so others can make beer/wine runs ( both will be served). The shirts will let band will know there are real fans there and it might influence their performance.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I'm working whatever angles i can.
    We have an army of Oracle DBAs here at work... with most of them being in either the "Who's Pearl Jam?" or the "They're Getting Back Together?" camp. I'm hoping to 'borrow' their credentials and sneak into the gig if I can't get an outright pass from my boss.

Uhm, you better get in touch if you come up to SF.

I'm in San Rafael now, but my office is downtown....
  • Options
    I'm going to this as well. Got a friend who is high up at Oracle.... otherwise this wouldn't be happening.
    2010: Mountain View, CA (10/23)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3-9/4)
    2012: Missoula, MT (09/30) - San Francisco, CA (10/03)
    2013: Chicago, Ill (07/19) - Los Angeles (11/23 - 11/24) - Oakland (11/26) - Portland (11/29) - Spokane (11/30) - Seattle (12/06)
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    I'm thinking it will look something like this..
    7.jpg

Why is the Bajoran in this picture green? Bajorans aren't green; Orions are.

Whoops, my nerd is showing. :oops:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    kw18 wrote:
    I'm thinking it will look something like this..
    7.jpg

Why is the Bajoran in this picture green? Bajorans aren't green; Orions are.

Whoops, my nerd is showing. :oops:
    Seriously how many of us know how to spell or even say Bajoran?
  • Options
    Anyone out there have an extra pass to this they'd like to part with? Or have a suggestion on how to gain one without paying the large sum of cash they are asking? I am flying out to San Fran that morning for my best friend's wedding that weekend so it would work out perfectly for me to attend. I would love to go but am definitely not wanting to shell out all of that money. I promise to represent my fellow 10cemebers well! It would be an awesome way to start the weekend!
  • Options
    mead60 wrote:
    Anyone out there have an extra pass to this they'd like to part with? Or have a suggestion on how to gain one without paying the large sum of cash they are asking? I am flying out to San Fran that morning for my best friend's wedding that weekend so it would work out perfectly for me to attend. I would love to go but am definitely not wanting to shell out all of that money. I promise to represent my fellow 10cemebers well! It would be an awesome way to start the weekend!

Well, if you wanted to try it you could go down to the moscone center during the day and ask people that are walking in and out if they are using their bracelet for the appreciation event and maybe you'll get lucky. I'm pretty sure the only way to get extra passes are from companies that are hosting a booth at the conference or from somebody at Oracle. Good luck!
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    make the SELLOUT SIGN EXTRA BIG

Fucking classic :lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    I'm working whatever angles i can.
    We have an army of Oracle DBAs here at work... with most of them being in either the "Who's Pearl Jam?" or the "They're Getting Back Together?" camp. I'm hoping to 'borrow' their credentials and sneak into the gig if I can't get an outright pass from my boss.

I really hope you get in...I think the boys would dig it if they looked out and saw you there...like a little bit of 10C home...best of luck to you!
  • Options
    I'm officially going to this gig and cannot wait!! I was able to score a pass from one of my engineers who has absolutely no interest in going to see Pearl Jam.

Hopefully the crowd will be just as lame as other corporate sponsored events typically are so I can squeeze my way up front. Not too sure though seeing that Pearl Jam is a bigger draw than some of the D-list bands like Train, Collective Soul or Jon Bon Jovi that companies usually hire for these shin digs.

RM
  • Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    For the record, none of us knows nor should pretend to know what Pearl Jam is doing with the money they're getting paid to play this event. Whether they want to stick it in their bank accounts, donate it all to charity, or somewhere in between, it's their prerogative. For all of you booing the band for doing this, feel free to vote with what really matters: your wallet. Don't buy their albums. Don't go to their shows. Don't buy merchandise.

Otherwise, enough with the self-righteousness. They're just fucking people playing a concert. They're just a fucking band. (My favorite band and the best band of all time, but still just a band). Where they choose to play and when and why and for how much is completely up to them.

Also, someone said they doubted this would show up as an official release: these types of gigs never do. Remember that bowling alley Ed played in about 8 or so years ago that was a private party for friends? That didn't show up as an official release either. That doesn't mean they're ashamed or afraid to post it. It means it's a PRIVATE show, i.e. not available to the general public. I've seen the likes of The Black Crowes, Van Halen, Sting, Carlos Santana and Elton John at corporate gigs like this and not once have they been publicized because again, they are private events.

Really, who cares? Will their songs mean less to you now? Do you think they're lesser people now? Will the great memories from your life that are associated with Pearl Jam somehow have less value now? I hope the answer to all of these questions is no, and if it is, then you really have nothing to complain about.
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    If anyone who has scored a pass because you are going or from a buddy at work or a friend of a friend etc etc, please keep an ear out for another pass or ask politely around for another please for me.

I will repay you with being my truly wonderful and delightful self! I can buy pre-beers, post-beers, do a dance, climb a tree, get a tattoo, make a paper aeroplane, save the world by curing cancer, anything.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    my2hands wrote:
    i wouldnt attend this corporate fuckfest for free, let alone $2,000

G-R-E-E-D-G-R-E-E-D-G-R-E-E-D-G-R....it's a disease and they're all green

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    Nearly everyone there has had their company pay their way - so there may be folks that will take $50 or so for their pass. When I went in 08 a cab driver told me someone GAVE him a pass once. I'd just hang around Moscone.

There will be beer/wine/dinner stations as well. They also had carnival games and I think even rides going when I went last time ( didn't get over there - customer wanted to talk :(
  • Options
    While I 100% agree that the cheapest way to get in is likely to be standing around at Moscone and asking folks for their extra passes, I spent a fair amount of time on the event website looking for the cheapest registration that would still get me into the Appreciation Event, and $795 is the cheapest I could find (Java Embedded @ JavaOne). That's not really affordable by any means, but a lot lot better than $2-3K+ for the full event.
  • Options
    Attendees can also buy 1 $650 guest package for the event - plus lunches and all the other music events going on that week ( Jimmy Clift, British Beat etc - every night someone different).
  • Options
    Looks like X got added to the lineup, I'm guessing Pearl Jam had a hand in this: http://www.oracle.com/openworld/appreciation-event/index.html
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Looks like X got added to the lineup, I'm guessing Pearl Jam had a hand in this: http://www.oracle.com/openworld/appreciation-event/index.html
    WOOHOO!
    Maybe Eddie will come out and do Devil Doll with them.
  • Options
    I may be able to come across another extra pass next week but will have to play it by ear. I'll post something on here if I do or anybody that is still looking next week feel free to PM me. If anybody else has any extras let's post it on here so hopefully it goes to a 10club member!

See you all in SF, flying out on Sunday morning 8-)
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    I may be able to come across another extra pass next week but will have to play it by ear. I'll post something on here if I do or anybody that is still looking next week feel free to PM me. If anybody else has any extras let's post it on here so hopefully it goes to a 10club member!

See you all in SF, flying out on Sunday morning 8-)
    PM sent and fingers crossed. Have a safe trip!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    Folks, I am headed to the Oracle Appreciation Event next weekend. I am more than excited to see PJ play. I know for a fact that I will have several passes available. If you are interested, please private message me...